logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Raymour & Flanigan Complaints & Reviews - Lie, lie, lie!

Raymour & Flanigan Contacts & Informations

Raymour & Flanigan

Posted:    scarey

Lie, lie, lie!

I purchased an entertainment center (4 piece wall unit) from Raymour & Flanigan for delivery on 7/3/06. I was called the day before to confirm a delivery window of 1pm-4pm. At 4pm on 7/3/06, still no delivery - so I called the Oakland, NJ customer service center. The customer service rep said they were trying to locate the truck - the stop ahead of me was also calling wondering where their furniture was - and she would call me back. At 5pm, I hadn't received a call, or my furniture, so I called back. The same rep said they were at stop 6 and I was stop 8 - so they should be there by 6:00pm. She also said she was crediting me back the delivery charge (which I have not yet received - and am not holding my breath for). At 6:45, I called again because I still hadn't received the furniture. The customer service rep said the truck was "definitely" on it's way and should be there within the hour. At 8:30, the truck FINALLY showed up - and one of the audio piers for the unit was BROKEN. I immediately called the customer service center again and they said they would arrange for an exchange on 7/8/06. I said fine. The delivery men left both audio piers, TV stand, and the still-packaged bridge/shelf which would be installed by the exchange team on 7/8/06. Later that night, my boyfriend and I decided that we should open the bridge/shelf package to make sure there was no damage to those pieces - turns out, the shelf had a big gouge in the front and was also missing hardware. The customer service center was already closed for the night, and was also closed the next day (July 4), so I called first thing on the morning of 7/5/06. I explained to the customer service rep the situation and she said they could also deliver an exchange bridge/shelf to me with the new audio pier on 7/8/06. I was happy with that. A customer service rep called me on 7/7/06 to confirm delivery on the 8th, and I specifically asked whether the bridge/shelf were being exchanged along with the audio pier and she said YES. But then, on 7/8/06, the delivery team showed up with only the audio pier - no bridge/shelf replacement. I immediately called the customer service center, and the rep said that they had me down for a technician to come fix the bridge/shelf. I explained that that was not what I had agreed to and confirmed already, and it didn't take a technician to see that there was no way to fix the gouge in the wood, to which she replied that she 'could not take my word for it'. I further insisted that I wanted the NEW furniture that I PAID for, NOT 'fixed' furniture. She went on about their policy and claimed that I had arranged for service not an exchange on those pieces - which was simply not true. After much, much arguing - I told her that I wanted the delivery men to take all the pieces back and I wanted a refund. She called back a few minutes later and told me she could do the exchange on 7/11, without a technician verifying the damage. I told her I was NOT taking off another day of work, and they needed to deliver after 6pm. She said they couldn't do that - so I told her again that I wanted the delivery men to take all the furniture back. She called me back again, and told me she spoke to the Delivery Manager, and they could arrange a Special Delivery for me on 7/11, after 6pm. I said fine. About 2 hours later, a different rep called me to confirm the delivery window on 7/11 between 6pm and 9pm. Fine. On 7/10/06 I received a call to confirm delivery on 7/11 from 2pm - 5pm. I said, NO - this is NOT what was agreed to AND confirmed! The service rep said there were no notes in the system about the special delivery and that they absolutely could not deliver after 6pm. I argued with her, and then later talked to the Customer Service Manager, SIERRA, who told me that no such special delivery arrangement had been made (basically calling me a liar) and was there another time I could take delivery. I said I was absolutely NOT taking another day off of work to sit and wait for them. A whole lot of arguing later, and all I got was that they will try to make me the first delivery stop on 7/15/06 with the replacement pieces. They will call 2 days ahead of time to confirm the delivery window - which I'm already guessing will not be early morning as I requested. Bottom line, this Company's customer service will only LIE, LIE, LIE to get you off the phone. They don't document anything in their system, so you have to go through the whole story with everyone you talk to. The only reason I even agreed to take a third chance on delivery was because based on the incompetence of the people I have spoken to, and the utter disregard for customer satisfaction, I could only assume that if they DID take the furniture back, I would NEVER get my money back from this Company. DO NOT BUY FROM RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN - IT IS NOT WORTH THE TIME, ENERGY, OR FRUSTRATION (NOT TO MENTION THE MONEY PAID FOR SHODDY MERCHANDISE).
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of May, 2007 by   Angelina Morello -1 Votes
I am glad I read the complaint. Now I know that I will never shop at Raymour & Flanigan.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by   cmc 0 Votes
This company does not stand by their products. The Store manager and Sales Staff are nice until they have your money in their hands and then they will not help when their is a problem. We are waiting three months for our 5,000 set to be fixed. In the meantime, it has damaged our brand new floors. Theresea Mar. from the Farmingville store told us "I'm here for you if you need me". We have tried to contact her several times and she told the receptionist she is too busy. What a hurtful and rude sales rep. We will never shop at Raymour & Rlanigan again.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   Antonia Torres 0 Votes
I am currently experiencing a bad deal with this 'family oriented, quality' furniture store. Too bad their customer service is the contrary! I am stuck with a mattress I did not order (the sku was entered incorrectly by the store attendant) and because the mattress had been delivered (even though I claimed the issue within 3 weeks of discovering I had the wrong mattress) they could not do anything for me! I am disgusted with the little effort by the store manager and sales associates and 'the' Regional' manager they dealt with to supposedly help me come to a deal. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN AGAIN EVER! I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! I WILL MAKE SURE TO MENTION THIS TO ANYONE WHO MENTIONS SHOPPING AT THIS STORE! I WILL MAKE SURE THEY KNOW THEY WILL NOT BE RESPECTED AS A PERSON, LESS AS A CUSTOMER AS THEY ONLY CARED ABOUT GETTING THE FIRST DEAL AND ONCE ITS IN THE CUSTOMERS HANDS THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR SATISFACTION! THIS HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I have been treated better at lesser priced furniture stores!
 8th of Jul, 2007 by   Joe 0 Votes
Raymour and Flanigan is horrible. We were told the day we purchased all of our furniture that we could have it all delivered the following saturday, and that everything we saw in the store was in their wearhouse which wasn't far from the store. A few days before we had a different company calling to schedule a delivery, and we find out that the bedroom set we ordered was not coming from raymour, but from some company in Toronto which only delivers mondays and wednesdays. This was on a thursday, and they said the following monday was was already booked up, so much for their 3 day guaranteed delivery.

