Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Publishers Clearing House Games Tournament, San Diego, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraud Tournament

Publishers Clearing House Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House Games Tournament

Posted: 2011-11-24 by

Fraud Tournament

Publishers Clearing House
San Diego, California
On the 22nd I took part in a 24-hour Mah-jongg tournament to which the first place winner was to receive $1, 000.00. At ten minutes before the game I refreshed the board and took a picture of my score and was clearly in first place with a 2, 950 token lead above the next high score. Just before midnight the board was refreshed again and it still showed me that I was 2, 750 token lead. Then the game quit and I still had another screen up showing my last score which was held in first place. This morning I get an email from Publishers Clearing House stating "congrats!" - however, the actual place they listed me in was FOURTH PLACE for only a hundred dollar prize. THEY ARE CLEARLY SCREWING ME OVER! I played hard for 24 hours and busted my butt off for that first prize and now they are scamming me out of $900 I rightfully earned. I have attached my proof!!! I am pinkpenguin76, obviously.

Publishers Clearing House Games Tournament Publishers Clearing House Games Tournament

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I should add that I was in Arizona during the contest so ten pm shows on the clock because PCH is located on the East Coast so ten in AZ = midnight in East Coast.

24th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I LAUGH AT THAT BECAUSE I CANT BE DISCONNECTED AND STILL PLAYING THE GAME AND STILL SEEING MY SCORE GO UP... ALL THE WAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT. THEY SCAMMED ME - PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
 24th of Nov, 2011 by    -1 Votes
You think I didn't let them know - WITH my proof? I will still post my complaint on message boards to warn others of their schemes. If they can't fess up - an attorney might help them along. They have been sued (and lost) for shady practices in the past. There isn't a problem if nobody SPEAKS UP. I will not allow companies to do this to others - its not just about ME. If you don't have positive feedback and just want to state the obvious, you should just leave it alone. If I wasnt aware of how they could SCREW YOU I wouldnt have been smart enough to photograph my winning.
 24th of Nov, 2011 by    -1 Votes
...waiting - though I am sure they are going to come up with some lie. Which is why I am preparing myself for this and letting people know. If they justify the situation I will have no problem coming back and notifying everyone they rectified the problem and all is well... but if not, the public deserves to know what they are doing so they can make a decision for themselves whether or not to use this company's sweepstakes and contests. There are lots of poor and elderly that truely believe, like me, that they won - when in fact it appears they had no intention of allowing me to win that first place prize of a thousand dollars.
 29th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am hereby withdrawing my complaint about PCH because they contacted me and informed me of something that was confusing, but did explain why I did not receive the grand prize. For future game players, grand prize will go to the person(s) who scored the highest score during a game during the tournament (one score). I won FIRST PLACE (their letter informing me I was Fourth Place was incorrect and they amended it to First Place - however, this first place was for who scored the highest tokens (which is what I went by) and therefore, the first place in tokens was for a prize of one hundred dollars. Therefore I received the right prize amount and they fixed my title to first place in that area. Thanks - hope this helps y'all to understand an aspect of PCH contest rules.
 27th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I would like to know if there has ever been a PCH winner on the east coast?

Publishers Clearing House Logo Publishers Clearing House