logo

VIP Club

Roadrunner Sports
Virginia
roadrunnersports.com
I purchased sneakers from Road Runner sports and they asked me to sign up for their VIP club. A year later my credit card was billed for $24.99. Upon checking out, I was not informed there was a yearly fee or that they would retain my credit card information. Also, since that purchase they have sent catalogs, mail coupons, and email at what feels like twice a week.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2011 by   Pieved Mom 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me with the Roadrunners Sports VIP membership being charged to my account without my permission. While in their store one day, I actually asked them how much longer I had left on my membership and I had some more weeks left. They offered to renew while I was in the store and I declined. Then they said they could automatically renew on my credit card. I again declined. I said that if I decided to renew, I would do so on my own. I also asked how they could possibly have my credit card. Then, sure enough, I notice on my bill the renewal fee. It's Sunday and I called their number right away as it said they were available 24 hrs a day. Well, that's not true either. They are only available M-F until 6pm Pacific time. I will be contacting them tomorrow to have the renewal fee removed and I will not shop there again. How dare they take my credit card information and hold onto it and how dare they automatically renew the VIP membership without my permission. In fact, they confiscated the card information from a later purchase because when I first joined their VIP program, I paid cash for the membership and purchase. I only agreed to the membership in the first place because my purchase was so large that the cost of the membership was covered with the 10% immediate discount. I am extremely annoyed with Roadrunner Sports. With this kind of scam, you could never shop there anymore and they'd still be charging you for membership renewals? That makes no sense whatsoever!
 29th of May, 2012 by   maxli 0 Votes
Just noticed this $25 bogus Automatic VIP Club renewal charge on my CC from Roadrunner Sports, god *** scheisters. I signed up for $2 a year ago, I have no idea it's a annual $25 membership. I've been purchasing from them for the past 2 years, never again. It's only 25 bucks, but it just makes me sick to my stomach that every corner I turn, are these god *** scammers. Like when I walked into Chase last month, the god *** salesman keep lying to me about how many billions he personally manage, and try to con me into buying some bond funds. Gees, he must be related to the London Whale.
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   Billy Brads 0 Votes
Just happened to me! I live in the UK. I bought something in a Roadrunners store last year and now I get a $25 transaction on my Mastercard out of the blue! I've complained to my credit card company who said they'll look to recover it if I don't get an immediate refund,

The Smartest Ways to Borrow Money