logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (53 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (54 mins ago)

rakbank Contacts & Informations

rakbank

Posted:    TonibelPriones

Harassment

I have been on default for more than 4 months with RakBank Credit Card since i got terminated with my previous company and just recently joined a new company. Last month of November, i paid the amount of AED 700. Then I received a call again from certain Mohd (+971504207988) saying that it's not enough and i have to pay more than 1000 otherwise they will file a police case against me. I have explained to him thati just recently joined a new company and i could only pay for this amount.
Mr. Mohd (+971504207988) started calling me and relling me indecent words, such sa B***ch, stupid lady, idiot and the F*** word. and even sent me an SMS that CID is already hunting you, and then he called me that He will make sure that i wil be put in jail and will be thrown inside the jail like a pig and get raped there and started to say I'm a very indecent girl with very bad attitude and other things which made me cry and worried. How could he say those words? I don't know him and he doesn't even know me. When I explained why there is delay on my payment, he told me to shut UP and he doesn't need my explanation. He's saying that even if i pay him 1Million Dirhams still he will not accept it and he will make sure that i will be insifde the jail and get dumped there. Such a prestigious bank treats their customer like this? what can I do if I lost my job and the fact that i did not leave the country means i am willing to pay them back and wil never turn back on my obligations. They should understand that there is economic crisis and unexpectedly i got terminated and i know my obligations.
Comments United Arab Emirates Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2009 by   Descriptive +1 Votes
I agree and I feel sorry for you. I have a similar experience with Rakbank collection department. In my case it was a girl who neither seemed quite mature nor behaved in a professional way. For a moment I thought she didnt even know what she was talking as she was just going on about her stuff and didnt even give me a chance to talk. It was as good as an automated voice. She didnt even care if I was trying to explain something to her. Her name was Sadia Kabir - 0508692429/042914087. I think the collection people get commissions on recoveries and have huge targets on their heads to meet up with. This is why they treat customers like a cheap trash.
Cheers
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   malikkhawar +1 Votes
I have a quite different experience... My payment was delayed due to financial crunch and I told them that I'll make payment on the next due date since thay have already charged me for the late payment. But they keep on calling me 7 to 10 times a day and everytime I was explaining the same. After two days I loose my temprament and I told them that i'm not ever gonna make you payment do whatever f*** you wanna do. I told them to record my conversation FOR QUALITY AND TRAINING PURPOSE and because of your behaviour now you will never even a single dirham from me... After that I never made any payment nor I have answered their calls...
Moral of the Story: Both are living happily ever after ;) malikkhawar@yahoo.com
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   MickDXB 0 Votes
This is my recent letter to RAKBANK that will never be read...

I AM GOING TO WRITE THIS THE WAY THAT RAKBANK WRITES TO ME. IN ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS LIKE I AM SCREAMING. I HAD A RAKBANK CARD. I WASNT PAID AT MY JOB SO I COULDNT PAY RAKBANK AS REGULARLY AS I WOULD LIKE TO. NOW, UNLIKE EVERY OTHER CIVILIZED BANK IN THE WORLD, RAKBANK ROUTINELY THREATENED ME IN THE PROFESSIONAL MANNER IN WHICH IT BELIEVES. I TRIED TO MAKE CONTACT TO SORT IT OUT AND 8 TIMES OVER 2 MONTHS, I WAS TOLD THAT SOMEONE WOULD CONTACT ME AND THEY NEVER EVER EVER DID! THEN I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB AND MADE AN IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF 250% MORE THAN I WAS THREATENED TO PAY. IT HAS NOW BEEN JUST OVER A MONTH AND I RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM COLLECTIONS ASKING ME IF I AM ******** ************...I SAID "YES"...THEN THEY BEGAN SCREAMING AT ME WITHOUT LETTING ME SPEAK. VERY PROFESSIONAL, VERY ADULT. I AM VERY SHOCKED. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS IN ANY ORGANIZATION IN MY 39 YEARS. IN EVERY ATTEMPT TO CONTACT RAKBANK TO SORT OUT THINGS, THEY NEVER RETURNED MY CALL. I SUPPOSE IT IS BETTER TO SCREAM AT SOMEONE ON THE PHONE LIKE IT WAS A PERSONAL LOAN FROM AN ILLEGAL LOAN SHARK NOT A NATIONAL BANK. MY CARD WAS CANCELLED SOME TIME AGO AND I AM TRYING TO PAY IT OFF BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP OF RAKBANK TO WORK WITH ME ON THIS AND NOT AGAINST ME.
I DON'T EXPECT A REPLY BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT CLEAR COMMUNICATION IS NOT PART OF RAKBANK'S PROTOCOL.

