logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)
WHERE'S MY REBATE?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

"Perfect Optimizer" Scan (free on internet), Unknown.. In USA? Complaints & Reviews - Perfect Optimizer embeds itself SOMEWHERE

"Perfect Optimizer" Scan (free on internet) Contacts & Informations

"Perfect Optimizer" Scan (free on internet)

Posted:    Britt Holmstrom

Perfect Optimizer embeds itself SOMEWHERE

"Perfect Optimizer"
After I clicked on this "free scan", it imbeds itself in some UNKNOWN site, ?under UNKNOWN NAME? I cannot drag it to trash, nor do I see it in My Computer, or Control Panel. No new file appears to have been created... and it is not in any of my "timed" processes... I just do not know where to find it and how to get it off my computer--to stop BUGGING AND INTERRUPTING ME. It is ALWAYS appearing in full screen format, covering all my icons, including trash, when I start up my computer, delaying my onset of internet connection. It is also down on my task bar, lower right corner on my windows 98. It dominates the entire desk top until FINALLY it gives me a red x, to click it off by. IT IS A TOTAL NUISANCE... and DEMANDS THAT I BUY AND CLICK ON THE FOR-PURCHASE PROGRAM WHICH IT RECOMMENDS TO "FIX MY PROBLEM" OF HAVING A TOO SLOW AND DEBILITATED COMPUTER...
Please HELP me with getting this AWFUL and INVASIVE "FREE" SCAN, so that I can either delete it or drag it to trash... which is not possible at this time. And I cannot find a physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number to call this COMPANY (which appears to be unknown as well). Only the product name is known! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION Britt Holmstrom
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Nov, 2008 by   Dena 0 Votes
The company that produces this software is Miracle Technologies. I looked them up. They are in India. Which means nothing. I have no idea how to get this junk off my computer either, but I'll let you know if I find out.
 30th of Dec, 2008 by   Pissed Off +1 Votes
Yes, "Perfect Optimizer" is pure garbage. I downloaded the free trial on December 15th and it found about 3000 plus errors on my computer. So, I purchased the full version, aps $45.00, so the program could "fix" my computer. Well, the registration (serial) number they provided me was absolutely bogus. I attempted to copy and paste the registration code and was provided with an invalid registration code error message. I tried several times but with no success. So, I contacted their help center. What a joke. I sent to online messages, but received no response.

But, to make matters worse. The program ultimately slowed then froze my computer. I tried to remove the program from my computer. But, Perfect Optimizer is a sneaky program. At first, it appeared to be gone. It was off my desktop and off my start up menu. But, the program had a back door. Every time I restarted my computer Perfect Optimizer popped up. Ultimately, I had to run a search on my computer. The program had imbedded itself in several folders (apx 6) on my harddrive. It took me several hours to find each folder and manually delete their program.

In short, a waste of money, criminal because it won't go away and they steal your money.
 14th of Jan, 2009 by   Chris 0 Votes
I made the mistake of not finding this web site before
I purchased Perfect Optimizer. After reading the
comments I have no choice but to continue using them.
I try to get in touch with them, but they will not reply.
Using my Print Scrn button, I have made copies of
numerous results of their scans, and sent the copies to them. It will go for days without any errors (problems), then I will get a scan for over 3500 problems.
I am still waiting for a reply, but I don't expect to
hear from them.

Chris
 25th of Jan, 2009 by   wkentusa +1 Votes
WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK - I AN'T SAY ENOUGH - THIS IS THE WORST KIND OF VIRUS, SPYWARE, TERRORISTIC ATTACH SOFTWARE OUT THERE - STAY CLEAR - I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY HAS TATKEN IT DOWN BEFORE NOW.
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   bjmyers +1 Votes
Total crap...should have researched first...wish I could remove it - it drives me crazy every day
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   rfgtrg 0 Votes
fgfgrtgfg5g5grgfrrgr rwgfgrf
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   Salty +1 Votes
I ran Perfect Optimizer on 3 computers and all of them now have errors of different kinds. One has a svchost.exe error which pops up about every minute or so. They all have internet connectivity problems and another has difficulty loading internet applications such as chat rooms and such.

