Russell Stover

Russell Stover
4900 Oak
Kansas City, Missouri
russellstover.com
I've been ordering LARGE amounts of discounted expired holiday candy from Russell Stover for years now, but all of a sudden they do not honor free shipping over $45 on discounted items. Why would I want $68 worth of chocolate if I still have to pay the free shipping? Ordered on weekend, can't get in touch with them until Monday, call them monday 10am and they say it's too late, I have to take the $68 in candy--feel like a fool. On their website FAQ: Question: Do Outlet items count towards free shipping? ANSWER: THERE IS NO ANSWER

Also, I did a survey for them and they sent me a 10% off coupon for thanks. Coupon states this:

To save 10% on your next order at www.russellstover.com, enter coupon code ********** during checkout. Shop now >

Thanks again!

Russell Stover Candies, Inc.

10% discount is valid online only and may not be used in stores. Discount expires 12/31/08

After placing the order, email confirmation shows the 10% was not honored. Why not?

They tell me it's not good for discounted items. My question: THEN YOU SHOULD STATE THAT IN THE EMAIL INSTEAD OF USING IT TO GOAT PEOPLE INTO MAKING A PURCHASE AND NOT HONORING IT.

Called customer service and got nowhere. Hey Russell Stover, it's not about $5 or $10, it's about principle. After ordering hundreds of dollars worth of chocolate from their website over the years, I'M THROUGH WITH ANY COMPANY THAT WON'T BEND AN INCH AND NICKEL AND DIMES ME. I DON'T LIKE GAMES OR COMPANIES THAT PLAY THEM.

