logo

Express Credit Auto
Awful experience
5. (38 mins ago)
Country Club Vacation
C for country club or cheater's club

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Russell Stover
4900 Oak
Kansas City, Missouri
russellstover.com
I've been ordering LARGE amounts of discounted expired holiday candy from Russell Stover for years now, but all of a sudden they do not honor free shipping over $45 on discounted items. Why would I want $68 worth of chocolate if I still have to pay the free shipping? Ordered on weekend, can't get in touch with them until Monday, call them monday 10am and they say it's too late, I have to take the $68 in candy--feel like a fool. On their website FAQ: Question: Do Outlet items count towards free shipping? ANSWER: THERE IS NO ANSWER

Also, I did a survey for them and they sent me a 10% off coupon for thanks. Coupon states this:

To save 10% on your next order at www.russellstover.com, enter coupon code ********** during checkout. Shop now >

Thanks again!

Russell Stover Candies, Inc.

10% discount is valid online only and may not be used in stores. Discount expires 12/31/08

After placing the order, email confirmation shows the 10% was not honored. Why not?

They tell me it's not good for discounted items. My question: THEN YOU SHOULD STATE THAT IN THE EMAIL INSTEAD OF USING IT TO GOAT PEOPLE INTO MAKING A PURCHASE AND NOT HONORING IT.

Called customer service and got nowhere. Hey Russell Stover, it's not about $5 or $10, it's about principle. After ordering hundreds of dollars worth of chocolate from their website over the years, I'M THROUGH WITH ANY COMPANY THAT WON'T BEND AN INCH AND NICKEL AND DIMES ME. I DON'T LIKE GAMES OR COMPANIES THAT PLAY THEM.

I'M DONE WITH YOU RUSSELL STOVER!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008 by   Ryan 0 Votes
Be happy they offer the stuff at discounted prices in the first place. I also order discounted holiday candy (including a few cases from Halloween this year) and have never had a bad experience with Russell Stover. The majority of companies selling products online don't allow you to combine sales/offers/discounts. They weren't "nickel and diming" you. If you really wanted the product you wouldn't mind paying the few bucks it takes to ship the stuff.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   John Smith 0 Votes
It could be worse. I just bought a large box of Russell Stover chocolates only to find they filled the second level of the box with cardboard to save the cost of putting in a second layer of chocolates. Ill never buy another product from them again because of this. This is a cheap and dirty trick to fool consumers into thinking they are getting a good deal. The box could have easily been 1/2 to 1/4 the size because of the large spacing of the chocolates and the missing second layer.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   Terben 0 Votes
The new wrapping is terrible. I hate the plastic deviders. The chocolate is smaller and hard. I don't even recognize the chocolates anymore. Before, I could tell you what every piece in the box was. They also smell like poop! Really, smell them. I've eaten these candies since I was a child and always told everyone how wonderful they were and not to waste their money on supposed gourmet candy. Now, they are as creepy as Whitman's.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   Nancy Dunkle 0 Votes
Dear Sir,
I just want to mention my husband and I enjoy your Russell Stover Sugar Free Mint Patties but recently I bought two bags of 10 oz. Sugar Free Mint Patties and discovered that they didnot have the mint layer in the candy. I have started checking the candy and find if they feel ok. You can tell because they are much thiner and have an edge to them. I just felt you should know this. I am still going to buy them because we like them and I am diabetic I just have to remember to check them. Thanks Nancy Dunkle I don't like to complain but since it happened twice I thought it would be good to tell you.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   tracy padova 0 Votes
russell stover does not honor their guarantee
especially when they made me mail at my own expense the disgusting white and horrible chocolate my youngest son bought me for mother day
i mailed each of the two boxes separately on may 21-2012
checked back on june 4th they didnt receive it yet
checked back on june 11-12 they didnt receive it yet
i posted a complaint this morning and get a call that i am not going to get my chocolate
replaced until they get the boxes in the mail
in my line of business i can't tell you how many clients i have purchased numerous boxes of candy over the 15 years i have been in business whether its to say thank you. or health issues or whatever the very many circumstances that i have used russell stovers candies
i am now on a mission to continually complain about this until this gets resolved
i will make it my personal goal to email every day concering this company
 20th of Dec, 2013 by   sue timoszyk 0 Votes
I will begin by saying that I have enjoyed Russel Stover candy for years. In the last few months I have purchased boxes of creams at Walgreen's in Wayne MI. Sorry to say, the quality has been very disappointing. The first box was discolored and very hard. I threw the whole box away. I would have taken it back, but I did not have the receipt. About a month later, I bought another box of creams, took them home and opened them, same thing. I took the box back and got a refund. Last week, I purchased another box of creams, same thing, discolored and hard. I will return this box also. I have been very disappointed in the quality. The expiration date on all the boxes were sometime in 2014. Hopefully, this problem can be solved as I look forward to buying your candy in the future.
 5th of Feb, 2014 by   John Bernhardt 0 Votes
You thieving bums! Russell Stovers used to be great be a great box chocolates but alas.. You've gone the way of every other all the other dogs. Profit before integrity, quality etc. all gone. Not only did they used taste better, there used to be more per box! The boxes used to be packed with chocolate, every inch of the inside of the box! The nice little paper cups, each filled with a good sized piece of chocolate, all pressed up tightly next to each other leaving no room for anything else. Now, vast spaces of plastic divider void, all four corners are plastic nothingness - how about more chocolate, and I do mean chocolate! Not "white chocolate" which is NOT chocolate but a cheap substitute to put politely. Putting a bits of that garbage in there to further stiff the consumer is just profane. Of course, less chocolate & doubling the price is another blatant slap in the face. On top of all this, the & taste have suffered as well. Your product used to be a lot better tasting, my favorite for a long time.. A mere shell of what you once were RS, what a shame.. Now? What a sham! Are you trying to put yourself out of business? I understand what I'm guessing is the grifter's motto, there's a sucker born every minute.. And the newer generations will be too young to realize how you used be, back when you used to do business like most in America used to, give the consumer a good quantity of quality product for a good price! No longer the case for most American companies & as is self evident, you are following suite. Now, you boldly display "Proudly made in America" on your boxes.. If giving people as little as possible for the most amount of money you can get away with is something to be proud of, if this the "American way", what a disheartening state of affairs we are in! Shape up or ship off.. To annals of history!
 19th of Feb, 2014 by   MaeE 0 Votes
I was given a box for Valentine day, expiry is 14ma01 - the way the chocolates look sure hope the 01 doesn't mean 2001
 8th of Aug, 2014 by   sherimane 0 Votes
their dark chocolate orange jelly sticks are very dark bitter chocolate & the orange jelly part was neither orange flavor or jelly ti was a taste less jujube covered in bitter chocolate. gail
 9th of Sep, 2014 by   oliviarobinson 0 Votes
hello my friend sent me a box of your chocolate for my birthday a 340g box bar code number was 0 77260 04164 6 i couldnt read the best before because i havent got a microscope glass to see it... i called yr numbers on the box - with no luck and as i was calling from new zealand will cost me ... anyway your chocs are stale - how i know this is because the dark chocolate is white and tastes stale to ...

my friend sent this to me in good faith an i cant tell her the chocs are stale that will hurt her feelings...

im telling you so you fix the problem so no other person will get stale chocs for their birthday ... sighs

thanks olivia