logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)

Insurance

Protect your bubble
Merseyside, England
United Kingdom
There are no standards when it comes to customer service with this company what a joke! I phoned up to claim as my screen on my phone cracked. they are wanting to take the premium for the year out my account before I even know if the claim has been successful or not. Whoever I spoke to on the phone was so unhelpful and didn`t seem to know what she was doing. Cannot believe this company is alowed to operate like this
Comments United Kingdom Home Insurance / Warranty
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Protect your bubble complaints
Protect your bubble - Claims Is To High

Comments

9th of Jun, 2011 by   Alankar Gundawar 0 Votes
hello guys please beware of this shit company PROTECT YOUR BUBBLE. COM this people dont give your claim they misguide you. thing is i have done claim but they didint give my phone they said it not proper claims but everything was done according to there condition.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY PLEASE FIND SOME OTHER COMPANY.
YOU CAN ASK ME ABOUT CLAIMS +44 7574069421
 20th of Jun, 2011 by   Craigo30 0 Votes
I agree totally. Protect your bubble are the worst company I have ever had to deal with. No customer service at all. No correspondence between them and me I had to make all of the phone calls to find out any info and have been waiting six weeks for my replacement phone to be sent to me.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Rosie6426 0 Votes
I am currently having a similar problem with them. They have taken out the excess for my laptop, told me that the claim had gone through when I called. Called again to see why the laptop has not been picked up and I got told that the claim was now void as I took insurance out after 6 months of having the laptop. THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE, THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY AND THEY ARE REFUSING TO REPAIR OR REPLACE. Effectivly they have been charging me for a false sense of security and have now stolen my money!!!

