logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
flippiness.com
This company wants only your money
2. (7 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
clothing-dropship.com
They stated that no payment was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Revol Wireless

Posted:    nima

Revol Wireless
Ohio
You get what you pay for, with Revol that equates to cheap phone service and horrible customer care relations. How are they still in business? They prey on the needs of those who can't afford mobile phone service with the larger carriers.

What happened? I called their customer service line in September because I broke my phone; I was told that I didn't have insurance. I called again to inquire about a text I got from them offering 2 phone lines for $74; I was told I already had that plan, and no insurance. I just called again tonight, and guess what; I have been paying for insurance. I asked to have it removed and credited back to September, the "supervisor, " Tia, said "NO, I'm not going to credit anything'" without even pretending to take a moment to consider it.

If i wasn't upset when I called, her attitude and treatment enraged me. Enough that I am going to take the time to post this on every complaint board/blog I can find.

The really don't care about their customers, the lie, cheat, and steal from us. There's nothing we can do because we need them. Unfortunately, Revol doesn't have the foresight to see that another company similar to theirs may come along and steal their customers away... it may have already started...
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Apr, 2009 by   superman 0 Votes
I completely disagree!!! My kids and and I love our phones. You can't beat talk and text with unlimited usage. We can call any number period. verizon, alltel, sprint, home phones, it doesn't matter. I think all other phone plans are rip offs compaired to revol. I love them.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   machine501 0 Votes
I also disagree... My wife and I have had Revol since before they were Revol... at one time, they went by the name Northcoast PCS... we loved it then... now that they became Revol Wireless, things have only gotten better over the years! I can recall one time where they somehow messed up with processing a payment I made... and this caused my bank account to go into overdraft... they took care of the mistake, even the overdraft charges... I've not wanted to go back to Sprint or Verizon Wireless since I became a Northcoast PCS/Revol Wireless customer.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   machine501 0 Votes
I also disagree... my wife and I have been customers since before Revol Wireless became Revol Wireless... at one time, they were going under the name Northcoast PCS, and we loved the service even back then... now that they became Revol Wireless, they have only improved. I can recall one time when I made a payment over the phone, and somehow they made a mistake when they processed my payment... causing my bank account to go into overdraft... they took care of the mistake, and even paid for my overdraft charges... Since I became a Northcoast PCS/Revol Wireless customer, I haven't even considered going back to Verizon Wireless or Sprint.
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   Mischelle40 0 Votes
I have been a Revol customer for about a year now. I think that, for people who primarily call in the local area, it is a really good deal. My kids can text until their fingers fall off to anyone on any network, and it is included. You can also use existing phones from other services if they can be flashed. They have a list of those that can. I had all ours flashed rather than pay for new phones. They do, however, have poor customer service. They are hard to reach, no one seems to have the authority to do anything if there is a problem, and they seem somewhat unprofessional in their attitude.

That being said, if you have a family with teens and want cell phones without a contract, and where you don't have to count minutes, this is a good plan. Teens call and text mostly in their home area, anyway. As for me, I am mostly in my own calling area, and we we are out of the area, I am with my husband, who has a contract cell we use.

