logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
fret12.com
Seller refused to take items back
2. (32 mins ago)
offleaseonly
damage cars instead of a car
3. (32 mins ago)

Pronto Chargers

Posted:    TasR44

Scam

Pronto Chargers
Found a cheap a/c adapter online at Prontochargers.

Wasn't going to buy it because there was no phone number. When I told the online agent I wasn't going to buy, SUDDENLY someone offered 2 numbers and promised to get it to my business destination on time. It arrived when I was already at my next destination. I had to pay to mail it back to me. Finally I got it out of the box at my final destination only to see the wires were exposed.

I had 3 phone numbers an no one answered my calls. One clod decided to answer a call and asked how I got these phone numbers then told me I had to call the 'warehouse' only to be told I have to pay to mail it back. So much for my cheap online purpose.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Sep, 2010 by   AACme 0 Votes
In January of this year (2010) I purchased a laptop adaptor from PRONTO CHARGERS.COM. I had it over-nighted because I could not afford to be without my laptop for any period of time (I am in the last year of my Ph.D.). It arrived and everything was fine, for about 6 months. On Monday June 28, 2010 I called PRONTO CHARGERS.COM to inquire about my adaptor warranty. I was informed that it had a 2 year warranty. Since I was only 6 months in, I thought it would be no problem to receive my warranty and get a new adaptor (or at least have this one repaired, if it could be). Instead, I was told that I would have to pay a $20 “convenience fee” to receive the charger. I said that I was not going to pay for a product that was already under warranty. I asked for the new adaptor to be mailed to me. I was told that they would not do this without the $20 fee. I did not agree with this and asked to speak to a manager. I was told that a manager would call me back in an hour and a half. Two days later I had still not received a call, and called them back. I spoke with a rude employee whose name was Sidra. She yelled at me that someone had called me back but hadn’t left a message. By that point, you’d think I’d have known that I wasn’t dealing with a reputable company. Apparently, a person must pay for their product despite any warranties, and the manager calls customers and doesn’t leave messages. I informed her that I had not received a call, and had waited by the phone for this call, because of the importance of the charger and the work that I needed to get done. After she began to yell at me again, I informed her that I was not a child, but a paying customer and would not be spoken to this way. I then asked her to speak with a manager. She informed me that she was the only person I could speak with. I asked again to speak with someone else, who had better customer service, and she told me in a very rude and obnoxious manner that she was the only person I could talk to. I got off the line with her and requested a different dial, one that led me to the dispatcher. Her name was Sarah, and she as the only person at this 3- person company that treated me as a customer and with any respect. I left a message with her and she told me that she would have the manager call me, for sure. Several hours later he called. His name was FIAV PIRANI, and he was as rude as his employee Sidra. He told me my options were to pay to receive another charger, or send them the old one first, then they’d send out a new one. By then I had learned of their scam. I had gone online and read other reviews and found out that this was how they duped their customers (I really wish I had read the reviews before ordering from this company. I would have known to avoid them at all costs). Their scam is this: They sell deficient products that work for a limited amount of time. When the customer calls about a warranty they charge them an additional $20. When the second deficient product breaks, they then make an additional $20 from the customer. If the product breaks within 6 months, they have made an additional $80 on a product that cost even less than that. Or, if you send the product back, you get nothing in return. So basically, you’ve paid for a charger that they get to keep.

I told him that I did not agree with those options, and that I would like my charger sent out, and that I would also send the broken one in. He said no, because he would have no way of knowing if I’d send the broken charger back. I guess he was worried that I would keep the broken charger and scam him the way he was scamming so many others. I offered to put tracking and delivery confirmation on the item to prove that the broken charger was sent and still he refused. He then got upset, and said that I could send the charger to him, or pay the $20, and that was that. He became obnoxious and accused me of breaking my own charger. I told him that I no longer wanted to deal with his company, paying $20 every 6 months for a charger that’s under warranty and that I had already paid for. I requested a refund. He said that I was trying to get the charger free. I told him that it wasn’t free because I had already bought a new one from Best Buy that was even more expensive than the one I’d bought from him, so that I had actually lost out by having to pay more when in actuality I had only wanted to recoup my warranty and get another charger. He refused the refund. He told me he did not care about what work I had to get done that it was not his problem. He told me to pay the $20 or keep the broken charger. I told him that his business practices were unacceptable and he told me he could do what he wanted. He then told me to keep the broken charger and not to call his company again. He then proceeded to hang up the phone in my face. I called back and requested his name and the company’s information so that I could report them. The person who answered the phone put me on hold, went to get him, and he hung up the phone on me again.

I can see now why he and his employee were so rude and unconcerned about handling me, a customer, with such disrespect and disregard. They already have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. They ‘ve had a number of complaints against them, and their company and have answered none. They don’t care, and meanwhile they are making money on unsuspecting consumers who would not have thought that a company could legally operate like this. They are running a scam that has affected a lot of people. They sell a $40 or $60 charger, then charge the customer for the charger they thought they were already covered for. At the end of the warranty term, they’ve made double the original cost of the charger. And if the customer doesn’t pay the money, but send in the old charger and wait for the new ne they’ll wind up waiting forever because the new charger will never come, and the customer will still be out. There are a number or reviews detailing their scam, and yet they are getting away with this. Something must be done, and I plan to pursue this matter as far as it will go. People work hard for their money, and do not deserve for these fly-by-night companies, such as PRONTO CHARGERS.COM to steal it from them. FIAV PIRANI and PRONTO CHARGERS.COM need to be stopped.

To report this company to the Attroney General please fax a letter of complaint to 713-223-5821. You must include your name and contact info, your dealings with this business, and the company's contact info which is: 13003 Murphy Rd., Suite M-1, Sattford, TX 77477. Attn: Complaint department. Together we can and will stop this company.

Beware of Free Land Scam