logo

constant telemarketing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Rent.com, San Diego Complaints & Reviews - $100 reward "missing"

Rent.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Kelli

$100 reward "missing"

rent.com
After being promised $100 from rent.com for signing a lease with my apartment community, Archstone, it's been 4 months and I haven't seen it. They claim they mailed it but strangely enough, it never arrived. Also, they emailed me today (after several emails from me to them) that the card expires today so I should call immediately. Then they gave me a fax number instead of a phone number.
No apologies, horrible customer service, a complete scam.
Comments United States Apartments Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2009 by   Rent.com +2 Votes
Kelli, we were saddened to hear that you never received your $100 reward card after reporting your lease! We think that is one of the things that helps Rent.com to stand out from the rest of the online apartment search websites, and it's unfortunate that it didn't arrive as expected!

Based on your description, we're not sure what email would have been sent to you, asking you to "call us immediately because the card was expiring"? This may be too little, too late, but we wanted to provide you with the proper phone number and email address for our Renter Support team here at Rent.com. You can reach our Renter Support team using one of the following methods:

Phone: 866-432-7368
Email: rentersupport@rent.com

Please accept our apologies and contact our Renter Support team - perhaps there is still a way to resolve this situation.
 13th of May, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
P.S. We currently have one of our Renter Support team members researching your lease to see why the card never got to its destination. More to come!
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   Damn Mad -1 Votes
I started to apply for my $100.00 reward card about 3 weeks after I moved in. I saw a notice that stated applicants should wait at least 30 days, from the day they move in, before applying - so I waited.

When I applied the second time it was 2 months and 12 days from the day I moved in, and I was informed that I applied too late. It seems that you have to submit your application within 60 days of moving in or you are disqualified; but they don't want you to apply until you have lived in the apartment at least 30 days - who has time to keep up with these foolish requirements.

If I was not presented with a notice that I had to wait at least 30 days before applying, I would have submitted my application the 3rd week after moving in.

I believe this company, now owned by E-bay, has intentionally created this policy to make it difficult for people to remember to apply. The real insult is if you apply late, they will still take all the information they need from you before informing you that you do not qualify. They then go to the apartment complex you are at, present them with the information you have given, and request that the apartment complex pay them. They can only request payment from their clients after you inform them that you have moved in, that is why they offer the $100.00 reward. Is this a scam?

If this company is legit, they will send me the reward card. If not, then you can add this complaint to the one above.
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to correct a misunderstanding regarding the $100 reward card program. Lease report forms can be submitted any time after a lease is signed, either before you move into your new apartment, or within and up to 60 days after you move in to your apartment. There is no requirement that you must wait 30 days after move-in to submit this form. For more information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page posted here:

Please contact us any time at 866.432.RENT (7368) Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Rent.com welcomes the opportunity to speak with our customers personally and to resolve their issues in a fair manner and to the best of our abilities.

Rent.com Marketing Team | FindYourPlace [at] Rent.com
:: (p) 310.449.6400
:: (f) 310.828.7683
:: (e) findyourplace@rent.com
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   gitmo234 -1 Votes
I reported my lease in February. After complaining AGAIN about not recieving the $100 gift card. The website says it was "in process" and I got an apology email for the delay. Today it says I've never reported a lease at all. I tried to look up my ID number 9979309 but there was no way too.

Now after doing some research it seems there are TONS of people who never get their reward card. Lots of websites calling it a scam. About another week or so and I'll commit to never, EVER using them again, or maybe even using the website and NOT telling the landlords I did at all. It's just a waste of time.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   ReneeS -1 Votes
To: rentersupport@rent.com

I rented an apartment in Lakewood Colorado in July. Filed my claim to get my $100. First my account "did not count" and I had to refile. Then it showed as paid (it was not). Then they mailed it (it never got here). I called 2 weeks ago again, and rent.com said it would get to me in 5-7 days (it did not).

I am mad. Wasted a lot of time. I have decided to contact all the companies that use rent.com and let them know how the renters are not receiving their $100 incentives. I am also considering an internet complaint and BBB complaint. Just tired of people not doing what they said they would.

Renee, sargentweim@aol.com, lease #14654979
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
To: ReneeS

We are sorry this has been a frustrating experience for you. We looked into your complaint earlier today. The “paid” status listed on our website related to your lease report refers to the date the reward card was issued- it then can take up to a week for the card to arrive in the mail (depending on postal schedule). Our records show the $100 Visa debit card was originally mailed on 7/29/09. We then received a phone call from you on 8/27/09 stating that the card was never received. At that point, we cancelled the $100 Visa debit card and reissued a new $100 Visa debit card on 8/30/09. When the new card was mailed, we sent you an email stating such, but the email address we received from you appears to be undeliverable. One of our customer service agents spoke with you earlier today and obtained a corrected mailing address from you. Your $100 Visa debit card has been reissued today and will be sent to the updated mailing address.

Rent.com Customer Support Team | RenterSupport [at] Rent.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: (f) 310.586.9557
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
To: gitmo234

Did you ever receive your $100 reward card? Please call us at (866) 432-7368, and we will investigate if you have not received your card.

Thank you!

10th of Sep, 2009 by   gitmo234 +1 Votes
I did indeed. You helped resolve it favorably. Thanks for providing the service on these boards
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
To: gitmo234

Glad we were able to help resolve the issue! Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any additional questions or concerns - you (or anyone else on this board) can email us at either rentersupport@rent.com or findyourplace@rent.com.