It is true you get what you pay for, so I have not expected too much from this service. I can make and receive calls, have voice mail, and unlimited texting for $99 a month for 3 phones. I get bad customer service when I need them, but I know to expect that. If I want amazing service and more bells and whistles, I am going to pay at least twice that for an unlimited plan elsewhere. I've been checking.
 13th of Sep, 2009 by   KHARISMA 0 Votes
Revol SUCKS! I have been a customer let me corect that I was a customer for 10 years when they started out as Criket. I swiched to Boost after my last of many negitive encounters with Revol. They have cheap phones, rude customer service, and poor service. My phone doesnt work in any of the areas its suppose to work in. I called them to see if they would offer me a discount to upgrade my phone and add 2 more lines. I was optimistic that they would work with me on a discount for a new phone because just this past Jan. they offered me a $80 dollar discount but I couldnt take advantage of the discount then. So I call and ask the rep said she would give me a $25 discount I laughed and asked to talk to a supervisor that was a waste of time so to make a long story short they were rude and uncompromsing so Im done with them. Im enjoying my BOOST SO FAR!
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   ClevelandPress 0 Votes
I like Revol, I have been a customer for 3 months and everything works well.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   zandralovesu 0 Votes
I am thinking of switching to revol because it has the keyboard i phone.. i currently have boost mobile, i've had it for about 2 weeks and already its having problems with text messages... in my opinion if boost mobile gets a phone with the keyboard like revol i'll think of staying with them.. if not i might switch
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   Very Upset guy 0 Votes
My revol cuts off every time i get on the internet. So really I'm paying for something i don't have. I call them to report my problem after they heard my problem they kept me on hold for 30 minutes and i still haven't got through yet.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   Whatnow! 0 Votes
Fairly new to Revol for the kids. I do not appreciate that you have to pay $2 to view an itemized bill. They hold your bill hostage, how can that be legal?? Revol would like you to just blindly pay the total they send you (how come it is a different amount to be paid in Regulatory fees, taxes etc every month?) Funny, ironic, I was unable to pay through Revol's free services; online and automated. Had to pay $3 to speak to a representative and he was able to get my Visa to go through JUST fine! The surprise nickels and dimes make me very unhappy. I asked all the right questions before we purchased very expensive phones and handed over our information (and money). The failure of Revol to substantiate their charges to their customers (without fees) does not seem correct. My utility companies or any other service companies do not charge me to view my bills so whats up with that, Revol!?
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   BigK 0 Votes
I had Revol for about six momths and it always worked Ok for me while traveling between Youngstown and Cleveland, Ohio. The price is good and customer service fair...but what the heck do you want for the price? P.S. Coverage in New Castle, PA was fair to good depending on where I was located.
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   playitagain 0 Votes
I live in Columbus and the service has been great, even better than my Verizon phone where I live. I had concerns about fact it is so inexpensive but so far all is good. The sales reps are just that, sales reps so when I had a concern I asked to speak to a manager and she was able to fix the problem right away. I also have a friend that has Revol and they had a problem and they weren't able to fix immediately but the manager took their name and number and had a solution in 24hrs. So far I have saved $45 a month from my old plan.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   New Castle, PA 0 Votes
I just got the Unlimited plan for $25/month. Very basic...nothing more than the ability to make and take calls to/from anywhere. Can't beat it! All mobile phones have "dead spots" where there is little or no service. I've had them all Sprint, AT&T, CellularOne, Nextel & Boost. BTW: BOOST TEXT IS SLOW AS HELL!!!
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   jynxlinn 0 Votes
I F*#&ING HATE REVOL..they hgave horrible customer service.. the next messages take an hour to get to your phone and then when they do decide to get to your phone they all flood in at once..I get voicemails from calls that never rang in and wont show up in my missed calls even tho im always where i have service.. revol blows dude i would never recommend them to anyone.. Im changing phone companies and i would suggest you all do the same thing REVOL IS CRAZY
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   satr 44 0 Votes
would someone please tell me how to contact revol regarding the changeover in the voicemail. I lost very important information.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Unhappy from Toledo Ohio 0 Votes
i was with revol for well over 2 years and switched to Boost because they offered a reasonable phone service that I was suppose to be able to use anywhere. Then I went on vacation and couldn't get service in Michigan, I live in Ohio. Then my phone of only 3 months old would only work on speaker phone or else I couldnt hear my party. I went to four different stores to see if I could have them exchange the phone because of how new it was. Everyone was rude and not helpful. They wanted me to mail my phone into a repair store and wait a week or so to get it back. And Oh, i could pay 20 - 30 dollars for a phone to "use" while waiting. I cancel my service with Boost and went back to Revol.
