logo

Wrong information on ID Card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

RVTL/and or EQUINOX, Sparks, Nevada Complaints & Reviews - False & Misleading Advertising

RVTL/and or EQUINOX Contacts & Informations

RVTL/and or EQUINOX

Posted: 2013-06-25 by    Marilynn Gordon

False & Misleading Advertising

RVTL US and or EQUINOX DNA
1285 Baring Blvd 297
Sparks, Nevada
Phone: 877-862-9839
I received an email offering free 30 day samples of the products, RVTL Anti-Aging Cream and Equinox Day & Night solution for the cost of $4.95 each shipping costs. I ordered the samples, providing my visa account number for the postage charge, and received the products 4 days later. Seventeen days later I received my Visa bill and was astounded to see that I had been charged $93 and $99 for the products. I immediately called the company and was told that I only had 14 days from the date I ordered the samples to inform them I didn't want them. Otherwise I was enrolled in their "elite autoship program" and could not get any money returned. While they could cancel further shipments, they insisted I had to pay the $192 for the products received.
The websites from which I ordered the samples clearly state 1) RVTL - "30 day Money Back Guarantee" on the page where I was to fill in my visa information; 2) EQUINOX "Full 30 Day Supply (FREE)" on their order site. The following day I received confirmation emails that my "membership" had been cancelled, and providing a shipping address to return the products.
I have repeatedly written and called the company(ies). I returned the products to them by USPS return receipt requested. The companies have not signed the receipts. I have repeatedly contacted the company by telephone and email, but they refuse my refund.

RVTL/and or EQUINOX RVTL/and or EQUINOX

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2014 by   Claudia Jane 0 Votes
I also responded to this ad and it is a scam. I am working on getting over 400.00 refunded. Something needs to be done about this company! I am filing complaint with my state's Attorney General and my bank. I have told the bank I did not authorize these charges, if they do not help I will be closing my account. I have seen numerous complaints about this ad, hope word gets out and these people are made to repay everyone they ripped off.
 3rd of Feb, 2014 by   Beth99 0 Votes
I also applied for these trial offers. Everything on the offers stated that your were enrolling in an autoship program for $99/month for the RVTL and $93/month for the Equanox unless you cancelled your membership with-in 14 days of receiving the product. Once I received the products I was VERY disappointed in the quality of the creams and serums- not sure they were even worth the shipping. So I immediately called, cancelled my membership, gave them feedback on their quality and gave them the name of the cream I am currently using that they should be striving for quality wise. With in 12 hrs, received cancellation notices. I don't think the company is a scam, just not a great quality product- and I think many consumers don't read the fine print before they agree to something.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   sunbeltqueen 0 Votes
The same story. They owe me $397.90 and I returned all product. They have told me that they will return only $97.00 due to restocking fees. I'm still arguing with them.
 5th of Mar, 2014 by   Teresa56 0 Votes
I also applied for these trial offers, expecting to be charged approximately ten dollars for trial samples of the products. The products

arrived without any paperwork or explanation. I did not see any explanation of a "membership" with automatic shipping and billing.

I called when I saw the charges on my credit card. Like everyone else, I understood this to be a sample, and that impression was

reinforced when there was no paperwork with the product. There is NO WAY I would sign up for something this expensive.

The customer service person was very difficult to understand and refused to acknowledge this is a scam. I told her that if it is not a scam,

she needs to let the company know that their ad is misleading and is generating a lot of bad publicity for the company.

She agreed to credit $100 to my account in two days. I will be watching, and if the credit does not come through, I will call my credit card

company to challenge the charges.
 28th of Mar, 2014 by   natherine 0 Votes
I also applied for trial 30 day free they took 99.00 from me I'm protesting I also got shamed no paperwork explaining membership no number to call better business need to know
 31st of Mar, 2014 by   reserva 0 Votes
reading through all the comments, i am feeling scared now because. l received my 30 day trial but like others stories there was no paper meaning no instruction or leaflet that accompanies the box so i was looking for how to use but instead i found these scary comments so please can anybody tell me what i should do
 2nd of Apr, 2014 by   msupset 0 Votes
This message is for RESERVA return the product asap if you don't want any unexpected charges and let them know that you want to cancel any further orders if not you will be charged and can't get your money back...I to ordered the product for a free trial of 30 days and was charged for each product in the amount of 192.00 they are misleading and misrepresentation I cancelled my membership and hopefully they honor their word.
 12th of Apr, 2014 by   owgo 0 Votes
Can someone tell me how to contact this company??

