logo

Reliance Home Comfort
Lien on my house
5. (46 mins ago)
SZHENZHEN DISELECTRONICS COLTD
I haven’t received my order – seller is jerk

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive practices!

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC Contacts & Informations

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC

Posted:    CDUBS69

Deceptive practices!

Russ Darrow / JD Byrider/ CNAC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I would not do business with Russ Darrow ever. First of all, my dealings started with Russ Darrow when I saw the commercials that guaranteed if you made a if you had $99 down they would finance a new car for you regardless of credit. I guess there is a disclaimer that flashes that states you may have to pay more. I'm not sure how they can guarantee financing with $99 down and then put up a disclaimer that says the opposite. Just your normal deceptive practice from Russ Darrow. It's just another way to get you in the door. So I tried to get approved ahead of time and they made me come in only to try to send me to JDByrider. What they won't tell you is Russ Darrow owns the JDByrider as well as CNAC the finance company that finances for JDByrider. We'll get into CNAC later.

Anyway, being angry at the deceptive ad I left and went home. I then called a different Russ Darrow dealership and asked specifically about the ad. Again they asked me to come in (a 40 mile trip by the way). I told them about my prior experience and told them I wouldn't come down unless they ran my credit and told me whether I could be approved before I came. He took all my information (income, SSN, etc.) and called me back and said they could help me. So I got in my car and drove the hour to get there so I could sit there for over an hour and be told they couldn't help me and I should go to JD Byrider. At that point I was really pissed and decided to go to Byrider because my other car had broken down and I needed a car right away. If I had known they were owned by the same person I would never have went.

Ok, so now for JDByrider... worst place ever!!! First of all, they will sit you down and go over your credit like your some kind of criminal. Bright light and all! Now it's understandable that they need to be careful because they people who buy cars from them but since your gonna rape us over price and financing you may as well be nice to us. They should be buying people movie and a dinner as hard as they are screwing people. Don't even try to compare what they are charging you for the car to blue book price. That just angers them. As soon as I mentioned the blue book price the finance person basically stated that the cars are priced higher than what they are worth because people with bad credit have no other option. In a way, I guess he's right. I needed a car that night and they were my only option. Come to find out they were way overcharging for the car. But what can i say, needed a car right away.

Now let's talk about CNAC... these people are worse than any debt collector you have ever faced. First of all, they set up my payments to be paid on the week before my payday. I called and they agreed to set up the payments to be paid a week later which was when I got paid. This was fine, except that every damn week I would get phone calls asking when I would pay. Not only would they call me but they would call everyone on the list of references that I gave them for when I applied for financing. I guess they weren't intelligent enough to put a note in my account or if there was one they weren't intelligent enough to read it. I finally had to threaten to drive the car to them and leave it before they figured out how to stop harassing me and my friends or family. And if do have any difficulty making a payment they will threaten to ruin your credit and sue you for twice what you owe on the vehicle. And we're not talking months late, we're talking a couple weeks late.

So why do I write this. Because today I spoke to the ignorant people at CNAC again. I have 5 payments left. Sonia, who is an account manager, stated that each time I paid late because of the difference in my payday and the due date it was costing $45 extra every paycheck. I explained that that wasn't possible because my contract specifically stated there were no late fees. She stated that the extra was due to interest. Again I explained thats not possible. She basically stated I paid twice the interest on the principle for that 7 day period. I guess the basic principles of accounting were missing in her training, because I tried to explain to her that although I accrue more interest because the principle hasn't decreased, that does not mean I get charged interest twice on the principal. She then put another manager idiot named Kathy who also was lacking in any basic accounting skills. But it was Kathy who angered me the most when she told me that I would be back to buy another car from them. Which I definitely will not. I did check my balance and I will have to make one extra payment of @ $120. Which is what I expected.