I decided I would inconvenience myself and take the day off wednesday to wait for the 2nd delivery of my furniture. Saturday the couches, mattress, and table and chairs were coming. We were told between 8-12, most likely closer 8 or 9 am so we went to the apartment and they didn't arrive until 12:15. They bring the furniture in, and we noticed one of the couches had about a 6" gash on the side, and the other couch had a scratch on it as well. At this point were pretty aggravated after being jerked around about the delivery of the bedroom set, so raymour said if they delivered new couches, the people would only bring them in through a door, not a window or from the balcony sliding door as we got the other couches in. The store manager said to send everything back, and cancel the entire order. Great customer service huh? This was at the Farmingdale NY store, Mitchell was the manager. I'd never use them again, and ill be sure to inform everyone i know how they run their business.
 11th of Aug, 2007 by   Joe Smith 0 Votes
I am SO glad I've read these comments. I am shopping for a ton of furniture and now know to pass right by Raymour and Flanigan. I HATE companies like this!!!
 23rd of Aug, 2007 by   Eric Randolph 0 Votes
THEY SUCK!!!! 3 days or less is a scam. They deliver on the 3rd day so that you can no longer void the contract. I ordered a dining set and when it was delivered it looked black in my house yet brown in the store. Ultimately, I did not want it because it did not match the rest of my furniture. They refused to take it back, cannot return there. I explained that I would exchange it for something that did match and they refused. Hate that store. They attack you at the door like vultures!!!!!!! Very rude lady with short hair and glasses. Supposed to be a "higher up" too boot.....
 25th of Aug, 2007 by   Mike G 0 Votes
They totally suck. 3 times before the item was undamaged, and the delivery guy gave us an attitude (said that he had as much experience as their tech guys) and questioned the exchange. DO NOT BUY FROM RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN!
 7th of Sep, 2007 by   Bruce K 0 Votes
I have purchased from this company and found nothing but high quality furniture. We had only one problem with a chair and they took care of the problem quickly and professionally.
 19th of Sep, 2007 by   P.C 0 Votes
This company is terrible. I too had issues with a delivery service. They were over 2 hours late delivering (3 days of this crap), however when I complained they did take of the $90.00 delivery charge. I also had two damaged chairs and the delivery men didn't want to take them back however with my big mouth and attitude they didn't have much choice, I asked one of the guys, did you purchase this table/chairs, he said no, I then said well then if you want to give me 1800 bucks then leave the crap here otherwise, take this crap out of my house, they too said that someone would come out and repair the chairs, however what the hell, do I look stupid to you I said, why on earth would I purchase something brand spanking new and then wait for someone to come out and repair when you people mess it up are you crazy and Raymour wants me to pay top dollar and have a "repair" person come out...Yeah right, take these chairs back now...They did...then I ended up having trouble getting the New two chairs re-delivered so like this woman, I called told them to come and pick up all the furniture, I too was also told they would deliver at special time etc., that too was not true so I waited and waited and I really got pissed this time I called said to come pick up all this crap, they too tried to say I couldn't return it and I told them if they didn't come and get it I would personally bring it to the store and drop it off at the front door...The next day they came out pick up the other two chairs/table and refunded "ALL" my money....I'll never shop there again! If you want satisfaction, it terrible to say but be a BITCH, keep demanding your money and you'll win...
 7th of Oct, 2007 by   L. Browdy 0 Votes
I purchased a floor sample from Raymour & Flanigan. I had to since anothe furniture company took 50% of our money and never delivered. I was told that the floor sample was "as is", which was fine, however I found it not believable that furniture that would be used in a showroom not have protective coating since more people would be sitting on it then in a home. Within a few days the fabric imediately started showing spots. I called the company and was told that it didn't come with a protective coating and since it was a floor sample there was nothing they can do about it. I told them I wasn't looking for our money back, but if they could send someone from their company to clean it at a charge to me and shield it, as well it would be greatly appreciated. I told them several times that I would pay for it. All I was told was that it was a floor sample and there was nothing I could do about it. I asked them what would happen in the future when all furniture needs cleaning and a protection. They didn't seem to care. I researched everywhere on line to find a cleaner that would rectify our situation. I couldn't. Never in my entire adult life have I ever experienced a fabric that one couldn't clean. My husband and I are now looking for new furniture. You can't make this up. Oh...and as for the other store Thank G-d my credit card company went after them. They are now out of business. As for Raymour & Flanigan...it's just a matter of time for them if they continue to sell garbage and not stand behind their product.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Irate Customer 0 Votes
I recently received several pieces of furniture (dresser, chest, etc...) from Raymour Flanigan's Build-a-Bear collection. The leadtime on this furniture was 8 weeks, due to the fact that it was manufactured in China. In any case, the toxic smell coming from this furniture is unbearable. My child has been forced to sleep in the guess room as a result. We have tried every concoction under the sun to eliminate this odor. Nothing seems to work. In the interim, Raymour and Flanigan have been notified about this issue. However, they had no viable solutions and/or comments. My next step will be to make an appearance on their showroom floor to publicly voice my concerns.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by   B. Harrsion 0 Votes