Go to Al Hilal bank...they really know what they are doing...not these RAK jokers. Idiots.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   krishnamc +1 Votes
This is majorly like all of you'll who have a financial crunch; they too get pressured, infact they have been told by their superiors to try and get the amounts at any cost or else work extra hours. All these people you speak about are harassed at work;by either making them stay uptil late at work, put them down for even the smallest targets they achieve. truly how you'll were treated was wrong and unacceptable to anyone. But i think informing the police or higher authorities would have been good. Abuses should not be tolerated..
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   uae-2010 +1 Votes
Ignore the calls from collection agencies. Do not listeten to them. Disconnect the phone whenthey cross the limit. They are not iinteresrted for any full settlement. because they will lose one sheep for next months dinner. Poor Fellows . Better letter eat thier on shit and others.

One day received 300 miss call within 30 mts without any gap! Then I realised that he is one of the donkey working for a sudane lawyer .

By Gods Grace I paid the full amount of dues even 1000 xtra. Now let him eat his shit.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   rakbankcollectionhater +1 Votes
I have also the same experience on the RAKbank collection department, they dont even listen on their customers they just simply harassing us for them to meet their target. I was driving one day then one superior called me and yelling at me. Everytime I will explain why I did not make the payment she will say shut up and telling "that is not my problem". She always screaming and thinking that I false promises. She dont even speaks clear english and without even telling her name she said all the bad words she wanted to say. It is totally opposite of the attitude when they are asking for new clients or should I say new victim.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   santok +1 Votes
RAK bank is the biggest looter and the worst bank in terms of service. It harasses its customers to the core if they miss a payment or two. All the collection agents sitting in their office near the Grand Hotel are Grand Bastards and Assholes. They think they are some kind of FBI Agents when they take you to a room for interrogation and threaten you to pay up or face dire consequences. They have no human sentiments and don't care whether some one has lost his/her job or has serious financial problems. These bastards will rott in hell and will face similar situations sometimes in their life. What you do to others will happen to you too anytime sooner or later in your life. What comes around goes around.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   IntroublebyRAK +1 Votes
Hi, I have faced similar situation by Rak Bank, I lost my job and currently out of UAE yet still I am making payment for last 5 months, however now I have reached a stage where I cannot continue to make this payment. I explained them that despite outside UAE I am making payments as I want to but now cannot pay the minimum amount so please give me a easy installment option and I will continue to pay. Initially one manager said make this payment and I will give you an option and when I made that payment he changes his statement and said now payment the next payment and call me once I did that again he said you continue make the payment like this and your payments will be cleared. I took money from a friend for that payment as the agent promised to help once this is clear. Now they are threating for a legle case, although I am out side UAE so they cant take me to jail. I need your advice how I can proceed, I want to pay despite I am outside however just want them to cooperate and give me a easy installment option to help me pay regularly on which they are not agreeing and this leave me no option except not to pay as I dont have funds to pay. but same time I dont want any case against me. Do you guys think they will put a legal case, becuase many people told me they dont do cases inless amount is big more than 50, 000 mine is half then this. Please advice. you can email me at fifty.fifty2@gmail.com
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   Frank Kinnear +1 Votes
Can anyone see a pattern emerging here - the same illustrious mr mohammad who was so completely unacceptable to ms tonibelpriones has just been on the phone to me. my fault, and it is just that, was that I missed one months instalment which I should have paid on the 2nd of Sept (today is the 26th sept) and when he called last week, I told him that I would pay but for one reason or the other, couldn't - I have been a client of theirs for over 2 years and make REGULAR payments on a monthly basis - This complete clown of a man starts screaming down the phone at me, trying to be insulting - I maintained my composure and told him to calm down as otherwise he will give himself a heart attack...he kept on screaming. What is the objective of this? to scare people into paying? Do they not realise that all that's happening is that their bank is getting a bad reputation by so many people writing complaints?? -