I write this because I have seen many other people who have had the same experience with Russ Darrow, JD Byrider, and CNAC. If one person reads this and decides not to buy a car from them my job is done. Do yourself a favor, if your credit is really bad try going to one of these smaller dealerships that do in house financing. You'll probably get a better car, a better deal, and you'll be treated much better.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2008 by   sunray -2 Votes
Sounds like you need to improve your credit! By doing this you will avoid any frusterations in making major purchases and will be treated with more respect. There are many financial resources available on the web that assist and counsel individuals to improve credit scores.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   J +2 Votes
Yes, I completely agree with you! I recently bought a car there, and i truely regret it. It has been the worst decision I have ever made. I paid $11, 000 for the car, 5 months ago. I looked up Blue Book, its worth barely $5, 000! My entire purpose for going there was because I needed a car ASAP. I'm a single mom, and work full time, I need a way to get there! I would never recommend anyone and hope that someday someone will stop them from taking adavantage of people!
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   Lilly +2 Votes
These people at CNAC have been harassing me for MONTHS because my friend must have put me on a reference list. They call my cell phone like once or twice a week and tell me to tell her to call them, and I hardly even talk to her anymore and we live in different parts of the state. I'm not sure how to complain to them about this. Any ideas???
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Keisha +2 Votes
I truly regret purchasing a car form JD Byrider. I have paid my car payment for the past year, always over paying by a few dollars. I recently I was admitted to the hospital so I dropped off a partial payment short $32.00 and requested the amount ($32.00) be added to my next payment (2 weeks later). They told me no and said if I didn't get the 32.00 in they would come and get my car until I was able to bring my account current. I understand the economy is tough and the auto industry is having a tough time but for a consistant paying customer not to be given the opportunity to add 32.00 to the next weeks payment is a bit ridiculous to me! They didn't care that I recently got released from the hospital, I am currently not 100% well, the collector was very rude and disrespectful, and even though they have all of my contact information and have spoken to me directly they call my mom to ask her to contact me even though they have already spoken to me. I can't wait until this care is paid off so I won't have to deal with them any longer!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   notjustacarpenter +1 Votes
I can't believe Sunrays comment -thats like saying sorry your poor, get rich so you won't have to deal with that stuff, no shit ass, JDByrider is the scum of the earth and if for one second you dropped your guard thinking this company was going to help you, you'ld be just a s pissed. CNAC is the most un-respectful co. out there taking advantage of the references people give to buy a car and then harrassing them when someone is a day Late-A DAY LATE.and jdbyrider is the biggest scam going! 25%interestcars twice what there worth.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   JRthecarguy 0 Votes
its called second chance financing! your over 18 yrs old and adult you understand you signed a legal contract to pay back at the interest rate you signed for and there is no late payments. Yes that means one dollar late they can pick up the collateral of the loan if they fear the property the car is in danger. 95% customer satisfaction. you 5% are upset because someone showed you a blue book. If you have cash or have excellent credit you can go to a dealership and haggle price and show your blue book. By the way no one has mentioned the 2 year warranty! excuse me 2 year free warranty! the vehicles also get checked out and have an average of 1000 spent on them to keep them running in good shape for the 2 year warranty and after that half price labor fees and no extra add on on parts. 5.00 dollar oil changes. when you do not answer your phone or a message to return a call, the collectors have a legal right to call your references and leave a message for you. Pay your loan on time and answer your messages. When your credit improves go buy a new car and pay for 5 to 6 years at 6 to 10% interest. And enjoy a manufactures warranty!
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   CDUBS69 +1 Votes
JRthecarguy obviously works for either JDByrider, Russ Darrow, or CNAC. I've known people who have gone to JD Byrider and I can tell you, I haven't met one who was satisfied, much less 95%.

A person with bad credit is obviously subject to higher interest, but that does not mean people should be harrassed or treated badly. Also, dealers, or anyone, who takes advantage of people with poor credit and charges higher prices because they know they have a customer who has no other choice is simply without morals. You are right people with poor credit should pay more, but that additional cost should and does come through higher interest rates. Gouging customers simply because you can is simply wrong and greedy.

And before you listen to JRthecarguy about the "warranty" do an internet search and you'll find people who have found it impossible to get JDByrider to live up to their warranty.

And, I think there should be something that requires that the dealer disclose that the finance company and the dealer is actually owned by the same company. It seems a little fishy that they seem to hide the relationship between Russ Darrow, JDByrider, and CNAC.