I purchased a leather sofa from Raymour & Flanigan and told the salesman that my front door was narrow. I was told that it would not be a problem, and that they would take the legs off of the chair. However, when the delivery men came they did not have the tool to remove the legs. Therefore, they told me to reschedule to have the sofa delivered. They attempted to deliver this sofa three times and on the last day the delivery man told me he did not have time to remove the legs from the sofa, and therefore, they were going to take the sofa back to the store. I called the store while they were putting the sofa back on the truck, and spoke to a customer service rep who called the delivery men on their cell to ask what the problem was. the delivery man told the rep with me standing there,that he did not have time for this, and that he was not going to remove the legs from the sofa. the delivery man was very nasty and got back into the truck drinking a bottle of water and later threw the empty bottle in the street in front of my home. I took two days to claim myself down and then I went to the lawrenceville store. As soon as I walked into the store I was greeted by a male. The male asked me if he could help me. I told him what happen and informed him that I was there to cancel my order. He was very helpful and walked with me to customer service and told the rep to cancel my order. As previous emails have stated, she wanted me to explain again why I wanted to cancel my order. I told her that she had better listen very closely, because i was not going to repeat this again. I told her what happen, and she canceled my order. I could not believe that this happen and have never been treated so badly. I left the store and went to another store and received my sofa. Raymour & Flanigan do not care about their customers. I will never shop their again.
 3rd of Apr, 2008 by   Ivan 0 Votes
I wish I would have came to the web to see all of the complaints that someone has left about Raymour & Flanigan. I purchase from my local store about two weeks ago and had a problem with an Armoir. I was told by the sales person that I would want to buy both the base and the top together or it would not match. So, I purchased the whole armoir. When it came the top and bottom didn't match at all. The base had defects that I can't believe the store let out of there site. This had some major defects that couldn't be missed. Also, their return policy is "no return". If you purchase from someone buy from a home town, home owned store. You will be treated much better.
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   annonymous 0 Votes
I happen to work for raymour and flanigan and have for 8 yrs. I have had numerous deliveries as have my family and my friends and I remained anonymous for my deliveries they never new i worked for the company, i have never had any problem on my more then 10 deliveries nor have my friends or family... I have worked in the showrooms as well as currently in one of the distribution centers and rarely hear a complaint..most of the time when we do hear complaints they are taken care of in a satisfactory mannor. no company is perfect there are going to be errors made (we are all human) and there are going to be unsatisfied customers no matter where you go, that does not make a company bad nor does it mean it has poor customer service. If we took back every peice of furniture that a customer decided after already having in the home for any amount of time the company would be out of business. these are not cars you can not resell the majority of this furniture and the manufacturer that we bought from will not give us credit for a peice of furniture that was returned after delivery because a customer does not like it...put yourself in the oweners shoes and maybe then you will understand that there are policys that are put in place for a good reason, when you have 75 plus stores and deliver within three days which means you hold thousands of peices of furniture in a warehouse to accomodate this here are going to be damages...I can tell you that in the warehouses 3 people check every peice of furniture on every truck and their are constantly being changes made to improve...it is a constant battle to improve and we are very dillegent in making sure that no peice of furniture leaves damaged but as i said previously we are all human and all make mistakes there are going to be peices that we miss and for that i am sorry but most of it is minor and can be made brand new if you dont want a repair then tell the delivery person to take it back. of course they dont want to take it back they only get paid for the deliverys that have been made, if you had your paycheck riding on wether a customer kept it or not what would you want, but they will take it back just be persistent, ...if you decide not to check your furniture when it is delivered then enjoy our wonderfull technicians who are factory trained and in many cases make the furniture look better then it ever did on the show room floor...in any case remember the world does not revolve around you we were not put here on this earth to serve you we are not your slaves, do not treat us this way or you will get absolutly no where with us...how would you like to be screamed at called incompetant, stupid, or be told that you are a liar just for doing your job? think about that next time...
 9th of May, 2008 by   michelle chestnut 0 Votes
raymour and flannigan the worst furniture store that i have ever delt with in my life purchased a king bed they said it would deliver it in three days called same day of delivery to say the side rails were not in mind you i took off from work had to wait another week for another delivery day when they finally get to my house they have the wrong side rails called the store and they have the nerve to want to debate about who is going to pay the delivey guys now i have to wait for another delivery day they spend to much money on adverstiment that customer service is horrible i would never spend a another dime in that chezy store
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   ashley 0 Votes
Thank s to this site I did not buy anything from them. Stay away from this shop if you dont want any haedache..
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   ashley 0 Votes
By the way long story short they were trying to sell me whatever they had in the store .They called a green sofa set "fontana" as expresso (brown). When I told the manager this sofa is green he told me this company calls this color as expresso??He was so arrogant and intimidating, and they dont let you breathe in the store. Some customer service...It's so annoying
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Just a Thought 0 Votes
WOW so many complaints and they are still the biggest furniture retailer in the north east. Wonder why HUH? May be they are doing something right. For every bad issue there must be at least 10 good ones. You only hear about the bad ones though kinda sad we are all humans and yes big companies will get hit with all the negative things from one disatisfied customer but make your own choice Dont let some angree person make it for you. Levitz had complaints Seamans had complaints Huffman Koos had complaint and yes even the big and bad Thomasville has had complaints. Don't be sheep make your choice and ask questions and please for the love of God !!! READ WHAT YOU PUT YOUR JOHN HANCOCK ON !!!

