logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
WMV*WWW.MATCH.COM/BILL
Unauthorized charges made on my debit card
2. (16 mins ago)
Balanced Media Services
They took money from me – no info about this scamming company
3. (28 mins ago)
USPS
RUDE PEOPLE AT USPS
4. (28 mins ago)
Prestigeskate.com
Blocked access to seller’s profile
5. (36 mins ago)
Garcina Cambogia & Digestit (Colon Cleanse')
Unorauthorised Deduction from my Visa Account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

READER'S DIGEST PAYMENT PROCESSING CENTER, Prescott, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Sending products and bills never ordered

READER'S DIGEST PAYMENT PROCESSING CENTER Contacts & Informations

READER'S DIGEST PAYMENT PROCESSING CENTER

Posted:    Nancy

Sending products and bills never ordered

Reader's Digest Processing Center
PO Box 50005
Prescott, Arizona
Phone: Can't find one
These people keep sending boxes marked free gift. When you open the box there is some cheap toy or something and a reader's digest condensed book. Then a few weeks later you get a bill from them. My husband says, I already paid for my subscription to Reader's Digest, so we look for a number to call. No number given, so we go to rd.com and there is no information on how to contact anyone. I have written them a nastygram, but have gotten no response. Meanwhile I get a letter saying our bill is past due and they have been so nice not to make us pay in advance, so we need to pay up. Still no way to contact except address above to which I sent my letter. I think everyone who has had this happen needs to get together for a class action lawsuit.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Dec, 2008 by   fad4507 +2 Votes
The same exact thing happened to me, just today. I am going to get to the bottom of this. What did you do?
 16th of Dec, 2008 by   leroy431 +2 Votes
Give me a telephone number so I can them to stop sending me stuff I didn't order and I agree we should get together and file a law suit.

LeRoy Anthony Flores
 25th of Jan, 2009 by   Bill Newman +3 Votes
Readers digest has done the same thing to me billing for sometihing I did not order as well as billing several times for renewal during the year,
Customer service Phone number 1-800-304-2807. I will not renew my subcription or order from them or any other company they are associated with.

Bill Newman
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Mary +2 Votes
I have just recieved a Mind Strechers book yesterday..
I had purchased one and paid for one.. now I am getting more in the mail.. I sent back returen to sender yesterday.. Please do not send anymore.. Cancel my order whatever do not send anymore.. Mary Lukins
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Mary +2 Votes
I called today the number listed here and got a great response from Readers Digest.. they fwd my call to book dept and gave me number should I be disconected.
. They have assured me all will taken care of.. Mary Lukins
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   T Graham +2 Votes
I rec'd a package in the mail marked free with a invoice for 30.15. Has anyone been able to get this stopped? I refuse to return this at my expense. Thanks for posting this so everyone can see. T Graham, TN
 30th of May, 2009 by   SusanB +2 Votes
I hate Readers Digest. Could only find a customer service number after finding you guys!
Their payment system ww.rd.com/paymybill that is on my Select Editions bill doesn't even exist on the internet!
I found this customer service number (1-800-304-2807) from you guys, and was transferred to their book department and a polite woman finally canceled these damn books.
If anyone needs Select Editions canceled...1-800-463-8820
NEVER will I buy anything form Readers Digest again.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   carolann1208 +1 Votes
Yes, we called the 1800 463-8820 number, he said the books were a series we ordered when we entered the sweepstakes - I dont even remember entering...but if we did we wouldn't have ordered this. He said the first book was free but we got a bill and that the bill was for the second book... uh... we only got one book... so he was going to have me return it but then said since it was only my first book we could just keep it and he credited the account and "canceled" the subscription. which I never subscribed to. So - just call the number and tell them you didn't order anything.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   Dislike Reader's Digest +1 Votes
Thank you for the phone numbers - finally! Researched online for an hour to find these numbers. Can't find through Reader's Digest. They said they sent me books I never ordered. Said the same thing - that I entered a sweepstakes and asked for them. I'm always careful to mark "NO ORDER" when doing that. I used to love reading the magazines. I'm now going to cancel that order bacause I'm so mad over the over-due bills that keep coming in and I complained three times. They promised to have a manager call me back - never happened. They now have a collection agency harrassing me 10 times a day. We have outstanding credit and are worried this will put a blemish on our report. Pissed off and never will buy from them again.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   C Scholten +1 Votes
I subscribed for a free book, which I received, and subsequently wrote a letter to cancel to the Reader's Digest Select Editions service. There was no phone number listed on the promotional material. However, another book followed a month later, promptly followed by an invoice for $30.31! I searched for a phone number, and found it - 1-800-463-8820. The man was polite, and cancelled my subscription and charges without too much fuss, however it was annoying that I had to find the phone number myself (not included on the billing statement), and that my letter was ignored.