I'M DONE WITH YOU RUSSELL STOVER!
Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Be happy they offer the stuff at discounted prices in the first place. I also order discounted holiday candy (including a few cases from Halloween this year) and have never had a bad experience with Russell Stover. The majority of companies selling products online don't allow you to combine sales/offers/discounts. They weren't "nickel and diming" you. If you really wanted the product you wouldn't mind paying the few bucks it takes to ship the stuff.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
It could be worse. I just bought a large box of Russell Stover chocolates only to find they filled the second level of the box with cardboard to save the cost of putting in a second layer of chocolates. Ill never buy another product from them again because of this. This is a cheap and dirty trick to fool consumers into thinking they are getting a good deal. The box could have easily been 1/2 to 1/4 the size because of the large spacing of the chocolates and the missing second layer.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The new wrapping is terrible. I hate the plastic deviders. The chocolate is smaller and hard. I don't even recognize the chocolates anymore. Before, I could tell you what every piece in the box was. They also smell like poop! Really, smell them. I've eaten these candies since I was a child and always told everyone how wonderful they were and not to waste their money on supposed gourmet candy. Now, they are as creepy as Whitman's.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir,
I just want to mention my husband and I enjoy your Russell Stover Sugar Free Mint Patties but recently I bought two bags of 10 oz. Sugar Free Mint Patties and discovered that they didnot have the mint layer in the candy. I have started checking the candy and find if they feel ok. You can tell because they are much thiner and have an edge to them. I just felt you should know this. I am still going to buy them because we like them and I am diabetic I just have to remember to check them. Thanks Nancy Dunkle I don't like to complain but since it happened twice I thought it would be good to tell you.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
russell stover does not honor their guarantee
especially when they made me mail at my own expense the disgusting white and horrible chocolate my youngest son bought me for mother day
i mailed each of the two boxes separately on may 21-2012
checked back on june 4th they didnt receive it yet
checked back on june 11-12 they didnt receive it yet
i posted a complaint this morning and get a call that i am not going to get my chocolate
replaced until they get the boxes in the mail
in my line of business i can't tell you how many clients i have purchased numerous boxes of candy over the 15 years i have been in business whether its to say thank you. or health issues or whatever the very many circumstances that i have used russell stovers candies
i am now on a mission to continually complain about this until this gets resolved
i will make it my personal goal to email every day concering this company
 20th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I will begin by saying that I have enjoyed Russel Stover candy for years. In the last few months I have purchased boxes of creams at Walgreen's in Wayne MI. Sorry to say, the quality has been very disappointing. The first box was discolored and very hard. I threw the whole box away. I would have taken it back, but I did not have the receipt. About a month later, I bought another box of creams, took them home and opened them, same thing. I took the box back and got a refund. Last week, I purchased another box of creams, same thing, discolored and hard. I will return this box also. I have been very disappointed in the quality. The expiration date on all the boxes were sometime in 2014. Hopefully, this problem can be solved as I look forward to buying your candy in the future.
 5th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
You thieving bums! Russell Stovers used to be great be a great box chocolates but alas.. You've gone the way of every other all the other dogs. Profit before integrity, quality etc. all gone. Not only did they used taste better, there used to be more per box! The boxes used to be packed with chocolate, every inch of the inside of the box! The nice little paper cups, each filled with a good sized piece of chocolate, all pressed up tightly next to each other leaving no room for anything else. Now, vast spaces of plastic divider void, all four corners are plastic nothingness - how about more chocolate, and I do mean chocolate! Not "white chocolate" which is NOT chocolate but a cheap substitute to put politely. Putting a bits of that garbage in there to further stiff the consumer is just profane. Of course, less chocolate & doubling the price is another blatant slap in the face. On top of all