Also get a good sales person the ones that have made the Raymour and Flanigan President Club they are the best in the company and will take good care of you.

And Ashley if you take the Fontana to natural light the kind that comes threw the windows in your home it is a Brown not green and not chocolate. Good luck
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Carlos Bennett 0 Votes
I agree with your comments, I will never buy furnisher again from Raymont. I am a hard working man with 5 kids in Elmont NY, I do not need the agravation ... BUT I WAS WRONG...The salesperson and supervisor at this store LIE to me from the begining !! BUT I AM NOT GOING DOWN WITH OUT A FIGHT . I am taking this to court. It is not fair for all the hard working people out there who keeps a good credit report/score and has no money to spare . Here is what hapen... . We needed a TV stand so I checked online for prices, I ran into an offer of "NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST UNTIL 2013' so i aply for credit. I was aproved for $20, 000.00 . Salesperson JUSTINE at Valley Stream called me on the phone a few minutes later I WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU `...yes you help me !!!ok. you drained my pocked !!! She said to qualify for the "non payment no interes for 5 years " you will need to buy $6, 000.00 worth of fornisher. Remember I am here only to buy a $300.00 TV stand... NOw since my living room at home need a upgrade PLus I need not to make a payment for 5 years, I AGREED WITH OUT ANITHING IN WRITTING. NOw I got to make payment of $77.00 a month the following the purchase. I got a sofa and loveseat made from leather each for $1800.00. an ottorman for $400. a chair for $500.00. and my TV STAND for $400.00 total $6, 000.00. Now in this economic time. HOW AM I GOING TO PAY FOR THIS>> Now as far as the stuff I bought, the sofa is showing sight of sinking (where people sit a lot) just a week later, this is prove to me that the quality of these furnisher are inferior... There is no return policy on any item. So be carefull.. Get everyting in writting, and read before you sing.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Carlos Bennett 0 Votes
RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN I HOPE YOU GO IN BANKRUPSY LIKE ALL THESE OTHER STORE. YOU SALESPERSON LIES AND ARE HONEST TO THE CUSTOMER.

5 Options for Students Struggling with Loans