logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
AT&T
No level of competence in services
2. (35 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
3. (43 mins ago)
JOIN IN ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Programdot.com, Oregon Complaints & Reviews - How did they get my c.c. info?

Programdot.com Contacts & Informations

Programdot.com

Posted: 2011-11-19 by    59ekim

How did they get my c.c. info?

Mike Myers
Oregon
I was checking my credit card charges and there was one I didn't recognize. It read" SEM*HOME PLAY" and then had their 800#. So I called the number and got, Welcome to Programdot.com services, we're closed.(it was the weekend). So I put in "Programdot.com" into my searce engine and in what came up was this complaint board (thanx) and other page's.Clicked on one that read programdot.com cancellation, and what came up had a handful of company logo's across the top and one looked a little familiar, so I clicked on the "FAQ" on the bottom of the page and in what came up was the same phone # as on my credit card charge, so I knew I was in the right area.So I filled out the cancellation request, then printed my confirmation copy. Now this incident was only $1. But in reading that "FAQ" page it said, Trial period, Membership, etc., which ment more charges to come. This whole ordeal came about when I went online to play FREE game's.There was NO Registration and my C.C.was never brought up. Well imagine my anger, because I just went through this same situation last week over a magazine scam racket that charged my card around $200. That I NEVERED ORDERED.and yes I got that all reversed. After some research I found out that some companies that you buy from online, sell or let have to Third Party companies, all your info., INCLUDING YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT INFOMATION. MY COMPLAINT IS; This can't be OR should not be legal. My advice is to keep track of all your charges and research all unknown charges.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

How to Buy an Auto Safety Kit