logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
American Airlines
Do not fly american airlines
2. (11 mins ago)
www.stylishplus.com
Never recieved my order or a refund
3. (12 mins ago)
www.stylishplus.com
No info about my order
4. (38 mins ago)
John Kenney
John Kenney is a CONFIRMED SCAMMER
5. (46 mins ago)
Evergreen & Associates Contractor Inc.
scam company

Phone: 4017896919
casmith500@yahoo.com
took out 98.00for a 6.00 watch i wood like to get my money
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2013 by   gesserfan 0 Votes
WTF you want, a cookie?!
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   Tawnja +2 Votes
Did QMax ever give you an address to return the watch to? I just got charged $95 for the "FREE" watch that I bought (just pay $5.99 shipping and handling--right!) from them. When I called them, they would not give me an address to return the watch to. When I called my Visa customer service, they cannot reverse the charges without proof that I returned the merchandise. QMax is a fraudulent, misleading, theiving company. I am not paying $100.99 for this chintsy Wal-Mart quality watch. How do we warn others about them? I'm so upset!!
 18th of May, 2013 by   Doris G +3 Votes
I, too, was scammed with this promo. First I took a short quiz and was 'awarded' my choice of a woman's or man's watch for the price of $5.99. The watch arrived very quickly. Three weeks later my account was charged $95. IT was a 'stealth' scheme which IF I DID NOT RETURN THE WATCH IN 14 DAYS automatically enrolled me in a program to have one of their watches shipped montly for $49. Nowhere in the promo did I see a 14 day 'trial', nor did I see any reference to enrolling in such a program.
I called their 800 # and told them absolutely I was not going to pay such a price for my socalled 'PRIZE'. TtHEY AGREED TO REFUND MY MONEY. WE WILL SEE IF THAT HAPPENS.
Nothing was said about returning the watch..
 18th of May, 2013 by   Doris G +2 Votes
Their web site will give your that information. You must get a form from their site to return the watch.
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   sue havlina +2 Votes
This company is such a scam. They send me a watch I did not order and will not let me return it or can I find an any way to email them. Do not order from this company.
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   Warneda Footman +1 Votes
The did the same exact thing to me, I also took a short quiz, and had a choice of either picking a woman's or man's watch, for only $5.99. I also received my watch quickly. Three weeks after I received my watch, they took 95.00 dollars off of my credit card. First of all they had no business taking 95 dollars off of my credit card, and I am highly upset, because that was not the agreement. I called them and they told me to send the watch back, and they would refund my money back on my credit card, but I don't believe it. If any of you receive your money back, please post a comment and let me know

4th of Jul, 2013 by   lovelylesli +1 Votes
I read the terms on the order page and figured it was a trial offer. It stated it on the order page where you inputted your cc info. I called to see if I could buy the watch but they would not sell me the watch over the phone. Anyway just be more careful every company offers trial and free programs you just need to read the details. Nothing is free in America read the text
 4th of Sep, 2013 by   mjb634221 +1 Votes
I also took a short quiz, and had a choice of ether getting a man's watch or a woman's watch for only $5.99.
SCAM!!! - I was directed to this watch site from an embedment on Amazon's site who said I had a $100 reward for purchasing so much stuff from Amazon. This is why I knew the $95.00 was covered. I read everything and it did not mention the $95.00 would be taken later again, but 30 days later I have a $95.00 charge on my credit card. They won't take watch back for refund, and Amazon does not know anything!!!
 7th of Nov, 2013 by   MGonz +1 Votes
Yep, I got scammed too. I've just contacted the Better Business Bureau and I'm going to contact my local consumer rights group.
 3rd of Jan, 2014 by   elizadix +1 Votes
I, also, bought a$6.00 watch for $95.00. I called and was told nothing could be done. When I said I would call the credit card company, I was given an address to return the watch and was told I would get a refund. We will see.
 9th of Jan, 2014 by   C. Rivers 0 Votes
It was the same exact scam. I was told that I was being rewarded with a ladies" watch. I had to pay only 5.99 for shipping and handling. QMAX enrolled me in a watch of the month club. I called them after I received the first watch. The watch was too big. They told me that it was the smallest size they carry. They sent me two more watches. I thought they were replacing the first watch. I wore the first watch. QMAX claimed that their policy would not allow them to accept returned merchandise. The watches ranged in price from $49.99 to $95.00. The watches were not worth $15.00.They charged me a total of $245 over a five month period. They told me that I signed up for a watch of the month club. They were not very helpful when I called the 1800 number. I would never intentionally sign up for watch of the month club. QMAX misrepresented themselves. crivers
 29th of Jan, 2014 by   rtssvconst +1 Votes
Just went through the same scam. This company is a scam. they just gave a bogus e-mail to file a complaint with and it keeps getting returned to me. My bank is filling fraud charges and also my credit reporting service is setting up a scam alert!!! I'm out a total of $150 at this point my bank is blocking them from charging my account... This is such a waste of my time!! FYI 1-800 number is justa 3rd party that can't help at all major scam alert!!
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   croskey 0 Votes
The same damn thing happened to me $5.99 for shipping and handling free for a short quize another scamming company, why can't this be stopped liars thieves. I have tried to talk to them with no help what to do next, It was $95.00 for watch $5.99 for shipping and then $30.00 over draft fee, Do they think i'm going to order a watch for $100.99 cents and not have it in my account to cover it. Besides it's a wal-mart quality watch
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   bosshogg 0 Votes
HOW TO GET SOME MONEY BACK. JUST DID THIS!!!
PLEASE READ ALL FIRST, OR ELSE YOU MAY FAIL.
ALSO: THESE ARE NOT EXACT INSTRUCTIONS, THEY ARE A STEP BY STEP TO HOW IT WORKED FOR ME.

UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. GET OVER IT. HERES WHAT TO DO:
WHEN YOU CALL THEIR BOGUS LINE, IT IS ACTUALLY A 3RD PARTY COMPANY.
THE CO. NAME IS DIGITAL CONTROL MARKETING (877) 559-0059
THEY HANDLE ALL THE BS FOR THIS COMPANY AND MANY OTHERS LIKE IT.

STEPS ON WHAT TO DO:
1 CALL THEIR LINE (877) 559-0059
2 EXPLAIN IN YOUR OWN WORDS THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL, THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CANCELLATION #, AND AN EMAIL ADDRESS.
3 SEND EMAIL TO "SUPPORT" EXPLAIN THAT YOU DID NOT WANT TO ENROLL IN ANY PROGRAM AND GIVE CANCELLATION #.
4 IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE EMAIL BACK WITHIN 2 HOURS, SEND ANOTHER. (DUPLICATE)
5. YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN EMAIL BACK IN MINUTES. (I DID, AFTER 2ND EMAIL)
6. ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE EMAIL YOU WILL SEE A "JOYCE BOWER" IS THE "BILLING SPECIALIST"
7. DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT EMAIL, WASTE OF TIME.
8. CALL THEIR LINE AGAIN, (877) 559-0059
9. FIRST THING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IN A CALM ASSERTIVE VOICE: "THIS CALL MAY ME MONITORED OR RECORDED"
MAY I HAVE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME (SPELLING AS WELL) AND YOUR EMPLOYEE ID #. (JUST LIKE ANYONE OFFICIAL SAYS TO US) THEY MIGHT ACT SMART AND SAY "FANTASTIC" OR SOMETHING ELSE A SMART ASS WOULD SAY. ALSO ASK FOR THEIR PHYSICAL LOCATION. SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE IN BURBANK, CA. ASK THEM IF THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH QMAX EDITION, OR SEDUCTION LINE FRAGRANCES. (SAME CO. DIFF NAME/PRODUCTS) ASK ABOUT JOYCE BOWER, ASK TO SPEAK WITH HER..WHAT IS HER POSITION..DIG INTO EM, THEY WILL BUCKLE.
10. THEY WILL PROCEDE TO ASK YOU YOUR NAME/INFO GIVE IT TO THEM. THEY NEXT WILL BE ASKING NATURE OF YOUR CALL, YOU EXPLAIN I AM CALLING BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN MANY COMPLAINTS ON COMPLAINTS BOARD, AND "WE" ARE HERE TO SEE HOW WE CAN GET THIS SITUATION RESOLVED, AND TO SEE IF THE COMPLAINTS HOLD ANY WATER BEFORE WE PROCEED. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY TO HELP ME GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED?" THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH, WHO EVER SPEAKS FIRST LOSES. ?
11. THE IDEA THAT YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM IS THAT YOU ARE SOMEONE SNIFFING AROUND ACTING AS A NAIVE CUSTOMER THAT WAS FOOLED. (WHICH IS KINDA TRUE, ME INCLUDED)
12. THEN, IF THEY'RE SMART THEY WILL OFFER TO TRANSFER YOU TO A SUPERVISOR, IF NOT THEN ASK.
13. SPEAK TO SUPERVISOR, FIRST THING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IN A CALM ASSERTIVE VOICE: "THIS CALL MAY ME MONITORED OR RECORDED" FIRST/LAST NAME EMP. ID# ASK FOR THEIR PHYSICAL LOCATION. SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE IN BURBANK, CA. ASK THEM IF THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH QMAX EDITION, OR SEDUCTION LINE FRAGRANCES. (SAME CO. DIFF NAME/PRODUCTS) ASK ABOUT JOYCE BOWER, ASK TO SPEAK WITH HER..WHAT IS HER POSITION..DIG INTO EM, THEY WILL BUCKLE.
14. EXPLAIN AS FOLLOWS (TO SUPERVISOR)
"I AM CALLING BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN MANY COMPLAINTS ON COMPLAINTS BOARD, AND "WE" ARE HERE TO SEE HOW WE CAN GET THIS SITUATION RESOLVED, AND TO SEE IF THE COMPLAINTS HOLD ANY WATER BEFORE WE PROCEED. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY TO HELP ME GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED?" THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH, WHO EVER SPEAKS FIRST LOSES.
15. THEY WILL ALSO GET UNCOMFORTABLE, AND SAY THAT THEY HAVE TO MESSAGE BILLING DEPT. (JOYCE BOWER).
IT TAKES LITERALLY 25 SECONDS FOR HER TO ANSWER. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY USE A SYSTEM WIDE "IM" SYSTEM(INSTANT MESSAGE)
16. HE WILL COME BACK ON AND SAY THEY ARE WILLING TO OFFER $65.00 CREDIT TO YOUR CREDIT CARD. AND WILL ASK DO YOU ACCEPT?
17. SAY, LET ME CHECK. WAIT 15 SECONDS AND SAY YES WE ACCEPT. THANK YOU (NOW THIS PART IS UP TO YOU..YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SIMPLY SAY YES, OR PLAY WITH THEM A LITTLE BIT.) I EVEN MADE FAKE TYPING SOUNDS ON MY KEYBOARD AS IF I WAS TAKING NOTES. I DID ALL THAT TO MAKE IT FEEL REAL ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
18. TAKE DOWN CONF # AND MAKE SURE TO SAY ALL I NEED TO DO IS WAIT 3-5 BIZ DAYS, RIGHT? YES. OK GOOD.
THIS WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO RETURN THE WATCH..ITS A BIG POS ANYWAYS, RIGHT. LIGHT AS A FEATHER GARBAGE.
SO THATS IT.

HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU AS IT DID ME. $65.00 BACK IN YOUR POCKET INSTEAD OF THEIRS. ALSO KEEP THAT CONF # YOU MIGHT NEED IT IN THE EVENT THAT THEY DO NOT REFUND YOU. YOU CAN USE THAT NUMBER TO FILE A DISPUTE WITH YOUR BANK. YOU WILL WIN BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU NEED. NAMES/ID NUMBERS/CONF #'S ADDRESSES ETC.
GOOD LUCK! AND DONT BUY FREE SHIT, ITS NEVER FREE..(NOTE TO MYSELF TOO) :)
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   MR WHITE BLACK -1 Votes
You cannot get an exception made all the time, it depends how far you are past your trial date. i used to work for a corporate office, and let me tell you, we all need to read before entering our info. its not like they put a gun to our head. we are basically roaming into their personal space and asking for it. i mean come on think about it before that greedy thought comes into play where you think your gettin somthing for free. ...IDIOT
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   MR WHITE BLACK -1 Votes
i agree with mr white black. i just accepted the charge, hey i was the one with the responsibility and i didnt read, simple and plain. Besides their watches are the best!!!
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   Alex Groat -1 Votes
hey great company, id like to say i have nothing but good feedback. they have great customer service. im sure the ones who do not read the terms and conditions lean upon their own misunderstanding. although its a shocker when u pay for somthin u didnt expect. to . this is why it is VERY IMPORTANT to READ before you enter your credit card online. People lets wake up

i like this company..

alot, , , .

alot!
 2nd of Jun, 2014 by   GiGi51 0 Votes
My Husband was on Home Depot's Site and this Damn thing Popped up to get a free watch for only shipping charges of $ 5.00 YEAH!! HOT now have a $95.00 charge on my bank acct and the watch is maybe worth $5.00 ..i AM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO STRANGLE HIM, or the sites for having this crap come up..Now I get the daunting job of trying to recoup our money
 19th of Jun, 2014 by   Dalton123 0 Votes
I noticed the $95 charge on the 18th of June, but did not know what it was because the description of the charge just had numbers. Then it disappeared that night, but came back the next day with the description. I called my bank immediately to alert them. I trusted this because of the site that this promo popped up on was a site I wholly trusted.
 10 hrs 39 mins ago by   jlppatches 0 Votes
I too was scammed... paid 5.99 shipping for the FREE watch with mu visa debit card... got the watch and a couple weeks later my debit was pending a $95.00 charge.. my bank cancelled my card to hopefully prevent the charge.. this is a TOTAL scam!!!

3 Top Tips for Finding College Aid