logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.anytime-movies.com
Their trial is fake and they took money for it
2. (4 mins ago)
hellfire gun dogs
bad breeder that posts fake complaints
3. (4 mins ago)

Posted:    Stanley

Awful experience

Rent A Center
rentacenter.com
I rented a playstation 3 from Rent a center. IT was for 63 weeks at like 33.00 a week or so. I lost my job at about at about payment 38. I was going to give them their ps3 cause i couldn't afford it. They started there strong arm and talking tough collection practices. I decided to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy since i was falling behind on everything else. My father is a practicing bankruptcy law for over 30 yrs and he filed on my behalf. Rac was listed as a creditor. They come to my house when my 1 yr old son is sleeping and start knocking so hard knocking pics of the wall and ringing my door bell consistently. I have had enough of this crap from them and confronted them on my front porch. The one manager there starting cussing out my wife which is not going to fly then start cussing at me. I told him he needs to contact my bankruptcy lawyer and that he is in violation of the automatic stay and they we are calling the cops cause you refuse to leave. He tells us are bk lawyer is wrong that you cant file bk on us. He continued on saying how he has worked at rac for 8 yrs and know the laws but he didn't know what a automatic stay was nice one. he continued on saying how he was going to take me to court etc. The cops finally did arrive and made them leave after blocking our driveway. I cant believe that someone that has a high school diploma to get hired at rac would have more knowledge than someone with a law degree and been a practicing attorney since 1973. My lawyer did file a lawsuit against rac. I did win against them and the judge said that the state of Missouri considers this a 'executor contract' and can be eliminated during bankruptcy. I got to keep my items and Rac was to pay 6k into my bankruptcy to disperse between my creditors. I later found out the manager got fired. These bozos bark is bigger than there bite it might cost you a ittle money but it was worth every bit to punch them right back in the mouth. DON'T BE SCARED OF THEM.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I recently rented a living room set from RAC. I was hesitant about renting it after a friend of mine told me that they delivered a bed to him and brought *** roaches into his house. I have been a very good costumer for over 10 years. I spoke with the manager and he assured me that it was the other store that had delivered the bed (there are two stores in my town Hornell NY) He also assured me that the problem was taken care of. Last night a little over a week of having the furniture I noticed a bug crawling on my wall heading to a swag hanging on my wall. I yelled to my husband that I wanted to know if this was a *** roach. He is from mexico so I knew he would know if it was or not because I didn't know what they looked like. It sure was and it was carrying eggs. I was so pissed I tried to call the store but it was already closed this was just last night and today is Sunday and they are not open. I don't know what to do because I had them take away my old furniture when they brought the new furniture. I know that they will send someone to get rid of them but its the fact that they are not doing there jobs for something like this to happen. I am not paying to have these disgusting bugs brought into my house. I plan to go to the papers and to the health department regarding this problem. Who knows how many other people have had *** roaches brought into their house and don't realize it yet. They obviously have an infestation in there store especially since my furniture came directly from the store floor. I would like to know what the policy is supposed to be when an item is returned to the store. You would think that they spray the stuff or do something knowing that there is a possibility of something like this happening. When I am done letting people know what is going on I will be surprised if anyone does business with RAC again!!!
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   sonny 0 Votes
i honestly hope that no one takes your bad advice. the contracts are actually lease agreements. the reason you were allowed to keep the merchandise is because they violated the stay order. if the manager had been educated, he would know that all he had to do was appear at a discovery hearing where creditors make their claims, and you would have had to return the merchandise. his violation left it up to the discretion of the judge as to what to do. on another note...you may never rent again as most rent-to-owns share information like that. you had to file bankruptcy, so you screwed a lot more people than just rent-a-center. rent-to-own companies are set up for people just like you. unfortunately it seems that you are shady in all of your dealings. good luck with that philosophy...thief
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   RAC10yrs 0 Votes
In washington state i was a manager for 10yrs and had the manager just went to court the PS3 would have to be returned. If you rent a car and try to claim it in a bankruptcy you think you could keep the car? It is a lease not a secured credit so go ahead and try to claim bankruptcy on RAC any educated attorney will tell you you cant. If you cant afford it rteturn it. What you did is steal and i would call you a thief!
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   illuminati 0 Votes
The fact that he already paid 38 payments x $33.00 a week which =$1254.00 for a $599.00 PS3. The judge would have had serious issue about rent-a-center trying to recover such merchandise. Anybody that definds Rent-a-Center is either an employee or an idiot. There are law suit agaist rent-a-center all over the country for good reason.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   fedupclient 0 Votes
This named Marcus Ross from Marshallville Ga who works at the Rent a Center in Fort Valley Ga is a very strange guy. I went in to look at furniture to rent and after filling out my form he must have written down my phone number because he called me asking me out on a date. Not to mention he is big and fat and just nasty looking and there are rumors he is a child molestor and likes giving oral to men. I contacted the headquarters to report such unprofessionalism. I mean who writes down customers phone numbers for their own personal benefit. What a stranger funny dude.
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   ndacloset 0 Votes
WHAT A STRANGE WORLD WE LIVE IN MY FRIEND TOLD ME HE WENT TO RENT A CENTER IN FORT VALLEY AND THIS MAN NAMED MARCUS ROSS TOLD HIM HE SELLS ITEMS ON THE SIDE BECAUSE HE HAS 2 CHILDREN AND NEEDS THE EXTRA CASH. I MEAN WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND TELLS PEOPLE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THAT THEY STEAL FROM A PLACE THEY WORK AND SELLS THE STUF FOR EXTRA CASH. HE SAYS HE TOLD HIM HE HAS A LITTLE GIRL AND AND A NEW BABY BOY IT WAS JUST CRAZY. WE ALSO HEARD HE IS A DOWN LOW BROTHER. LIKES HAVING SEX WITH MEN AND PERFORMING ORAL SEX ON THEM. WHAT EVER YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION IS...IS YOUR BUSINESS BUT U DONT DO THAT ON A JOB WHEN A POTIENTIAL CUSTOMER IS TRYING TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. I TOLD HIM TO CONTACT MANAGEMENT. WE BROWSED THE WEB AND THIS GUY HAS SEVERAL "GAY" WEBSITES WITH HIS PHOTO POSTED. DO COMPANIES SCREEN PEOPLE BEFORE THEY HIRE THEM? AFTER HE CONTACTED THE HEADQUARTERS FOR RAC, THEY ASSURED HIM THEY WILL LOOK INTO THE THEFT MATTER. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ABOUT THIS RENT A CENTER LOCATION IN FORT VALLEY GA.
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   jessica pineda 0 Votes
i rented to own its been a yearand a half and they charged me double for my stuff and they was stealing my money they kept half for them and also my balance wouldnt go down always the same up in till recently i made them write down my balance everytime i made a payment so its goin down finally. they laughed in my face and mocked me when i said i was gonna sue for what they was doin to me they didnt care. rent a center are thiefs.

5 Tips for Your 2009 Tax Return