logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
WMV*WWW.MATCH.COM/BILL
Unauthorized charges made on my debit card
2. (16 mins ago)
Balanced Media Services
They took money from me – no info about this scamming company
3. (28 mins ago)
USPS
RUDE PEOPLE AT USPS
4. (28 mins ago)
Prestigeskate.com
Blocked access to seller’s profile
5. (36 mins ago)
Garcina Cambogia & Digestit (Colon Cleanse')
Unorauthorised Deduction from my Visa Account

3700 Park East Dr Suite 240
Beachwood, Ohio
Phone: 216-763-2150
www.revenuegroup.com
I had a medical bill from a hospital in the Cleveland area sent to them. I had received a first letter stating that they were the third party agency who had the account now. About 3 to 4 months later I started receiving phone calls in regards to the bill. First and foremost I would just like to say that I work in the collections industry and have been trained exceptionally well with FDCPA. I told her that financially I couldn't do anything right now because I was out of work, and my husband was barely paying our regular monthly bills as it was. She asked 'Are you even going to look for a job?' I said 'Excuse me, I have already started to look ma'am' She then said 'Wow, I can't imagine not having a job, How are you making it? Are you even getting by?' I told her that as soon as I could do something I would call back and set up some arrangements. She said 'Well, just so you know miss we will be serving your husband with this bill' I told her that was fine and ended the conversation.

As I have many years collection experience not once did she state on the telephone or voicemail that she was a 'Debt Collector' or 'This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose' She had only called me 2 to 3 times since I had spoke with her the last time and had only received approximately 3 letters. Whereas in my collections field if you can't get a hold of someone you call them back within 3 days. Everytime she would leave a voicemail the only thing she would say is 'This is revenue group calling for Ms. Blank, I'll be in the office tonight until about um, 7:00 P.M. please call me at 216-763-2150' Not once did she do a Foti Message stating that she was a debt collector.

Then I had received a bill the beginning of the month stating that the account had been ignored for our demanding payment, and your lack of concern only makes things worse. I had called back 3 weeks later to set up the arrangements because I was finally back on my feet and a little more financially stable. Thats when I spoke with a male. I told him the situation and who had been calling me in regards to my account. Told him that I was in a better position and I could make 250-300 dollar a month payments. He then replied 'Ms. You do realize that we have this account in pre-legal and it's been looked over for legal review' I asked him why I had not received anything in the mail in concerns to this. (My company sends you out a notice stating that the account was referred to the legal department and you have so much time to call and make an arrangement) His reply was 'Well Ms. you've only been buying yourself some time, how could you of not known about this?' I told him that I couldn't pay the balance in full and would need to make some sort of arrangements. He said 'Well, we can offer you a settlement on the account of 2000.00' I said 'Sir, that is not a settlement that's balance in full' He then said 'Well, if you can pay the balance in full now, you can save yourself from it being reported to the credit bureaus, or it will be much higher when they do sue you for the account, the only arrangements that I can take from you today is 400.00 a month before the end of this month, for the next 6 months' I told him I didn't understand why I had not received a letter or phone call in regards to the account being sent to the legal department and was offering him close to 300.00 a month, I was also willing to set up check by phones to pay in full. He stated that he could not accept that from me and I would have until the end of the month to come up with balance in full or pay the 400.00 a month for 6 months. I was very eerie of also setting up check by phones as well.

A friend of mine had a Key Bank account that was sent there as well, she called in, was willing to pay, had asked for the settlement offer and had set up a post dated Visa transaction to come out of her checking account on her next payday. They debited her account the next day for the balance in full and not the settlement offer that she was supposed to do two weeks later. She called back in to speak with a manager in regards to their mistake and was put on hold for 45 minutes before she talked to someone who told her that they had just 'stepped out' and would have to call back later.