TO THE RAK BANK Management: Gentlemen, if this is a policy decision to have total and utterly uneducated idiots representing your bank, I would suggest that you kindly re-think your decision because honestly speaking, they are only making a bad situation worse. In the 16years that I have been living in the UAE, I have never encountered such flagrant rudeness, disregard for a customer nor unprofessional conduct. Thank you.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   Dhanjal 0 Votes
Since September 2010 Me and my Husband have been requesting for card settlement from Rak bank and have no response. Recently I have started following up Rak Bank and the Collects officer agreed for a X amt for settelment and when yesterday I went personally to meet he told me a Y amount that we need to pay.
I have been explaining him that my husband does have a job and I wish to pay on his behalf, but I think they don't underastand the word that 'I want to pay'. I undersatnd that each one is here to earn, but one also needs to understand that if the person who is taken the card is not able to pay there is someone who is willing to pay on his behalf and should be appreciated and helped.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   pip Duggan +2 Votes
Hi... I had the worst ever experience 2 weeks ago when I got pulled over by the police. He asked me why i had not paid my car loan and I told him I had and I had no more payments owing to RAK bank. He told me that he has to arrest me and take my car. i was so shocked and could not believe what was happening... lucky for me that I got a nice office and a friend drove past and stopped and she could speak arabic... the police officer took me to Jebel ali police station where my car was taken and I had to remain until my friend could go and get all the necessary documents from the bank and my house... this whole thing started at 7:15 and did not finish until 5... my poor friend had to go to 3 different RAK banks the first the loan dept said I do not understand what has happened she has nothing to pay... then my freind went to 2 other RAK banks then was sent to a brank in Al qasis then had to go to Dubai court then CID... and then she came back to me... this whole process was time consuming, scary and un necessary... I had to pay 6000 to the bank and it was their mistake.. if I did not pay I would have to have gone to court... now I need my car for work so had to pay. I have made several complaints to the bank emails and phone calls and no one has gotten back to me... RAK bank is the worst bank to deal with and I am disgusted with what happned to me... this would not happen in another country ...
 28th of Jun, 2011 by   don juan3456 +2 Votes
haha ahmed cant believe you posted that...people will eventually stop buying their products and they will go bust...simple...just go somwhere else...
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   Chandrasekahr +1 Votes
YOU DONT WORRY THEY CANT TOU H IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE UA E ONLY THING THEY HAVE SOME RECOVERY AGENT WHO MAY TROUBLE YOU
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   samir abdulla +2 Votes
I also got some bitter experience from theis bank. I have used Dhs 3200 in credit card and then i lost job so i could not pay for 6 months. then again i came on visit to UAE that time the balance was more than 5500. but i talked to legad department Khalid and he said pay 2500 and your account is closed. I payed and was cool.
again now I am getting calls from them that i have to pay again 2000. and the way they deal is so hurting and upsetting.
Frankly speaking I had relation with FGB abd they cleared things as they agreed.
But this bank is so cheating and is not worth keeping any trust. They dont have any value for their commitments.
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   Rak Bank Credit Card is Hell 0 Votes
I am working in Al Ansari Exchange, we are dealing with customers as well but not that way RAK Bank employees dealing us. Infact Rak Bank guys losing their valuable customers. Today I received a call from the bank to pay my credit card amount as I missed last month. The guy was threat me that he will take legal action against me and he will call my HR department and he will fire me, he shout at me alot; I just listen to him till he finished his pressure cuz he must be pressurize from his seniors. When he finished his call I gone to my boss and told him everything about his call. So its simple guys; make a big heart and show them your good attitude and let them learn something from you. My suggestion is avoid credit cards specially, it has more hidden charges. its just hell.
 29th of May, 2012 by   ushausha 0 Votes
We too have applied for the credit card and it has been over two weeks and the lady at Oud Mehta Branch 04 2195322 (on the visiting card) does not even answer the customer properly, Hope the authorities will look seriously to such complaints.I have been a loyal customer to the bank for the past 9 years. Pujha
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   mahmoud elias hanna 0 Votes
I Mahmoud Hanna the holder of RAKBANK Titanium card number 5239 2674 8834 6005 and I don’t have any permanent job since june 2011. Now only option to

Clear some amount towards my outstanding is to sell my sons car which may be sell for Dhs.15, 000. As you are aware that I used to pay my minimum

Installment till February 2012. My current job I am not paid for couple of months and I ask your advice on this matter in order to close this subject.

