logo

Scam ?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Reba management/Coral Resorts, Hilton Head, South Carolina Complaints & Reviews - "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau

Reba management/Coral Resorts Contacts & Informations

Reba management/Coral Resorts

Posted: 2011-03-15 by    ChrisCA

"F" rating with the Better Business Bureau

Reba Management/Coral Resorts
Hilton Head, South Carolina
I was stalked by a guest for 48 hours until I could catch the earliest flight out, forgoing my entire week vacation. Reba Management was unwilling to assist me in a way that would ensure my safety at their resort when other room locations were available. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which Reba Management responded to in a letter implying that my story was fictitious so that I could be upgraded to a stand alone “cottage.” This is completely untrue! I requested on two separate occasions within 24 hours of checking in that I be relocated to a location that this man would not find me as he was stalking me, trying to enter my room, repeatedly running to my car door when I entered the parking lot, and standing outside my living room window. The front desk staff was rude and unconcerned and informed me that I could be downgraded within my resort location. I didn’t care, as I only wanted to be safe. When I pulled into the parking lot again, he ran to my car door. When I wouldn’t open the door he began motioning me to get out of the car. The maintenance men witnessed this and intervened. Within 15 minutes of being in the downgraded unit the man was standing at my living room window. I called the front desk again. Again, I was told there was nothing they could do to accommodate me. Because the man clearly had targeted me, and Reba Management was unwilling to assist me in a way that would ensure my safety when other options were available, I changed my airline ticket to the next available outgoing flight (an additional $300, as my ticket was nonrefundable). I lost my entire week of vacation, the exchange cost of the resort and the additional costs to change a nonrefundable flight. Reba Management was unwilling to compensate me or reimburse me in any way. Furthermore, their reply to the Better Business Bureau indicated that I was simply trying to get an upgrade. Regardless of how Reba Management replies to the complaints posted, what is most important is that they have an “F” RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.
Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Reba management/Coral Resorts complaints
Reba management/Coral Resorts - Bait and Switch

Comments

15th of Mar, 2011 by   Retired traveler13 +1 Votes
They could care less about your safety or a return visit from you or your friends. They had your $$$ in their pocket. That's all they cared about. To do anything else would have required the staff to get up off their behinds and actually do something. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You can be sure we won't ever stay at a place like this that doesn't care about your safety and well being.
 13th of Jan, 2014 by   Martha Fitchett 0 Votes
Have never been treated as poorly by hotel staff. They were rude, laughed when I complained about their property 'Park Lane Hotel' Entered the room when specifically requested that they not as we travel with a small dog; Then told me about my dog but not who had to catch her when they let her out. They hit us with $185 in extra charges at check out. Did not even ask if we enjoyed our stay, they did not care, only cared about the extra charges...

Chinese Nuke Scam