I am very unhappy with this company. They are insulting, rude, and unprofessional. I plan on getting an attorney's opinion before I send them that much per month. I am surprised that they have not been sued for FDCPA violations, harassment, and being false and misleading.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2009 by   juhookmh 0 Votes
I agree with your sentiments regarding Revenue Group. They are rude and unprofessional, especially Chris Cooper. Reading your comments made me remember the nightmare I had to endure with this company. I regret the day that I took a loan with Key Bank. The fact that Key Bank would hire a third-party collection agency such as Revenue Group, speaks volumes about Key Bank's business ethic. If this company contacts you, be prepared to be insulted and misinformed.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   j martin 0 Votes
I too have just had a bad experience with the REVENUE GROUP and I am so upset since they called me I want to tell the world and I will be contacting the Att Gen office. Mr Joe Cross from there asked me (also about a medical bill from UH) "If you let someone borrowm money, would expect them to pay you back?" I explained to him that my 3 year old had tonsil/adenoid surgery in Dec at the Cleveland Clinic and had complications and went back and by ambulance to ICU 2 weeks later for clotting/bleeding... then in January I had a routine mammogram which turned into ultrasound/biospy--scary--I am still paying on both...It is June! I pay every month SOMETHING..may be 20.00 but I do pay. He was so rude and did not read me the mini miranda thing and I am still just fuming by his cockiness and rudeness. I just can not get over this company. After finding this I will be calling Att Gen office now.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Al Reynolds is a d bag 0 Votes
Was Al Reynolds the collector... That guy is a turd that won't flush...
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   A235 0 Votes
I totally agree. I myself had a medical bill that was given to The Revenue Group. I called to make payment arrangements and was treated like I was a dead-beat who skipped out on my bills. They wanted the amount in full and I said that I couldn't afford that at this time, but that I would send them a monthly payment. It's not like I chose to be sick, this is my health, not a credit card. Alfonso called my phone 3 times in a row when I didn't pick up. When I called him back and demanded to know why he called me so often, he denied it (even though I have 3 caller numbers and 2 messages from him). I understand that they are used to get money back, but they are the nastiest people.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   T-Dogg 0 Votes
I've been contacted by a Jim Ryan and a T Carter Dermot from this company. I'm trying to figure out if this is a legitimate company and if they're trying to scam me or not. I also am in the Key Bank situation with a student loan that went into default. I haven't worked in almost 2 years and am just scraping by at the moment. They want me to send them close to $8000 and have not sent me any documentation at all claiming that they represent Key Bank. I'm very concerned about what I've read online about this company.
 19th of May, 2010 by   bill-payer 0 Votes
honestly, these are all people who owe some sort of debt to someone. Who would think that receiving a call from any bill collector is a pleasant experience? Just because someone asks you to pay a bill does not make it a rip-off or complaint worthy. I have had only one bill from Revenue Group, but in doing some research of the company prior to paying them I am shocked at the frivolous complaints that are posted just because a collection agency asked for the debt to be paid. If we all misuse service such as this then it's value is completely negated.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   MaryMG 0 Votes
I have been dealing with this company for a while now. They claim that all my hospital bills have been sent to their group. Initally they have one. I have called UniversityHospital and they claim my other bills are not in collection and I continue to pay the hospital. This has been going on for awhile. I told the revenue group to contact the hospital and they will find I have been paying my bill to the Hospital. They are liars and I refuse to deal with them any longer.

