logo

slander

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Royal Elite Vacations, Enfield, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Timeshare Fraud

Royal Elite Vacations Contacts & Informations

Royal Elite Vacations

Posted:    johndschearer

Timeshare Fraud

Enfield, Connecticut
I was also a victim of Royal Elite Vacation’s scam and have been fighting them for months. In my battle, I talked to and emailed back and forth with REV’s customer service rep and sales rep, the sales rep was useless, always selling and telling me I couldn’t cancel, until in my desperate search for an out clause I happened upon my pink copy of the “Royal Elite Vacations Agreement & Enrollment Application”, which on the back page at the very bottom has the following text:

14) Right to Terminate: If at any time, you are dissatisfied with REV you may immediately terminate your REV membership by written notice to REV…

It was only when I referenced that line in the application to the sales rep and customer service rep via email with my demand to cancel my membership that the customer service team got the ball rolling. I escaped without a single monthly payment, and so have only lost my deposit, which I’m still battling to get back.

I thought this information may be helpful to all the others who are hearing that they’re in a contract and can’t get out…
Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2010 by   ksrkool 0 Votes
I am an owner at Sandos and VERY HAPPY I go their every year and have used extra weeks to trade to Hawaii...not sure why he is upset, and what program did he buy, I know they have many types of program...

Jack Mann
Miami, FL
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Doris Fazakas 0 Votes
My husband and I went to their timeshare meetingwith Royal Elite. The gentlemen that was suppose to give the consultation, did not make it and another man named Rocky filled his place and Scott DuPerow was our Sales Representative. He said, we were suppose to get a discount on cruises, motel discounts, dinning, airfare, car rentals and etc. We found out that we can find better discounts on our own through the internet especially the cruises. We were suppose to get a balcony for the same price as the inside room. We both heard that comment!! Rocky, made it sound so good about the cruising part that we bought the program for $2, 000. Little did I know, he was misleading us or should I say he lied!

We even got 4 (worthless) vouchers from Scott and he said, "We can sell them" and we will get our money back. So, we contacted the person he told us to call and that guy wanted $250.00 to put our voucher on a list to be sold. Little did we know at that time, they put our voucher somewhere that it was on the bottom of the list. We managed to get our money back but I am still not happy with the program. I feel that we were scamed $2, 000.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   suzyclaire 0 Votes
To johndschearer above:
Just like that they cancelled it when you pointed to that in the contract? I too am stuck and now I'm forced to make monthly payments or else get sent to collections. Will it work if i just point that out to them? What were the steps you went through? You just emailed/faxed them a letter? Did you threaten to take legal action?

Sorry with all the questions because I really want out of this. I'm hoping it IS as easy as sending them a letter pointing that out to the contract.
 8th of Apr, 2013 by   Rick297 0 Votes
We purchased a Royal Elite timeshare with Sandos Caracol for a studio unit. One year later when we attempted to book the unit we were sold, we were told that unit does not actually exist at that resort. We can go to the "Superior" room, or pay extra weeks to be upgraded, IF they can accomodate us at the time. They are deceitful. Beware!!! We are not the only ones, this is a forum with more angry Royal Elite Timeshare owners:

How To Move Your Money