logo

Reseveratrol Ultra

Posted:    Tom Richards

Deceptive Scam

Resveratrol Ultra
Resveratrol Ultra AND, from having since checked, several other companies are running a scam for "free trials" of various resveratrol products -- Resveratrol Ultra is the one that scammed me. You see recommendations of resveratrol (NOT the products being shilled by the crooks) from "60 Minutes" or "Dr. Oz" etc that are made to look as though they are endorsing the product. Even if you notice the fine print that the products aren't being recommended, you have nothing to lose (you think) except the shipping charges which I've seen range from ninety-nine cents to $5.95. You provide your credit card number, get billed the advertised shipping and handling fee, and receive the product as promised.

Then, it happens. You get: a) billed $87 for the FIRST bottle (i.e., your free trial) and -- if you don't notice that on your statement, you are shortly thereafter billed for a second "auto-shipped" bottle. Where was anything about either mentioned? In regard to the billing for the first bottle, I still don't know. That appears a naked theft without cover of even fine print. The autoship, however, comes under the "Terms and Conditions" -- a small print hyperlink that appears at the bottom of the line.

Resveratrol Ultra, allegedly from Hollywood, Fl., is billed from GBR and 866-955-8523. You can discontinue auto-ship from the thick accented Indians you'll reach at that number, but it's best also to close and reopen your credit card account under a new number. As for a refund, you can -- if you persist long enough -- be told that one is in the works and to call back again in two days (for yet more hassle and delay). I doubt that you or I will receive one. It appears to be a delaying tactic until the crooks move on to avoid prosecution.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jun, 2009 by   Sincerely Don't Do It!! 0 Votes
Reseveratrol ultra is a scam, please check into this before placing your order to avoid being ripped off. You will never get your money back, everything this company represents is a LIE. Thank you to the first comment person I will be closing my account before anymore damage is done.

Sincerely don't do it!!!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   FaeryKiss 0 Votes
I am in the dispute process with my bank right now. Hope this works!!!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   FaeryKiss 0 Votes
I canceled right after I ordered. Some telemarketer called me to "confirm" my order two days after I placed it online. I told them on that phone call, which was supposedly recorded, NOT to charge me for anything except the $.99 and then I hung up on them. For some reason they cannot find the recording, have no record of their telemarketer calling me, and certainly did not receive my cancellation. What a ripoff. Does anyone have the address to "send back" my "free" trial? I could hardly understand the Indian "supervisor" on the other end of the phone.

Thanks!
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   L. Mc 0 Votes
Yes, this company is a total sham! But keep persisting and insisting on your refund. I finally did receive my refund after about three weeks of constant calls. I told them on numerous occasions that their company engaged in dishonest practices and I would alert the media if I didn't get my money back. It worked. I did finally get my refund and the account cancelled. But it's just disgusting that you have to even deal with a company like this in the first place! Buyers beware!
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   Lesteen 0 Votes
They sent me an empty box! Then I called them to tell them to cancel, They sent me nothing, and I never wanted to receive anything from them...they said they had to ship a correct shipment and then I need to return it. I said dont you DARE send me anything. I asked to speak with a manager. Was put on hold a while, and the same girl got back on trying to disguise her voice and said they were charging the card now! for 87.13 while I am screaming dont you dare !, and she says at that point, in 2 days someone would contact me about how to get a refund! I am so dumbfounded I cant even explain. I fell for a package deal of Dermapril and Resveratrol, and they are both trying to steal my money. I called Chase, and told them I was part of a scam, and before I said the name ...they said Resvertrol and dermapril. Could be one of the worst messes that I have ever got myself into. DO NOT ORDER THE FREE SAMPLE!!!
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   moonlady 0 Votes
They did the exact same thing to a friend of mind who ordered for me as a gift -- what a scam!!! I thank you for your comments and feedback. I will be SURE to follow up with them -- again and again -- to get the refund!!!

Bank Cards Scams 2