logo

RealEstateExpress

Posted:    erin04

Inaccurate content, horrible program

American School of Real Estate
I recently moved and needed to get my real estate license in my new state. I signed up with this program and was immediately disappointed. It was HORRIBLE.

The content was often inaccurate and incomplete, and did not at all prepare me for the test. When I contacted the company, I received some of the worst customer service in my life. The people that work here are rude and do not care about their "students." All they care about is collecting money.

DO NOT sign up for any course they offer on their site www.realestateexpress.com or any other site owned by them (I have heard they change their name to make it harder for people to make claims against them).
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010 by   Beulah -3 Votes
How could anyone not pass this course? I took their MO course and it was great. Customer Service Reps were great to me. This worked out great for me. I say call and find out for yourselves. Maybe the school isn't the problem?
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Dannie10 0 Votes
Beulah must work for RealEstateExpress. Erin04 is on point. I agree with the original complaint. My "instructor" never responded to my questions so I stopped trying to communicate. The questions on the quizzes, exams and finals were often ambiguous and not clearly written. Course content was often contradictory and inaccurate. I have a Chemistry degree from an Ivy League institution. I beg to differ that "I" was the problem as Beulah has insinuated about Erin04. Someone with a better command of the English language needs to step in and rewrite the test questions. The school was definitely the problem. It was a very disappointing experience.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   o't matthew +2 Votes
I am currently taking the course (April 2010). I agree that some test questions might be written better, and I have suggested that to my 'instructors'. They have responded quickly and positively via e-mail. I have had positive, helpful experiences on the telephone...first when I investigated which program to enroll in, and later when I had follow-up questions.

I'm curious if Dannie completed the course and sat for the license test. I have been involved in real estate as a rehabber for 8 years, so I have a working understanding of terminology and concepts. I've closed on the purchase and sale of about 20 properties. As I read some of the course material, I often think that if I were approaching this program without experience, I'd be awash in confusion.

So, Dannie, if you're out there, did you finally finish the course? Did you sit for the test? Buelah's point about passing the 'course' isn't nearly as important as passing the state test!
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   Wasabiholics -2 Votes
I'm an educated and well read guy who decided to take this course in California. All I can say is that this course is a complete and utter joke. I'm nearing the end of my Real Estate Principles course and feel I've learned next to nothing. What you prospective buyers of this program need to understand is this... This course was clearly put together by this company with no real care or heart and only to make easy money with a slick website and good marketing. Trust me, the way this is written will confuse you. It's abundantly clear that the designers of this course gave absolutely no thought to the idea of 'educating' its students, rather they just put together a course (if you can call it that) that would meet the bare minimum DRE requirements for approval to be sold to the masses looking for a bargain. There is no love, no care, no heart in this course at all. It's basically just a list of definitions and list after list after list of terms. There are very few practical examples written in the material. I am going to finish this course because I paid for it (regrettably) and it will give me the credits I need to take the RE exam. HOWEVER - I'm frustrated that I will have to buy books and exam materials on top of this in order to prepare and study for the real state exam. This course will do NOTHING - I mean NOTHING to prepare you for the exam.

Donny
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   Beulah +1 Votes
Anyone who is educated will know that these complaint boards represent the smallest part of the population, not the majority. For every 10 people that are happy with what a company does, there is one that isn't. The happy people will tell maybe three people. The unhappy person, statistically will tell 12 they are unhappy. For the complaints received, how do you explain the mass majority of people that take the course, pass the exam without any problems. Is the majority of the population smarter than the lesser? I work in customer service for a publishing company. I didn't know anything about real estate and passed my state exam the first time. I can't believe people have nothing better to do with their time except capitalize on their complaints and their entitlement. Why does this company have an A+ rating with the BBB? Have you called your state's commission? Just because you didn't pass doesn't mean it's everyone elses fault. Be accountable. That is what is wrong with our country in a nutshell. It's everyone else's fault, no one is accountable, it's all about me. What a legacy!
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   Beulah -1 Votes
For the record, because of the industry I'm in, I have a Google word search email that shows me when certain information is posted. I do not hang out in negative environments.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   Ratran +1 Votes
I don't know why people are complaining about this course. It is a lot of information to learn, but that the nature of the beast. I admit I am not a fast learner, but I learn when I put effort into it. You can't just read the information and expect to remember all the material. No course is perfect, especially when you choose one at low cost. They give you the information and it is up to you on how will use it to learn.

I found a discrepancy between the information in the laws and the material I was reading. I asked the instructor about it, she answered very quickly and with a little research I found that the law on the government website was not updated, and Real Estate Express was correct.

I took the final and barely passed, but that was because I rushed through the material to finish the course. I bought another book on Real Estate and some exam preparation books, too. I am using those books to get another source to learn. I am determined to pass the state exam on the first shot. For some people a classroom environment works best for them.