Mary
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Ya Girl +1 Votes
Why do any of you deal with collectors?? I refuse to speak with them and do not deal with them in any capacity. I don't even accept their mail and return it back to them with my name crossed off with a beautiful, black sharpie endorsed, "unknown." Your debt is to the original debtor, not the collection agency. Also, the original debtor does not hire these clown collectors. They sell their chargeable debts to the debt collector for pennies on the dollar, normally in batches. Quit worrying yourself to death and dealing with these clowns. Contact your landline/cell phone companies and inquire as to how to block their phone numbers. Cox Communications has a feature on their system that allows you to block 31 phone numbers. It's beautiful. Normally, if your debt does not exceed a certain amount, not quite sure what that number is, they will not take legal action because then they accrue more charges than they really want to pay. In other words, the collection agencies don't want to invest in a "maybe." Maybe they will get paid and most probably, they won't get paid. Screw them! A friend of mine recently challenged a collection agency in court and won. The collection agency could not produce evidence that they were the owners of the debt and that they had a right to collect. Their documentation was, to say the least, pitiful. On another note, collection agencies are not allowed to charge additional fees/interest. Check your local consumer rights agencies, most of whom are online, and learn YOUR rights when dealing with these bozos. By doing so, you will empower yourself and by no means, ever, do you have to talk to anyone who disrespects your or acts stupid. Take a stand people and quit letting "the man" tell you what you can and can't do on YOUR territory! Also, quit giving out your credit/ATM debit card numbers and trusting the debt collector to "keep his/her/its word." They owe you nothing. If you make an agreement/settlement, stand your ground and tell them to send you a settlement letter. Once you receive the letter, mail them a letter along with a MONEY ORDER/BANK-CERTIFIED CHECK, not a personal check and not a credit card/ATM debit card number. The letter you mail them should state that you are sending the enclosed payment in response to their settlement agreement, which pays your debt in FULL. Also write on the MONEY ORDER/BANK-CERTIFIED CHECK, "SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT PAYMENT/ACCOUNT PAID IN FULL." This way, you have their letter with the settlement amount and proof of payment of that amount if they try to slither out of the agreement and get more money from you at a later date or if they take you to court for the same! Be smarter and you'll work less harder in the end!!
Continuing to ignore the billie goats at the collection agencies,
Ya Girl
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   zfitz 0 Votes
revenue group is the collections arm for Cleveland Clinic. They are rude. Very rude. Did I mention they are rude?(Ms. Sarah Lawrence) As l long as you pay them something each month they cannot do jack***t. You can also request that they not contact you via phone. Your debt will remain with them. If you were turned over to them after going to the Cleveland Clinic & you never got a real bill, do some further research, as I have heard from many they have a tendency to never send a real bill & then turn you over to collections. or they may mail your bill to an address you have not lived at for over a year, even when the Clinic had the correct info. if this is the case be sure to file a HIPPA violation. The Clinic can be fined thousands of dollars if they are found guilty
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   DEBBIE1965 0 Votes
I ALSO RECIEVED A PHONE CALL FROM THEM TONIGHT AND THE GUY ON THE OTHER END HAD THE BALLS TO ASK ME HOW LONG HAVE I REALLY BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB. ARE YOU SERIOUS. IT IS NONE OF THAT COMPANIES CONCERN. I ADVISED THEM TO NOT CALL ME ANYMORE SINCE I WAS GETTING ABOUT 5 CALLS A DAY. I HAD TO HAVE MY CELL COMPANY BLOCK THEM FROM CALLING ANYMORE.
 7th of Nov, 2012 by   yzerman19wingnut 0 Votes
the revenue group will call you up, refuse to tell you why they called, hang up on you and when you do your due diligence to call back to ask what the matter is regarding they simply say, "you know what this is about." i said excuse me? you called me so you can tell me what the purpose of the call is in regards to. they respond with "just stop being a d!(k and pay your bills." how can i pay a bill you wont tell me what it is? then they start really taunting you. they call you degrading names, they yell at you as if you were a child and they hang up on you if you have any questions or want to verify who they are. they say google us. i did. and boy am i glad i found out im not the only one who thinks these people are out of control.
 8th of Feb, 2013 by   Oust 0 Votes
I can see how people can be against collection agencies, but first and foremost, most people know what their insurance will and will not cover. If you don't, you need to find out before seeing a doctor or having a procedure done. Now, i do understand that isn't always the case especially in an emergency. Hospitals don't have the capacity or the "money" to collect on outstanding accounts so yes they do sell them to outside agencies to collect. If you don't want to talk to an agency, the best thing you can do is contact the provider directly BEFORE it gets to the collection agency and make arrangements through the provider themselves. Keep track of all correspondence and get in writing what the provider will offer you so if it does go to an agency anyway, you can handle the situation. BILL COLLECTORS have no right talking to anyone the way they do. If you do not like the way they are talking to you ask to speak with a supervisor, if they can't get a supervisor, write down their name, type up a letter, send it to the billing office, send it to the BBB and don't take calls from that number again. Not all agencies are bad, and Revenue Group is a legitimate company. I have researched them extensively and have made several calls to them and have followed them through the BBB. Again, do your research for your bills before they get to the agencies. This will not only help you in the long run financially, it will also give you peace of mind. Oh and one more thing, when you go to a hospital as for an HCAP. This is a healthcare assurance program which looks at your income and sets a certain rate of repayment.
