logo

Asianet
quality of program
4. (27 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
5. (28 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Raymour & Flanigan, Manchester, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Warranty?? Yea right!! RUN and go to Bob's!!

Raymour & Flanigan Contacts & Informations

Raymour & Flanigan

Posted: 2011-02-01 by    Missyboo

Warranty?? Yea right!! RUN and go to Bob's!!

Raymour & Flanigan
50 Hale Road
Manchester, Connecticut
Phone: 860-648-2988
OK, we purchased the Natuzzi leather sectional APRIL 27, 2010 for over $4k and the Magnussen Home lift top cocktail table for over $400 WITH the Platinum Protection Warranty for another $300. Well, Well, JUNE 3oth we had the table replaced due to the finish coming off. And THAT was due to plain weekly cleaning using products such as Pledge as Raymour & Flanigan recommended. NOT!! The so-called "solid wood" finish came off and that had to be replaced 2 months after we purchased it. At the same JUNE 30th technician visit the corner piece and the armless piece of the secional had like NO filling/stuffing in it on the top cushions so THOSE pieces had to be replaced as well. They bring me new pieces but this time, the pillows were so over stuffed with filling/stuffing that it was horrible looking!! I refused to take them but the tech guy told me to take them now and in time the large puffiness will go down and look normal and match the others. We waited and waited and got through the holidays without any aggrevation and NOW, we Fwd to JANUARY 19th when I had the next tech guy come out because of the same problems with the "solid wood" table finish coming off AND the same 2 sectional pieces. The filling/stuffing was still SO huge and puffed ut and it never went down AND the the other piece lost the filling/stuffing on the top of the corner of it again!! The tech guy tried blaming it on my animals. UMMM, I have a dog gate not allowing any of the animals in the living room and he knew that but to try and void out my warranty he noted that the dogs puffed out the section and caused the filling/stuffing to loose itself on the other piece. THAT is absurd when the dogs aren't even in that room to begin with. I requested another tech guy to come out and take a look and he did on JANUARY 27th and this time the tech guy told me that in fact he DID see that the cushions looked odd with the over stuffed filling whereas the other guy a week before said that he didn't notice anything wrong and then changed his mind and tried blaming it on the dogs. On FEBRUARY 2nd the overly rude customer service girl calla me yet again to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my furniture and that they WON'T be replacing it. She kept stating to me that I should keep the dogs off of the furniture!! She went on to say that pet hair voids out the warranty as well as the pets being on the couch. I told her that I knew what she was trying to do, trying to get my warranty null and void but I explained over and over and over again that the dogs DO NOT go in the living room and that is why there is a gate that is closed and locked. I told her to point out anywhere in the warranty contract where it says that pets are NOT allowed on the furniture AND where pet hair VOIDS OUT the warranty. She refused to answer me. Now, I'm headed to small claims court because we purchased a warranty that is not being upheld but not only that, that they are not acknowledging the manufacturers warranty which is in effect for the firat 1 year before the protection warranty takes effect. I explained to the customer service agent that because the same problem keeps happening, that I am being delivered pieces in this condition and made to believe that I have to keepo them that after 3 times of the same complain a lemon law policy can brought into effect and she ackknoledged that as well and that is why they will not use the manufacturers warranty for the 2nd time because they don't want me to be able to thenuse the protection warranty for a 3rd time warranting the furniture to go into a lemon law act.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2011 by   Missyboo 0 Votes
The delivery company IS responsible. SUE them. Unfortunately, I have to do the same with Raymour & Flanigan.
 2nd of Sep, 2011 by   RFsux 0 Votes
Did you ever take it to small claims? If so, how was the outcome? I've read so many bad reviews about R & F online and am surprised I can't find any about lawsuits against these theives. I wish I had checked reviews out online before ever doing business with this sheisty company.

How to Get a Free FICO Credit Score