logo

Perfect Match
Beware of this scam!
5. (28 mins ago)
ScoreSense
took money from my bank account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Posted:    Michele

Rip Off

Rich Dad Poor Dad/Wealth Intelligence Academy
I attended a Rich Dad Poor Dad Seminar. There were several promises during the presentation, including buying a mentor for three days at a mere cost of $24, 000.00. The first exercise is to go out and request the highest credit line from each credit card company to supposedly increase your credit score. They then spring the sales pitch, buy this, and we will help make you rich. I am a highly educated inpendependent woman but I know I have been ripped off. Within a week after purchasing this great mentor package, I receive a phone call from Rich Dad Poor Dad. They now offer me a coach to get me started for another $8, 000.00. That is when I knew I had been ripped off. Please don't make the stupid mistake I did and invest in bullshit.. I cannot believe the psychological rollercoaster the presenters get you going on. Good luck, Mciehel
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of May, 2009 by   Thalie 0 Votes
SOOORRY for You're RIP OOFF! Thanx Soooo Much I was About to enroll In this Thing! But My instinct voice Was Telling Me "NO!"
Some How..
When I ask the coach, What if Its a Scam? He Told me he cannot Anwser that!!??! I Have To trust Some one One day or another... he Also said That,
If I think That Rich Dad, Poor Dad Is a Scam Why I'm I interested anyway!
I'm Happy I never send ANY MONEY To them...
Blessss.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Modats 0 Votes
I paid to enroll for a 3 day training. I have had troubles with them since. The material sent to me was incomplete. The customer service sucks. My emails are unanswered. I can't believe I was tricked.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   lloydst 0 Votes
I attended the FREE two hour seminar which, as I expected, was a pitch to get you to pay $199 for a three day seminar. Fine.

The three day seminar did offer tidbits of valuable information, but was mostly another sales pitch for enrolling in their advanced seminars at a cost of $11-66K. Ouch! They pressure you, using your children and their future as bait.

During this seminar, RDPD goes out of its way to discredit college and its ability to prepare you to get rich. Very true. At least when you tour a college they don't make you pay for it. The $199 should have been free. They operate much like a strip club. You pay to get in, you give the stripper a few bucks and she attempts to sell you a $20 lap dance. It destroys their credibility.

I'm sure the advanced seminars have much to offer, but the price? They claim you'll get return on the investment 100 times over. They claim they'll teach you how to enroll in the class without actually paying a dime. They claim to be millionaire philanthropists, explaining why a rich person would spend their time instructing others. If they were true philanthropists, the price of their classes would be much more affordable.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   Maurice R +1 Votes
I don't understand how adults can be told what to do with their money against their will. I have paid for the 3-day seminar and found it to be very informative. It was not ALL inclucive with the infomation provided but I did not expect it to be. It is funny to how adults will part with their money and cry about it to the whole world. But the same adults will spend money to go to college for 4 years at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars and not think twice with no guarentee of finding a job in their field of study or ever working in that field. Yet thats okay!! Not to mention that many of the instructors in college and universities are professional students who have never been in the real world, in many cases, teaching 17 to 23 year olds theories that, in many cases, are out-dated. Yet thats okay!! Now I have use the same $350 course to purchase a house that appraised at $187K for $135K after using the techniques I learned in the same classes you adults are complaining about. I have to admit that it took time to work out the details of all of the techniques but it is worth it when you understand what you are getting into. But I think that so many people are looking for something for nothing and then complain when they find out the really have to work. So forget about creating a lifestyle and just get a job and live paycheck to paycheck so you can feel good about impacting no one outside of your family. AND THATS OKAY TOO!!
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   plgdin 0 Votes
I too attended the free seminar to purchase the 3 day at 299.00. That was a 3 day long sales pitch to get us to buy their "education". I did not sign up and am very glad because I have found the same information at much lower rates and even their website has a replacement called Connected Investors that offers the very same thing Rich Dad does and I got into the CI network for $7.00. I now have access to all of the same classes and a mentor if I want them. Rich Dad is making himself rich by ripping off the very people that can't afford it to begin with. If he was so confident in his education he would offer some sort of credit for the classes that could be paid with the knowledge you get from the training and being able to do the deals they praise so highly

How to Avoid Drug Interaction