My suggestion for you is this: rather than go to JDByrider where you know they will rip you off; go to some of the smaller independant used car dealers that offer in house financing and see if they can help you. You will find that many of them will take your downpayment and work with you to buy a car that you would have to pay twice as much to buy at JD Byrider. Personally, I won't even go to Russ Darrow dealerships for a new car (and I have credit that I can) because of their deceptive practices with JDByrider and CNAC.
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   hreinhold +1 Votes
I go through the same thing with CNAC. I bought a car through them, the 2nd week I had the car, the transmission went out! They wanted me to pay for a rental car, I just got the car!!! Then it took them 2 weeks to fix the car. Now I have been laid off of work and asked if they could change my payment dates so I could pay 4 days later than usual. They refuse! Now they call me and threaten me every time I am late. I can't help that I was laid off. I still pay every payment, just 4 days late. It is due on Saturday and I pay on Wednesday. They screamed at me on the phone and said there is no excuse to be late, and they don't care how I get the money, but they better recieve it or they will take my car. They cussed at me on the phone and everything! These people are assholes, who act like they are so much better than everyone else!
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Rl_very young +1 Votes
Hi, I bought a car from them 6 months ago and everything said is true! I've been to Jdbyrider shop more than 4 times, my car has stopped on me 3 times and Ive been with out my car for about a week and a half! They call my phone multiple times about the payment but I'm very nice and always pay on time or when I say I will. I'm a very patient person but I'm at my last straw and I'm tired! Their interest fees are too much! I pay $340 a Month and only $150 go fowards my balance! That's crazy! I learned my lesson and hope as soon as I pay this off my credit will be better! This was one of the first things on my credit..so I hope it will work! Please if u really need a car...save about 3, 000 and then go get a car! don't go to them!
 5th of Mar, 2011 by   Ration +1 Votes
I simply called JD Byrider for some info and said I would probably come out that weekend to see about getting a car. When I didn't show they started harrasing me over the phone, and a week later they called saying they were going to sue me for "Non purchase of property" and that calling was a verbal contract agreeing to buy a car. This is such bullshit, JD Byrider is the anti-christ.
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   Russ Darrow -1 Votes
We are very sorry to hear this please contact me at jre@russdarrow.com to allow me to assist in anyway possible. We value ALL OF OUR customers and will go above and beyond to help
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   PissedOffCamper +1 Votes
Oh dear, I wish I had done more research. I am now in an awful situation with CNAC from JD Byrider. My husband's job changed and so his direct deposit didn't go in as planned. I called to cancel and still made the payment, just used a prepaid visa since I am now 5 hours from the nearest branch of that bank and couldn't physically go put the money in it. Well, they told me they were able to stop the payment, then called the next day and said they were not. No big deal, it still got paid and they even refunded me back the money that over-drafted (my bank paid it anyhow but again couldn't put the money in it). So then when my next payment came due, I called to make sure it was being automatically withdrawn and informed them that the direct deposit was now in effect and there would be no issue. I was at this time told no, I didn't owe a payment that date that it was showing I was current. Their system still showed the double payment and not that they refunded me the money, of course neither of us were aware that that was what was being shown on their system, especially since I can't see it. So today I get a call saying I'm a payment late. Their system updated and showed that the payment due two weeks ago that I was told I did not owe was in fact owed. This is when we discovered the error in their system. So now they want me to make a payment and a half or double payment. Not possible, the whole point of their meticulous financial analysis is to see what one can afford, we are at the max of that and cannot in anyway overcompensate for the error. I am now waiting to find out what their solution is but am ready to take it and park it back on their lot. Because in addition to this, I've had it in for repairs twice, the second time was due to water POURING in the back near the dome light. Took it in for service and they fixed it, but damaged my whole rear panel that attaches to the hatchback door of my van and the cloth on my ceiling. Now my service engine light is on, so I stopped by the auto shop and had my codes read. I need a pressure celanoid for my transmission, new wheel bearings, an O2 sensor and there is an issue with the anti-theft system and they want me to drive it over 300 miles like that with 3 small children. They may be getting this piece of junk back and since my credit obviously wasn't stellar to begin with it can't do any more damage.
 23rd of Mar, 2012 by   likes2sing -1 Votes
I did by a car from JD Byrider, and it was an annoying 3 year car loan. Also I did pay a lot more for the vehicle than what the blue book value was. But despite all that, I was happy with them. The car lasted much longer than the loan, and didn't break down. Also although I might have missed a payment here or there, they never had a bad attitude, or were disrespectful, or threatened to take the car away. I probably never missed more than one payment, and generally I paid on time or early. As for the "smaller dealerships that do in house financing, " I think that's kind of a fantasy. If you're referring to a place like Capitol One Auto Credit or some other place, well they would probably be a lot like JD Byrider. If there are other dealers that had in house financing for people with poor credit, and didn't gouge the price on the car, you should mention their name. Otherwise its kind of like claiming you saw a unicorn.
 28th of Apr, 2012 by   gales 0 Votes
I just recently got a car from Jr byrider and I've had to take my car to the shop 5 times already. I only had the car 3 months!! I hate that I got a car from there I have to take my car in again but my appointment is 2 weeks away!! Like seriously...I have to get back and forth to work so now I have to rent a car at my own cost I know I only had the car a short while but can I refinance some where else?!? CNAC sucks as well they threatened to come take my car for being 1 day late and they were rude..
after this is done never again will I go through them
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   THE PIMPTRESS 0 Votes
WOW I JUST GOT A PRE APPROVAL FROM RUSS DARROW AND I DON'T HAVE GREAT CREDIT, BUT IF THEY TRY TO REDIRECT ME TO JD BYRIDER, OR THE OTHER PLACE IM GOING RIGHT OUT THE DOOR. ALL THESE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER BUT THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME BAD OUT COME. SO THAT MEANS SOMEONE IS TELLING THE TRUTH?
 2nd of Aug, 2012 by   apps44cal 0 Votes
I guess you're saying that because my husband was away serving the country in Afghanistan and I was naive about buying my first car alone that I deserved to get ripped off by JD Byrider?