 10th of Mar, 2013 by   Jodell1212 0 Votes
Everyone needs to realize that you NEVER owe a debt COLLECTOR ANYTHING!!! They purchased the debt for pennies on the dollar with the hopes that out of the thousands of accts they purchased they will scare at least 60% of the people into paying them something since most people do NOT know the laws concerning debt collectors! This is why after several months you will receive a letter saying that they are authorized to settle for half of what they said you owed. No one authorized anything they chose to try anything to get something out of you! I am not saying that you don't owe the money to the ORIGINAL creditor, HOWEVER you do not owe a debt collector anything even IF they are an attorney which lots of them are since they are unable to make money practicing regular law they will start a debt collection company. You NEVER contracted with the DEBT COLLECTOR, therefore you do not legally owe them a dime!!! There are laws in which a debt collector must send you written notice within 5 days of contacting you stating what and who the debt is about, once you get this letter you have 30 days to dispute the debt with them SINCE you NEVER had a contract with them. You dispute by sending them a letter (look for debt validation letter templates online by googling for them, then fill it in, always send your letter by certified mail with return receipt) asking them to VALIDATE the debt, they need to send you a copy of any contract they have with YOU which will then give them the right to collect from you. Do not let them fool you by sending you copies of your statements, a doctor bill or anything else along these lines these are NOT Validation but verification that they purchased an acct from the original creditor. However they can try to collect but it is up to you to prove that they do not have the right to collect a debt from you. You need them to provide you with a written contract that you had with them stating that you would pay them X amount of dollars for whatever it may be. If they do not have a contract with you they need to stop trying to collect on this debt with you. The debt validation letter will state that UNTIL they can VALIDATE the debt they need to stop all attempts to collect the debt. If they continue trying to collect the debt by calling you or sending you more letters you can them sue them for $1000 under the FDCPA and if they call you repeatedly on your CELL phone only, you can sue under the TCPA for $500-1500 per call. You must keep a list of every call they make to you with the date and time. They are not allowed to use a auto dialer which is nothing more than a recording that pauses and says your name and such. We need to all learn the laws and stop allowing these bottom feeders to intimidate us and scare us with their tactics and such! Its also a good idea to check your credit report and see if they are on there too, if so you need to send a certified letter with return receipt to each Credit Bureau that lists the debt collector and tell them you are disputing this entry. All the info you need is avail online it just requires us taking the time to know our rights. They keep us busy with sports, tv and life so that we dont see just how they are breaking the laws. Sometimes if the debt is several thousand dollars these debt collectors will sue you in court and try to attach your bank acct, make sure you never ignore a letter from the courts there are ways of dealing with this and proving that you dont owe the debt collector, but you must take the time to learn how it all works. I have collected several thousands by suing these debt collectors under the FDCPA and the TCPA for them breaking the law. ALWAYS make them PROVE that you owe them, don't think because they send you a letter that you truly owe them...that is like me sending you a letter telling you to send me $1000...you dont know me and have no clue why I would be asking you for money, therefore you need to look at it the same way with these collectors. We have been CONDITIONED to just pay them because they send us a piece of paper, it is so sad how we have just rolled over and obey like we have been taught to do since kindergarten when we were told to stand in a straight line and follow the rules. Its time THEY follow the rules tooo!! I wish you all the best! Jodell
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   Angela, canton 0 Votes
I agree this revenue group is a complete joke. I also have loans through key bank and cant believe they would have them represent them. They are very unprofessional and completely rude!! Evan Bronson was completely out of line to me on the phone and made me feel like a five year old child-I was actually in tears on the phone with him. Asking me what my job is, how much I make and then asked what I blow my money on. I then told him I do have other bills-he then lectured me again like I was a child. He then asked why I would EVER sign a loan and asked if I even read things when I sign them. Then he told me I only have two options- 1) to pay $1, 300 a month(which I can't afford) or 2) take a loan out from some other bank and pay them off with it. First off, I said why would I get ANOTHER loan?? And second you JUST asked me how much I make and it didn't even come close to that. Finally I just let him talk/lecture and we ended our conversation. My mom who is my cosigner for the loan called and asked to speak to the supervisor. He was almost more rude than Evan. My mom said that he was harassing her daughter and he said "they do what i tell them to do" and said to my mom "you're trying to make me threaten you" their was no getting around this guy. She also told him we didn't appreciate that on the letter they sent said we were ignoring them, we were NOT ignoring him (which he kept saying we were) and we wanted to make a payment, we were trying to make an effort, just couldn't afford $1, 300 a month but we can do $100, he then said " if I received that check on my desk, I would laugh" and then hung up on her. After reading everyone else's reviews I feel a lot better I'm not the only one who thought this. They need to be reported for harassment.
