logo

2. (12 mins ago)
HireRight
Background check
3. (15 mins ago)
Education Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
Transcript Evaluation
4. (16 mins ago)
ASK NOW
STOLE MONEY
5. (21 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Rooms to Go Complaints & Reviews - Sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it

Rooms to Go Contacts & Informations

Rooms to Go

Posted:    Valerie

Sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it

Rooms to Go
www.roomstogo.com
Rooms to go sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it. When I called to complain about it, I was told that all mattress have bed bugs in it with the exception of foam mattress and I told the supervisor to put it in writing. But of course that was not about to happen. I bought the entire bed room set from them and they won't come and get this nasty mattress. I am forced to pay someone to remove this mattress and now sell the bed room set that I bought from them. I am groused out.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2008 by   paula 0 Votes
Please do not sell your infested furniture. It will only make the spread of bed bugs worse. It's a world wide problem right now andthe more they spread, the more likely you will get them again in the future. Can you imagine some family with children, just making budget going through an infestation? Bed bugs are not only found in furniture, but common public places at this point. (restaurants, doc offices, hospitals..) Going through an infestation is very difficult, has nothing to do with filth. If you can prove you recieved infested furniture, try and go about it legally. It takes time and I wish you luck. But PLEASE don't sell infested items.
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   Heather Needs 0 Votes
You definitely should not sell infested furniture to anyone! Then you could be held liable!

Go to BBB.com and file a complaint with the better business bureau. If I were you I would try to look for an attorney. Because if it's still in your house, and you own your home, you will just end up paying even more if they have traveled from the mattress.

Another question, was this the manager or the owner? Is there another store that is the same store that you could call to get info on how to submit a formal complaint and speak to someone higher up? Sorry, I don't know if this is a big company. But even with one other store, you might be able to call them and get info. I wouldn't even call, I would just go in there.

And if the jerk won't do something about it then you just need to find out what car he/she's driving and give them to him :) maybe then he'll understand. I am slightly kidding, but only slightly. That's a last resort.

ssppff! All mattresses have bed bugs? What country is he from?
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Tracker 0 Votes
I bought a mattress from them last year and started getting bitten by something. I thought that it was fleas from my cat that had all of a sudden had gotten fleas, who, by the way, has never been outside! When it got cold outside the biting went away. As soon as it warmed up, the biting started again. I just realized that it could be bed bugs from the new mattress and I'm freaking out! I've never had bed bugs until they brought that new mattress and box springs in! Now what?
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   ChristineA 0 Votes
I just bought a mattress set from Sears, and was eaten alive by bed bugs. I called them to come and get it, but they refused to do so for several days. I called Orkin pest control who told me to get the mattress set out of the house immediately. After several hours of frustrating attempts to get a clearance from Sears to move the bedbug infeasted thing to the front porch, I was literally itching all over my body. My foot was swollen from bites. Most frightening experience of my life. Now, my house is infested, and all Sears has offered is $80 to cover spraying. That amount wouldn't cover the cost to spray even a closet. Orkin said it will cost in the thousands to deal with the issue. After hours of trying to get in touch with the legal claims department at Sears to file a claim, I have decided that I need to call our attorney. Sears delivery manager won't return my calls. I had to ask one woman 10 times to put me through to her supervisor, who didn't listen to anything I told her about the bedbugs infestation. After I finished, she said, "So your problem is a sagging mattress." I told her that she didn't listen to anything I said. Then, I asked for her manager, who quickly offered me $80 for pest control (What a joke!), a full refund, and NO immediate removal of the mattress. I finally got ahold of a woman who said their warehouse was giving me the okay to remove the infested thing from our home. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in settling this situation. DON'T BUY MATTRESSES FROM SEARS!
 4th of Jan, 2013 by   higher1 0 Votes
I purchased a mattress from rooms to go in 2010 and ran into the same issues. Each time I got in the bed I was eaten alive. At first I was unsure what was happening so I left the house in the middle of the night to go to the emergency room. My legs were red and swollen so I though that maybe I had an allergic reaction. I noticed that as I sat waiting in the ER that the redness and itching had subsided so I decline treatment and returned home. When I returned to the bed, I had the same issue so I decided to sleep in the spare room (no problems there). The next day I contacted Rooms to Go (local office) and they told me that was not possible; I had bed bugs before the furniture was delivered. After arguing with the Manager, he sent someone out to look at the mattress. The young man that came out clearly saw the bed bugs in the mattress and used a knife to cut some out as samples. I received a call from the store to tell me that bed bugs are not covered and the mattress will not be replaced. I even called the home office and received the same response. My only saving grace was that the repair man had made holes in the mattress and I refused to accept the mattress. It was at that point that they had to replace it.

Tax Tip: Avoid Phishing Scams