obviously because not everyone who goes to JD Byriders does it because they have horrible credit and don't work and sit on their butts all day eating bon bons. But no, actually I was able to refinance for 10% interest from Navy Federal Credit Union opposed to JD Byrider's 21%.
Unfortunately I was young and stupid and knew nothing about interest and that a 2005 Chrysler Sebring did not cost $18000 (with interest.) That's highway robbery I don't care who you are or how great your credit is.
The only blame we have is on ourselves for being eager to get a car and stupid for not actually listening to the facts and the contract because they know they're going to walk away with their car when it's over. So to a certain extent the consumers are to blame, but nobody can deny these sub-prime mortgage lenders are doing absolutely nothing to repair anyone's credit!
You go into it knowing you're going to rip us off, and we go in there knowing we're getting ripped off (usually afterwards!)
However that doesn't make it ethical. These people have bad credit history, so you give them a huge payment to make not once a month but every two weeks? You already know they're not going to be on time every time! All companies have at least a day or two of a grace period. You just want them to hurry up and default already so you can further ruin their credit and auction off the car and sell it some other unsuspecting soul. Sick.
And the sickest part is we're allowing it to happen. We all need to be responsible and look out for ourselves these days.
You look around at places like this and wonder what happened to integrity.
If they wanted to help people with bad credit they wouldn't be selling them cars for double what they're worth with interest. That's not HELPING. If you want to help, be fair. Or call it what it really is.
 27th of Jun, 2013 by   fradtic 0 Votes
I purchased a car in may 2012 i have never been late on any payment the car was in a no fault accident I did not take the car at a total loss insurance cut me a check i had to get a new car if i payed cnac i would have not be able to make back in forth to work long story short i call cnac to have them take the car back as i can not make payments on the car, the car was a grand am 04 with 107 thousand miles on the car they are charging me 12958 for this vehicle the Kelly blue book is under 4500 so since i did not send them the check from the insurance they are charging me the full balance ??? if i still make lower payment then what we agreed on due at signing I'm thinking give a 100 dollars a month can they still sue me
 22nd of Aug, 2013 by   ThatJenGirl 0 Votes
I am just going to put this in a nutshell...I had the SAME problem with JD Byrider! If I could take it all back I would! I signed a three-year contract in which my vehicle would be paid off...WRONG. It went over three years - and I was paying more than the payment each month. I was stuck with $330/month car payments - RIDICULOUS. I got a 2003 Dodge Status. The original buying price was just under $10, 000 - by the time I was done paying it off, I was looking at $16, 000+. The car worked driving it off the lot, but the next day it stalled in the middle of the busiest road in Appleton. I've had nothing but problems with the car. Of course, Lemon Law does not apply to the vehicle! To date, we have invested over $9, 000+ in repairs. Every 3 months like clock work, the Idle Positioning Censor goes out. I would rather WALK everywhere than go to JD Byrider again. I got so sick of them I refinanced though my bank. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DO IT! You don't have to deal with CNAC or JD ever, ever again. JD was pissed when I refinanced because they lose interest. My bank interest was only a couple dollars per time...not bad at all!

My biggest advice to all who have been suckered into this company...REFINANCE THROUGH YOUR BANK ASAP! For those who are looking to buy a car - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!
 1st of Oct, 2013 by   GAgirlie 0 Votes
I've never had an issue with JD Byrider or CNAC...I actually enjoyed working with them. But then again, I pay my bill on time, every time.
 2nd of Dec, 2013 by   bebie 0 Votes
I never dealt with JD or CNAC but what I can tell you is that the whole Russ Darrow Group is a crock of crap. They don't care about you or your situation...ALL they want is your MONEY! I live in MIchigan and was interested in a car on their website and so we met in Green Bay (the dealer was near Milwaukee) and I left with the car. It desperately needed an alignment which they denied, of course. Many hours spent on the phone or leaving messages for these people who do NOT call you back. Specifically their used care sales manager Gary, who was also a jerk, avoided any call I made to him for almost three days until he had the service manager call me and explain to me why he didn't think it needed an alignment from six hours away. This is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad company, just don't buy anything from them or any dealer associated with them!

America's Worst Scams