logo

Joe Amico
Cyber stalker
5. (23 mins ago)
ZONG
taking money off my phone for poker chips and not given me any

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Proscan TV Complaints & Reviews - Problem with ProScan TV - Thomson, Inc.

Proscan TV Contacts & Informations

Proscan TV

Posted:    Yukiyo

Problem with ProScan TV - Thomson, Inc.

The remote sensor of our 5-year-old 32-inch Proscan TV broke TWICE within a year. At the second time when the same part went bad (May 2006), I didn't want to fix it without knowing what's causing the problem; rahter, I wanted to buy a new more-dependable TV. Thomson, which is the manufacturer of
ProScan/RCA TVs, could not answer my question, but their representative told me to get it fixed by the authorized repair company in town (we hired them.), Tyler's TV, again, then get the money ($89.95) back from Thomson. I trusted his words, got it fixed, and sent the letter of explanation and copies of receipts as instructed by this representative, instead of getting the money back from Tyler's TV and toss this costly TV. However, I had not received any response or refund by Thomson for the past two months. I myself called them today only to find out that Thomson changed their minds (Today's rep said to me "it was two months ago" - meaning their response is different now.) and decided not to give me the money back. The fix is already done two months ago. I can't call Tyler's TV now to void the fix
and give me the money back. Is Thomson a reputable and trustworthy company? Do a consumer always have to cry over the spilt milk? Any comment will be appreciated.

Yukiyo

following is the complaint letter I sent to their Headquarter:

July 10, 2006

Consumer Relations
Thomson, Inc.

Re: case# 11X09 (#11LPM)

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter today to claim the reimbursement of $89.95 from Thomson, Inc. On May 19, 2006, your representative Albert @ 1-866-465-7157 told me to send the letter of explanation with copies of receipts, and I will get the money back from Thomson, Inc. So I followed the instruction.
However, I did not receive any refund, phone call or even letter to follow up on the issue. I finally called today to inquire about it, and Jeffery at the same phone number told me that the company had received my letter on May 23, 2006, but had decided not to give the money back.

Prior to sending the letter to you, I had spoken with several people of Thomson, Inc., including technical support, trying to find out what’s wrong with our remote sensor of TV, which had been broken twice within a year. Nobody could explain it; therefore, I decided NOT to fix this Thomson TV and
buy a new TV, instead of spending another $89.95 to fix it. I made an appointment with Tyler’s TV, your authorized repair company, to get the new part off our TV and give us the money back. It was set. Then, Albert, your customer representative, told me I don’t need to do it; rather, I would get the money back from the company. It was a good news to me. So I went ahead and canceled the visit by Tyler’s TV, wrote the letter to Thomson and waited for the money back from the comapny.

Two months later, not only I did not receive $89.95 back, no one from your company even confirmed that they received my letter; no one from your company called me or wrote to me to tell me that Thomson changed their mind and decided not to give the refund to me. Jeffery even told me that the
refund was promised 2 months ago, now they say no refund. Can a reputable company change their mind like that? How can I request Tyler’s TV now to come back to my house, get the new part (now 2 months old) out and give me the money back? Would you call Mr. Tyler and ask it?

I fully trusted your company and your representative’s words, so I canceled Mr. Tyler’s appointment two months ago. How can I ask him to give me the money back now because Thomson changed their minds? This is absolutely ridiculous.

At the end, Jeffery told me to write to you to solve this issue. The whole case is written in your case files of #11X09 (and #11LPM). Please give me the money back as promised.

Sincerely,

Yukiyo

Leesburg, VA 20175
703-443-1sss
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Proscan TV complaints
Proscan TV - will not work

Comments

1st of Jan, 2008 by   Regg 0 Votes
I agree totaly...I get no respnse either for just a simple solution to the remote/laoding the cable or an extention for audio

