logo

Missing Order / Rude Supervisors

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Rave Hairspray Complaints & Reviews - A big mistake!

Rave Hairspray Contacts & Informations

Rave Hairspray

Posted:    Rene

A big mistake!

They did it again. Why did suave change the rave formula again. I to, like many, have been using rave4 for many many years. I have recommended rave to many when i get a compliment on my hair. This is nuts, they tried this already. It didn't work. It sprays all over and it doesn't hold. My hair. My hair is thick and straight, with the old rave curls would last all day and my hair was never sticky or stiff.. I hate getting hairspray, nothing else works like the old rave, not even the expensive stuff. Their other line, suave, forget it. Thats a waste of money and time to even try it. There is no hold. I go thru 1-2 cans every 2 weeks. I dread doing my hair. Please pass this on i can no longer recommend this new rave. They made a big mistake, but obviously this company doesn't care. Thanks.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2007 by   Bobbie -1 Votes
I had purchased Rave hairspray and tried it because it was a little cheaper than what I normally use. I used the product and it made my hair greasy. It looked really bad, I even used just a little. I am not satisfied at all. I am returning it and getting my money back and I also went back to what I was using before. I have to pay more, but that is ok at least I am happy with that product.
 28th of Jan, 2008 by   AGATHA JACKSON -1 Votes
I have two cans of Rave Hair Spray, one ultra and one
super hold. They both have large amount of spray, but am unable to use because spray button does not work.

Very frustating. Thank you.
amj
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Elle +1 Votes
I love Rave hairspray. Been using it for about 15 years. I have VERY curly hair that loves to frizz without product in it.
Years ago they changed the nozzle on it was HORRIBLE - sprayed everywhere and not powerful enough... and with a complaint call to the customer service number she informed me that they get numerous calls a day regarding the nozzle. Within a week I had a bunch of coupons for a free can of hairspray and when I went to purchase, they fixed the nozzle issue.

Sadly though, their products are becoming more and more scarce at walmart (where I find it to be cheapest)
 3rd of May, 2009 by   Michelle 0 Votes
I've been using Rave for years and years. I loved that it didn't have a scent that overpowered whatever fragrance I was wearing, but best of all, it actually worked. It held my hair all day long, without need for reapplication. And with just a few spritzes! That's probably why they discontinued/changed it - so you'll have to use more to get the same result. I can't find the new version at any of my local stores, but I imagine I'd be disappointed in the new product anyway, from the reviews I have read. I get so sick of companies "new and improving" every good product. Why can't they leave well enough alone?
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   trina wall 0 Votes
listen i love rave im 40 and iv used it for ever now im pissed at rave the hair spray gums out of the can bubbles all over my hair it looks wet doesnt hold at all what has happen it use to be the best thing ever im mad i spend a lot on hair spray and some cans dont spray or you get a stream of it all in one spot listen at three in the morning my hair spray better work
 27th of Jun, 2010 by   Deborah Ferrari 0 Votes
I have been using Rave hairspray for years, its the only hairspray that would hold my hair without weighing it down. A couple of years ago Rave changed the nozzle, which caused it to spray like a fire hose instead of a mist. I filed a complaint and so did many others. Since then I have been able to get cans that sprayed good, but now the stores seem to only have cans that spray like a hose. This makes a mess of my bathroom sink, floor and surrounding areas. I also leaves a sticky mess on me. I have reached the point of no return! In the past, I did stay with Rave, but now I am no longer going to put up with this mess! Wise up Rave...change the nozzle back and your customers will do the same!! Debbie Ferrari
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Jerry L. Sparling 0 Votes
I to am an avid customer of RAVE hair spray, but lately all I get are cans that spray out like a fire hose from Walmart. Please fix the problem this hair spray has spoiled me..HELP!!!
 27th of May, 2011 by   Playtime1963 0 Votes
I've also used Rave for years. This past year has been horrible! I never know if I'm going to get a 'good' can or a 'bad' can! I'm so sick and tired of the fire hose spray that I have to deal with! I end up not only having to clean my countertops and floors after using it EVERY DAY, I also have to brush the sticky, messy spray out of my hair and wipe my arms down with a washcloth! No More Rave for me!!!
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   sandy59 0 Votes
I too have used Rave for years and years and now seem to use so much to do the job that less used to do. I use the non-aerosol pump spray and my biggest complaint is that after all the years of making a spray bottle, why on earth have they not perfected how to make it without the bottle collapsing and on occasion spray leaking through the nozzle. At least half the time, I get a bottle that the sides suck in as I spray and I have to unscrew the top to let air back into it. Seems like a simple fix but they apparently don't know how to do it.
 17th of Jul, 2013 by   janet novj 0 Votes
Why did Rave put humidity control in their product!!! It sucks now it doesn't hold my hair!!! Huge Mistake!!! I have to search on line to purchase what's left of the old formula!!! Please change it back!!
 4th of Sep, 2013 by   Z. Sherman 0 Votes
My hair is thick and heavy. The old Rave was the only one that kept it in place all day. Now after one hour with the new Rave
(ClimaShield) it looks a mess. Please change it back. This new one doesn't work at all.
Will have to look for another one that works. Sorry Rave! You blew it.
 14th of Oct, 2013 by   ccq5 0 Votes
Have been using Rave for about 5 years and love it!! However, now the new Rave with climashield, is horrible!! It does not work!! Are they making both with and without?? Need the old one please!!
 24th of Nov, 2013 by   Tracy Senkbeil 0 Votes
You never should have changed the formula, if anything make both formulas, this climacontrol crap you can keep, It does not hold my hair, it flops around and that is a big pet peeve of mine. It also makes my hiar look and feel grimmey..It should be the consumers choice which brand we use Not the companies!!! I am trying to look for another brand of hairspray, not gonna pay $2.00 for a can of air thats sticky and greasy...

Fake Airline Promises Free Tickets