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by   kemetic 0 Votes
I got Revol when the first came to Columbus. $47/mo unlimited everything. No one in the city were like them. Their customer service was horrible. The pretty much knew your hands were tied, so they treated you like sh#t! Once Boost Unlimited came to the area, their customer service reps suddenly became nicer. They came up with the prorated payments, if you couldn't pay on your due date. I have been with Revol for 4yrs w/3 lines. My son switched to Boost for a better coverage area. Down to 2 lines. My daughter-in-law switched to Boost, down to 1 line. I wanted to stay with Revol. My cell phone broke and they no longer offered the phone I had. The comprable phone cost 189.99. The only phone they had with a full keyboard. If you have a phone flashed to Revol you cannot use the unlimited internet and cannot use the extended service area in many locations, because the phone was not made for the revol network (per their cust serv reps). So, basically I needed a new phone. Boost had a phone with a full keyboard for 75.00. I ask Revol for a deal on the phone since I have been a customer for years and I liked the service. I told the rep the other 2 lines I had have switched to Boost Mobile and I wanted to stay with Revol. I just needed them to give me a deal on the phone I wanted. After I can get a Boost for 75. The rep was rude and said "well, those phones are refurbished. The best I can give u is 20.00 off". So, I said forget it and switched to Boost. When I called Revol to have my number released to go to my Boost phone, the rep was trying to get me to stay. Offered me a deal on the phone I wanted, but I told him too late, I had swtiched already. The customer service I had with Revol was mostly unsatifactory. Tho, it did get better once Boost Mobile arrived in town. As far as coverage area Boost is definitely better. Revol I love the free 411. Boost texts messages can be slow, very slow.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   mixman8806 0 Votes
i so agree with all the ones who hate revol i dont really need to say much because everyone has me covered on it all, im glad there are peopleout there who feel so strong aginst revol like i do, i hate playing phone tag with people like my mother because my stupid kyocera m2000 one of there cool new slick phones keeps shutting down when people call mee. its sooo irritating i cant stand it, and the people who work at the store are freaking stupid too and dont know what there talking about go work at mcdonalds dumb ass, omg im so pissed and there always having difficultys when your trying to call the service network, bla bla bla revol you rock ... not
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   gothiclipstickkisses 0 Votes
I have been with revol for many years and at one point I switched to boost but boost's problems were just about the same but more expensive even with the $50 unlimited plan and their internet sucked. With that being said, I hate revol as well. Every phone I've ever had with them always ends up having problems and when I recently switched back to revol I got the QT Hint phone, had to take it back withing a week of buying it! They wanted to give me a refurbished phone in place of the broken phone that had programming errors from their F**** up, but ended up not having any in stock so they had to give me a new phone. Here it is a month later and I am having problems once again with my phone. I constantly have to pop the battery out to receive texts or call into my voicemail and sit there until they start to roll through. On top of that, with this new phone, sometimes I get calls maybe 3-4 in a row missed that don't show up on my phone and never ring through. I'll get a random voicemail literally 4 hours later from a missed call that never showed up. When you call their customer service now their telling me that they only have certain hours that they're open and when you do call, on time I was told that their customer line was having unusually high call volume to call back the next day!!! It's outrageous! I understand that their cheap but how did they even get this far without being reported to the better business bereau?!?!?! The sad thing is they know they have us screwed between a rock and a hard place because the people that go with revol can't afford anything else so they treat their customers like crap. And it's sad that we as consumers have essentially let them have this power, but what do you do when your other options aren't worth sh** either?
 25th of May, 2010 by   karen brank-bennett 0 Votes
I have been a Revol Customer a few months. My phone would drop calls quite frequently but when it began doing it when I talked longer than 5-10 minutes this was a problem. I wanted to change to boost mobile but revol said they did not have my correct address so refused to change the number over. I had to keep the phone where phone calls were being dropped, static for 24 hours stating Boost did not provide the correct information. Revol is cheap, their phones do not work, and they are not customer friendly. These phones are for people who do not have credit or money to affrod decent phone service. Revol is crap, crapd crap. I wholeheartedly agree.
 26th of May, 2010 by   natzhawk 0 Votes
I'm a verizon customer now. I had all the other cell phone companies and revol is good for local if you can deal with poor customer service and poor phone service. They used to have a grace period for payment. I believe it was for five days. They got rid of that. I don't understand why. You still had to pay for the service or they cut your phone off. I felt that it was a little bit of convienent for the extra five days. The bottom line is if you don't care about poor service and the extra poor stuff then go with revol. At the end of the day. These cell phone companies are gonna make you paid if is good or bad. I prefer good service.

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups