logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Identification Consulting
non delivery of paid-for documents
2. (1 mins ago)
Unable to supply undamaged Barstools from Warehouse

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Publishers Clearing House, Orland Complaints & Reviews - Having to search for a product to buy before I can enter

Publishers Clearing House Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House

Posted:    Joyce

Having to search for a product to buy before I can enter

Publishers Clearing House
6607 Co. Rd. 20
Phone: 5308655653
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C92CA8.7B7828D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary I really resent having to try to buy something in order to finish an entry onto PCH.com. I don't believe that is the right way to approach things. Joyce _____ From: Publishers Clearing House [mailto:PublishersClearingHouse@superprize.pch.com] Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 5:06 AM To: lilaclady@sbcglobal.net Subject: PCH Important Entry Message DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCES TO WIN! Add pch.com to your address book. Why? Important Message PCH.com Publishers Clearing House MARYANN CARTER Contest Department Dear Joyce Staples, The Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol could visit the Staples home to award a $1, OOO, OOO.OO "Tax Free" SuperPrizeR from Giveaway No. 1170. I urge you to follow the instructions below so that you can claim your SuperPrize number. You see, if the SuperPrize number assigned to you matches the winning number drawn, Joyce Staples will win $1, OOO, OOO.OO from Publishers Clearing House, free and clear of State and Federal taxes. Here's what a SuperPrize winner from Giveaway No. 1170 would experience: The Prize Patrol would arrive at our winner's door with flowers and balloons to present the "Big Check" and personally congratulate the winner. Video cameras would be rolling to capture the winning moment. Our new winner would have enough money to enjoy financial security, indulge in a few luxuries ... and perhaps even travel the world. Our new winner would be in the financial position to help others by sending a child or grandchild to college or donating to favorite charities. To receive a valid SuperPrize entry that could ultimately win you a life-changing Tax Free Million Dollars, just use any of the links below to visit PCHSearch &Win -- AND THIS IS IMPORTANT -- search any topic you desire to claim your entry! And please, make sure to visit PCHSearch&Win every day for all your internet searching. Why? Because getting a daily entry for a Tax Free Million Dollar SuperPrize is just the beginning of the exciting prize opportunities that you'll get at PCHSearch&Win. You see, PCHSearch&Win also gives you chances to win instant prizes like computers, plasma TVs and lots and lots of cold hard cash every day. You search the internet all the time, and now, thanks to PCHSearch&Win, your searches could make you a winner -- INSTANTLY! Please don't miss out. Make sure we hear from you soon! If you become our SuperPrize winner the Prize Patrol will personally award you the "Big Check" and be the first to congratulate you on your good fortune! Much success in all that you strive for. Sincerely, Maryann Carter, Contest Department Maryann Carter Contest Department Click Here to Continue $15, OOO.OO Trick or Treasure Halloween Giveaway! P.S. This Halloween, the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol could bring you a $15, OOO.OO treat! Yes, they will personally award a $15, OOO.OO cash prize on October 31st and your first search every day gives you a chance to win! So search now, Joyce, and maybe you'll have a VERY Happy Halloween! _____ To unsubscribe from future PCHSearch&Win emails, please click here. _____ WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY! You've received this email because you are registered with pch.com. You are subscribed as lilaclady@sbcglobal.net. If you no longer wish to receive email from Publishers Clearing House, please unsubscribe. This is a post-only message, please do not reply. If you have any question regarding Publishers Clearing House or other pch.com sweepstakes, please visit the pch.com Info Center. Privacy Policy Habeas Certified Sender Seal Publishers Clearing House, pch.com, and their agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or formatting, whether caused by internet users or by any of the equipment, programming or software associated with or utilized in connection with the Sweepstakes. This offer is open to all residents of the United States, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO. C 2008 Publishers Clearing House 101 Winners Circle Port Washington, NY 11050 [08S4281] ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C92CA8.7B7828D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
I really resent having to try to buy something in order to finish an entry onto PCH.com. I don’t believe that is the right way to approach things.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Aug, 2012 by   satonya hudson 0 Votes
I agree with all the comlaints..PCH is pure bullshit..theey tend to build poor peoples hops to be let down..I've played for muliple years and NOTHING..I SHALL NEVER WAIST MY TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE EVER!!! THEIR ALL FULL OF SHIT!
 5th of Oct, 2012 by   Carolyn Sue Carr 0 Votes
I have been receiving contest to win and then when I go to enteit has Angela instead of my name. I would like to be able to win. I have entered for years and never won anything. Please get this staightend out My name is Carolyn S. Carr Zip Code is 64801. When I enter make sure it is in my name not Angela. Thank You
 30th of Nov, 2012 by   william baker 0 Votes
to whom it may concern; i'm not sure who to talk to i have been buying from pch for some time now.i just purchased a flashligt i recieved the order 3 days agoi put my batteries in and ------------they do not work and i will not pay for something i cannot use so i hope you can advise me what to do
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   Lakesha Wright 0 Votes
I have been entrying pch for a long time.They send me emails to enter before i lost out on winning 5, 000 dollars a week for life. I sent in entry so many time. And they still send me that email everyday. Thats why i believe its a scam. I wish so much that it wasnt but i really can use a miracle for my family. Well thanks for listen.
 29th of Dec, 2012 by   sacme 0 Votes
PCH Is A Bullshit Thing Just To Sell Thing I've Payed That Game For Years O'boy ::Hm You Could Win 5000 Th For Life Ya Right OK, , Its Bullshit :::::::::{ OK WIN THIS }}}} yousac69@yahoo.com
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   nicole turpin 0 Votes
i keep entering but it says to search to complete my entry but then i seach and it keeps telling me this. am i doing something wrong or what am i suppose to do?
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   buckster 0 Votes
A marketing game. It's all bullshit, people! If you don't fit their profile, don't expect to win! The odds are billions to one you won't even if it was legit!
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   buckster 0 Votes
Piece of shit company with questionable morals. A huge waste of time, people!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   Southern Belle 1 0 Votes
I too am frustrated because each day I "complete' the entry form only to be told I will be disqualified the next day by not entering. So it makes me feel like PCH is not a legitimate contest at all. Very frustrating. And I do not understand what PCH "search" is at all - I have searched topics in there but it does not really mean anything to me at all. Does that enter me for something - it just seems like a search engine. Very bizarre...
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   MTC 2469 +1 Votes
PCH is B.S.! I’ve been playing all of their little games every day for around 6 yrs now. That’s a lot of hours I’ll never get back. I’ve never won a cent. The only thing I’ve ever got from them is these vouchers to buy their cheap crap at a huge discount. I can tell you that the retail price, they claim this stuff is worth, is completely false. I wanted a video camera, so I used one of these vouchers to buy one through the PCH. The pamphlet claimed the camera, which was supposed to be, 720 HD video/ 16mp camera, retailed for $499. Through PCH with the vouchers it would be $99. After S/H it was $109. The camera is a total piece of crap. Both the pics and the video are blurry and grainy. I could have bought the same quality camera from Wal-Mart for $69.99. As for their games, they’re just more B.S. Just pay attention to the names going across the bottom of the screen. Supposedly people win prizes on a daily basis. Yet, I’ve noticed the same names for a whole week. Also on the diamond exchange screen there are only 2 spaces that say “try again”. Which is pretty much the equivalent of lose a turn. Yet, it lands on these 50% of the time. As if the sweepstakes entries weren’t already worthless enough. Once I had 18 diamonds and it landed on these lose a turn spaces 11 times. It’s just F-IN’ ridiculous.
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   mtcoffey +1 Votes
Yep, PCH is total B.S. I've been wasting my time time for around 10 years, playing all of their stupid little daily games, and haven't won a nickel. I have bought only 1 thing from them, and it is a total piece of crap. I will never buy anything from them again. However if you want a magazine sub. they do have good deals on those. Just do NOT buy any merchandise. And whatever you do, do NOT waste your life playing their stupid little daily games.
 25th of Aug, 2013 by   jane parker 0 Votes
I dont have a desktop computer or a laptop. All my entries have been done on my mobile phone. Then all of a sudden i get an email stating that i need to let them know if i should be a winner, did i want them to put a hold on the winnings or not. of course i want my winnings, so i clicked on the appropiate place and the entry was in the process of being confirmed when another page came up and said to come back later on your desktop computer to complete this entry. As ive said, i dont own a computer and dont have access to one. The next three emails were the same. They told me that if i didnt answer by a certain amount of time, then even if my number was the winning number, i would not receive the money because i didnt register in time. If i didnt register then would someone please tell me how they have my name, email address, home address, phone number, and up until this time, had accepted all my entries. Its getting close to the end of the super prize winning date (August 29) so i can only assume that its not going to be me because they wont let me complete the last three times ive tried to answer them. I would like to win the big prize but i dont respond well to threats and foolishness. They took all my other entries from my phone so whats the problem? Maybe its because i did not buy anything from them or any of their advertisers. I wont be wasting my time anymore until i get an answer to my complaint.