I went to a top 20 university, even my professors gave lousy exam questions. I kept track of my quiz scores and avg. lousy 72%. One quiz I got a 40% on another I got 100%. Yes the questions can be confusing and frustrating, but for me I would want to have the class quizzes and test be hard. Then when I take the state, it would a lot easier. Would you rather have easy quizzes and tests for course? Then find out that state test a much harder? I sure wouldn't.
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   eicarg +1 Votes
I agree this school is a scam!!! I did not pass exam and they refuse to refund my money. There are better schools out there people... don't believe the lies Real Estate Express tells you "Pass or Get your Money Back"... what a crock!!! I wish I would have researched this course better.
 31st of Jul, 2011 by   aktony +1 Votes
I am a professional educator who decided to pursue a career in real estate. This course is a waste of time and money. Poorly written material which has to be printed off their site and costs $$$$ in paper, printer ink, and time. It would have been far better to study and less expensive to have received a couple of textbooks. I do not think I'm going to waste much more time with this even though it means losing the money I've spent. It is too frustrating to slog through their poorly designed material and print reams of paper, much of it with only one or two sentences on a page. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS JOKE OF A COURSE.
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   debbie.a.h +1 Votes
i previously took an online real estate course through a college in texas and paseed with a 4.0. I then moved to Florida and had to re-take it. i was comepletely disappointed with the course. When you pay to take a class it should be a program based on the the laws of the state...not general information about it and then links and web pages with the laws and statutes of that state. I have always enjoyed learning and i cant stand this program. i want an exact outline of the information i need to learn, at the tip of my fingers. I do not want to have to go to 3 different websites to take a class and find the information that i need to know and hope its right. this course is a joke...i reccommend doing research on better and more thourough courses before purchasing anything. i wish i had. $300 down the drain...and they only give you 6 months to finish and there are plenty of other courses that give you a full year. they also make it to where you cannot get a refund once you open the course...which they do not tell you until after you purchase...and you do not know how it is structured unless you open it.
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   Natasha Richard 0 Votes
Thank You Guys For Saving Me Money!!!

I was about to pay for this course. I'm currently disabled and am getting disability, but who could live off of $700 a month? Especially when you have a child like I do. So I'm looking for a new career, one with minimal office time and I can make my own hours for days when i just can't pull myself together. I figured real estate sales would be good choice. I saw realestateexpress.com and it was the cheapest of all the sites i'd seen. Well, i think i'll shop around a little more after hearing all these complaints.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   jmsplummer +1 Votes
Thanks for the reviews. I was just about to pay for this course, however a company with this many bad reviews can't be all that good. I think I'll just go for a local RE exam prep school. And @ Beulah they have a B rating with the BBB. For all there complainants of poor service.
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   Cpay21 0 Votes
Yay!!! Thanks to everyone that saved me money! I can't afford to waste money, hard times people! I think @beulah works for them!
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Ms.Chatter 0 Votes
This company is just horrible. In the advertising (my state is PA) they say that I'll have to take a proctored final. It's not until you PAY for and OPEN the course (once you OPEN the course, you can't get your money back - which is ridiculous because it's only when you OPEN the course do you realize how confusing and horrible the course is!). There is NO student forum board. There is no LIVE INSTRUCTOR to "guide you every step of the way." It wasn't until I opened the course that I read that there is a total of 3 exams that have to be proctored in the state of PA. I thought I'd done my research on this company but obviously, I didn't re-search far enough. I'm a paramedic and have taken anatomy and biology courses that were easier to understand . Oh, and the "on-line" text book that comes with the course? It's written by one of the owners of the school. I know plenty of real estate sales people who are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier and yet they passed. Please save your money. Call some local real estate people and find out where they went to school to obtain their license.
 23rd of Feb, 2013 by   Hate This School +1 Votes
This school was terrible. I am a licensed agent in AZ and passed the school test with a 98% the first time. It was also given to me in an online format, but I had to go to a Brokers office to do the class online. they do not allow online schools for a real estate licensee in AZ. The online school that I took at a Brokers office was great. Outlined and very informative and interesting. I got a lot more info and a lot less crap..in an organized way. This school didn't even go over how many sq feet in an acre or how to measure. The school in AZ was not open book. I am getting my CA license now and can do it online..and guess what????Its open book!!! Well I passed all 3 the first time, but it took me the full 3 hrs and I guessed most of the way. So yes I passed ...with some good guessing and an AZ license. I will need to buy a real book and study from another school before I take the State test. Its like they put all the needless information out there and had a computer randomly go through their needless pages and pick questions. I am sure most of these questions will not be on the State test. YOU MUST STUDY FOR THE STATE TEST AND STUDY HARD!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2013 by   Hate This School +1 Votes
If I had gone to a better school...I would not have to start from the beginning in preparing for the exam. I am an agent. I know what to expect. I know you must study hard. I have done that!!! With this school...you have no idea what to study or where to take notes. I only passed because I have some experience, but still felt lost. More than wast5ing your money..Please don't waste your 135 hours. You will not save money!!! Take my advice and find another school. I have never put a negative post out there, but I hope this will help.
 15th of Mar, 2013 by   Al2020 +1 Votes
This school is TERRIBLE!!! Save money - do not go there!!! Go to your local school, pay the price ONECS not TWICE (for local and RExpres) and get your license fast. RExpress is a whole bunch of losers in RE business. They claim to be professional, but they NOT!!!
GoodLuck.
 29th of Mar, 2013 by   Micastillo 0 Votes
I decided to go on groupon for a dinner and stumbled upon the promotion for the Success Package ($119.00) the school was having. I turned to my boyfriend for consolation and he responded with "research it". Found this thread. I was so close to purchasing but thank goodness I didn't. Will definitely not buy! Know your motivation to write these did not go in vain. Thanks all.
 7th of May, 2013 by   rolldangtide14 0 Votes
Can somebody direct me to a "good" website or school to get my license?
 7th of May, 2013 by   gettingaround 0 Votes
Contact other realtors in your area and ask them for advice. Why are you on a complaints board asking for advice?

Wi-Fi Scam