logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

Posted:    EX ROBERT HALFER

UNETHICAL

Robert Half International
roberthalf.com
This is the WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD TO WORK FOR! Do not make the mistake of going to work for them in a Staffing Manager, Recruiter, Division Director, Branch Manager or Regional Role. This is an absolutely horrible company to work for. They do not treat their employees ethically, they take money from their candidates and constantly threaten their internal employees.
Comments United States Society & Culture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2009 by   wellintune +2 Votes
The email below says it all - RHI is one of the largest staffing firms in the world. They take a cut of nearly 50% off of their temporary staff. They only care about the bottom line, no matter who gets hurt. I am in California where minimum wage is $8.00 per hour. The cost of living here is so high that one cannot even meet housing costs on this. Yet ... AccountTemps had the audacity to send this email to their temporary workers:

On May 14, 2009, at 11:55 AM, Sweeney, Carolyn (00340) wrote:

Hello Accountemps,

We are all experiencing the effects of the economy. Clients are not able to budget for the bill rates they paid in the last couple of years. To keep their needs met and to keep you working, we are in the process of lowering some of our pay rates to our candidates as well.

This gives you an opportunity to continue working and showcase your skills rather than not working at all.

We are anticipating a need in data entry or Accounting Clerk positions in the pay range of $9-$10 an hour. While we realize that this is lower than what you are likely used to making, everyone’s budget is tight. We are doing our best to keep people working and this is one way to do so.

If you are open to working for this rate on a short or long term basis, please email us and let us know.

If you are not open to working for these rates, not a problem, we will continue to look for work for you at the pay rates you indicated you wanted on your application.

Kind regards,

Carolyn Sweeney
Branch Manager OfficeTeam, OfficeTeam Healthcare Group, Accountemps and Accountemps SPS
(510) 839-2100 ext 21519
Carolyn.Sweeney@rhi.com
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   AAA -1 Votes
Waste of time!

These people called me three times to set up a time to come in and do an interview. The day I came in my interviewer was over a half hour late, she would not look me in the eye and was verbally and emotionally abusive.

She pointed out all the faults in my resume, shot me down, berated me, smirked when I talked about career development and told me I was living in a fantasy world if I hoped to make even close to the wage I had been making prior to my layoff. She was so horrible she had me in tears and I decided not to continue the interview or the testing process.

Upon departure I collected all the paperwork they made me fill out prior to the interview. I felt like I was escaping a prison camp.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Puyallup forest 0 Votes
Unethical Temp Agency!
I was given a not permanent with the Federal Way, Wa office by Rosie ?? when i requested only permanent part time employment. After telling her i declined the interview she stated that she did not want to represent me anymore because i was not reliable. It is the temps choice when you sign with an agency whether you want it or not. I emailed her boss and recieved no response and was told by Rosie ?? that i should probably just look for a job on my own. Worst agency i have been with. The last permanent job i was sent out on this temp agency did not have there facts correct. It was suppose to be temp to permanent with the facility i was working with when in fact after i was hired on they told me it was just until the job was finished. What a waste of my time and what a joke.
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   gswalker 0 Votes
Worked for their MR division in Raleigh, NC during 2007. Never knew such morally bankrupt people even existed. Working with the slimiest used car salesmen would be a pleasure compared to sitting in the same room with these people for 10 minutes. Everything is based on lies. Their job postings are fake -- just a trap to get you in the door for an interview so they can ask you where you're interviewing or about your last company. As soon as you leave, they'll start marketing there. If you work there you're expected to make hundreds of canned/scripted phone calls to potential clients like a telemarketer...this will bubble-up some leads just in time for the dinosaurs (hacks who have made that pathetic company their "career") to follow-up on after your inevitable firing. Again, the hacks who have been there for years don't make hundreds of phone calls...they sit back and do a lot of internet gambling and web surfing until you get a client on the phone and then they distract and second-guess any legitimate marketing work you do until you're out the door...then they fly-in like the buzzards they are. Not a bad strategy if you don't have a soul.

The funniest thing is that they've already been exposed for this on every major job site but they still follow the same playbook!
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   truthtellerCO 0 Votes
Awful.. unethical... and very unprofessional. I worked for them for 3 months before they "no longer needed my services" in a voice mail while i was still at work. Drew Ostrem is a Mang in a Denve office and a terrible contact to have a for this company. Not returning email or phone calls for days. Promising things and not doing them. And having a general disregaurd for his temps. Promised me work for 2 months and nothing ever came. I would never ever tell anyone to work for them. I would never ever work for them again. TERRIBLE COMPANY!! TERRIBLE
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   Sam Casey 0 Votes
You are foolish to work for them in any capacity. The foundation of their business model is ruining your career. You have been warned.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   Super Sales Manager 0 Votes
I was approached by a Lorisa (949-903-4050) who was not to friendly. As a matter of fact, half way through our conversation she started to belittle me like I was stupid and basically rushed the conversation and acted like she was God. I suggested that she change her attitude when talking to people and she started to argue with me. I think Robert Half, Inc. is a joke. A horrible company full of greedy, overpaid ass...! Lorisa has no class and DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with thiese people or compny!!!
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   lovemylink 0 Votes
I worked for Jenifer Mauney RHT in Atlanta, GA. I have to say I have never worked for a woman who was more selfish and undeserving of her title as she. Her "coaching" practices were to publicly demorolize and demean her employees. I was the best recruiter she had and as soon as I started earning this "bonus" money promised to me (after about 4 months) I was told by co-workers the buzz was she was looking to fire me, allegedly the company couldn't afford the overhead to pay bonus' as her "team" was failing overall. I was eventuall terminated. I was told the reason was because I didn't fit in on her team. That is actually written on my departure paperwork. I saved every nasty email from her, which I am still thinking about what I would like to do with them. To this day I look at her Facebook picture (no, we are obvs not friends) and think about how miserable her life really must be. She is a single, divorced, miserablel human being who thrives on making other people miserable in order to lift herself up. I believe the Universe has a balance and she will find that out the hard way. A bit of advice if you are thinking about joining the RHT "team". I did my research in advance and notices all these complaints, dismissing them anyway. It was the worst decision I ever made. She made my life literally a living hell, I didn't make any of the money I was promised, and I was very successful and terminated for being so. Think twice...no think more than twice...before you sacrifice your sanity and self respect to go work for such a morally bankrupt company.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   SmallBizOwner111 0 Votes
Worked at Corporate Headquarters in Menlo Park for over 8 years. They considered hired me as a permanent temp. Payed me through OfficeTeam. I never heard of OfficeTeam. I have a BFA from Berkeley and a BFA from Art Center College of Design. As a Temp I was not entitled to health insurance, sick pay or any vacation time. I was belittled daily. I had 2 carpal tunnel operations due to the amount of work that grew as I watched my coworkers get fired quarterly to improve the quarterly earnings for investors. All this while I watched
the executives build a cigar balcony for themselves off the front of the building. My supervisor lived in Iowa and I took direction by email
and by phone. I actually said to my supervisor frequently if you want me to leave then fire me. Eventually she did when my father was
dying and I had to leave to run to the emergency room often. This is a company that never stops talking about team work and knows about it.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   MichaelJohnson1 0 Votes
I agree RHI does bad business and unethical practices. STAY AWAY!
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   former-rht 0 Votes
Truly a company that cares for its employees ONLY when it benefits the company itself. When you're a top producer there you are "left alone" but have a SINGLE bad month and all h3ll breaks lose like it's the end of the world.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   jobsearch5 0 Votes
I met with a Robert Half representative nearly a year ago that had actually placed my wife in a permanent position. After meeting with the rep, I got a call the very next day to see if I had any interest in a position that was actually out of my experience field. When I told her I wasn't qualified, she asked me if I could refer her to anyone I knew who may be interested. I told her I didn't know anyone. I never heard from her again. I tried to check in and would get some bs line about the market being slow but it looked like it may open up in the next few months. Again, I never heard from her. I figure I was the flavor of the day when I got the first call and then it was on to someone else. My resume was buried, never to be heard from again. Thats fine, just let me know the truth.
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   J. Byrrd 0 Votes
I believe each and every one of them. That is one shady company and no one knows what to do about them. They got upset because I sued for 18K owed to me and won. Then they blacklisted me in every state. Wait until they see what I'm suing for now. This was money I earned, yet they didn't feel that I should have asked the company. They kept trying to give me the run around, so I dropped on them. I worked for them off and on for 19 years and they would beg and plead with me to take the ragged companies with messed up records. When I did they knew there would be tremendous overtime and yet they thought they weren't going to pay me for these major disasters.
Yes they are bogus. They don't support their employees at all. They expect you to be humiliated, and dehumanized by anyone who feels like it because they are clients. If only you knew.
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   DrComputerGuy 0 Votes
Robert Half is one of the most unethical companies I have ever worked for. They lied to me, sending me into a huge disaster; claiming that it was some kind of opportunity. I've been in the industry for 15 years, I know major problems when I see them. Now RHT is making excuses as to why I'm not going to be paid. Avoid Jeremy Carter and his boss Zane in Raleigh, NC at all costs. They will treat you like a second class citizen.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   jcli 0 Votes
They contacted me after seeing my resume online. A recruiter for them left me a voice mail and saying they have opportunity for me in their client company and I called them back and without giving me much information about the company (this was the first time I heard of them) they quickedly set up an interview with me in a few days.
After I hung up with them and received their email confirmation on the interview, I started to feel uneasy and went online to research them and found a bunch of negative comments from people in the same situation as me. In order to confirm the validity of the comments, I sent an mail to the recruiter who set up my interview to see if they can actually tell me whether there is an actual position fitting my experience/interest that I am interviewing for, and whether there is an assessment test that I'd have to take at the interview. They never mentioned the assessment in our phone call or email communication but I read online from multiple job searchers that RHI required such a test and it always came as surprise before it was not told before hand so I wanted to prepare. I never received a reply email from them.
Then I searched on their website for posted positions they have available and there is no job that even remotely fits my background/interest in my area. There was one senior level accountant job available in this area and the pay seemed extremely low. So the day before my scheduled interview I emailed again and asked to cancel the appointment. This time I got a reply back right away saying my interview is cancelled upon my request.
Based on this one interaction with them, I know I would never work with them again. If I ask a straight forward question, I expect them to give me a straight forward answer in a timely manner. When they don't any smart person can just figure out they have something to hide.
 12th of Aug, 2012 by   trtl +1 Votes
Robert Half is charging a markup of over 100%! When interviewed there and found that they were going to pay me 30% less than what I was making before I asked if I could get a higher rate, to which the staffing agent told me he couldn't offer me more money because "he's already taking a cut on this", meaning they assignment didn't pay very well. I found out later that I was getting paid almost 1/3 of what Robert Half was getting form the client. They also lied about few other things, told me not to speak to the client directly, solicited business to my references and tried to get contacts of hiring managers at the places where I used to work, telling me they needed those for "internal compliance". They occasionally called me while I was on assignment on my cell phone to unceremoniously interrupt me from what I was doing and ask such things as "how big is the accounting department", "did the company hire someone recently " and other internal specifics. I refused to give them the info. They say they offer "benefits" to their salaried professionals. In fact the Health Insurance is very expensive, has a high deductible and doesn't cover 100%. I had to keep paying for Cobra coverage rather than buying this highly restrictive "benefit" from them. Their 401 K plan has no match. The only thing they do pay for is holidays and CTO.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   amberwilbers -1 Votes
I speak highly of Robert Half International and all of their divisions. I started working internally for RHI in 2008, was laid off shortly thereafter, but they paid me in advance and also found another job for me. When I was laid off at the temporary position, I was re-hired internally. After only two days, I was laid off again by RHI, BUT they found another job for me. Once I was hired by the temp job and eventually laid off a year later, RHI hired my again for an internal position. I left RHI after six months to relocate. When I moved back, they found yet another temp to hire position for me which is where I currently work and have been for nearly two years. We now use RHI for all or our Administrative staffing needs. Although I was laid off numerous times within a two year period, I wasn't without a job for more than a day. I was always treated really well and I never felt demeaned by anyone that I worked with. As a matter of fact, I feel like it was probably one of the best work environments I was ever a part of. For those of you that had a bad experience with a recruiter there, it's truly too bad and those people will be found out. They have an extremely high moral value for the people they interview as well as their clients. Getting a job with them is not easy and the process can take a long time, but they do their very best to staff the right individuals in the right positions. Keep in mind, they are not required to find you a job. Best of luck to those of you in the future.
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   Legolas +1 Votes
Sources and website such as ComplaintsBoard.com are a great opportunity for organizations to research, analyze and identify areas for growth. Every story recorded on this site comes from the personal experience of each individual complainant. Although derogatory information makes a organization sound bad, it is still a great opportunity for organizations to take this information to the executive team and make the necessary plans and changes to reduce or alleviate such experiences.

However, from time to time you will find non-complaints posting messages on strategic forums and websites such as ComplaintsBoard.com because they are usually representatives of the firm or company named in the complaint. This is protocol in large organizations. You will see this happen on website such as Yelp as well. These representatives practice this because companies understand that a "left alone" complaint/statement is worst than a "attempt to resolve" complaint/statement by the executive team or owner of a company. Moreover it is obvious who the company representatives are. Who else would spend their personal time on a complaint website who doesn't have a complaint to add. Organizations that accumulate a high volume of complaints will become deemed as an unattractive companies to work for. Therefore, these companies make an attempt to give viewers two different perspectives. Unfortunately, intelligent people read through the statements left by these company representatives. But it still helps companies by showing they care.

I came across this site while conducting my own research and investigation about companies I am interested in working for, in attempt to set myself up for success rather than failure. The information on this site helps me make my decisions on the choices I make in life. I sincerely appreciate and value all the information shared by the contributors on this site. I agree that there is two sides to every story. This is why it is up to me to make my own decisions as well as why I took the time to review this site.
 20th of May, 2013 by   I-know-my-rights 0 Votes
I was employed by Robert Half agency to work under temp to perm basis for WR refrigeration in Leicester, UK. On my third day of employment within a company undergoing full internal redundancies I was penalised for discussing my concerns over being made permenant after the probation period with other members of the training team on a lunch break in a private discussion. Apparently I was scaring the other temp staff into believing there were no permenant roles at the end of the 3 month probation after meeting a member of staff who started his role there 5months prior to myself and still had been on temp basis. I am disgusted by the level of in unprofessionalism within the Leicestershire division of the agency and the incompetence of their staff. Worst agency to work for! Avoid like the plague!
 8th of Jul, 2013 by   dds2013 0 Votes
I graduated college in March 2012 and RHT was begging me to come and work for them and I went to talk to them while I was still in school. I already had 9 years of IT experience and the rep started to bombard me on how my resume was bad and how I didn't have the experience; huh?? I knew right there that it was a scam, my school brought one of the reps in to talk to us and everyone in my class at the time agreed that they were BS. I had a friend who I graduated with go and interview with them as well, he was shot down by them and he said they would place him and to this day he still hasn't heard from RHT.

The Cost of Summer Camp