Contact Details are:

Readers Digest Select Editions: 1800 463 8820
Readers DigestMagazine: 1800 304 2807
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   GaryB +1 Votes
I just spent 30 minutess looking for www.rd.com/pay..Glad I found this page. I was trying to pay for something I don't remember ordering.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   Vickyj +1 Votes
Their bill paying site does exist and here is the link:

copy and paste to your browser and it should work. It works for me.
Vicky
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   silvy +1 Votes
I don't know why you are sending me a bill when I called several times and speak to your representative . this is the account # 00230528580. Please STOP sending me bills for something I never received.

Name : Sheila Ferguson
Address : 164-26 108 Dr
Jamaica N.Y. 11433
Thank you for looking in this matter.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   PstrJo06 +1 Votes
I accepted an offer to try a new book with the option of cancelling if I did not wish to continue the subscription. I just received the book today and definitely do not want to continue. (I suspect I already have all the books they would be sending.) I was helped immediately by 2 very courteous agents. We will see if there are any further results from this encounter but so far so good. However, we also have a subscription to the magazine and it does seem as if they bill continuously. So, who knows, maybe the pay-off will be that we actually win the sweepstakes. :) Best to all.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   Mrs. Richard Fewell +1 Votes
I have been subscribing to Reader's Digest for over 40 years, but in the past two years, I have been receiving past-due notices consistently for books that I have not not ordered or have not even received as yet, and this infuriates me that I should get "amnesty authorization" notices from RD when I haven't even received the product. We live in Hawaii---they send books to us by a slow boat to China---we receive them 6 to 8 weeks after they are shipped, but we get the past-due notices 3 to 4 weeks after the books are sent. How can I possibly pay for a book that I don't even know that was sent to me!!! This last notice from the Credit and Collections Dept. will prompt my immediate cancellation from all Reader's Digest products. I will not accept any books, letters, envelopes or anything else that vaguely has the Reader's Digest name on it!!!
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   david romero +1 Votes
Judging from the number and types of responses posted here, it seems abundantly clear that Readers Digest is blatantly scamming the consuming public by subterfuge and deceit. I just received a past due notice with an ultimatum of either paying up or being dunned by a collection agency for some books I neither ordered nor received-- or would've even wanted, in the first place. I called 1-800-463-8820 and talked to a representative who, after trying a last ditch sales pitch for the books I was fraudulently being billed for, agreed to resolve the issue and informed me that the matter was now taken care of; the so-called "order" was cancelled and no payment is due. How kind of them. How wondrously, genuinely kind. Frauds!
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   how2bu2 +1 Votes
I called 1-88-304-2807 and got the magazine section. They gave me 1-800463-8820 for the book section, where I was able to cancel my account and they gave me the return address to mail their "S#%T" back to them to receive credit for their bill. I did`nt sign up for this, I just entered a contest!
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   Robert Kaiser +1 Votes
My problems with Reader's Digest started perhaps six months ago, when I ordered a "crossword puzzle book from them. I immediately sent payment, but the next month, received a duplicate book, with "past due" stamped on the invoice. I wrote several times, each time getting no response, and their late bills continued. I offered to send the book back to them, and they finally stopped on this issue.

Last month, I received a CD which I had not ordered. I felt that since I had caused such commotion with my previous billing, that perhaps I should keep the CD and pay for it, which I did. Now today, about six weeks later, I have received yet another CD that was unordered. This time "DUE" in big red letters appears on the outside of the package. I finally was able to contact a customer service rep, and she suggested that I mark it as "Refused" and take it to the post office. The kicker here, is that the Post Off says that they are authorized by Readers Digest to simply crush the CD's returned. Thus, you have no proof of ever returning the product. The customer service rep finally said that she will issue a "mail back" label that I should receive within 10 days. We'll try that. But bottom line is, Reader's Digest seems to be running running a fraudulent operation that should be stopped. I WILL NEVER order additional products from RD!
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   daisywillow +1 Votes
dont send any more of these darn books did not order any of them,
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   C.Cirino +1 Votes
Turning them in to Better Bussiness, never ordered the books or asked for them .They are a very fraudgulent company Had the same complaint as every one wrote in about.

The World's Most Insulting Fees