logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
2. (5 mins ago)
Tagged Team Annual Lottery Promo 2011
Rita Collins, William Li, Dr. George Hu, Mr. Ro Many, Barrister Sok Hung
3. (13 mins ago)
University of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group
Class Action Law Suit: Misuse of Title IV Funds and Accounting Practices: Unethical business practices : Scam and Fraud
4. (28 mins ago)

Rooms to Go

Posted:    Valerie

Rooms To Go does not honor their warranties

Rooms to Go - www.roomstogo.com

In January of this year my husband and I bought a couch, chair, ottoman and rug from Rooms to Go, all pieces with fabric protection on their 16 months same as cash program.

Sept 16- Noticed tear on inside seam of chair had previously noticed snags, and stains on all three pieced as well as threads on rug (which was not brought to customer service attention. Purchased fabric protection for all four pieces at the time sales person (Nancy) gave us dry cleaning solution for spot treatment and stated that if this does not work on spots that Rooms to Go Service Tech will inspect furniture. If possible have the pieces steam cleaned, if that did not remove the stains then the pieces would be replaced free of charge.

Sept 21- Service person came and fixed the torn seam on chair cut extra threads from seam of couch, looked at ottoman but did not resolve issue to my satisfaction. Stated that he would report his findings and someone from customer service will contact me in 5 to 10 days for my satisfaction.

October 2- still no contact from Rooms to Go customer service.

October 3- I call customer service and voiced my complaint. Elaine explained that the service person issued a report that stated he had resolved all problems. That a customer service representative attempted to call but did not leave a message. I patiently explained and had her note that I do not have called ID and the person contacting me home number must leave a message. She apologized and sent a customer service dispute to the service department and someone from that department will contact me within 24 to 48 hours.

October 5- no contact from Rooms to Go. Tried to call, call center systems down.

Oct 9- no contact from rooms-to-go. Tesse Explained the Service order was submitted on Oct 3 and forwarded to the service dept in our area. They should be calling in the next 24 hours and noted the time and personnel must leave a message. She also noted at my displeasure with the situation.

Rooms to Go returned call- Spoke with Lisa, I explained issues she set up another appointment (2nd evaluation) with a different Technician for Oct 17th. She was pleasant and seemed genuinely helpful.

Tech Arrived on time was helpful. But he didn't use the same cleaner to that furniture that was given to me by Rooms to Go Personnel (I thought that was interesting) Some of the spots came out.

I received a call from Rooms to Go Customer service this morning in it the Tech admitted that there were stains he couldn't remove and that furniture needed to be professionally cleaned at my expense.

Part of the fabric protection warranty I have written on Rooms to Go Receipt clearly states that if a professional from their own cooperation cannot remove the said stains then the furniture will be cleaned at Rooms to Go expense.

Also that the snags in the furniture were the direct result of having dogs. Thought i showed the man several places where there were snags and they were in no ways caused by my dogs considering one was on the side of the ottoman and the other on the side of the chair near the wall.

My husband and I have since decided that you get what you pay for, and next time we will pay for better quality furniture at a better quality furniture store. I urge anyone looking for furniture to pass right by Rooms to Go all they care about is the bottom line. They don't honor their own warranties and the service people lie about their work.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Apr, 2008 by   Carlos 0 Votes
I’m very disappointed with Rooms To Go lack of customer service,
On 3/16/2008 we bought some furniture from the store at
707 NW Loop 410, San Antonio. (order# 2064795). On April 11
(three weeks later) they delivered the furniture but they delivered the wrong poles (two right poles for the foot board instead of a right and a left), we lost 4 hrs of work because they didn’t want to call us an hour ahead to let us know the delivery time.
The delivery person told us that Rooms to go will call us to reschedule the delivery of the poles. On 16 April I received a call at work (No one call me to set up a delivery date or time) and told me that the delivery crew was at my house. I asked If they could wait 30 min so I could get at home from work and I was told that they couldn’t do it
I called customer service I they didn’t help me, also I called the store and the customer service person (male) that answer was very rude and hang up the telephone, when I called again the service person (female) that answer told me that the male person told her that I cursed at him, I was very professional but I guess he knew I was going to complaint so he
made up the story. I will never buy anything fro rooms to go and I will make sure everyone knows about my nightmare.
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Don Wright 0 Votes
Warranty issues too - have a defective couch sitting for MONTHS because they can't get parts and won't replace. They're quick to tell me that part of my problem is abuse - and all I do is sit on my couch! go figure.

Downloading Music, Videos and Other Files Safely