logo

PSE&G
13 Vernon AVe
Clifton, New Jersey
Phone: 9735800719
On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 I came home after a long hot day of work to no power in my home. Unfortunately, this has not become uncommon in my home. In these hot months I have at least 13 power outages for over 2 hours each. After complaining, I have never been reimbursed either. On the date mentioned above, this was not a typical power outage, PSE&G shut off the power. They stated I did not pay my bill which I had. No I did not give a full payment, because I am on the budget plan and my year ended in August leaving me with a very large bill. I still question this because during the previous months I was on target and then all of a sudden in August of 09, I was $800.00 over my budget plan. I still paid $330.00 and was going to make another payment this week, but they shut my power off for lack of payment. The lady on the phone was extremely rude to me threatening to hang up the phone on me if I did not calm down. Could you imagine thinking that there was a two hour power outage to hear your power was shut off for lack of payment when you know you paid, would anyone be calm? I had to go to the service center, wait 2 hours give them all of my money in the bank account, leaving me without food for the next two weeks and give them money. The service center told me because the payment was received at 3PM my power may not be on to later on at night or the next day. I explained my elderly father was staying with me and has asthma which would definitely be aggravated by the heat. They said they would try but could not promise me anything. I explained I was there at 1PM and can't understand why I had to wait until 3PM and that was causing my power turn on to be delayed, they had no explanation. I also explained the payment I made and they told me that it probably was not processed because I must have had the account number wrong considering after 10 years of having PSE&G they changed account numbers? I was completely confused. I used my phone to get on the internet to look on the bank account and noticed that the payment was never cashed so I was going to call the bank in the morning and straighten everything out. From there I went directly home and waited outside for 6 1/2 hours. I had to have the neighbors take my dad in their air conditioning so he could be comfortable. It wasn’t until I called PSE&G emergency line and reached the only friendly person there who changed my order and had PSE&G there in 5 minutes. The next day I went to the bank to find out what was the issue with the account number to find out that my account was now overdrawn because they now took the payment out and the account number I had on file was never wrong. I am sick and tired of having to deal with this monopoly with no help. Can someone help me? I now still have no food, make too much on paper to qualify for help and have been completely screwed by PSE&G. What do I do?
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2010 by   Laura Cirino 0 Votes
I too need help with PSE &G. I have been renting a 2 bedroom apartment on Prospect Street in East Orange and my bill is nearly $600 per month!! I've contacted PSE&G numerous times, I 've contacted my landlord and no one seems to care. I lost my husband in part because of our fight about this utility bill. We were only two working adults and a 12lb dog, it's impossible for 1 refrigerator, 1 television, and one microwave to cost $600 each month. Prior to moving to this apartment, our bill was never over $65 a month. Can someone please help me?! I just paid $900 last Thursday but if my bill is excessive for June, I have no choice but to move out. I will not go into a 3rd year in this place paying $600 a month when 12hours a day, I am away from the house working.

Lauracirino90@gmail.com
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   carguyted 0 Votes
WOW... These folks are so bad. They came to shut off my power over a fight on Gas readings and their estimates. The PSE&G guy said to me that I could "buy" him some dinner and he mark it shut off and leave it on. Then I can pay the bill whenever. I gave him $20 and he kept his hand out and when I ran out at $50 he got in his little company (gray) car and drove away.

I tried to report it when we finally squared the account and they couldn't or wouldn't believe it. They came to put it back on and said it was never locked out or removed... some employee integrity

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water