Thank you!

11th of Sep, 2009 by   Damn Mad -1 Votes
Glad to see someone got their problem resolved, now when are you going to send me my $100.00 reward. Being 12 days late in submitting my request didn't stop you from contacting the rental manager for payment, which you received. You got your payment, now I am entitled to mine!
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
To: Damn Mad

We are very sorry that this is frustrating for you. If you are willing to provide us with a little more information regarding your lease, we can research it and find out more details about your reward card. Do you happen to have your Lease ID#, or could you provide us with your name, the name of the property (including city/state) you moved into and your move-in date?

You do not have to call us, you can just communicate with us via email if it's easier for you.

Please let us know - the quicker you can send us additional details, the sooner we can work on a resolution for you.

Thanks in advance!

20th of Sep, 2009 by   Damn Mad -1 Votes
Are you people purposely trying to irritate the hell out of me. I once again applied for the reward, per your request, and again you said I did not qualify.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   LOST FAITH -1 Votes
to the scammers "rent.Com"
I have been waiting since you guys sent my activation code in sept for my reward visa card.! it is now almost Dec. has never showed up and I believe you will never do so. I have submitted my complaint to the BBB and my state attorney general.

Who is getting the visa cards? I bet its the employees of e-bay its their bonus for job well done. does my apartment management have to pay you guys something? Thats what my state is checking into.

NEVER NEVER EVER LOOK AT RENT.COM FOR A APARTMENT THAT IS MY ADVICE!!!
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
To: Lost Faith

We are very sorry to hear that you are frustrated and we would like to resolve this issue for you. Typically, it takes about 8-10 weeks from either your move-in date or the date you report your lease, whichever is later, to receive your reward card (see our Reward Card Policy: http://www.rent.com/company/reward/).

If you wish to check on the status of your reward card, please call our Customer Support Team at (866) 432-7368 or email them at rentersupport@rent.com.

30th of Jan, 2010 by   billynukka -1 Votes
After waiting 2 months and getting nothing regarding my reward card, I finally decided to check up on it, only to find that rent .com says that my landlord had supplied them with documentation saying my referral was something other than rent.com. I have spoken with my landlord and this simply is not the case. I made sure when I signed the lease that I said over and over, rent.com for my referral. I am now seeing that this truly is a scam. It's $100, it's not the world to this company, but for somebody like me, who has a minimum wage job, it really helps pay a bill or two.

Brian
Lease #20730740
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Andrea Lopez -1 Votes
I too feel I have been scammed. I thought i did everything right. I found the place I currently live through Rent.com. Was under the impression Rent.com can see what places online you have checked out by looking at your browsing history as stated in the rules they gave.

Moved in january of this year, and submitted my information to get the $100.
Just recently got some bogus email stating I wasnt eligible since my apartment complex states I didnt notify them I found them through Rent.com

For one, my apartment complex never asked me if I was referred by anyone. I had just happened to mention when I walked in, that I came from an apartment complex across the street and that they didnt have the type of apartment available that I was looking for.

Aparently when Rent.com contacted my apartment management, they told them I was simply a walk-in.

I can see how this is a little scam to give reason not to pay out money. Perhaps Rent.com should be a little more clear as to all the hoops you have to jump through in order to be eligible in thier opinion.

Seems like they are trying to use any tiniest excuse to not have to hand out these $1oo cards. Wondering if anyone at all ever ends up with them?
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
Hello Andrea, we are sorry that you are frustrated but the $100 reward card is not a scam. We have issued over 1 million reward cards to renters who have followed the three steps on our website: Find, Tell and Report. Telling the property you found them on Rent.com is very important, and in your case it sounds like the property may have gotten the impression you walked-in from across the street.

Due to Rent.com not being listed as your sole referral source, you are not eligible for the $100 reward. If you feel this is a mistake, please clear this up with your Property Manager directly and then have them contact us at 877-943-7368 x500, Monday – Friday from 7am – 5pm PST. To date, we have not received an updated status from your Property Manager on your behalf.

Once your property manager has verified your referral source was in fact Rent.com, we will be happy to continue processing your reward. If the status of your reward changes, you will receive an email confirming the updated status.

Rent.com Customer Support Team
(p) 866.432.7368
rentersupport@rent.com
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Rent.com +1 Votes
Hello Dave, we are sorry that you are frustrated but the $100 reward card is not a scam.

Due to Rent.com not being listed as your sole referral source, you are not eligible for the $100 reward. To resolve this, please have your property manager contact us directly on your behalf at 877-943-7368 x500, Monday – Friday from 7am – 5pm PST. To date, we have not received an updated status from your Property Manager on your behalf. As you mentioned, they have a referral source which was listed on the guest card by someone in your group and it's not Rent.com.

Rent.com Customer Support Team
(p) 866.432.7368
rentersupport@rent.com
 7th of May, 2010 by   C. Blake -1 Votes
I am Chris Blake (Lease ID #21355169 ). I have tried three times to get my debit card from rent.com and once again, It did not show up. I would suggest that rent.com removes the $100 claim because it just makes apartment hunters not trust them or their apartments they display. If the apartments only show up on rent.com, I tell my friends to bypass them.

Beware of Get Rich Quick SEO Scam Artists