DON'T PURCHASE PERFECT OPTIMIZER. IT WILL DESTROY THE SOFTWARE FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR COMPUTER!!!
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Neil 0 Votes
From my experience, it is easy to uninstall. 1. Right click on the icon from lower right corner. 2. Uninstall from the control panel. 3. Then you will successfully to remove it from your computer. You another question is about INVALID SERIAL NUMBER, I don't think you have the right way to register the program. If you can press CTRL + C to copy the serial number and PASTE it to the registration box, and then click on Activate Now, then you activate it. If you even can't press anything, you just log in their member center to get the License.pox, you can install and run the program first, then double click License.pox, after that it will automatically register the program. I don't know why you guys got so many programs. If you like to share, you can email me via robertlych80@yahoo.com . I have done that before and it is a good program that help repair my computer programs. So I will continue to use it. Also if you all have any question on it, I would like to help you.
 8th of May, 2009 by   Perfect Optimizer Support Team -1 Votes
Hello everyone here,

Thanks for your support our Perfect Optimizer. Here we will give an explanation to your complaints.

To Mr. Britt Holmstrom and Mr. Pissed Off,
You can uninstall it from control panel, also we provide uninstall.exe and you can click it to uninstall.

To Mr. Chris,
You can email us with all your computer problems and we will reply within 24 hours.

To Mr. Salty,
There is something wrong with your IE, we suggest that you take the following steps to fix the problem after you run Perfect Optimizer.
RepairWindows RepairError Utility and then click Repair

To Mr. neailee,
Thanks for your support. You can update it regularly.

We will do our best to help you and provide high quality software.

Best Wishes,

Perfect Optimizer Support Team
www.perfectoptimizer.com
 26th of May, 2009 by   Daniel Massey +1 Votes
I'm contacting everyone I know re: Perfect Optimizer as well as sending emails about it to everyone with whom I work (a considerable number of people within an industry that knows how to get the word out) as it is a scam and ripoff. It absolutely does not work and I had to do a system restore to get rid of it. There is zero support and the "live help" link on their website is, of course, "broken". I sincerely hope that the thirty dollars that they took from me was worth the neverending negative PR they are going to have to endure as a result of stealing money from myself and, apparently, a number of others.
Dmassey
dajama@optonline.net
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   tjbhysl 0 Votes
I don't know what folks are complaining about. I am not shilling for these guys, but this program did the trick for me. Not had an issue and seems to be working fine. I had another product, System commander and Fix it. Had issues with them. Still have issue with them.

But this product seems to do the trick. Keep your virus scans up to date, be proactive with your machines and you should be ok. And don't clik on email from folks you don't know.

Good luck
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   Ms. Fellow complainer! 0 Votes
I am very very disappointed! I was hoping for a fix to the svchost.exe problem I was having and download this ROGUE MALWARE program known as PERFECT OPTIMIZER! I should have known! Nothing is perfect! Should of spark my red flag but as stupid as I was without thinking and doing further research; I installed the program.

However I uninstalled it immediately after wards thinking it could be a false program and was my instincts were right even after I installed it with my stupidity. Even though I uninstall the "Perfect Optimizer" and it did supposedly "uninstall" but there were some files that were not deleted. It would say we would have to "manually" remove it. And into my program folder I went!

Upon looking at the folder in: Start>Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Program Files>Perfect Optimizer and found these files:
Name: Date modified: Type: Size:
InstallDll.dll 5.4.2010 2:59PM Application Extension 32KB
MiracleLib.dll 5.4.2010 2:59PM Application Extension 304KB
PerfectOptimizer.exe 5.4.2010 2:59PM Application 6, 900KB
SEClean.DLL 5.4.2010 2:59PM Application Extension 136KB

Once I saw these files that were still on my computer I tried to manually delete them but a window prompt up saying I need permission to delete those files which SPARKS UP MORE RED FLAGs!! Immediately I knew this program is BOGUS!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL PERFECT OPTIMIZER! JUST IGNORE THE SITE AND "SUPPORT STAFF" COMPLETELY! YOU WILL ONLY GET MULTIPLE ROGUE MALWARES!!!

I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program that is free and works wonders against these rogue malware! You have my word on it and many others who uses it as well!! I SCAN THE FOLDER AND FOUND 4 ROGUE PROGRAMS IN THAT FOLDER ALONE! But I believe the Perfect Optimizer is still running so I have to use a program to kill it from being active. From there you should perform a full system scan just in case there are any other malwares you may have installed due to that program!

