logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

rip off

prisonlines.com
Phone: 1 888 286 6115
prisonlines.com
I was looking at this way of communication so my fiance can contact me from the prison he is in. I was browsing around the site and it seemed legit. I even Google'd it to see if there are any reports of scams or issues with this site or company. I found nothing. So I proceeded with the purchase of having a "second phone line added to my landline or cellular device". They have an excellent selection for monthly plans that you think could save you some money, but once you purchase it, that's it. You're stuck. I tried calling the number many times but it goes straight to someone's voicemail box and they never call back. I tried emailing, but I get nothing. Now I'm stuck in a bind, paying $34.95 a month if i can't cancel this plan. Oh, I also looked up the cancelation, once you cancel you can not be refunded, but in the refund section of their "terms of use".. it states that you can not get a full refund and that if you cancel the same day you set up, you'll be refunded 50% of what you paid. I'm still trying to cancel my account and no one is contacting me. So I'm going to look into suing this company.

Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Prison Lines complaints
Prison Lines - cheap calls

Comments

5th of May, 2010 by   F** up +2 Votes
Prison Lines.com is a scam and they should be put out of business. I did not take the time to research this company, which was a big mistake. After signing up and approving a payment of $34.78 for a 300 minutes plan. I contacted the company and was told I had to have the inmate call me on the new phone line that they supposedly set up, which I did. That did not work. I called the company again and coincidentally got the same person each time I called, which should have sent up a RED flag. But thinking I'll be saving money I overlooked this coincidence. I explained to Karl (the name he gave me) the inmate has attempted to call several times on the number he gave me, his first reply was, what do you want me to do about it. He corrected his response and said I should contact the facilities phone company, I might have to pay a small fee for them to register my phone number. I called the facilities phone company and was advised that I would have to pay for a prepay card, the exact same thing I was previously doing prior to contacting Prisonlines.com. The only difference is now I have paid Prisonlines.com $34.78 to setup a prepaid card at the same rate as before. This is absolute wrong, a scam and should be reported. My next move will be contacting channel @ news.
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   Debra Montgomery +3 Votes
I paid for (2) phone lines at 34.78 and there was also (2) charges at 12.99
on my credit card. I called them the next day and told them the service was not working that Global has the contract with the jail and that they had caller I.D. Frank answered the phone and told me to hold on, he put the phone down and I could hear them speaking Spanish they never came back to the phone I finally hung up and called again, and they would not
pick up the phone I then blocked my call to them and they answered it was
Frank again I told him I was going to turn them over to BBB I then called my credit card company to try to get my money back. they did a partial refund. I ended up having to pay it to keep my credit score. These people need to be investigated. I think its called FRAUD. There add reads 100%
refund if you are not happy well wheres my money.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   seawolf +2 Votes
I have been dealing with this company since April. My mother was dying and I had to go out of state, so it took me awhile to get in touch with Prison Lines and tell them Global would not let my calls through either.
I called prison lines over and over, no answer or busy signals, I tried e-mails. When I finally got through they gave me all kinds of reasons to keep trying to get a call through with Global Tel Link. As if I were doing something wrong in setting it up.
I had the same problem as the other customers. They said they would give me a refund after I asked them to cancel in July, but I had been asking since May! They don't have any records of all the calls I made. Just the one in July.
I must admit, I should have been wary from the beginning. The people who man the phones don't really sound like professionals do they?
I do feel like something should be done about our prison calls. I just don't know what.
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   ronmcor +2 Votes
Zip Code / Route:91915
Phone Number:8882866115
E-mail Address:gonzalezf_@hotmail.com
Other IdentifiersWeb Site:www.prisonlines.com

I paid for this service 19.99 for setup and 9.99 for 100 minutes of calls per month. The first month I was unable to set this up due to their inability to get me a letter for the prison. When I finally did get this letter from them the first month term had already expired. prisonlines.com refused to refund my money or turn the service back on until I pay another $9.99. I have never been able to use this service through no fault of my own. They would not credit my account for the $9.99 charge I already paid but did not receive this service for.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   sPOILEDwICCAN5150 +2 Votes
THIS SERVICE IS A SCAM!! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. I AM SICK OF THESE SO CALLED SERVICES DESIGNED TO HELP LOVED ONES KEEP IN TOUCH, BUT SCAM OUR MONEY AND ATTEMPT TO SCREW WITH OUR INTELLIGENCE. THE "EXACT" FAMILIAR VOICE (WOMAN) ANSWERS ALL CALLS, IN A "I DON'T GIVE A SH** TONE, THEN CAN NEVER TELL YOU ANYTHING BECAUSE HER COMPUTER SCREEN NEVER HAS INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THE TELEPHONE SERVICES THAT YOU INQUIRE ABOUT BECAUSE YOU'VE NOTICED SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES. THE B**** ANSWERS MY FINAL CALL, I REQUEST A SUPERVISOR (POLITELY AT FIRST). SHE PUTS ME ON A BRIEF HOLD AND ANSWERS THE PHONE IN A DIFFERENT MANOR..(LIKE I WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE HER VOICE) SHE ASKS IF SHE CAN HELP ME. I REPLIED "YES, YOU CAN START BY PUTTING A MOFU SUPERVISOR ON THE PHONE BECAUSE I RECOGNIZE YOUR VOICE B****" SHE THEN ATTEMPTS TO TELL ME THAT A SUPERVISOR WASN'T PRESENT AND SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHEN ONE WOULD BE., BUT SHE WAS THERE TO HELP. I TOLD HER "YOU HAVE HELPED YOURSELF TO MY MONEY WITHOUT PROVIDING ME ANY SERVICES, NOW I WISH TO SPEAK WITH THE HEAD SCAMMER, I AM SICK OF DEALING WITH YOU SCAMMERS IN TRAINING!!!" I AM A PROFESSIONAL WOMAN 80% OF THE TIME. THAT OTHER 20% I AM NOT LIABLE FOR. I DO NOT TAKE KINDLY TO MY HARD EARNED MONEY BEING PUT TOWARDS SOMEONE ELSE POCKETS WHO FEELS ITS JUST TO SCAM OTHERS. I AM AN ANGEL, BUT WILL FLIP IN DEMONIC MODE WHEN YOU F*** WITH MY MONEY! MY REFUND BETTER SHOW UP AS PROMISED WITHIN 7/10 DAYS OR I AM GOING TO TAKE THIS UP WITH ANY/EVERYONE I HAVE TO, TO SEE THIS COMPANY SHUT DOWN!
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   ronmcor +2 Votes
Hey, same issue here with them. Same response. I just called and complained to my card issuer that I never got the service and they immediately reversed the charges. Your bank should do the same.
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   Dontdome!! +2 Votes
Im going through the same B/S right now. These scamming assholes need to be shut down. I calld and set up an account wth them three days ago...and still no results. After seeing everyones complaints...it sent a chill down my spine. I calld my bank and had them reverse the charges on there asses!! Now im canceling my card for a new one. GOTS TO BE MORE CARFUL!! These days you can trust no one...and this is a prime example on why not. I bet they wont be getn no more of my money...im gone make damn sure of it!!
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   ShadyStuff +1 Votes
We're also trying and waiting for a refund on a set up also. 9.99 to set up and 9.99 a month. Talked to a Frank and Anthony at Prison Lines.com. Told them we needed a refund, he said it would take about 2 weeks for that. If any of you have contacted a lawyer let me know. So far I can't say I've been ripped off unless they never refund my money. Getting in touch with them to ask for a refund was a bit of a PITA. First time I got hung up on, then left a few messages with a return call request. Got nothing. Called again today on 6/14/11 and talked to Frank, and he said refund will be about 2 weeks. So I'm keeping in touch with my bank and taking it step by step. Anyone with help or suggestions email me at AngellicBlues@aol.com. Please subject title it Prison Lines so I don't ignore it. Thank you.
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   For G. Garcia and others like him 0 Votes
suck
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   nellieGirl +1 Votes
try this number 619-600-5553>> im experiencing the same bullshit!! and when you call; call from another telephone number that they wont recognize!!
 22nd of Aug, 2011 by   Ladyday +1 Votes
Wow reading this is makin me think twice but I got the 3499 plan for 500 mins n I didn't have no problems with them like my boyfriend called it's didn't go thru I had to call v connect n give them money 4 the correct calls n we been talkin every since...
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   setthingsstaright +1 Votes
Having problems with Prisonlines.com? Yes they are a scam as they are using google to act as they are affiliated with coldcrib.com and THEY ARE NOT!
Want honest service go to coldcrib.com They will explain from start to finish to get the results you want in lowering your jail calls from your loved ones in prison
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   setthingsstaright 0 Votes
Want honest service go to coldcrib.com.. They will explain from start to finish to get the results you want in lowering your jail calls from your loved ones in prison

16th of Dec, 2011 by   Ronda M. Knowles 0 Votes
I signed up for this service in order for my daughter to be able to reach me at any time she's allowed to use the phone while she's in jail and also to save myself some money. Prison Lines set up the account with my mother and they neglected to advise her that I would need to also set up an account with the jails phone service and that there was a possibility that they may not accept Prison Lines phone service. When I contacted Prison Lines because my daughter couldn't get the phone number to go thru to my cell phone. I was at that time advised that I would need to purchase the other service as well. Then I was disconnected and wasn't able to get anyone to answer the phone again. I've emailed them with the same results. I want a full refund of my money since they failed to give us all the requirements necessary to be able to even use this service. I would not recommend this service to anyone!
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   Fabianfl 0 Votes
As far as the service that they provided, well I have to add I've been working with this company for 3 yrs now, I was going thru GTL directly they were chargind 13 dllrs per call that was way too much, so Prisonlines by givin me a local number does give me savings, now I just pay at the most 4 dllrs so I must add I am a satisfied customer with prisonlines, I guess it depends for every case but for people like me that we live hella far from the facility it does hes us a big savings in our pockets
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   Fabianfl 0 Votes
And also I constantly checkin my account and no problem, and well for the bad comments that you're adding here you are ruining it for people like us that we really are saving with this company believe me GTL or securus will scamm you worse then any other provider out there I hope people that are spending alot do find a good option like I found it AND DON'T HATE with bad attitute like the one u guys are posting here damn I dont want to imagine over the phone wouldnt want to be a rep at prisonlines lol ...
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   babyblu214 0 Votes
@whythelongfaces hey dips*** if you haven't noticed loved ones are paying for inmate upkeep. We pay for their commissary, phone lines, and anything they need. And yes it is also coming out of OUR taxes too!!! So think before you start opening that ignorant mouth of yours!!
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   babyblu214 0 Votes
Why wouldn't I spend my hard earned money on my loved one? Its the samething as paying college for a child and he or she goes and spends it on partying. and really you actually think you pay more than what I pay for? Ha don't make me laugh! So please show me the reciepts of what your paying please!! And no I won't complain to my loved one (not criminal) not everyone in there is a criminal!! Cuz if they were then everyone who gets a ticket is a criminal too then since they broke the law too. Seriously its dipshits like you why American is at a downfall. How bout you complain to your government for charging you huh?
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   babyblu214 0 Votes
no my husband isnt innocent and he is not a criminal. just there for traffic tickets if you must know. mine is in jail. but i know people who are in prison and no they arent innocent either yes they broke the law but that doesnt mean everyone should condemn them to a life without having a loved one around. and yes college maybe a choice for some but not for all. just like those criminals who chose to break the law. and even if i didnt know anyone in prison or jail, i wouls still feel the same about this. you complain about criminals living off your tax dollars why dont you complain about the real people living off your tax dollars like all these females that just have all these kids to get section 8, foodstamps, and all these government funded programs. they are the ones getting all your tax dollars!! do you even know that most prisons actually have their prisoners grow their own food, have them wash their own clothes, fix whatever is wrong in the prison and many other things. They arent taking your precious 2 cents they take of your tax dollars. and with that i say get a life and a better paying job maybe one day i'll go apply for section 8 and i gonna need your money lmao. im done replied to your ignorant ass. bye. adios!
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   buyer123 0 Votes
I purchase this service and this company is fraud they are working in Tijuana in Mexico they shouldn't be working from Mexico i thinks they are only taking our money i have spoke to various agents and they are fraud lets report them to the BBB this company needs to close

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups