logo

Overbilling

Proactiv
4827 N. 47th Street
Phone: 4143244418
On December 3, 2011, I placed an on-line order for the Proactiv Kit for $35.95. The next day I received an e-mail stating that my card was not accepted. I called in and spoke to a representative and he told me not to worry that the order would still be processed. On December 5 I was told that my order could not be processed and to try another card. I don’t have another card so I told the representative to disregard and cancel my order. Obviously, this was totally ignored by incompetent workers. On December 8 I went to the mall and purchase one tube of refining mask for $31. This is money that was withdrawn from my account. On December 16, I received an advertisement from Proactiv and I called and instructed the representative to please, please, make sure my account was closed. Also, refrain from future communication in regards to ordering items. I am only interested in my refund. I also spoke with Billing Specialist, Barbie and informed her that I had indeed cancelled the order and due to the negligence of Proactiv representatives my bank account was negative -$37 for ISF. She stated she would refund me the $35.95. I thought I was done with Proactiv, but this is when the trouble began. On December 17 I received an e-mail from Proactiv at 6:18 am and on the same day I responded (see Doc #1). A few days later I received a 2nd kit. Now my account is even more in the red. I called and spoke with representative Laura on December 21. She assured me that my account was indeed closed and that I would receive a total refund. I still had doubts of the ability of Proactiv representatives, so I called December 23 at 7:03 am and spoke with Mark during which time I requested a supervisor and was connected to Beth. Of course Beth tells me the same thing Barbie did which is of little satisfaction. After returning home from a family holiday event on December 27, I find a letter from my bank (see Doc #2). FYI: And make sure you read the last sentence that is underlined in the bank document. Now, I am charged twice for ISF and will be charged $10 per day until my account is at a plus. As a potential customer I did everything necessary to cancel this transaction short of driving to the corporate office and it was still fruitless. I spoke with Billing Specialist, Sandi on December 27 and of course had to repeat the same information again. This company needs to heighten their training. There is no excuse why this activity went on for more than 2 weeks. You people have the same information on the same computer screen. You are either lazy, incompetent, careless, or all three. And if the bank contacts me with additional charges I will forward them to you and if necessary to the BBB. After this situation is resolved, remove my name permanently from Proactiv.

Dorothy Woods
4827 N. 47th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212

(414) 324-4418
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Six Energy-Saving Tips For Winter