logo

NetSpeand
Wont give me my money
4. (21 mins ago)
Netspend Prepaid Visa Card
Ripped off my money placed a hold on my account
5. (21 mins ago)
Lashea
lack of service & stolen money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Republic Bank Refund Department, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - IRS Refund Direct Deposit and Professionalism

Republic Bank Refund Department Contacts & Informations

Republic Bank Refund Department

Posted:    angel44240

IRS Refund Direct Deposit and Professionalism

Republic Bank Refund Department
Kentucky
I hadn't received my direct deposit to my bank account on the 29th of January as the IRS stated I would. I contact my bank, Zions Bank, and they said if I could get a tracking number for the direct deposit and have it emailed or faxed to them, they will post it to the account asap. I talked to my tax preparer and he gave me Republic Bank's phone number- I called Republic bank and it literally took me nearly an hour just to get someone on the phone, and I was routed to tech support. Tech support transferred me over to Customer Service. A lady answered the phone and I told her my situation and she was outright rude and nasty with me. She kept repeating herself, over and over, stating I would have to wait 1-4 Business days before I can get my refund money. I, once again, explained the situation and told her what my tax preparer told me, and she started screaming at me over the phone. I asked her many times if I could please speak with her supervisor or a manager, and she kept refusing. Finally she said, "Ya know what ya idiot, I'll let ya talk to someone who is going to tell you the same exact thing!" She put me on the phone with one of her co-workers named John (after about 10 minutes of placing me on hold). John got on the phone and asked me if I was deaf, if I didn't hear what the lady before him said. I could tell it was one of the people from their call center, and definitely NOT a manager. He finally said to me, "Ya know what, 'F' off!" and he then hung up on me! I called Liberty tax again and told Ryan, from the Kent, Ohio office, about what was said and he said he's been hearing alot of awful things about people dealing with them. He even agreed that they are very nasty people to deal with. Are banks actually allowed to treat people like that??
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2010 by   nevaeh1234 0 Votes
have you recieved your refund yet i am still waiting with the same issue and they have been extremely rude to me also
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   angel44240 0 Votes
They have our money, however they cannot provide a trace # to anyone simply because they didn't even deposit it yet! They've lied on several occasions, provided false information, and caused plenty of damages to thousands of people nationwide. I am now filing a Class Action Lawsuit again Republic bank for their negligence.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   angel44240 0 Votes
also, I almost forgot, if you go to yahoo answers, you will find thousands of complaints from alot of P!xsed off people! I've received hundreds of emails for people wanting to join the Class Action Lawsuit.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   Cosmic Trucker 0 Votes
There's no excuse for rudeness, but it is helpful to keep in mind that the problem usually is with the receiving bank. The banking rules allow your bank to delay posting deposts to you account for up to 48 hours. Many bank will use your money during that time to make money for themselves. Direct deposits from the tax refund processing banks are usually sent the day before the IRS date for the refund but many times the banks don't post for 48 hours and since that runs into the weekend it is often the next Monday before the money shows up in your account. That's something your bank will never tell you. They'll always push the issue off to the sending bank, knowing full well that they have your money.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   emily s 0 Votes
If they do not have my money to me by Feb. 5, as I am supposed to have it, I will be pissed. I did not get a loan from them. They did NOT advance me my money, I simply agreed to have the funds for the efiling taken out of my tax refund, which I will NEVER do again! I can't believe all of the problems people are having w/this. I would make a complaint to the better business bureau. I would also record any phone conversation with them. Even if you aren't lie to them & tell them you are recording the conversation. Did you guys get yours? How long did it take to receive it.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   Willowlu +1 Votes
I am in the same boat as everyone else. This is horsesh*t.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   OTWEETY811 0 Votes
Filed mine jan.22 was accepted on jan.24 . still no refund today feb.12 . whats strange is on republics statement page it says 1, 200 was deposited on the 5th.my refund is 4881.00. So wheres my refund? what are the doing?iWILL GLADLY FILE ACTION AGAINST THEM, ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE, , WILL REPUBLIC BANK STILL DEDUCT FEES FROM OUR MONEY.. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BECAUSE WE DID NOT GET A FAST REFUND.
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   Jbess 0 Votes
IRS confirmed our refund was DD into the account on Feb 12th. We used a tax preparation service that uses Republic Bank for their deposits. Though we had other circumstances delaying our refund since Jan 21st, all has been cleared and IRS confirmation of deposit was received. We have been calling since the 12th and still they show no deposit. We have heard the 1-4 day response and now we are being told that we should wait until this Friday (the 19th) for that to be deposited. I am a little confused as I cannot understand how a DD from the government would take a week to show in their bank. I am very upset that no one can seem to find out where our refund is. If it is not showing up at RB by tomorrow morning than I will be calling the IRS to help us track our check.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   4nicolettt 0 Votes
I've been told to make a formal complaint you can call the FDIC 800-378-9581. I've never had this kind of trouble getting my refund. I was also told by the federal reserve that they have all the info to do a trace for you. Shows the transaction, account info, time stamps, if it has hit your bank. I will be calling and insisting on a trace. Hope some of this helps.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   Lookwhosgotit +1 Votes
It amazes me that people don't take the time to research the situations they get themselves into, or to read the information that is printed in front of them. However, they spend time complaining in forums like these on what should have happened, or they don't understand why they haven't received there money yet. I've been filing my taxes for years through the Republic TRS program, and have never had a problem. Why because I know and understand whats going on. For those of you that don't, let me school you a little. Republic does nothing out of the ordinary, having fees deducted from your refund is a convenience and you will be charged for that. You could have paper filed and waited 21 to 28 days or until the IRS decided to send you your refund, but you chose to efile, which is another convenience, because the 8 to 15 days sounded better and whether you file online or through a tax preparer you'll be charged for that.

All Republic does is wait for the IRS to issue your refund. Once the IRS issues your refund Republic deducts the fees to pay to your preparer and then sends the Refund minus fees to your Bank to be deposited into your bank account. Transactions between banks is done in the form of ACH (Automated Clearing House). When you hear it mentioned that Republic sent your money to the "Federal Reserve", all that means is that Republic has released the your funds via ACH to your Bank to give to you. Now depending on how YOUR bank process ACH's it can take up to 1-4 business days for your money to post to your account. This doesn't mean that YOUR bank doesn't or haven't received the funds from Republic, it just means that YOUR bank hasn't released the funds to your account.

Now the question you may be asking is why? This is because the bank receives all of its ACHs in batches (large groups), the bank will usually deposit the batch into a central (interest bearing) account and hold it for 1-4 days to draw the interest. Now if we want to complain about anything, it should be about that practice right there. Now the $2500 I was suppose to receive from my refund may not be much, but if you hold enough deposits from enough people for an extra day or two, you can make a pretty penny.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   roadogg2 0 Votes
My daughter and I used Taxact.com to prepare our returns and we agreed to have the funds taken out. My daughter was supposed to receive hers on February 5th, She received it on The 3rd of February and has had no problems, since our bank is meta bank they have no hold time on transfers. They do it all in real time, so when the federal reserve releases it, it hits our account within 10 minutes. The 1-4 days is for each individual institution. My payroll used to go in on Tuesday afternoon and it would be in my account Wednesday, so check with your institution as to why there is a hold for that long. Sometimes if your a B**ch to them they will contact their ach department and speed up the process. I have still not received ours but that is because we had other issues with the irs
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   ric12345 0 Votes
republic bank is sorry as hell, rude, disrespectful
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   ccwick +1 Votes
Nothing but problems with liberty tax and Republic bank. Waiting on refund that was deposited by the irs but no sign of it at my bank. We had fees deducted from our refund which is a HUGE Mistake!!! Never let a third party get involved. Don't go to liberty tax in Hilliard Ohio.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   MCLTDCREW +1 Votes
I will never choose to go this route again when doing my taxes.I will pay up front and just have the IRS direct deposit my refund.I have got nothing but A RUN AROUND WITH THIS PEOPLE.BEWARE they willl not tell the truth they will lie and say what they have to so they can get you off the phone so the next caller can deal with you..MOSST of the people I talked with were very nice but now I no they to were also lieng.And today I had a very very RUDE guy cuss me out, he would not even let me talk!!! I am the costumer right? Well now I have an honest answer cause they are MAILING my refund to me since they DEPOSITED my money in a WRONG ACCT!!! TEN THUMBS DOWN FOR THIS BANK.
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   kimzZzlocks 0 Votes
I filed on March 5 at Liberty Tax. I am having an issue too. I filed 2 years at once and I thought that was why I had not received it.(6841.00) The IRS told me they have released my check, yet it has been 30 days since I filed at Liberty Tax, 7 since IRS say they released it, and Republic Bank is already calling me expecting me to start very high payments for my RAL. I wanted to wait on my refund check to pay them, but from what I am reading here, I may never get it from either of them. I had no idea that Liberty tax was in with such a disorganized company. The girl hasnt been rude yet but pretty much let me know she could care less that I havent received mt refund. I dont mind paying a little extra, since I did get 1500$ up front, but not sure what to do if I never receive my refund. I only took the loan because I knew I was getting money back, not to start payment plans for money I dont have.
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   kimzZzlocks 0 Votes
Please someone post if they actually RECEIVED their check after 30 days!
 5th of Apr, 2013 by   becca2908 0 Votes
republic bank was supposedly mailing my daughters check february 15th, 2013. Never received it, it is now april 5th. Waaaay past the 7-10 business days. we cancelled that check and they supposedly sent another march 22nd, guess what? still no check and this is the 10th business day, I will NEVER use them again for tax returns.
 13th of Sep, 2013 by   F.Po 0 Votes
Ive been waiting for my refund since March, 2013. Ive called so many times the IRS, i cant remember. First hey said that they were going to search for the check. It took eight weeks. Called eight weeks later, the person that spoke to me, told me that the check had it republic bank and that i should contact that entity. Gave me a phone number. Once again, i call the Republic bank. A girl answers the phone and transfers me to surprise, Automated service. I called again and what they told me in resumed words, that my case went to another office and that there was a letter being sent to me letting me know how much was going to take and else, but unfortunately, he could not told me. I wait eight more weeks and call again. After a back and forth that didnt lead to nothing, he advises me to fill out a FORM; which is ridiculous way to solve things when i am saying that the check is missing and of course that i NEVER RECIEVED THE MONEY.
Four days ago, i gave in and called again . After being on hold for about 30 minutes; i get the most illiterate person picks up my call. First of all, it sounds really unprofessional picking the phone on speaker, that is if he was not being monitored. Second, he only repeated what he saw probably in the partial notes; Republic Bank has it. He never read the other notes, or even understood what my situation was. He kept me on quiet 2 to 3 minute gaps and just repeated what i said or just the "Republic Bank has it"; i ended up hanging the phone on him.
I decided that i had enough and im deifnitely going to the tax offices to try to talk to someone.
I dont understand how dificult it is to the Internal Revenue Service to give back clear information about ther standards. I am an adult and i understand, this has been enough. I work, i get big amounts of money taken out of my salary that i gain either im sick or dying, and they cant fix that . Totally dissapointed. Ive already played my part.

3 Ways to Get Free Checking