logo

Amount 27 - deducted without any reasons

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

RN Superpass Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges!

RN Superpass Contacts & Informations

RN Superpass

Posted:    Jade Etheridge Wooten

Unauthorized charges!

RN Superpass
www.realplayer.com
Last month I got charged 14.99 for RN superpass. I just blew it off because I am a RN and I thought it was a subscription for a RN website. Then I got charged again this month and started looking into it. I found this website which helped me find out what the charge really was for. Now I have to investigate and try to get the charges reversed or at least canceled.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2007 by   Robin Thorpe 0 Votes
I also got a charge on my bank account from this company. I am in school to be an RN so I also thought it had something to do with my school but when I called and asked I was told it had nothing to do with the school. I am now paying to have this put on hold by my bank. I have tried calling them but get a recording that states my call can't be taken at this time, so please try again. How can this happen...
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Mary Ann Barber, RN 0 Votes
The very same thing is happening to me. Have you gotten to the bottom of this yet. Any pointers? Let me know. Thanks Mary Ann
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   ann marie sicinski 0 Votes
so does anyone know what this charge is for, I am also an RN and I thought it had something to do with nursing.
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   ann marie sicinski 0 Votes
I found out what this is. If you ever signed on to a network to watch big brother on the computer, or any other tv shows this is your RN "superpass" it has nothing to do with being an RN as I thought also. They can be reached at 1-866-212-1343 to cancel the account.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   robin vos 0 Votes
The same thing is happening to me and trying to get it sorted, i am in the uk, does anyone have a number i can call to sort this thing out?
 25th of Feb, 2008 by   Patrick E. Wadsworth Sr. 0 Votes
This is a subscription to Real Networks' games, etc. It is very easy to accidentally subscribe to it if you have Real Player, Real Arcade, etc. I don't know for a fact that they charge without some form of "permission," but they readily promised to refund my $14.99. (I got them on the first call--just luck, I guess.)
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   Jack Boswell 0 Votes
I've just found out that this RN superpass has been charging me for about a year automatically, what a scam, I don't even know what it is for. I guess i'll try that number to remove it. Thanks.
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Thelma Olive 0 Votes
I received charges from this company after I received a call from "GRANT WRITER PRO". I did sign up for "Grant Writer", but then I started receiving charges from "SUPERPASS FROM REA", "Rhasody music" and "superpass games". Then I received a call yesterday stating they were going to send me a "Visa Card" with a $25.00 gift certificate thanking me for my purchased. They already had my address and the last four digits of my credit card. It made me angry that my information was given to a second party. The Visa gift card was another scam that came with a monthly charge.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   Barb 0 Votes
Thanks for posting the phone number. Called today and got it cancelled without a problem!
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
I too have been debited unlawfully. I have contacted this company by phone on four (4) ocassions over the last twelve (12) months requesting a cancellation of service. Isn't it interesting that they won't accept e-mail requests for cancellation (which can be proven) but instead require you to call an international number to cancel (which at the end of the day they can deny ever happened). To ad insult to injury, I now find myself in a battle with my credit card company who seem all too willing to continue facilitating this act of blatent internet fraud.

Well RN Superpass,
Ive got some news for you !!! and it's all bad. I will not call the US from Australia again - only for you to deny receiving my call & I will not be meeting any charges from you forthwith - the credit card has been cancelled. What I have done though is to lodge a complaint with the credit card company who are now investigating your fraudulent practices and I have refered this matter to the Commisioner of Fair Trading for further action.
 26th of Apr, 2008 by   laiconna 0 Votes
The same thing is happening to me. I did sign up for the 30 day free trial. After the first charge, I had the subscription cancelled. The stopped the charges for approx. 3 months. I checked my account today and found that they have begun charging me again for this junk. They ask you to try it free, knowing you will forget that you did it. There should be a law that they should not get that payment info until the 30 day trial is over. Then if you want it, you should then be required to give them the information they need to charge you.

There is an address you can send your cancellation to and reach them. Send the letter by registered mail only which will require a signature.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by   Lulu 0 Votes
I actually read this message board and then immediately called the number on the above post. My charges were also incurred from the Superpass to BB8. The first person I spoke to cancelled the "subscription" and also credited the last charge. Then I asked for a supervisor who after chastising me about fine print...right... also reluctantly agreed to refund all charges from when BB8 ended. I almost lost my temper but I think remaining matter-of-fact with them about my position is what ultimately convinced them to credit the charges back. Good luck and God help the consumer.
 9th of May, 2008 by   alexander fyans 0 Votes
re-rn superpass charges.cancel any charging account you have with me and re-emburse any moneys you have taken from my account forthwith.please check your records and see if i have ever used superpass...cancel all and any agreements or contracts that you have me on, i have advised my bank to do likewise.. alexander fyans
 22nd of May, 2008 by   patrick coughlan 0 Votes
dear sir i have been debit for £9.96 a month how can i have it stopped
yours pat
 25th of May, 2008 by   Miss D 0 Votes
This just happened to me! I just got three mysterious charges from this company in the last month! Can somebody please enlighten me on how this company is getting our credit card info in the first place? I don't remember ever buying anything from them so that they would even have my info! THANKS!
 29th of May, 2008 by   Jfehr 0 Votes
Same happened to me. Through Real Player I was having problems with my real player and thought I was starting a trial offer. Couldn't cancel from Canada. I repoerted this company to RBC Visa as Fraud. I also called the number someone listed here, I canceled with the company but I am also having new credit cards issued as I hav read that for some the subscription fees resume after cancelation.
 9th of Jun, 2008 by   Karen Addie 0 Votes
I have just found out that I have been charged $24.98 per month by Real Arcade and Superpass, neither of which I bought. This has been going on for a long time. I signed up for Rhapsody, and this company has been charging me for these other two subscriptions. I have notified my bank and am going to sign an affidavit for them to go after this company. I will also notify BBB and E-Commerce association.
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   pete quinn 0 Votes
I spoke to them unfortunately they didnt speak very good english. or at least creatively misunderstood me. I then spoke to my bank, who said they couldnt stop it asit wasnt a direct debit, however the young lady was very helpful in pointing out the fact that it wasbeing taken directly from my card. Easy answer - cancel the card and get a new one.
 5th of Jul, 2008 by   PURPLEPASSIONS1 0 Votes
The company that is charging people is Real.com They are like windows media player. Their company specializes in games, music, videos, etc. I keep getting charged each month $14.99 after I signed up for the FREE-TRIAL. The free trial then turned into this long drawn out process of me trying to get them from stealing money from my bank account. I have canceled this service 3 times, and each month I continue to get charged. The company moved the cosumer service deptament to India, therefore, when you speak to someone to try to clear up the matter their is a slight misunderstanding in communication. Each time I talk to the service representative they repeat the same passage as the previous person and in the end my bank account continues to get charged. Does anyone know how to put a stop them debting out my money without me having to close my account?
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   MoMaDoW 0 Votes
Same s*** here... I live in Egypt and have a master card electronic internet card.. and i got charged for 14.99 USD for the RN SUPERPASS From REAL NETWORKS.. all these complaints and no solution... most of you dealt with the company in a free-trial or smth... I DID NOT!! how the f*** they got my card number and my 3-digit secret code??!! I told my bank www.nbe.com.eg and they asked me to write a complaint and they will send it to the central administration in Cairo... now what? no suggestions from financial experts?

Internet Scams: How to Protect Yourself