logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Weiss Comestic & Laser Procedures Blepharoplasty
Terrible/Horrible Asymmetry eyelids surgery (blepharoplasty)
2. (1 mins ago)

RTA Cabinet Store

Posted:    Krysten

Lies

RTA Cabinet Store
RTACabinetStore.com has their white bathroom vanities listed as "solid wood frame". My vanity arrived broken exposing it as particle board, which is not what I had ordered. I requested a refund which I was told by customer service rep, Jonelle, I would be recieving. However, Gary Nealon, the manager has denied my refund request and is requesting my pay to ship back the item at my cost. I should not have to pay to ship back something I did not order. I did not order the particle board vanity I recieved, I ordered a "solid wood" vanity. I request a full refund and RTA to pay for the item to be shipped back if they want it.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jan, 2011 by   FreddyFender +1 Votes
Sounds like a common mistake that can be made with some RTA products. The kitchen cabinets that I bought were solid wood and NO PARTICLE board. Hopefully you get a refund, but I would not hold it against this company, I received a very good product.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   MarkWilson +2 Votes
I have bought from RTACabinetStore.com 3 times now and have had nothing but fast.efficient, and actually very friendly service. I am a contractor who uses them from time to time (and I always recommend them to anyone looking at new cabinets/bathroom vanities) throughout the year(s) and never have had a problem. Even when I recieved a damaged cabinet one time out of the 100+ individual cabinets I've ordered from them over the years; they sent me a UPS label ( free of charge ... ) in the mail and all I had to do was slap it on my damaged cabinet and send it back; I got my new cabinet within days of sending my return back to them.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   FreddyFender +2 Votes
Easy with that comment. A lot of times, these cabinets are wood paneled sides and solid wood fronts, but once in awhile a "bad batch" will arrive from China. I would get your money back and not worry about it too much... I bought their kitchen cabinets and they are the real deal.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   MarkWilson +2 Votes
I forgot to add... ALL of their cabinets are made from REAL-wood. Not particle board like "Krysten" has mentioned... I'm not sure what she's referring too or if she just isnt familiar with materials but I have bought a set of white bathroom vanities from them to install about 6 months ago and they were both 100% real-wood from the faceframe to the back of the cabinet.
 9th of May, 2011 by   sparky30084 +2 Votes
They can get away with saying "real" wood because technically partical board is real wood, just not a solid wood board like "real" wood leads you to believe. So if it ever came up in court they would be okay. It's kind of a buyer beware thing that most companies use in their marketing. Most marketing is misleading and they depend on the consumer not knowing this. Unfortunately, most consumers believe the good in companies and get mislead.
 16th of May, 2011 by   pulseps +1 Votes
i ordered sample for kitchen cabinet. however its totally different from what they showed on lcd monitor screen. i lost my $20 bcoz i dont like color of sample. batter to go locally, i thought. and founded lot cheaper store for same dam product called Sienna Rope. RTA estimated $4200 with shipping and they just $3450 + tax. well i lived in same state where showroom are so, i have to pay taxes. still i got 800 cheaper price.
 16th of May, 2011 by   The Rickster -1 Votes
pulseps i am confused by your comment. So you dont like rta and bought from some one local and paid the same amount plus tax?? Your comment makes no sense to me. Who should you what on lcd monitor? I agree you must order sample to really see if you can live with your purchase. I live in NJ and drove to the showroom and for a company that has a great webpage their showroom has a lot to be desired. What i took from the visit was they will give or send you door fronts for 20 dollars. They have three models that are nicer than the rest of their cabinets. Tuscany/brandywine and I think the mocha all have the dovetail in the drawer standard.
 24th of May, 2011 by   sparky30084 0 Votes
I received my bathroom vanities - finally. They were made in China as the original post states, but they are quite nice. Much nicer than the Home Depot or Lowes and better price for 21" depth. I only got the white ones because I don't need anything really nice. The fronts of mine are solid wood and the rest is made up of the thin pieces of wood pressed together. Not particle board. Don't know exactly what that is called. For the same price Home Depot and Lowes cabinets are 100% particle board with the fake overlay. I would order again, but would expect to wait quite a while. Don't plan on them coming quickly and don't try calling, e-mailing, or the online chat. They don't respond and they have no voice mail. My fiance is a licensed contractor who buys and remodels 100 year old homes from scratch and he was impressed by the quality for the price. I'm neutral because of the slow shipping and poor customer service, though.
 6th of Apr, 2012 by   Ponges 0 Votes
I ordered an entire kitchen full of cabinets from rtacabinetstore.com and the cabinets are beautiful. Unfortunately the company itself is another story. 5 of the cabinets arrived damaged in the box and trying to resolve the situation has been a nightmare. I filed the claim with them as they required & it's going on 5 weeks of fighting to get my calls returned. Matt, the claims manager, actually told me that they are a very small company with just a few employees running around trying to do everything so they're very busy (too busy to return calls?!?) & besides (I'm paraphrasing) you get what you pay for.
So this is why they have a better business bureau rating of C!
 12th of May, 2012 by   shay125 0 Votes
I just ordered from them and checked the BBB site. Their rating is actually A- as of today. I used the free design service and I was very pleased with that! I will inform everyone how my order goes...
 12th of May, 2012 by   Ponges 0 Votes
To Shay125 - not sure what you looked up to see a BBB.org rating for RTA Caninet Store as an A- because as of right THIS SECOND the rating is STILL a C.
 27th of Sep, 2012 by   JeffV44 0 Votes
I'm now a repeat customer, and you're not going to beat their quality for the price. Bottom line. I was hesitant, too, but the cabinets look fantastic. Solid Maple - EXACTLY like the photos of the finish. They assemble easily. I will say that a couple (this is out of 20+ cabinets mind you) of the cam lock hardware pieces were bent, and one was broken. They were easy enough to manipulate, and don't affect the structure - just a quick countersink and a screw. So, further, I got the full-extension, soft close drawer glides. This part of my first order wasn't included in the shipment (again, sizable order we're talking). Once I got a message to claims, Joanie called me back next morning and the brackets were on the way along with some free touch up stain. Think I covered most aspects of how they do business.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   PJBH 0 Votes
To shay125 and Ponges: I suspect you are talking about 2 different companies. Thertastore.com has the A rating with BBB, I didn't bother checking rtacabinetstore.com

2010 Year End Tax Tips