V/r
Regg
 20th of Mar, 2008 by   garth 0 Votes
I was going to buy a 32 inch lcd proscan but after reading this i will buy a tv from a reputable company. thank you for the heads up on the shitty service you are getting. spread the word and put these fucks outta business.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   kjkjl 0 Votes
Yukio, No offense-but DUH, what is a 'reputable company' in the third world?
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Elain Bailey 0 Votes
This company does not care if they do not have a good reputation. The same happens to my tv.It has been 3 months and I still not gottten anywhere, after many phone call. Dolly
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   GuyRoy 0 Votes
I have been dealing with a burnt out pixel issue for over 2 months now and can not seem to get a response out of these people. A compny to avoid and spread the word about.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   rad 0 Votes
I had a Proscan TV years ago and it was the best TV I ever owned and just recently purchased a 32 inch and it is a piece of crap I will never ever own another!
 5th of May, 2009 by   Daril 0 Votes
I bought a 32" Proscan from Sears, it too is a piece of crap, not only will Proscan service not call back after calling them and reaching nothing but an answering machine 6 times, Sears refuses to help saying it's a manufacturer's warranty, nothing they can do about it even though the tv is only 5 months old. Trash can product and trash can marketing!
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   warren 0 Votes
This company is a real rip-off and we all should join forces and sue the hell out of them. They don't give a damn about making things right with the consumer. It's been just about three months since my 32" has been broken and all I get is smoke blown up my ass! I'm dealing with Tyler TV repair and these guy are great and I feel sorry I got me involved with such a an unprofessional company. Proscan and Thomson, Inc our as worthless as Dick Cheney and a three dollar bill!
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   maria 0 Votes
I been calling to Proscan several times because, my TV still under manufacturer guaranty and I have been triying to get the costumer services to unswer my call, this never happened.Maria
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   bashamd 0 Votes
I have a 32" Proscan that goes black on the screen after about 20minutes. The sound is still there but the picture is blank. I can turn it off for five minutes and then get a picture for another 20 minutes but then it goes blank, again. I would not recommend a Proscan Tv to anyone.
Don Basham
Mount Vernon, VA.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   energylife 0 Votes
wow really? Costco is selling two 40 inch tv's for next to nothing. I thought it was too good to be true. Thanks so much for this post I will not be purchasing them now. Damn now I have to save more moolah to get a real tv. Any suggestions?
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   FLGal 0 Votes
We bought a proscan in June, it has recently been getting hot, and there is a burning, toxic smell. We called Best Buy and were told that they would not take the TV back, but would be happy to ship it to Thompson's for them to repair. This could take a month or more. My husband told them that this would be difficult as we don't have another television. He was then informed that he could just buy another TV to watch, and as soon as his TV came back from the repair shop he could "return" the other TV.

If they won't take back the one we have now do they seriously think we would come in and buy another!!! LOL no, I don't believe they would take it back.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Sojeong 0 Votes
I bought Proscan TV in Nov 2009, and the sound board is gone after 3 months. Called consumer affair and ordered parts after tech looked at it. after 2 weeks, we did not get the parts. Called Proscan and they said it is on back order. I requested repalce the TV and the rep said he will technician to call me. I asked what will happen after tech call me. then he said if tech authorizes repalcement, I will have new TV or you will have option to throw away...I am so disgusted with his response.
 1st of May, 2010 by   M. Rodriguez 0 Votes
we just bought a 40" proscan LCD, and love everything about it, except for the lack of quality sound. this is our first hdtv and everything about it is so much better than the old clunker we had. however, after reading these reviews I wish I had waited to afford to buy a more reputable hdtv. But you can't cry over this; I am grateful for this new tv, my husband and I are totally enjoying it. Any suggestions on adapting speakers and surround sound? Much appreciated, thanks.
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   The Henge 0 Votes
Biggest P.O.S I bought the one and only thing I will ever buy from HGTV came with the dvd playera nd surround sound neither of those work and now I just get the greaan screen on the T.V. SO I have to shut off and turn back on far too often. 37" LCD model
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   ken carnahan 0 Votes
we have a 32 inch proscan and the sound went out, i cant figure it out, i think its gone for good.im going to try to calling proscan to see if they can help, but reading all these complaints has got me worried
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   AtomicDog 0 Votes
Just bought a Proscan 40LD45Q 40" LCD about 3 months ago. Beautiful picture, but now it does not turn on. The blue light will come on for a few seconds, then turn back to red. Then it will have no response. I unplug it and it will do the same when I power it up again. After it turns red, there is no response whatsoever, until I unplug and plug it back in again. Who do you call for that?
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   rgmbem 0 Votes
This comapny need to recall the 42 inch Prscan TV, Our started smoking and u can smell the wires or something buring. The TV is only 2 years old, And Sears wont take it back or anything. was on the phone wit them for 49 mins. Dont buy from this company beening they dont worried about that product catching fire
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
Dear rgmbem,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that you are having with your TV. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We would like to look into this on your behalf to see how we can resolve this to your satisfaction.
My name is Misty with Sears Cares and we would like to discuss this with you further. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the TV was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (rgmbem) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 11th of May, 2011 by   Dal Cole 0 Votes

My tv is still under warranty by manufacter but im unable to get phone number that works . - Proscan TV

My televison is still under warranty by manufacter but i am unable to get a working number.

Secret Shopper Check Fraud