The true story about QWEST INTERNET.
PAY ATTENTION closely and expect this from them.
1. QWEST will tell you it's a certain cost when you sign up, this includes an advertising price. It turns out to be $+++.++ more than expected when the bill comes. True false advertisement. Isn't that illegal?
2. Billing is very confusing and filled with charges ranging from this to that. They even repeat some charges but it isn't calculated but instead shown to throw you further off. Basically their BILLING is tricky and filled with loopholes.
3. SPEED 100% unguaranteed. Speed is nearly always barely 80% of the advertised speed. If it says 1.5 mb it's 940kbps. If its 7.0 mb it's 5.4 kbps. They than turn around telling you that you are a dumbass for expecting full ADVERTISED SPEED and they'll give you a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo about how they only guarantee 50-80% of the actual speed and the reasons are because of how far you are from civilization. Even if the BOX is 1 block away or right by your garage.
4. QWEST will try and sell you the lowest available speed to your ##. They will lie about availability and tell you it had jsut been upgraded. Then days later offer you a faster speed but now you have to SUBMIT to their 2 year contract to change your "OFFERED GOOD PACKAGE".
You are now tied to a 2 year. Or lose your "OFFERED GOOD PACKAGE" and pay higher price. Or you can just keep your 1.5 mb :(.
5. FREE MONTHS? Maybe...They will tell you you get 3 months free. But instead you get charged full price until the 3 FREE months are calculated in MONTHS later. By then you have already paid full price for months and end up CREDITING/overpaying them for your own good.
6. BAD SERVICE. When their techs come to fix things they can't ever figure what's wrong with the lines and always end up drilling new holes everywhere for new Outlets. Sometimes they make it worse! YOU END UP paying for it. If its your house wires or anything near your house for that matter. Unless you PAY FOR their guaranteed service plan where they fix things free everytime it's down at a monthly fee.
7. DSL upload is never mentioned and you are led to thinking that they are as fast as CABLE. Truth is their UPLOAD speed is nearly 700 kbps and unreliable for video conferencing or becomes very laggy when you are connected to 4-5 other things and the upload becomes maxed. False advertisement again. They claim they are as fast as cable. Not uploadwise. Not even close.
8. TECH & REPS stink. QWEST reps all have 2nd grade level education. They only ask you 4 things. Your Name, your last 4 digit of social security #, how can I help you, and we are sorry for the inconvenience. That's all you can expect from their reps. And so you'll always have to wait days before you get a tech out or your problems solved which could take months later. It is as if the techs and the reps don't know what the hell DSL is all about. COuld it be the modem? YOur home phone line? The wall Outlet? The wire going to the outside box? Basically you'll have to tech yourself.
Here's some tips to battle their stupidity.
1. Complain and threaten to quit and go to comcast. They will credit you 100+ for the stay. This speed things up and the techs fix things faster. It also people turns your internet speed up mysteriously.
2. Never sign up!!!
3. Quit if you have!!!