logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
2. (4 mins ago)
OmanAir
refund
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ROSS-SIMONS, Cranston, Rhode Island Complaints & Reviews - avoid them!

ROSS-SIMONS Contacts & Informations

ROSS-SIMONS

Posted:    Frustrated buyer

avoid them!

Ross-Simons
Cranston, Rhode Island
What a fiasco! I ordered an 8" pearl bracelet in March. What arrived was a 7" bracelet in an 8" package. I called and was given a number, with instructions to put that number on the return package, which I was told to mail USPS, insured. I specifically asked if I should get a signature (registered mail) and was told that wasn't necessary. I mailed the package March 23, insured. Guess what? Four weeks later, "We have no record that your package has been received. If it had been our fault, we would have had UPS pick it up!" Ha! That's not what I was told. I followed their instructions to the letter, and look where am -- up a creek without a paddle. I will never order from them again. You shouldn't either.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More ROSS-SIMONS complaints
ROSS-SIMONS - Correctin erroneous charges

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009 by   Eangry 0 Votes
I certainly agree. I bought a ruby and vermeil (allegedly 18k gold over sterling silver) ring for my wife, and a few month later after a handful of wearings, the plating had worn off. Not only that, the so called "sterling" had started turning my wife's finger green. It looked like copper to me. I complained, detailing the trouble and questioning the quality of the ring. So far, all they have said is that if the ring was under warranty they would look at at and potentially repair and replace. My question is still about the quality of what they will send back. If the plating is paper thin and it isn't vermeil, then we still have a problem. I am waiting for their response, and then I will consider filing a complaint with my state's attorney general. You alll should take that course if you have problems like this.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   jamesisajeweler 0 Votes
Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i'm a "REAL" online jeweler.

I'd like for you to file a complaint with The Jeweler's Vigilance Committee For Consumers and i've posted their contact info below for you.

Website:

Phone:

Normal business hours are 9am to 5pm,
Monday through Friday (Eastern Time)
excluding National Holidays.

Telephone: (212) 997-2002
Fax: (212) 997-9148
 4th of May, 2009 by   Re Highland 0 Votes
When I chose this sapphire pave wedding band, I bought it with a credit card. Anything I buy from the internet is bought with a credit card. The power of Visa and Mastercard protects me from dubious behaviour from merchants. I make my living from the Internet. It is a practical tool to use when purchasing from a vendor.

I was very disappointed when the item arrived flawed. Certainly, I don't blame anyone. Things like this happen. When I called to tell the customer care service about this, the representative was most sympathetic, gave me an RA number and the item was picked up by UPS on Monday, toward the end of April, the 27th, I believe.

I am now being told that refunds will take two to three weeks from the date when the RA number was issued to me.

When I called and spoke to a customer care specialist, a haughty female voice told me 'that's the way it is'. Period. That you are very very busy with hundreds of thousands of orders that go out every day and each item returned has to be examined and that's why it takes so long. Her voice brooked no argument. I truly felt that to argue would have been futile, and I found out later that it was. I didn't take the time to ask her whether your shipping department is the same as your returns department. If that's the case, may I suggest you separate the two departments and hire more people.

I then requested a supervisor who did call me back in a timely manner.

I wish I had written her name down, for what she said floored me.

I was told by this person that, if I pay my credit card balance off every month, I won't have to worry about interest garnered. That this is Ross Simons' policy and that they can take up to 30 days to refund, that it's 'my bad' if I have a balance and it's my responsibility to pay my balances off on time.

1. it is none of any one's business how i handle my credit card or my purchases, especially if one takes into account, that, perhaps, Ross Simons is not the ONLY vendor with whom I deal, that PERHAPS, I ordered several items from other people.

2. it was ross simon who delivered a flawed ring. i did not return it because i wanted to. AND. there were no others in my size, so i didn't have much choice but to return the ring.

3. you have a 'no questions asked' return policy. I did not know my mother worked for this company when i sat on the phone receiving a stern lecture on how to handle my credit card company.

4. I hung up on her because she was rude AND haughty. When I asked if that really was her answer, that I was responsible for paying off my credit card balance every month, she said yes. When I asked if she stood by her answer, she said yes. She was rude. She sounded superiour and haughty. It's the best word I can think of for her tone.

Yet, I will pay the interest on this ring with my credit card. I can only conclude from both of my conversations, that, Ross Simons has cut a deal with Visa and Mastercard and you get a cut from every item. That, and you have so many returns, the only way you profit is by holding money for a month or so, to earn interest on the 'hundreds of thousands' of items you buy.

At any rate, I will not buy from you ever again and I will tell my friends. A copy of this letter will go to my newspaper and the list of 2300 other newspapers I know of, plus the blogs and all of the internet people I can find.

Oh. Did I forget to mention that I too own my own company? It's been around for 12 years. And, it's amazing how many friends one makes when one attends multiple trade shows per year.

The internet is not so large and the economy is not so good that you can afford to treat people this way.

Please learn how to refund in a more timely manner. At the very least, clean up your act with customer service. They are pure garbage.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   L.B.. 0 Votes
It bought a set of Wedge Wood plates. I received all in one big box but when I opened the box I was horrified. It looked like they were unpacked by somebody and repacked in aircaps. I wanted to make it a present so I carefully investigated each plates. Some of them were dirty. Half of their back was scratched and black. Again, the set was bone china... supposed to be white.

I called customer support and spoke with a lady called herself, Barbara. She told me it was her first time to receive this kind of complaints but she sure was very smooth about everything. She said someone from pick up department would have to call me back to schedule a pick up by Wed. which is today. I did not receive the call. I will call them back and see how I /they can resolve this problem. I might just have to force my credit card company to retrieve the money back from simon & ross. It's sad but the item was not cheap.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   iitadpoleii 0 Votes
I had been watching a 14k white gold and sapphire ring for many months, and as it gradually came down in price, and then placed on clearance in August 2012, I bought it. The ring arrived and the sapphire stones were badly marked, etched, and chipped. I contacted customer service and received a number to return the item, and get a replacement of the same ring. The next ring arrived, sapphires less marked, etched, and chipped, but nonetheless, still very visible. I called to receive a replacement. It's December 2012, and I just received a "Review Your Purchase of (Sterling Silver)...ring." WHAT?? I ordered and paid for a 14k white gold ring. I found my original order email from Ross-Simon which, also, states I ordered a 14k white gold ring. I called customer service and their representative stated it's not possible that I ordered a 14k white gold ring and she was looking at the order that shows just that. WELL! I then spoke to a supervisor who said the same as the first rep. I told her I have the email to prove it, and forwarded it to her. Let's see cshola@ross-simons.com how you can deny it now! She is going to call me back after she talks to the warehouse...
 11th of May, 2013 by   MeCo 0 Votes
I ordered a 14kt white gold diamond station necklace. It had arrived placed in a little felt Ross-Simons bag and when I pulled it out it was all tangled together. I was very angry at this being I spent 325.00 dollars and this is what I get. It took 15 minutes to untangle this necklace. When I did it looked very cheep and I couldn't even tell there were diamonds in this necklace. I was mortified, emailed customer service about this issue and will return this. Never, never again will I order from them. Sickens me to my stomach.
 1st of Jul, 2013 by   PennyRex 0 Votes
My mistake for making a purchase from this place. Not only were the items cheap looking but they stole my money to boot. I chose not to keep the junk they sent me (total of around $154.00), so returned the items. My return package was prepared by a family member so the suggested steps for return were not followed (registered with a signature confirmation). Naturally, this company denied ever receiving my return. All the legitimate companies I have ever dealt with online provide customers with a return label with all the tracking information for their customers; not so for this company. I believe this is one of their ways to get away with stealing customers money...if a return isn't registered with a return signature confirmation, how simple for them to deny they got the package and the money is theirs to keep. THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING...not only is the chance of the item being junk but make sure any return can be verified.
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   PennyRex 0 Votes
Update to my comment made on 1st of July 2013. I did receive a refund from the company. It seems that my refund was expedited after emailing customer service with my concerns. My initial distrust of a company as a 1st time customer may have been premature and I am willing to give them another chance at this point.
 13th of May, 2014 by   S-ANN 0 Votes
FRAUD - NOT 14 KARAT: I ordered a 14 Karat Gold Love Knot ring from Ross-Simons. Once received, I noticed the gold was very dark compared to the 14 karat jewelry I wear every day. I took the ring to my jeweler (who is also a gold buyer) and was told it was gold plated. The ring was stamped "CHINA" on the inside. I contacted Ross-Simons and was told "well I'm sorry you are not happy with it, but it is 14 karat gold." I told lady "this is FRAUD and someone needs to do something about it." BEWARE THIS COMPANY SELLS DIME STORE JEWELRY MADE IN CHINA CLAIMING IT IS 14 KARAT. Yes, the fake item can be returned, but what about the poor unsuspecting victims that pay a premium price and don't know they've been scammed? This is so wrong. SHAME ON YOU ROSS-SIMONS.
 26th of Jul, 2014 by   bambina 0 Votes
i've just found out their main site is in hong kong!

Tips to Radically Reduce Restaurant Checks