WORSE COMPANY EVER!!!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   TwinkleTwinkle -3 Votes
That would make the contract with them null and void so therefore you should be given back the excess that you paid. Any problems with this bunch of morons contac trading standards or try this email address david.ferguson@protectyourbubble.com
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   Susie J O D 0 Votes
yes I took out insurance with them for my iphone 4 which I accidently put in the washing machine. Sent off all the claim forms etc only to be told it is not covered because my boss bought me the phone and the sales receipt is in his name. Unbelieveable and now when I try and email their complaints team, the email bounces back. Shocking Company.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   TwinkleTwinkle -1 Votes
You bought the insurance for the phone it shouldnt matter who bought it? Go thru their terms and conditions and if its not mentioned you need to contact trading standards and also the FSA, Use this email and see if it gets you futher david.ferguson@protectyourbubble.com inform them that if this problem is not sorted out within 14days you will be taking legal action. This company will do anything they can to get out of paying claims. People need to keep reporting them to TS and even watchdog they need sorting out.
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   lostwithoutiphone 0 Votes
I have had a similar problem with them. They are a terrible company. They'll try to not pay out on anything. I had my phone stolen between me leaving work and getting home last week, but I didn't realise it. I only noticed my iphone wasn't in my handbag and thought I'd left it at work. When it wasn't I reported it to pyb, service provider, police etc. But have been told by pyb they won't pay out on my claim because I didn't report it to my provider within 12 hours. Except I did - within 12 hours of me realising it was lost/stolen. I even paid extra for the loss cover. Such jokers. And their customer service is abyssmal. I've appealed but you can't talk to anyone on the phone about appeals and their email address just gives you an automated response. Plus they claimed I'd cancelled my account when I hadn't and it took 3 days to sort that one out! Please, if you're thinking about getting gadget insurance - go with someone else!
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   ben ripedoff 0 Votes
By now you guys must have the genral workings of this FIRM at no point must you use this so called firm it would be like pissing in the wind.They make the rules up as they go, because i did not inform my net work providers within 12hrs they declined my claim, which by the way was a gal 2, perhaps they dont have enough money in their account to pay for such adear peice of kit. I strongley advise anyone with a complaint to persue this all the way and get ofcom involved so we can finally get this firm closed down, as for the way the staff deal with your problem, theirs an old saying thay ibelieve in :EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY;.give these sharks a very wide birth, .
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   Gary Hamilton 0 Votes
Absolutely aweful.
I have just reported these to my local trading standards. I suggest everyone should do the same and try and get these theiving rats shut down. They are ever so happy taking your monies monthly but when you need to make a claim find anyway possible to wriggle out of accepting a claim. I then asked to speak with a manager and was told no managers are available. 2 days later no call back. Absolutely disgusting. I would love to see how many people have actually had a claim accepted.
0/10 for Customer Service
0/10 for Handling Complaint
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   lina ahmed 0 Votes
i took out insurance on my i phone 4 almost 2 years ago never received any paper work after requesting it about 20 times over the 2 years. today i dropped my phone n the front glass screen broke i called them only to b told that the excess fee is more than the actual repair is gonna cost the operator basically told me like it or lump it!!! disgusting company robbing people! im not leavin it here!!! AVOID PROTECT YOUR BUBBLE!!!
 17th of May, 2012 by   crazymemo 0 Votes
ive the same problem i lost my iphone and firstable i reported police then got my loss report numba .then i called air provider for block it then try2 connect wiv this horrible piece of shit company about 2days then finally 2day they decided2answer my calls after all my e-mails2them they sed we cant make ur claim its declined coz ur so late 2 inform ur air provider it should be 12 hours but u took it14 hours .for god sake i ve been paying for extra loss money on my policiy wht u all on bout this horrible a insurance i'll let ppl know to avoid this compay coz other wise they will get ripped out like me n others its unbelieveable absolutely smellls SCUM.wht im gonna do now wivout my phone and paying my contract til /2013 :((
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   Jburnsmckenzie 0 Votes
Absolutely dreadful company . I just received a decline letter stating:
There has been Mismatch of Information:
You contacted us on the 28th of May 2012 advising us that your handset had been lost/stolen three days prior on the 25th of May 2012. However when a conference call was conducted you confirmed that it was a typo error on your part and in fact the incident happened on the 25th of March 2012.
Utter rubbish ! I reported it to my service provider, the police on 25th may and most certainly did not say it was actually stolen two months prior !! I mean really !!!They are total lying crooks !! No idea what to do next ?
Do not use them !!
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   JulieJulz 0 Votes
Why isn't anyone reporting this the BBB? They are showing A+in their ratings! Why hasn't anyone called their attorney general? They have helped me before with another online scam. Just saying.
 27th of Jun, 2012 by   Mixed Up Ipod 0 Votes
Been trying for days to get through regarding a repair on Ipod. Has been repaired through them before where the ipod was treated firstly as an Ipad so they wanted more excess plus all monthly payments. Explained it was an Ipod and eventually charged me the right excess. They also forgot to tell me I needed to complete a form that they forgot to send me so was in limbo for weeks, then they said 'you need to fill in a form' I said, why didn't you tell me sooner, answer - because policy came in after I claimed but before claim was completed so it was my fault!!! After it was returned, everything was ok then I broke it again (bought case now so ok for future). Had to make another claim. However, in order to be told this, I phoned them 4 times, put on hold for 25 minutes each time then cut off. As this is around 5p per minute I was peed of to say the least. I eventually got though on the fifth time after 20 mins. No apology when I said how long I'd been waiting, just silence. As the ipod had been repaired before, they only needed details of how it was broken again. They told me to fill in form and send it back. I did not get the form. Phoned again but again on hold too long to wait. (My mobile rapidly running out of credit). I emailed complaints who contacted me quickly to say they had sent it and my inbox must have spammed it (it doesn't do that), but attached a copy. Duly completed and returned. Weeks later, they phone me but as I was driving, I missed call. I rang them back and, surprise - put on hold then cut off again and again. Contacted complaits again to make an official complaint to the regulatroy body. They finally took me seriously and phoned me on one of the many numbers I gave them to contact me. Took another excess fee, tried to take rest of premiums already paid on first claim. I have now sent the ipod back and am awaiting its return. I have also been contacted to say that my complaint is being dealt with and the name of the ombudsman should I not hear within 14 days! Wait and see.
 24th of Jan, 2013 by   kennnny 0 Votes
I wish i read all this before i signed up with protect my bubble insurance, i have been with them for over a year and had my headphone stolen on a train filled for a complain and its took them exactly 2months and 2weeks to get back in contact with me after several calls and emails. Now my claim had been refused because i phoned them to tell them about it after 2days and did not report it missing within 24hours and only because not only was this lost on a train and i believed there are CCTV cameras so a chance of getting back my headphone was realistic but also because i have a special attachenment to that particular headphone and the hassle of going through a claim/police report was something i was not ready to do. It is absolutely disgusting their customer service are and the whole appeal process is even worse because you cant actually speak to anyone its got to be done through email. This is exactly why i didnt want to make a claim in the first place because this whole porocess is just strength and time consuming.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   LeeLee2208 0 Votes
I have had a policy with them for 4 months now. I had a slip on the snow and my phone came out of my pocket and went into all the slush. It was water damaged, I contacted them Last week and they said that I would have to pay an access of £50 which I was fine with. Today I called them as they sent me an email saying my claim had been accepted only to find my excess was now £160. They said that I have to pay the standard £50 plus a years permium up front also. I was furious as I was told that there would be nothing more than the £50. I demanded to speak to someone to make a complaint but they said no one wants to know and are not interested. I said I will cancel my Direct Debit only to be told go ahead, its not our problem!!! They are a disgrace and are misleading everyone, surely there are laws agains these criminals? Am so angry that I have fallen for this rubbish, anyone know where I can get any advice from?
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   rnorthc2 0 Votes
I completely agree, they are an awful company. my phone was stolen and they are doing everything they can to not honour my claim. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SHAM. With all these complaints its a suprise they are still allowed to stay in business?!!
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   billybobdog 0 Votes
I purchased insurance from this company when i tried to make a claim they told me i could not claim their policies are not to the word nor specific it does not say send your damaged device it just states that the damage you reported to us and is not consistant with what you reported your device will be sent back to you this company makes claims it does not honour and the amount of people giving bad reviews all with the same experience, i insured my phone with my bank before them i never had a problem before and the staff are rude if your customer service continues to proceed with this manner you will soon be out of a job.
 13th of May, 2013 by   Jihanj 0 Votes
Protect your bubble is a big fat freaking joke...oh ur proof of purchase from your network is invalid x3.the amount of calls I have made between them and phone network is gonna cost me I tell you that...we cannot take conference call from a third part (my phone network) after they told me to call my phone network. I know that I will not be getting back my phone and thanks my phone network for making sign up with them gotta love them for that. ANYONE that wants to go with this insurance company I advise you now to run fast and sign up else where because your phone bill will sky high trust me I have been waiting two weeks for my claim to go through and I have full made up mind and know that I will not be getting my phone back ://///
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   Tracy Kiesler 0 Votes
Hi same problem they want me to pay me excess plus 10 months premium as well to repair my phone this needs stopping what a con company

5 Tips for Buying Diamonds