logo

2. (20 mins ago)
Acs Inc Usa
Scammers
3. (26 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
4. (29 mins ago)
Cheshunt Overseas LTD/Acai Berry
No working phone number or information to cancel program.
5. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
UKPI - Tim Burchell
UK Private Investigators - UKPI - Tim Burchell - Took my money but did not provided me with the information

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER, Manassas, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - ANIMAL SHELTER INTAKE PROCEDURES

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER Contacts & Informations

Posted:    emilydaniels

ANIMAL SHELTER INTAKE PROCEDURES

14807 BRISTOW RD
Manassas, Virginia
Phone: 7037926465
MY 1 YEAR OLD PITBULL/BOXER MIX NAMED JADAKISS WAS TEMPORARILY AT MY MOTHER'S HOUSE IN WOODBRIDGE VA UNTIL I MOVED IN TO MY NEW HOUSE. MY MOTHER CALLED ME ON 12/2/09 AT 10:30 AM TO TELL ME THAT HER HUSBAND LEFT WITH JADAKISS ON 12/01/09 AND SAID HE WAS TAKING HIM TO BE PUT TO SLEEP BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT THE DOG AT HIS HOUSE ANY LONGER. HE WOULD NOT TELL HER OR ANYONE ELSE WHERE HE TOOK JADAKISS. I IMMEDIATELY GOT OFF THE PHONE AND CALLED HOME AGAIN TO REPORT MY DOG MISSING. HOME AGAIN SENT OUT ALERTS TO ALL OF THE SHELTERS/VETS IN THE VIRGINIA AREA. AT 12PM MY MOTHER CALLED ME AGAIN TO SAY THAT SHE LOCATED THE DOG AT THE PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER AND HAD BEEN EUTHANIZED. MY FIRST ISSUE IS THAT THE DOG WAS NEVER SCANNED TO SEE IF HE WAS CHIPPED AND IF THE DOG WAS RPORTED MISSING. AND MY SECOND ISSUE IS THAT THE DOG WAS GIVEN AN UNFAIR AGGRESSION TEST BECAUSE OF HIS BREED. HE WAS IN A STRANGE ENVIROMENT AND ANY DOG WOULD HAVE FELT HARRASSED. JADAKIS WAS A BIG BABY AND WAS A VERY LOVEABLE DOG. I WANT THIS SITUATION TO BE KNOWN AND THE POLICIES AT THE SHELTER TO BE EVALUATED.

Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2009 by   stephanie 0 Votes
Why don't you contact police, animal rights and any other activist concerning animals??
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   Aggie55 0 Votes
I am so sorry for your loss and I do think that folks jump to the wrong conclusion just because of a breed. I have seen some pitbulls that are so lovable. I truly think it is how the animal is raised and their environment. All animals have to be taught to be sociable just like children.
A
 30th of Jun, 2012 by   iamawonder 0 Votes
My husband and I went to the animal shelter this morning to look at the dogs for possible adoption. When we got there it was closed due to the storm outage and no cash register to take money. The people allowed us to go look at the dogs and when we found one we told them and stated we needed to go get our dog to see if they were a match. They said since we lived close by and they could not open yet to bring ours back and they would let them meet. We were gone about 40 min, long enough to go home and get our dog and come back. When we got bakc there they told us that they had sold him to someone else and tried to say they were there first. Then they got very rude and told us that the other people were there with money to pay for him. We were also if the two dogs had gotten along ok. This attitude is unacceptable to me. They were the ones to tell us to go home and they would let them meet then when we got back they were rude and didnt care.
 6th of Apr, 2014 by   Monica and Alberto 0 Votes
My wife and I went yesterday there because we found a dog three days ago on the street. Even many people were trying to catch him we were the only ones we got it in a safety manner. The dog was without identification.
My wife immediately took care about the situation first looking for the owners around the neighbor since she understood that this is the first step using her common sense. She walked for two days with three more neighbors knocking doors trying to find the owners with no success. She placed the information on the web in different sites FB, and other special web sites only linked with pets lost. Important to say my wife works for free as part of her important time to help pets lost to find the owners and creating a better life supporting them with donations, etc.
We have four dogs and one cat and we clearly understand how important is for a family to get their pet back again. Important to mention that my wife and I found three lost dogs on the street and we found the owners in less than a week each one.
After two days with no success trying to find the owner we made the decision to go to the PWC office assuming that the people there were able to manage the situation understanding that we were trying to collaborate since we went to the place helping the authorities to find the owner of this dog lost. Our assumption was totally wrong since the members of the office were since the begining with very poor treatment toward us, very rude, with very aggressive attitude assuming my wife was kidnapping the dog instead of a person that was collaborating with the authorities to put the dog with its owner.
The bad treatment we received was unacceptable and we reject this kind of abuse since we were trying to help and the response we received for them was totally the opposite without any reason. My question is if you are a good citizen trying to help them doing their job and receive this treatment as if you are a delinquent what you are going to do next?
In other words they are forcing to be negligent for next time since we will think twice if we want to help them understanding the big headache we lived treating with them.
Even that situation we will be keep doing what is the right however we asked the authorities to rectify the poor attitude they have when they are in front of good collaborating people. We asked the respective authorities to watch closely who are behind this counter and confirm if they have the right credentials to be dealing with people with good intention helping them and supporting them collaborating with their task and this is NOT ACCEPTABLE to be part of this unconfortable situation only because they are not well trained to deal with people or simply they do not want to do the job. We assume there are a lot of people that they can enjoy what are they doing.

Should You Insure Your Wedding?

Latest Groups