I want to be sure I don't get charged anymore by this outfit. It worries me to no end. I never expected to pay the extra fees and would never have tried the product had I known they would continue to charge me for something I did not want.
 18th of Apr, 2014 by   BonhamD 0 Votes
This company is still scamming people. It is a scan, they hook you with the free product with shipping charges only then charge you full price when you keep the product. I too signed up online, but in my case there wasn't a link to an agreement to their terms, I was taken directly to the payment tab. The product arrived without any kind of shipping notice or packing slip. Luckily I used a credit card and am working with them to have the charges removed. I am also identifying the company as fraudulent based on all the chatter online... that I wished I had seen before ordering. This company evidently makes their money from the restocking fees and the pour souls who don't have a way of getting their money back. Shame on them! I wish there was a way we could get this company shut down - maybe with a class action lawsuit.
 23rd of Apr, 2014 by   mary adcock 0 Votes
ICAN'T FIND A PHONE 3 TO TELL THEM I DO NOT WANT IT
Does any one have # to call
I live on 700 SS and can't pay that
please help.
 7th of Jun, 2014 by   lag412 0 Votes
I am another victim of this ridiculous business practice. I've gone through all of the same situations as the rest of you. After reading all of the complaints, I went back to the Amazon page where the offer originated and clicked on "Terms and Conditions". THERE is where it is explained about the auto ship policy. Ladies, we need to realize that nothing in this life is free. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it usually ISN'T true! Let's start reading the really fine print and looking for loopholes. DON'T EVER click on "AGREE" until you've ACTUALLY read the terms and conditions page. I'm sick over this whole thing - it's a very expensive lesson learned. (The Indian sounding gentleman agreed to refund me $80 - that's $40 per item). I'm still out about $320. Well, I'll use what I have and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. He cancelled future shipments and told me to keep the 2nd shipment as there is a $20 restocking fee. They get you coming and going!
PS. THE PHONE NUMBER IS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE. 877-862-9839
 28th of Jun, 2014 by   surferjoe +1 Votes
I have found the following information Sheridan Labs DBA EquinoxDNA, RVTL, and I'm sure many other names is located at

14953 S Heritage crest Way, Ste #C
Bluffdale Ut. 84065 4855
Phone 877-862-9839

President: Asadullah Khan
Operating Manger: Kasim Barakzia
GM: Fahim Khan
Customer Contact: Larry Roberts
Attorney: Jordan Cameron

I believed pressure should be put on the State of Utah to the elected officials of the consumer protection division to get rid of such deceptive practices in the state
 13th of Jul, 2014 by   virginia mary 0 Votes
i ordered free sample, but like others didn't read properly, this doesn't mean the they can rob you, i rang a number and was told they had sent some more not ordered, that i could keep it, said i didn't want it, the cream made my face drier then before i used it, gave me a tracking number which could't be found, said they would refund the whole amount but only refunded £40, they still owe me £50, small compared to some people, they are still advertising and conning people
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Scott S. Gerrish 0 Votes
The most important thing: DOES NOT MAKE YOUR EYES STING!!! This is such a good product . Very moisturizing and really does the job. Has a very pleasing scent. I love it and will be buying another jar when this one is gone.
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Scott S. Gerrish 0 Votes
Great product use it not only around my eyes, but also around my lip line, works great. Use all three products daily, the night cream, the eye cream, and the moisturizer.
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Johnny A. Lockett 0 Votes
"I am 25 years old and have very dry skin under my eyes which is prone to lining. It has gotten particularly bad this past winter. This cream is mildly helpful but I have not seen a major improvement in the hydration under my eyes. It's better than nothing but its not great.
"
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Ross K. Smith 0 Votes
This is probably the best eye cream I have tried. The texture is creamy with honey odor and the price for its value is unbeatable. I just ordered my third one right now. It is a product I recommend for everyone. I also put it on my face which help with my irritation as well. Great product!!
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Henry B. Stephens 0 Votes
at first, my mom thought it helped her a bit for the first couple of dyas but after that, she said he eyes looked puffier than ever and she felt a bit irritated. Maybe she was allergic to the ingredients.
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Brittny C. Rodriguez 0 Votes
light and comfortable in texture. love the texture of it. I am not sure how effective it is b/c I had return it. its other products were too heavy in perfume (I bought night revival cream and the hand cream)
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Darryl L. Eubanks 0 Votes