logo

Relo Montreal
Kept full deposit unreasonably
3. (24 mins ago)
gosignups.com
Staff accuses customers in cheating
4. (26 mins ago)
Billing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Publishers Clearing House Collectibles, 382 Channel Drive, New York Complaints & Reviews - Taking advantage of gullible old folks

Publishers Clearing House Collectibles Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House Collectibles

Posted:    Margaret Wilson for Stella Mattheus

Taking advantage of gullible old folks

Publishers Clearing House Collectibles
Port Washington, 11050
382 Channel Drive, New York
Phone: 800-572-4724
My Mom, Stella Mattheus, who has resided at 1312 South Lee, Lodi, CA for the past several decades is now 87 and I recently moved her into a nursing home close to me in AZ. As her daughter I've been paying her bills. The most frequent mail she's getting is from various Publisher's Clearing House scams...bills for products of things that my mother, a diabetic, who has vision problems, has no use for...a woman who a few years ago would have recognized what's going on here. The bills they send and brochures for special purchases have no customer service number...only a number to "pay by credit card". My mom has been getting more confused for the past few years and I'm more than upset that companies prey on these lonely, gullible old folks who can be led down some lane that's not good for them by some friendly marketeer. They will receive nothing more from my mom who has subsided on a meager $14, 000 annual income for years. I've discovered that she's been signed up for three years of magazines that she claims she didn't order (although they have her credit card number), that she has boxes of "gifts" from publisher's clearing house for things she has no use for...my sister in law said she just opened a box containing a beautifully wrapped calendar/planner for 2008 that probably was sent last year. They can ruin her credit if they choose to...she won't be using it anyway...but there's way they'll get another cent from my mom so long as I'm paying her bills.
Sincerely,
Margaret Wilson
623-444-4275
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

2011 Inflation Forecast