logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Lambert And Lambert
Lambert and Lamber is fake and not who they say they are
2. (50 mins ago)

Rush my Passport Contacts & Informations

Rush my Passport

Posted:    Jean

Credit Card Charged and No Passport

I googled to renew my passport on line. I went to Rush My Passport and everything looked legitimate and the fees reasonable so I proceeded with my passport renewal. I followed all the prompts, provided credit card information and then I was sent to the final step to download the pdf forms and to provide authorization to the company to expedite my passport processing. No such authorization was provided, but my credit card was charged $159.99, higher fees than indicated on their website. I made a dozen phone calls and close to dozen emails concerning my charges without a finalized application for the passport renewal. I was provided with a runaway and a refund form. By the time they finally got back with me regarding the refund, it was past their refund policy!!! No refund was provided and no passport was renewed!! I wish that I had done more research on this company prior to proceeding, but I never authorized them to process my application and to charge my card, but they did anyhow. This is a total SCAM!!! Do not use Rush My Passport!!! Go directly through the State Department, plus it is less costly
Comments United States Passport Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Mar, 2009 by   Abby H. 0 Votes
I have been reading posts about problems with this company's refund policy. I think the bottom line is to know, that when you give a company your credit card information, that you will be charged for something. I had a GREAT experience with rushmypassport.com recently. I signed up for the 5-7 day service. Once you enter your credit card information and pay for the rush service that suits your neeeds (2-3 day rush, 5-7 day rush, etc.), they set up an appointment for you with a passport agency. I think this is why it is so hard to get money refunded after a certain date.

After my credit card was charged, I received very detailed and informative email instructions regarding EVERY step of the process for me. There were 6 steps for me as I needed to renew my passport FAST.

I was immediately assigned an account specialist who would be my contact person whenever I needed. My specialist responded to me within hours, sometimes even minutes, when I had questions.

You'll need to be comfortable using a computer and downloading and printing documents if you use this service. Also, once you sign up for the service, be ready to act FAST. You should already have everything you need to get your passport lined up ahead of time. They will send you a link to download a checklist, a permission form, AND your FedEx labels! It is really convenient. I ordered the sercvice on a Monday. Had my materials to FedEx on Tuesday and they had received my old passport by Wed. a.m! I received an email stating that my passport was being processed. I was a little worried after two days went by and I had heard nothing. My account specialist kept assuring me that I had signed up for a 5-7 day rush, and the passport processing center knew exactly when my travel dates were, not to worry.

So, I got my passport 8 business days after signing up for the service. But it realy did only take them 5 business days (do NOT count the weekend!) from when they received my old passport in the mail to have a new one delivered to my door. It was amazing.

I DO recommend this company if you KNOW full well what you are getting into from the beginning.

If you are comfortable
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   dan mc cabe 0 Votes
I was very naive about the process. I only needed the passport number to authenicate my passage into Canada. After I had started the process, I had to actually call them. I had given them my itenerary and they knew that I was not leaving until 4 months after I had contacted them. A woman told me over the phone to process a false date of arrival and proceed from there. As a previous e-mailer has suggested, do not use this company unless you have all your ducks in a row. Even then, they seem more concerned about taking your money than your satisfaction. Must be a West Palm Beach thing, .
 29th of May, 2009 by   Beware of Thieves! 0 Votes
I had a similar experience with this DISHONEST COMPANY!! I am glad Abby had a good experience, but is it worth it to trust a company with your SS#, driver's license #, and all your personal info when that company has shown themselves to be dishonest in its transactions?

My experience was that I placed an order for expedited passport service with rushmypassport.com before doing much research (my mistake). Several hours after making the purchase, I read reviews of the website which made me question the reliability and integrity of the organization. I did not trust them to provide my passport on time, nor to keep my personal information secure and confidential. I decided to cancel and obtain a refund, per the Terms and Conditions on the Website: "If you cancel within 24 hours of placing your order, you may request a refund of your purchase subject to the $50.00 processing fee which is non-refundable. If you cancel anytime thereafter, you will be held responsible for the full amount of your expediting fee because your order requires us to reserve limited capacity on your behalf." (http://www.rushmypassport.com/termsandconditions.html)

The following morning (well within 24 hours), I contacted the company via email, live chat, and ultimately phone to communicate that I wished to cancel my service. The service rep obviously was instructed to issue no refunds under any circumstances, regardless of what their terms and conditions state. She claimed they already made an appointment for me, so it was too late. Well, I explained that the terms and conditions say nothing about this, and that I happen to know that the appointments are free to make and to cancel. She still said she couldn't do anything for me. I asked if there was anyone with any integrity in the office that I could talk to. She said no. I have disputed the charge with my credit card and filed complaints with the BBB and FTC.

I made an appointment with the Passport Agency myself, spent 1.5 hours there, but received my passport two days before my travel date, which they are very good about! Do not use rushmypassport, even if you can't make it to an agency yourself! Research and find one of the competitors that may be more honest!
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   RippedOff _2 0 Votes
I completely agree. This company is a sham, the lady named Patricia Blaze (or Blase) actually hung up the phone on me and wouldn't even allow me to make my case for a refund. They'll try to tell you all sorts of lies, that it cost money to make appointments, and that it costs money to print FedEx shipping labels (neither of which are true). Best advice is to open up a case with the BBB and open a dispute with your credit card. They've had so many complaints against them, that my credit card company new them by name.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   Popurri 0 Votes
DO NOT USE RUSHMYPASSPORT EVEER!!! they are the worst company i ve ever seen, they are dishonest and do not comply with their refund policy, they even made someone create a website about them, If you need your passport expedited go to other companies more reliable than them . They are cheap as f.., the website I m telling you about is www.passportscams.com check it out
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   margeincharge 0 Votes
They are a terrible company. We are dealing with them right now and have paid them $600 and have not received any passport or even phone call as to why. We will most likely be pursuiing legal action against this company, as they refuse to rectify the situation, process a refund for us, or fulfill any duties as per our contract.

We have missed our flights, and have already paid almost $9, 000 for hotel arrangements that have gone unused, not to mention the amount of time, energy, and wasted business time that has gone into trying to fix this whole ordeal. This has been a terrible, terrible experience and I hope that they are shut down.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   3boysandme 0 Votes
Total Disaster of a Company:

I too had a terrible experience with this company. I currently have filed a complaint with the BBB and a dispute claim with my credit card company.
I was enroute to Mexico on a Friday morning from SLC with a layover in Phoenix and lost my credit card. I fortunately have a sister-in-law attorney that picked me up and helped me out. We found Rushmypassport.com online and decided to go with it. They claim "same day service" which rarely occurs. They could guarantee me a new passport the following Wed. My vacation would have been total of 2 days. I was distraught and it took me three calls to the agent, Barbara Gilroy, asking questions before I decided to go for it. She was so annoyed with me but I had missed my flight for a vacation 2 years in the making..give me a break.

Anyway, she said she'd FEDEX overnight some labels and other forms for me. I should receive them Sat. AFter hanging up the phone with her on Friday, I found a brand new (three week old) passport agency in Tucson (Western Passport Agency). I got an appt. first thing Monday morning and would leave within hours with a new passport. IT was a life saver. I called Barbara's direct line Friday within minutes of hanging up with her and finding this new agency. I didn't get a live person so I left a detailed message telling her to cancel my order. THen Sat arrived and the FEDEX did NOT. I emailed her again, telling her to cancel my order.

I got home from my vacation to see a charge of $359 for the services the didn't render! I filed a dispute with AMEX and weeks later got a letter from them saying the case was closed and I had to pay it. They never asked for my email documentation of my cancellation or anything. I had AMEX reopen their claim and contacted the BBB. I then found his website which I faxed to AMEX. Patricia Blaise sent a form letter to AMEX telling them that I am refusing to pay for the passport they expedited for me when in fact, they never did anything for me, inlcuding never sent the initial FEDEX.

It is a total sham. My suggestion is to find the nearest passport agency and go through the government. I can't believe this business still exists b/c it is completely ridiculous and their customer service is the worst I have exprerienced.

I hope the BBB shuts them down soon, but to all you desperate travelers out there...find a better option!
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   LBE 0 Votes
I agree with all statements that have been posted to this sight. I too was ripped off by rush my passport. I had been dealing with them for about six months trying to obtain a passport. However, my specialist RJ always kept in contact with me via e-mail or by phone; until one day I called for him and a person by the name of Stephanie said she would connect me to him. Then the phone went dead as if someone had hung up on me on purpose. So I waited a little while and call RJ direct line and that is when I heard the bullshit lie that RJ had the say. I caught him of guard and he was a little upset with me and I could tell. The next day I typed a letter requesting for all my documents to be return to me ASAP and sent it to rush my passport directly and e-mailed RJ. Once RJ received that e-mail he called me trying to explain the process as if I had a comprehension problem; but little did he know that I had sent the letter. Within two days I received all my documents with no passport. This is the reason why I am just now posting this message; because I wanted to make sure I had my information in hand before I started posting this complaint about this awful company. I am a little upset but I am glad that I received all my important information back. I will try again to obtain a passport but it will not be with Rush my passport. People please do not use Rush my passport...

LB. from TN
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   eener 0 Votes
Abby obviously is literate and competent and was aware of her surroundings. As you can see the people who disagree with her are obviously not capable of thoroughly reading anything.

For instance, "LBE" says she agrees with everything said on this site, even though the post she is commenting on is disagreeing with the complainers. Notice how she never says what the "bullshit lie" was. According to her own words her contact kept in contact with here until some mysterious disconnected phone call revealed some evil plot against her. She also says clearly that the documents were submitted to the state department (or they would not need a letter to send them back). So they did their job and she probably owed back taxes, child support or had criminal court date pending or something.

"KI", on the other hand, seems to be intuitive enough to read the instructions and realize the card would be charged. Good for them, they probably got passport in plenty of time for trip if they went forward.

If you read closely and understand psychology you will realize that far more people take the time to complain to third parties when they are wrong then those that praise a fast expediting company for coming through in a pinch because they were provided with a clean passport application package and a competent customer.

I bet that most people complaining were not even traveling in 14 days or less and didn't need the service, then they ignored the emails and phone calls thinking they were bill collectors or something. I have heard horror stories from reliable sources there about how amazingly annoying some of the customers are. Some of them have no idea how to print a PDF form but have no problem giving out their credit card information and expecting not to be charged.

I have heard of some customers who send in the wrong documents over and over after being told verbally and explained in writing the correct form to send. They will tell you they understand everything and then never send in the documents, or they mail them via the post office and ignore the shipping label and instructions. I have worked in many industries and have never heard so many stories about repeated mistakes, wrong numbers, refusal to follow the refund instructions, etc.

All we can do is try to avoid mating with these people so their genes are not passed on to future generations. If not, this country will fail in a few generations from incompetence and ignorance.

God save us please
 5th of May, 2010 by   ohmygoodness 0 Votes
Its obvious "eener" has either completely lost his mind or works for the company. I can stand when people come on and pretend to be customers, when they are actually reps for the company the board is discussing.

Do the normal, NON-SNAKE-LIKE thing and explain who you are and represent yourself as so.

This company is the worst, and customer service has to be the worst I've ever seen!!
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   FBDavid 0 Votes
I work for a passport acceptance facility and was made aware of this website (rushmypassport.com) by one of the customers who came in. While I have not used this service I can guarantee there is some questionable business practices going on. Nowhere on the site do they direct customers to the actual State Department website. I notice they have lifted only selected sections of information from the U.S. State Department's website, but have omitted some vital information. The State Department actually has a time-line and suggested courses of action: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html The fact that this is not mentioned at all is alarming. You should always discuss your options with a official Passport Acceptance Facility.
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   Juan_2011 0 Votes
POOR SERVICE!!! I had to travel in one week and I decided to use the service of RushMyPassport to expedite the passport process. On Monday morning all the documents had arrived via Fedex to the carrier and my flight was on Friday night. I was using the “Priority Service” (to get the passport in 3-4 days for 248$) and I was told by my agent that Thursday or Friday morning I would have my passport. On Thursday at 5.00 PM I received an email saying that the passport is ready and will be delivered to me on Friday morning via Fedex. Relieved, I decide to go out to enjoy my last hours in DC. When I go back home the situation has changed dramatically. There is a message in my phone from the agent: “Bad news-says- your application has been cancelled. They do not have your authorization letter and Fedex could not pick up your passport……Try to send a new letter and we will see what we can do…….but delivery could be Saturday morning…..or try to go to the Passport Office by yourself and get the passport”

I was shocked. Is this the message that you expect when you have paid 248 dollars to do something? Is not your job to expedite the process and solve problems? You did not notice the problem with the authorization letter when you reviewed the documentation? Is possible to be less accountable in your job?

When I heared the message at 7.30 PM, of course, the agent was not reachable and the Fedex offices –to send a new letter- did not accept drop-offs for the following day. On Friday morning, the agent is still out of the office at 9.15 AM and I decided to show up in the Passport Office and try to get the passport by myself. After several hours discussing with the supervisor (“If you have hired a carrier, what are you doing here?” –he asked- “You are right. But they are useless and I do not want to miss my flight…”) and waiting I could finally get my passport and travel. When I wrote to my agent he did not assume any responsibility and refused to refund the charges related to the Fedex shipping of the passport (included in the final price but that never happened!!!)

Is this the number #1 expediting company according to the Wall Street Journal ???? For me this is a very poor unreliable service that does not guarantee at all to get your passport on time
 5th of May, 2011 by   E. H. 0 Votes
NOT A SCAM. Read and pay attention, follow everything to the T and you will be completely thrilled that they get you your passport in 7 day.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Marc_S 0 Votes
We had a very bad experience with http://RushMyPassport.com!! We started the process to get a passport for my son in DECEMBER 2010, as he lost his passort and needed a new one in a hurry. We were told that we had 72 hours to determine if we wanted to proceed with the rush process and then they would put the request on the MANIFEST LIST and then there would be no refund. Well, we responded within 24 hours that we DID NOT want the request processed, as we could get the passport through our U.S. Senator for half the cost. We were then told that it had been placed on the MANIFEST LIST already and that there would be no refund.
I have been trying to have them reconsider their position snce December -- now over 5 1/2 months -- as we were mislead in what we were told. But the person that I spoke with wasn't really listening -- she was in the Acounting Department and was not about to give a refund. I have been hitting my head against a brick wall to get them to re-consider. ALL they will say is that once it gets on their Manifest List then it gets processed and there will be no refund. We were mislead and feel like we just got caught up in their process.
My recommndation is to go to your U.S Senator's office and request asssistance. They are glad to help. This was a rip--off -- what a racket that they operate. Would not recommend them to anyone -- we would tell others to stay away!!!
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   D.J. Johnson 0 Votes
Worst company ever. Totally scams you when you sign up, there are STILL FEES. I called them out on this and got a very cunty reply from them. What a joke this company is.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   Marysaben 0 Votes
I too had a similar NEGATIVE experience with Rushmypasseport and believe that the company is A REAL SCAM TO GET MONEY from misinformed and trusting customers, even though the company presents itself as being legitimate and the best !
I placed a request on line to renew my passeport,
providing credit card information and telephone number BUT I did not conclude the request because, in the meantime, my travel plans were changed and I had plenty of time to renew my passeport through the passeport bureau . Rushmypasseport did not get an approval from me to pursue my transaction and they did not, but even then they charged me 239 dollars for the contact and doing nothing !!! I did call them and the SAME GUY who seems to do everything promised that I would be reimbursed but after a few weeks he sent me an email to inform me that "upon review of my transaction (?)" they would not give me any money back !
I urge people with similar experience to write letters to the Better Business Bureau of their area. I believe that Rushmypasseport is acting fraudulently using our credit card information without our consent and I urge people to be aware of that fact. I recommand that they do not give their credit card information until they are 100% sure of their travel plans and until they have spoken to someone at the company to finalize everything before they do.
marysa
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   gotten but not beaten 0 Votes
For those who wish to pursue their complaint with RushMypasseport.com or through their BBB office
the real name of RMP.com is
Expedited Travel LLC
412 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL and the
Tel N° is 866-26161277
 27th of Dec, 2011 by   Tina T. 0 Votes
I also had a negative experience. I accidentally told them I needed to renew my passport when in fact I had lost it and needed a new one. While this mistake was mine, I did tell them the correction on the phone the very next day. However, even though they were made aware of the updated information, they still sent me the wrong package and wrong set of instructions. By the time that a representative caught the mistake, it was too late to get a passport. (They offered to charge me for next day service but couldn't guarantee that I would actually get the passport on time). I declined and didn't get my passport from them. I think as a reputable company, the bottom line is that if I do not get the product or service, then I shouldn't be charged. The refund policy, I agree, is a scam. It is so hard to find refund information on their site, and the representatives on the phone are purposely vague. I'm still fighting for a refund, but they are giving me the runaround.

I do agree that this is a good company if you know exactly what you need. However, with things that people only apply for once every 10 years, they should expect that many consumers aren't sure exactly what they need. My opinion is that there should be more of a margin for error on the consumer part, or they should be more willing to give refunds.
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Stephen1966 0 Votes
I had no problem with Rush My Passport . I paid my money and followed the steps e-mailed to me talked to my case worker Tosha and she helped me with every step. I got my passport with in 7 days and was very happy with the service.
Stephen
 14th of Jan, 2014 by   Dendo 0 Votes
FBDavid is wrong about the link to the US State Department. Yes there are links and that is one of them. That is the connection to associate the expediter to the government. You fill in the DS-82 from the State Dept, download the resulting pdf with barcodes, print it and overnight ship to 'rushmypassport'.
Sure, none of this is cheap, but it isn't hidden information either. They were helpful and businesslike (seemed to want to move things along quickly. Not rude about it, but it is an EXPEDITING SERVICE).

Taxes 2011 - Free Help