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   Lookie Louise 0 Votes
It is illegal for Hospitals to negatively impact your credit, SO the Revenue Group as well as other collection agencies that are contracted by The Cleveland Clinic, University Hospital and others. They cannot damage your credit with it, HOWEVER if you never ever pay and your bill gets sold to another agency, THEY can report to the bureau and damage your credit.
The Cleveland Clinic will work with anyone. They have no interest payment plans for 6 mo- 1 year. If your bill is over 1000.00 they have contracted with a lender that will offer a super low interest loan. It isn't through the Clinic, it's through US Bank. If you can't do any of these options, you can pay whatever you can every month and they will accept it. MAKE SURE TO CALL every other month so that they can prevent it from going to the collection agencies. They are happy to do that but you must communicate with them.
It's not their job to remember your payment so take it seriously and keep the lines of communication going.
ALSO you may qualify for financial assistance. Even if you don't fall under the income guidelines, ask for them to send you an application anyway. You never know...
 30th of May, 2013 by   th!sman 0 Votes
Read here http://debtsmanship.com/medical.html
Then post your questions at debtorboards.com
 23rd of Aug, 2013 by   Ttt777 0 Votes
In April 2013 I called The Revenue Group in Beachwood, Ohio and asked to have a balance of all of my outstandings bills they have for me and a pay off amount and to make payment arrangements. There was quite a lot of bills from Lake Health from medical care from when I broke my neck. (Keep in mind I sent all the papers needed to Lake Health for hardship that they needed to lower my bills because I did not have insurance at the time, and somehow they were never enough and they even misplaced them once, so I was turned over to The Revenue Group). By the end of June 2013 and some large on time payments I was told everything was paid in full. I questioned over 3 times, are you sure I have paid everything off with you I owe. Repeatedly she said, yes, yes, yes. You do not owe us another penny for anything. You have paid everything in full. I am going to send you the paperwork proving it and we have 2 months to report it to the credit agencies. I felt elated. Finally, getting back on my feet. Today, August 23, 2013, I called Lake West pay a recent bill for radiology. Thankfully I have insurance now. So when the lady at Lake health billing answers, she says, "we'll, what bill do you want to pay off, you have them going back to 2002 (that's when I broke my neck & was told by Revenue Group I was paid in Full).? I said those were all paid off in June of this year. She said, well, they were suppose to let us know. I paid my bill to her for the balance of what insurance didn't cover and called Revenue Group to have them set everything strait with Lake West. The woman gets on the phone and looks everything up and says you have a balance of $5, 588.40. I said that is not possible. I was told in June I was Paid In Full beyond a shadow of a doubt. The woman said, well, sorry, she forgot some. She added, it doesn't happen often, but it did this time. The other person just didn't know where to look. I swear all the ones she brought up were the ones I was told were the ones I paid off. Now I have to match up account numbers to my papers I was sent from the first girl. I called the Attorney General Collections Enforcement Agency at 614-466-8360 to see what can be done about this. Any suggestions anyone? Please help.

The World's Most Insulting Fees