logo

Posted: 2011-05-07 by    SilentBob

Scam

Rudefinder.com
United Kingdom
Rudefinder.com appears to be a scam website, according to the following links:

1/ http://rudefinders.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/rudefinder-com-scam/
2/ http://whoscammedyou.com/scams/2810/Rudefinder.com
3/ http://bewareoffalseadvertising.blogspot.com/

Many believe it's part of a much larger network of sister sites which try and get you to subscribe for a "free trial" but then charge you for a year's subscription. Once the cash has been charged to your credit card, it will be impossible to get it refunded.
It is also suspected that the members' pictures shown on the website are of models, but the people writing the messages for those members work for Rudefinder.com and don't exist in the locations they claim.
Comments United Kingdom Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2011 by   towercam 0 Votes
READ MY WORDS - Rudefinder IS a SCAM! If they contact you of if you respond to an ad, you're in trouble. It's a major rip off. They use pictures of pretty young women and they (guys, jerks, etc) write suggestive statements and questions as if the young woman is communicating. It's a major rip off. Run away! I know this from experience. It's a crappy, dirty rip off, as in SCAM.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   towercam 0 Votes
I have received confirmation that my one month membership will not be renewed, but of course those are just words. Soon, I will speak to my credit/debit card company and alert them to the situation. The people behind RudeFinder.com are, simply, criminals, stealing from those looking for companionship.
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   sictek 0 Votes
What is even more hillarious is that it is impossible to create an account as a female searching for men
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   sictek 0 Votes
Here is an excerpt from the sites Terms and Conditions

Once a subscription has been created the member is a paid subscriber to JDI Dating and the payment made secures the subscription for the specified term. Once created this subscription cannot be amended or terminated.

Cannot be terminated? Are you serious? And of course when initially signing up for the subscription there is a disclaimer telling you that canceling the charge will result in the company filing a report of some sort, as if to scare you into submission. Cancel the charge! This site is illegal and cannot possibly hope to present a valid case for retrieving a subscription fee.
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Qld. Aus. 0 Votes
I totally agree wit all of the above statements. All the people on this are false, and to me the site is just a rip of. Qld AUS.
 16th of Jul, 2011 by   Mat A Hawk 0 Votes
Yes a ripoff. It is a European site, with inaccurate profiles. If they were smart, they would know that people in small towns in America don't spell favorite with a U in it, and 23 year old aren't divorced with kids that have moved out already.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   mcdonarb5 0 Votes
I'm older and a gay man and have found that the interest in the beginning was great and was told I needed to join to get all the mail I was accumulating. If I replied all I got were one line sentences which felt like I was being bated. Hardly ever did I get any further correspondance or interest from that person. The questions asked by the other members seemed leading and dead ended in the bottom line they are cruel and misleading. I suspected auto generated replies.
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   Hypershot 0 Votes

Use this to cancel your account. Spread the word!
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   gregwillett 0 Votes
i would like to cancel my account
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   gregwillett -1 Votes
don, t have any complaint found what i was looking for
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   gregwillett -1 Votes
i have no complaints
 13th of Aug, 2011 by   cancel 0 Votes
i would like to cancel my account the link they suggest doesnt work anybody help
 14th of Aug, 2011 by   Rigo Jovan 0 Votes
i want to cancel my account
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   William J Thompson 0 Votes
I request that my membership is cancelled--now. I made a mistake allowing myself to be wooed into the site. It just does not work for me and costs far too much--and the sub is automatically rolled over. That is very bad news. A customer should be advised that a sub. is near due for renewal and given the option of a yes or no answer.
 11th of Sep, 2011 by   coyote1953 +1 Votes
I joined ths site for the same reasons as all others, what a big mistake!!!
I cant get my money refunded and no one at this place can give you a straght answer.STAY AWAY.
 11th of Sep, 2011 by   towercam 0 Votes
I'll celebrate on learning of the crooks behind RudeFinder being fined, imprisoned, etc.
 9th of May, 2012 by   ericruss 0 Votes
I been recently using rudefinder to email some women whats weird is that the ones that email back want to know more about me thats fine the promblem is that it no more emails from these women no follow up emails after I tell a little about myself. It getting to be bullshit it's like these are not real women at the other end
 9th of May, 2012 by   towercam 0 Votes
ericruss, wake up and read the earlier comments. It's a SCAM. If you don't know what a SCAM is, look it up.
RUDEFINDER IS A DIRTY SCAM.
 17th of May, 2012 by   jhgjhj 0 Votes
Yup agree, utter scam. I just signed up and within minutes had messages & visits that I couldn't reply to unless I agreed to their subscription.
I also had a 'live chat' with a sales agent who just churned out multiple links to the premium member package which I again refused, wanting to find out what the free subscription gives me 1st. Within an hour I received an email from them for 1/2 price off a 6 month subscription. Great deal, but I by that time was annoyed at the ads & went to delete my account.
Amusingly that gives you staged reductions in price before your account is fully deleted. The final one being $9 for a lifetime membership. Really? That much of a discount screams scam. Delete, do not sign up. Use a more reputable place like Badoo or Facebook.
 17th of May, 2012 by   towercam 0 Votes
It's been more than a year now, since I stepped in the stinking garbage that is rudefinder.com.
I don't recall how long I went along, responding to friendly messages supposedly from various women.
I think I went along with the con for at least two weeks before it dawned on me that it was all shit.

In Googling 'rudefinder in court' I see many entries. I hope to hear of rudefinder.com's principles paying major fines and declaring bankruptcy.
Yes, that they fraudulently obtain money from one, is bad. That they would lie and lie and lie to person after person after person shows a very cold cruel operation. I hope great sorrow comes to the people behind rudefinder.com.

How to Leave Your Car Lease Early