AGAIN! DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THE PROGRAM FROM MIRACLE TECHNOLOGY CALL "PERFECT OPTIMIZER" BECAUSE YOU WILL ONLY INSTALL A PROGRAM THAT EMBEDS MULTIPLE MALWARES THAT WILL HARM YOUR COMPUTER!! DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROGRAM FOR THE PEOPLE WORKING BEHIND "PERFECT OPTIMIZER" WILL SCAM YOU OF YOUR MONEY!!
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   Unstatisfied 0 Votes
I have experienced the same issues as many of the unspecting individuals have. Please do not use Perfect Optimizer 5. It has caused my laptop to act erractically. Shutting down unexpectedly, scroll lock engaging causing weird behavior, my sreen goes black, etc, etc... If you used paypal to order this product as it has been 45 days or less; you can directly file your product dispute with them and maybe get some results. The bank that takes your money is CLICKBANK. Go after them and make it known that the products that they sell are junk. Atleast this software is.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   blizzardfreak 0 Votes
Hey hey, I got the same problem, I purchased it this year in the month of Jan. For 5 computers + Extended Lifetime + Malware protection. It seemed fine at first till when I logged in the website and only way is to type in your email address, OK HOLD ON A SEC EMAIL ADDRESS AND NO PASSWORD? Ok, um I thought that was weird, so then like I went on downloading for my dad, he actually wanted a free software all the time, and I decided this has to be the one, wrong choice I ever made. Oh right so then I decided to get it for my laptop since we purchased for 5 computers. Well it's as pontiacman says: Pretty much my address bar was wiped clean, history cannot be viewed/bookmarks, no way to get those back, and this was when I logged onto my laptop after using and clicking fix all option only, no other option and to check or uncheck the remove internet history etc... My laptop had a black screen and I freaked out, what the HELL!?!?! NOOOOO!!! But then I decided safe mode is the only way, to be honest I don't remember what I did to finally log in normally, also I can't remember what happened as my memory is now short. I'll cut to the chase; After using Perfect Optimizer, my internet browser had no history or bookmarks-wiped clean. So what I did immediately was System Restore- well that didn't help, it had no effect, but I still had my bookmarks except that only way to know is enter and letter on keyboard to know what I bookm'd So I left Perfect Optimizer alone for a bit only to realize that using system restore it removed the product. So I believe near the end of Februay 2011 I tried to install it again by logging into the site and it gave me the ERROR REPORT FALSE Site thing reported false site or something, and then refreshes page and has error 404 not found page and some other site. I grew frantic, tried to call them, noticed their 24/7 chat wasn't even working. And decided to find their contacts and emailed them, felt relieved at first and noticed no response, so then I sent another 2 weeks later I think and the 2nd email I sent I also searched for the email if they responded, they did and I read it and the man told me how to re install it and get the updated version. I asked for a full refund for each message. So I sent 3rd email in March, man was I angry I was prepared for all I got, I got the Mail Failure if you used yahoo, so then I went to the email that they sent to me, and I had something about people going to commit suicide and such other things, and posed 3 of the same pictures of a horrifying image of a girl with white eyes holding a doll or head r something I took it with my camera, posted them and sent it, felt so satisfied, went to work hoping they would respond, I was like na no way, but the same person responded, this time it was the same thing about helping me to install the Perfect Optimizer. So I said, you didn't answer my question, I've been asking for a full refund and you keep giving me things I dont need or want to know. So now their response was that I provide them the Id code and stuff and the Products I purchased. I was like oh crap, went through those emails and found the Paypal receipt I used and was like phew, now I cannot tell you more, I am going to let my dad know from finding yahoo answers, that Perfect optimizer is fake and bad. One more thing, Dunno if any of you guys paid the amount I did, $82.82, Look I would rather spend that on 20 games or PS3 or something worht it, wouldn't you? Stay tuned, I will email them later to find out if I can get a full refund, Pontiacman I will gladly help you out if I can or whomever. So this is the reason I cannot tell you more, because I will email them the information later and see what they do I mean come on of I used Paypal it might be a win win situation for me, since us buyers are protected by their protection regardless if the date for 45 calender days have passed. This item is not as is desribed, am I right? Well peace put I'll be coming back soon.

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups