logo

Mrs s.w.morris hughes
damage
2. (10 mins ago)
RPT MyScore
They didn’t cancel my account and no refund
3. (10 mins ago)
Gold
Fraud and Money Laundering
4. (10 mins ago)
World Wide Funding Trust
Fraud / Scam
5. (10 mins ago)
Mars dist. Gold and Diamond
Dishonest owner, low quality products

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Publishers Clearing House Complaints & Reviews - False orders / unauthorized collections attempts!

Publishers Clearing House Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House

Posted:    Hollis R. Russell

False orders / unauthorized collections attempts!

This company sends material to the home, the invoice is worded to appear you owe the money, " please mail in this payment so we can send out your gift, the thing is the gift wasn't ordered." The payment is needed to send out the items most of the con is just that payment and many of the elderly just mail in the payments in order to keep the credit rating up. They also send out products you haven't ordered, hoping you will pay for them without looking at the billing, once the first payment is made your obligated to make the remaining [payments, it as though they are using a bait and switch con game, I'm not the only one this has happened to it's about time some-one took them to court on the behalf of those of us who are honest people that they are conning, they also send out a prize letter with your initials on it, suggesting you are the next one in line to win the prize, once you bite they continue to send out more information stating you are getting closer and closer each time more gift money is collected, if that's no a con then what is. They need to be stopped they make their money on elderly, poor, overly expectant honest people who believe they have a chance at winning the grand prize but you just keep waiting and waiting until the date passes, and they throw another line at you.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Sep, 2007 by   carol cogar 0 Votes
I agree with the complaints this person has. I have had the same thing happen to me,saying i have ordered magazines that i never received and than trying to collect for the specific amount.
I have been turned into a collection agency for one and i have never received a copy.Been many more instances.
Will never order again from PCH
 25th of Sep, 2008 by   gloria goenaga 0 Votes
i ordered a wrist blood pressure meter which did not work legitimately at all., NO systolic pressure registered nor pulse rate In fact it even took the blood pressure of the air! I, suspecting foul play - made in China where else?, decided to run it without wrapping it around my wrist after it failed around the wrist, Even so, it gave out an obviously phony diastolic reading. If one were to take a decision based on this piece of JUNK, say lowering a bit one's blood pressure medication, this decision could be a fatal one. Of course, I have refused to pay for this toy. Accordingly, now I am expected to incur in the expense and the bother to return this piece of JUNK, which is very difficult for me to do since I am disabled, hemiplegic, precisely due to a stroke caused by hypertension.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   Distraught daughter 0 Votes
I have spent hours trying to resolve the Publishers Clearing House disaster my Dad has created in his efforts to WIN!! He is 96 years old and is sure this is the answer for his entire family. His recent stroke makes it impossible to reason with him not to enter anything. They are receiving items called "collections"; coffee, coins, nuts, etc. These items are very expensive and are not ordered or reordered. There is no way to contact this company online and they have limited Customer Service hours. Trying to do anything online with their website quickly takes you to the window to enter the next contest. Up pops a smaller window giving you the option to click Cancel or Continue. Neither of these takes you out of the Enter site, just back to the Enter window. The only way I could get out of this cycle was to delete the web address showing in the address bar and type in the "google" address. Amazing trick to keep you in their clutches, you can't get out! My Mom is frantic worrying about all the collection notices and large invoices for items they never use. I have been returning these items and telling her not to worry about a ding to their credit report. It is really sad that we will have to resort to diverting their mail to our address or to a PO Box using a Limited Power of Attorney. Publishers Clearing House will just keep losing money trying to continue the trap of this elderly couple.
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Legio Romanus 0 Votes
On January 25, 2012 I received two small boxes from Publishers Clearing House that I did NOT order. I have never even been to their internet site! They contained some small sample of something you rub on your car headlights and some kind of plastic egg holders that I am not even sure of what they are for. I called their customer service number (obviously in India) and the lady insisted that I ordered these junk items on 16 January via the internet. She called me a liar (practically) when I said I did not. They don't have my credit card number, of course, but had the nerve to put an invoice in the box due for about $33.00 for this junk in February. I will not pay it and I am not going to the post office and pay out of my pocket to ship this junk back to them. If they have the nerve to try and collect this small sum from me and attempt to damage my credit rating, I assure you I will have my attorney file a suit action against their unethical asses.

Prescription Drugs Getting Cheaper