this, the & taste have suffered as well. Your product used to be a lot better tasting, my favorite for a long time.. A mere shell of what you once were RS, what a shame.. Now? What a sham! Are you trying to put yourself out of business? I understand what I'm guessing is the grifter's motto, there's a sucker born every minute.. And the newer generations will be too young to realize how you used be, back when you used to do business like most in America used to, give the consumer a good quantity of quality product for a good price! No longer the case for most American companies & as is self evident, you are following suite. Now, you boldly display "Proudly made in America" on your boxes.. If giving people as little as possible for the most amount of money you can get away with is something to be proud of, if this the "American way", what a disheartening state of affairs we are in! Shape up or ship off.. To annals of history!
 19th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
I was given a box for Valentine day, expiry is 14ma01 - the way the chocolates look sure hope the 01 doesn't mean 2001
 8th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
their dark chocolate orange jelly sticks are very dark bitter chocolate & the orange jelly part was neither orange flavor or jelly ti was a taste less jujube covered in bitter chocolate. gail
 9th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
hello my friend sent me a box of your chocolate for my birthday a 340g box bar code number was 0 77260 04164 6 i couldnt read the best before because i havent got a microscope glass to see it... i called yr numbers on the box - with no luck and as i was calling from new zealand will cost me ... anyway your chocs are stale - how i know this is because the dark chocolate is white and tastes stale to ...

my friend sent this to me in good faith an i cant tell her the chocs are stale that will hurt her feelings...

im telling you so you fix the problem so no other person will get stale chocs for their birthday ... sighs

thanks olivia
 22nd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Not happy with Russell stover getting rid of their chocolate in the glass doors I really loved cake pops. Bad call from corporate!!!👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎
 24th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
I've been ordering the Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Santa for years. They have not changed the shape of the Santa that now looks more like a glob. This is not so bad but now the ratio of chocolate to marshmallow has change and does not have the same flavor and texture. I guess I won't believe in Santa any more.
 16th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I hate Russell Stover Candies. I worked for them from September 2004-July 2012. I worked at one of their stores in Colorado (which is no longer in business). I love the products, but not the company itself. The people at the corporate office are stuck up greedy snobs that only care about making money, and not the people that work for them. With them I experienced the worst in what a retail job had to offer. My manager, coworkers, and I were forced to work harder than we were able. They tried to get as much work out of as little staff as possible. In January 2012 the company forxed my manager into retirement. Leaving myself, and two of my coworkers to run the store. In February that year one of my coworkers resigned. Leaving just two of us to run the store. The only help they gave us is sending in managers from other stores to help us out. I was only a part time employee, but I was working more than full time hours without full time benefits. My last coworker whom I got along well with resigned in June 2012. I was than by myself for a month running the store. Corporate only sent in staff from the nearest location in Denver to cover the weekends so that I would have time off. I finally had enough, and resigned as well. Their products may taste good, but their treatment of their workers is not. For me it was nothing more than a dead end minimum wage job.
 7th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
Forgot two more points Mr Kevin. There was a white girl named Cora she received 4 write ups within 6 months, she told me Byron pulled some strings for her and she was able to keep her job. The second thing is my mother Lydia Fisher got employee of the month for the month of February. If you were her supervisor I would think you would be proud because your employee is a representation of you and how you run your department right?. Wrong. Instead to show her ignorance she goes to my mom and ask her how you get it because I didn't put you in for it!. Plain ignorance. Is that the type of supervisor you would want to run a department? Just another example of how she can treat people. My phone number is 785 3046784 just in case you have questions. If I need any statements please let me know

Show quoted text
Did you receive this email??

On Mar 20, 2016 12:41 PM, "Shawnda Fisher" wrote:
My name is LaShawnda Fisher. I'm contacting you because I use to work at Russell stover located in Abilene and I feel as if I'm being discriminated against, now and when I was working there. I first started working there March of 2015 I worked in choco pack. My supervisor was Sharon guy. I did my job and I did it well. The only problem that I can own up to is being very spunky. I'm a very happy, cheerful type of person and I love to see people happy make them laugh etc. So I can get a little outrageous at times but it's only to keep the department in good spirits only. But while I do that I still tend to my job making sure not to drop candy on the floor and keeping myself busy as well. So when it comes to job performance there's definitely no problem there. The problem was Sharon had a personal problem with me to the point where she made sure no one talked to me. Even people that weren't in my department they were no longer able to talk to me while I'm working. And mind you I was the only one she did that too. She did little petty things that I would not expect a supervisor to do. For example I'm working on the line, everything is going smoothly I'm laughing having a good time working, she'll go to the back and turn my line up to try and make me get a lot of floor waste but unfortunately she fails. The enrober of that line would tell me that she did it and would apologize. One day I was working with my mom Lydia Fisher who currently work there, we were doing the marshmallow Candy's which were coming down the line 100 mph. She comes to me and show me a steel that has a lot of smashed candies in it and tell me I smashed them all because I was speaking the candy too hard. If you ever worked in choco pack you would know that steels don't have names on them so I don't know how she would be able to identify which one was mines. She blamed everything on me. After working there she put me on a do not hire list. I was then hired again the following year for wrapping. My experience there was no better. Everything at first was great. Worked hard did my job no more horse play on my part due to choco pack I wanted to change that aspect. I was in fact 4 months pregnant but no one knew at the time. Luis would tell me how much of a good worker I was and to keep it up. I finally start to show and work is becoming harder but there's no effect in my work ethics. I got a note from the Dr stating that I couldn't do certain things anymore so that's when things with me and Luis M started to change. He would ship me off to Delta to help pack which was not a problem at all because I learn fairly fast. The problem was he didn't tell me that I was supposed to get paid packing pay for the duration of the time that I'm packing. I found out through another employee weeks later. When I asked him about it he said OK I'll make sure y you get it next time. There was a time when he was offering overtime. He told me I want allowed to work overtime cause I have restrictions... Mind you he didn't know what all my restrictions were because Janelle from hr told me that she's only allowed to tell them certain things. So I contacted Janelle to ask her what my restrictions were and she told me there was nothing in my restrictions that prevented me to work overtime. I then took that to Luis to inform him. The next time overtime came back around I asked to be on the list he then told me that Janelle said that I could work overtime but only in wrapping. That information didn't sound right so I went to Janelle the following day to discuss that matter with her. She then told me that she did not tell him that and he shouldn't have told me that and I was allowed to work in any department that needed help. There was another incident where I smashed my finger in the door at home no problem right? Nope there was. I went to the nurses office like I did everyday to get bandaids cause my nail was going to fall off I smashed it that good. Luis just so happen to be in there so I showed him cause he wanted to know why I needed bandaids. He called the plant manager Mr. Joe in to ask him if it was ok for me to be at work with my fingernail being the way that it was. You could see the confusion and irritation on his face but Mr Joe's response was.. Are you wearing a bandaid I tell him yes. He asked if I wore gloves on top of that. I respond yes. So he asked Luis what the problem was and he responding with well I was just making sure she was allowed to work with her finger nail being like that. When it comes to me he always looked irritated had a smart remark to say every time I said something to him. He has this racist persona about him and he makes it very clear that he don't like black people so much just by how he talk and interact with us. I did more than what was asked of me while I was pregnant. I finally went on maternity leave at 8 months cause I was just in so much pain. I have thousands of people who could vouch for me to say that I was a damn good worker and I worked harder than most. When I left I still had occurrences and tardies to spare but somehow again he puts me on this so not hire list.. Mind you there was a white guy just lazy who didn't have any occurrences or tardies he actually got hired on and I think it's because he was having sex the lead and she helped him get the job permanent. The lead that John was having sex with was Cynthia. So now I'm hearing from everybody in the building that I got put on the do not hire list. I then call Janelle to ask her what could I have possibly have done to be put on that list while I was pregnant. She tells me oh, there's no such thing of said list and I never heard anything about you not being able to work here anymore. Well I am somebody and I know people who know people so I can get information as well and they said she told me what I wanted to hear and that I was indeed not hirwable . They also are nasty leaving Candy's in the steels forever and actually shipping it out bring discolored and hard. So beware of the russell stover in Abilene ks
 7th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I've actually seen a manager put his hand is the chocolate to see if it was too thick. After checking he shook the excess chocolate back in the pail and poured it into the machine so candy can be made out of it. He didn't have on a glove and he didn't wash his hands. Now if a supervisor does that can you imagine what the employees are doing...
 7th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
My name is LaShawnda Fisher. I'm contacting you because I use to work at Russell stover located in Abilene and I feel as if I'm being discriminated against, now and when I was working there. I first started working there March of 2015 I worked in choco pack. My supervisor was Sharon guy. I did my job and I did it well. The only problem that I can own up to is being very spunky. I'm a very happy, cheerful type of person and I love to see people happy make them laugh etc. So I can get a little outrageous at times but it's only to keep the department in good spirits only. But while I do that I still tend to my job making sure not to drop candy on the floor and keeping myself busy as well. So when it comes to job performance there's definitely no problem there. The problem was Sharon had a personal problem with me to the point where she made sure no one talked to me. Even people that weren't in my department they were no longer able to talk to me while I'm working. And mind you I was the only one she did that too. She did little petty things that I would not expect a supervisor to do. For example I'm working on the line, everything is going smoothly I'm laughing having a good time working, she'll go to the back and turn my line up to try and make me get a lot of floor waste but unfortunately she fails. The enrober of that line would tell me that she did it and would apologize. One day I was working with my mom Lydia Fisher who currently work there, we were doing the marshmallow Candy's which were coming down the line 100 mph. She comes to me and show me a steel that has a lot of smashed candies in it and tell me I smashed them all because I was speaking the candy too hard. If you ever worked in choco pack you would know that steels don't have names on them so I don't know how she would be able to identify which one was mines. She blamed everything on me. After working there she put me on a do not hire list. I was then hired again the following year for wrapping. My experience there was no better. Everything at first was great. Worked hard did my job no more horse play on my part due to choco pack I wanted to change that aspect. I was in fact 4 months pregnant but no one knew at the time. Luis would tell me how much of a good worker I was and to keep it up. I finally start to show and work is becoming harder but there's no effect in my work ethics. I got a note from the Dr stating that I couldn't do certain things anymore so that's when things with me and Luis M started to change. He would ship me off to Delta to help pack which was not a problem at all because I learn fairly fast. The problem was he didn't tell me that I was supposed to get paid packing pay for the duration of the time that I'm packing. I found out through another employee weeks later. When I asked him about it he said OK I'll make sure y you get it next time. There was a time when he was offering overtime. He told me I want allowed to work overtime cause I have restrictions... Mind you he didn't know what all my restrictions were because Janelle from hr told me that she's only allowed to tell them certain things. So I contacted Janelle to ask her what my restrictions were and she told me there was nothing in my restrictions that prevented me to work overtime. I then took that to Luis to inform him. The next time overtime came back around I asked to be on the list he then told me that Janelle said that I could work overtime but only in wrapping. That information didn't sound right so I went to Janelle the following day to discuss that matter with her. She then told me that she did not tell him that and he shouldn't have told me that and I was allowed to work in any department that needed help. There was another incident where I smashed my finger in the door at home no problem right? Nope there was. I went to the nurses office like I did everyday to get bandaids cause my nail was going to fall off I smashed it that good. Luis just so happen to be in there so I showed him cause he wanted to know why I needed bandaids. He called the plant manager Mr. Joe in to ask him if it was ok for me to be at work with my fingernail being the way that it was. You could see the confusion and irritation on his face but Mr Joe's response was.. Are you wearing a bandaid I tell him yes. He asked if I wore gloves on top of that. I respond yes. So he asked Luis what the problem was and he responding with well I was just making sure she was allowed to work with her finger nail being like that. When it comes to me he always looked irritated had a smart remark to say every time I said something to him. He has this racist persona about him and he makes it very clear that he don't like black people so much just by how he talk and interact with us. I did more than what was asked of me while I was pregnant. I finally went on maternity leave at 8 months cause I was just in so much pain. I have thousands of people who could vouch for me to say that I was a damn good worker and I worked harder than most. When I left I still had occurrences and tardies to spare but somehow again he puts me on this so not hire list.. Mind you there was a white guy just lazy who didn't have any occurrences or tardies he actually got hired on and I think it's because he was having sex the lead and she helped him get the job permanent. The lead that John was having sex with was Cynthia. So now I'm hearing from everybody in the building that I got put on the do not hire list. I then call Janelle to ask her what could I have possibly have done to be put on that list while I was pregnant. She tells me oh, there's no such thing of said list and I never heard anything about you not being able to work here anymore. Well I am somebody and I know people who know people so I can get information about those types of things and I was told that what she told me was total bull crab there is a list. They the supervisors have a list of people that they might say call back, and they'll call you when they start to hire again then it's a list to where they say do not want and they won't be considered for the job. But for her to sit there and Lie deliberately to me is wrong. And I feel as if I did anything wrong I should know about it to correct it for my future jobs. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble or beg for my job I just feel like it's a lot of unfair justice that's going on in that building a lot of favoritism to the point hard workers like myself isn't getting a fair chance. They say they want hard workers but I've seen for myself that that is not true at all. It's more things to focus on like people having sex at work doing drugs selling drugs but people are so blind to that because their focus is on the wrong things. Another issue I experienced was terrible quality control. I like to put myself in the customers shoes. If I'm at work and I'm inhaling mold from these displays why would you continue to put candy inside of them. All of the displays smelt bad.. Some even had mold on then which were thrown in the trash but the point is why are putting candy in the rest of them. Yes I told Luis about them cause I was pregnant and shouldn't have been inhaling mold. He told me if I seen it on there throw it away and if the smell got worse to let him know. But he kept me on those displays to inhale the mold. I had to endure a lot of bogus things while pregnant and they seem to have no sympathy for that. Mind you my son passed away January 23rd of this year it was because of SIDS but what I went through there reminds me of my baby. I'm sorry I'm all over the place with this I just feel like it's not right how they are treating people up there and especially blacks but that's another topic. All I'm asking for is clarity to why I'm not able to be rehired. What's the reason behind it. So if you could contact me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time, have a good day.

Contact Us