Thanks & Regards,

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mariana-nabil@rakbank.ae

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
From: mahmoudhanna@hotmail.com
To: mariana-nabil@rakbank.ae
Subject: FW: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:28:32 +0400

Dear Marina

Thanks & Regards,

note; I TRY TO SEND YOU EMAIL BUT YOU DID NOT RECIEVE

CONTACT ME mahmoudhanna@hotmail.com
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   aiu 0 Votes
i am also a rakbank customer, i am also upset by the way they move things at rakbank. i just opened my account 5 months ago and i already had lots of problems with them. They are like thieves who are waiting for us to blink so that they can steal. they infiltrate our account with schemes like insurance, credit shield over the period and if we are not crystal cautious of our account and its statement they will rip you. I wish now i had dug a pit and stored my money there rather than trust rakbank. due to my dealing wih rakbank i have unnecessarily lost thousands of dirhams. i contacted their customer care, which gives us all the confidence that the issue is forwarded to our complaints department, only find out that a few days back their reps call and say its declined. they are very rude too. i had to deal with jai, who is a senior complaints officer. he was very rude and wasnt even considering me as their customer. he was like its declined and shut the f**k away. i am closing my account.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   Rak bank customer painfully 0 Votes
I had similar problem, still am receiving continous calls for the payment of personal loan and credit as this donkeys doesnt know about the situvation . my full final settlement was on hold by the same RAK bank and asking me to pay the minimum payment. i told them that my money is already credit that can be utilized for the minimum payments but what they are saying is it is going to debited fully only for the loan purpose rest all i need to clear with in no time . actually I got a new job so changed my current profile from my old to New job and also im ready to continue my monthly payments for loan as same as i done for last couple of months also iam ready to provide any kind of certificate from my new company saying that my salary transfer should be paid monthly to rak bank but still they are not understanding and keep on calling me and disturbing for the further payment . i dont know whats wrong with this collection department i thing they need to understand that We are not beggars and willing to pay full amount as it is to the bank. we are taking the loan by the request of their loan department sale man crying infront of us to achieve his target after that all the head aches are comming to us in the end no body will be taking care in a sensible way ...REALLY I HATED RAK BANK >>>>>>>!!! NEVER EVER JUMP IN TO FIRE >>>>>>>>>>> VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE {{{{{{{{[ if we visited the bank customer center they dont know anything only they know how to chat in black berry or iphone or any other smart phone ...UAE >>>>>>>WHAT IS THIS ???? Who is taking care of all this rubish ...!!! Very painfully a customer
 17th of Dec, 2012 by   Annoyed doctor 0 Votes
Sir / Madam,
I am DR RJ
Holder of RAK BANK CURRENT Account 02________300_.
I am new to UAE, located at Sharjah.
After reaching here I had opened an account with ADCB Bank, they processed my account fast and within 3 days of request I recieved my DEBIT CARD with Cheque book.
However my company is dealing with RAK Bank for depositing our salary with your bank.
So I was asked to cancel the account with ADCB Bank by our own HR dept (Mrs.S) and asked to open account with RAK Bank.
The official from RAK Bank, Mr.R____th came here, took the signed form, my pasport copy, salary certificate copy etc about 45 days back.
But after many days I was issued a DEBIT card and your bank booklets without a cheque book.
I am a person new to UAE, a Doctor by profession and is staying a guest house provided by the company.
Already I have overstayed in the Guest house, our company expects me to find a personal stay elsewhere as others too are coming and there are not enough rooms.
I had contacted the Customer care on 6th Dec, and mentioned to Mr J__n that I have not got the cheque book.
I had contacted Mr. R___th, our Company officials too.
Seeing no help from anywhere in this issue, I contacted again in your Customer care with Mr. S___n and registered an official complaint on 13th, they said the issue will bw sorted in 2 days. My complaint registered number is 7884762.
There were some telephonic calls from your customercare, but no actions from your side..
The humiliation that I had to face and the difficulties caused to me cannot be paid back by money or by doing something now..
I think your official who made me take this account had to take some more responsibility, rather than be just getting the cuts for me taking the credit card. Most of the time, you official dont pick up calls or wont even call back..
Is this the way you deal with your customers especially new customer ?
I am still waiting for some concrete action from your side.

Thanking you,