 20th of Sep, 2013 by   kornuto 0 Votes
i dont like how u guys send me emails saying prize patrol r comeing to my area code gearintead and sumone with my initials has defenatly won and its been a letdown every month i get that and dont even show up in my home town or no one wins with my initials i dont get how u guys could build sumones hopes up so much to get out of there horrible homeless life since i was 12 but all its is is another letdown in life stop geting ppls hopes up
 19th of Oct, 2013 by   Lauralee Hensley 0 Votes
They send you emails in the mail, and you have to search to receive an entry, but then they warn you that your searches may end in your searches being revoked and your entries being revoked if you just search to enter, if you search for the same things over again, if you use search words or phrases that apparently they don't like. I'm getting tired of the threats. I actually purchase products from PCH, but I am seriously thinking of stopping. Have been purchasing from them since 1985, but I don't like the threats. If they require a search to be able to enter, then our freedoms should allow the search to be what we want it to be for, and not just so they can upsell us an item again.
 22nd of Oct, 2013 by   debbie jenson 0 Votes
I just need help! I can't play any pch. lotto/token games. Just doesn't want to load. Please Help! Also---to non- believers, THANKS! It raises every daily players better chances! Thank You PCH! I just wish I could do more, buy more, there are some terrific products that you offer! A loyal fan, Debbie Jenson
 18th of Dec, 2013 by   trisha Browning 0 Votes
Fuck you pch
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   Jeannette Prosser 0 Votes
I received a comfort pillow from PCH which I did not order and do not wish to purchase.
Do you have a phone number I can call? I have purchased many items from you. I am retired and on a fixed income. I don't plan on buying anything again as I can get the same items locally and without paying those high S/H fees.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Jeannette Prosser
 25th of Feb, 2014 by   Tbar 0 Votes
PCH is a total rip-off. Every time I order from them the payment is lost and then billed again with late charges.. three times now in a row. Calling them does no good, they have me under different account names and numbers and etc. So how the hell can they keep track of anything? It should be turned in for mail fraud and the company ceased. Talking to some of the idiots on the phone don't even understand English or can't comprehend what the heck is going on. Now I'm just waiting for the 'lost' checks to be cashed. Besides that I don't think there really are any big winners and the only ones they show on TV live in high dollar homes and appear to be actors. Try looking up their names and they don't seem to exist., even in our own state. I know I have had the same problems with them for years and about every time I have ordered from them or ordered two items at once and then they can't keep track of payments and again do the double billing trick with late charges. No more orders from me or my family and my family thought I was nuts for trying to do business with them again after seeing their cheating practice go on like this for years and with the generation before. Sad.
 5th of Mar, 2014 by   pumpkinman 0 Votes
While Publishers Clearing House may only result in harmless
fantasies, other unscrupulous people use the mid-January through
February period to inundate consumers with similar sounding offers
intended to steal money or sensitive information.
Both the Better Business Bureau in several states and Ct Consumer
Protection Commissioner William M. Rubenstein are warning consumers not
fall for any of these offers that request you buy magazines,
merchandise, pay up front fees, or disclose sensitive financial
information in return for possible windfalls.
“We encourage consumers who are receiving questionable sweepstakes
promotions from Publisher’s Clearing house and similar organizations to
forward them, along with a written complaint, to the Department of
Consumer Protection, ” said the commissioner. “We get a few complaints
each year, but in recent months we’ve seen one that appears to be a scam
using the Publisher’s Clearinghouse brand as a front for requesting
personal financial information from consumers.”
One recently discovered scam involves both the Better Business Bureau and Publishers Clearing House, the BBB says.
Consumers are contacting BBB advising they are receiving calls from
people claiming to work for the Better Business Bureau concerning an
investigation BBB was doing on the award Publisher’s Clearing House
presents to consumers. Consumers are told they have won a prize from the
sweepstakes, but tells them they have to pay a fee to receive the
money.
“Never pay a fee, no matter how small, for winning a contest, sweepstakes or lottery, ” the BBB says.. Not only this but i remember PCH being in trouble because they threw entrys away and some one found them and turned it in. they were all from people that DID NOT place an order. i remember it well. scam is all it is.

How Countrywide Profited on Foreclosures