logo

cult

Primerica
Atlanta, Georgia
primerica.com
My husband got 'hired' by Primerica about two months ago through CareerBuilder.com. He has a bachelors degree in Public Relations, has no experience in financial industry and had never taken a single class in finance but was looking for a sales job. Needless to say, he was an easy target for Primerica's smooth talkers. Just two days after he got recruited his 'trainer' had invited herself into our home to do a 'kitchen table' with us to help us set our financial goals and help Paul 'train'.

Me being a recent MBA graduate I prepared a whole list of questions like 'So how exactly is Primerica different from say Mary Kay other than the fact that Mary Kay sells makeup and Primerica sells financial services?' and 'Is there really a business need for my husband to recruit his friend the plumber and our neighbor the Secretary to sell insurance with him so that he can make money of their sales to their friends and family?' I had all kinds of questions that I was so sure she wasn't going to be able to answer at least not to my satisfaction and that because of that we would not ever see her again.

Boy was I wrong. She had me completely showed. She was throwing around arguments about baby boomers retiring soon and how they'll be rolling their 401ks and all of this money will be exchanging hands and there will be no one to help them with their insurance and investment needs. And this is because companies like Merrill Lynch wouldn't even talk to you unless you have $100, 000 to invest and Primerica fills in that growing market of middle class people that do not yet have clear financial goals set.

To my question on whether Primerica is a multi-level-marketing company she exhaled: 'But of course it is multi-level! Every single corporation in the United States is multi-level. Everyone including CEOs have people below them, above and them or both.'
Not 30 min. into it we were already going into our Financial Needs Analysis (aka FNA) and through Primerica's 'Show Me the Money' 6 months plan. She was throwing charts, graphs and all kinds of flyers at us showing exactly how much money will my husband making over the course of next 6 months being on the fast track 'trainer's plan'.

Among other things she kept saying that if the wife isn't happy then no one will be happy and that she wanted to make sure I was agreeing with what Primerica had in plan for him and that I was satisfied with it. Along with six figure income after 6-7 months she showed us that the first month while he is training he will make exactly $565 - by his trainer giving him or finding him a client for a life insurance policy. Yes its small, $565, but its guaranteed and it will help pay for our daughter's daycare.

When she left our house I left pretty good about my husband's new job. Sure, its commission only but with all the 'training', help networking from his trainers and colleagues and his sales skills he is be bound to succeed. But my piece of mind did not last very long. In less than two weeks I saw what was going on. He was 'training' for about an hour on Saturdays only and spent all day Tuesdays interview new recruits. Outside that all he did was make endless phone calls soliciting new recruits.

As I work from our home office I get to hear the same sales pitch over and over again. Several friends started avoiding us as he tried to recruit them, they refused but he wouldn't back off. Around that time is when I found out that not only did we pay for the $199 membership fee but we also bought a term life insurance policy on my 27 year old husband's life that we needed so much as he could die any second and what would I do than to replace all of his income (with Primerica) ? And we didn't stop there.

We got an emergency mutual fund investment too. And all of this before trying to pay off all of the high interest debt we have that is costing it a lot more any investment we could make. Needless to say I went ballistic but as soon as I came down I started doing my research. Here is what I found out through watching him recruit and talk about Primerica:

Primerica is nothing but a pyramid scheme that depends on constant influx of new recruits that will pay the $199 membership fee and purchase number of financial services/ investments most of which they do not need or are not suitable for them. The manner in which Primerica sells these financial services involves some very questionable business practices and by sales reps with very little or no training, education or credentials in financial advising.

Even though my husband had now spent almost two months with the company he could not give you the definition of term life insurance let alone explain the difference between term life insurance and cash value insurance. Despite of this, he managed to recruit some 6-7 new people most of which he solicited off CareerBuilder. It's been two months now he did not make the promised first month $565. When he asked his trainer about it she told him she couldn't help him with it because he did not have a 'warm market'.

Primerica was been and is under investigation by the SEC, FTC and numerous other government bodies. Listing of investigations and litigations can be found SEC's and other sites -->
Litigation&sort=rank

If you just do a goggle or Yahoo search on 'Primerica fraud' you will get hundreds of hits explaining lawsuits, Primerica's deceptive tactics and testimonials of people defrauded. Most concerning of all though is that members of Primerica during company's presentations and speeches yell out 'Amen' and 'Hallelujah' (my husband admitted hearing this too) and insist upon Primerica being a 'Christian' organization.

The two of us had never went to church on our own before but only a month after he started working for Primerica he insisted on going to church every Sunday. And not only going to service but to Sunday school, Wednesday service and church softball and basketball leagues- its good for meeting contacts for Primerica.

To sum it up:

What Primerica tells their recruits is that:

1) They can easily make a six figure income
2) Their greatest income opportunity comes from recruiting new people from whose sales they will receive overrides (or % of commission)
3) The $199 dollars is for a background check (that typically does not cost more then $65 or that $40 is for the background check and $159 is to cover the cost of government subsidized classes (which oddly enough cost exactly the same in every state)
4) That in order to be successful selling Primerica's financial services it is strongly recommended that the representative buys a portfolio of Primerica's products
5) That Primerica is in fact a 'Multi-Level-Marketing' organization but 'as is every single corporation in the United States' (or everyone but the CEO has people below and above them)
6) That they are being recruited as financial advisors
7) Primerica is in the business of “helping people'
8) That Primerica is a part of Citigroup - the largest financial company in the world

What they don't tell their recruits is that:

1) Only about 1.5% all Primerica's sales reps ever make a six figure income, if even that many
2) Primerica does not cover any of the business expenses or overhead representatives incur in the process of recruiting new members or selling Primerica's services
3) As a result of questionable business practices Primerica's has been banned from operating in the state of New York for two years (strangely enough my husband's recruiter had moved down from New Jersey?)
4) Even Primerica's disclaimers state that 'Representatives are not financial planners, investment advisors, financial consultants or other specialists who provide financial advice and whose compensation may be unrelated to sales.'

5) That Citigroup is merely a sister company of Primerica that does not endorse any of Primerica's business

All that my husband has to say to this is 'I bet that if you look hard enough on the Internet you'll find that even Jesus is bad'. He does not want to even hear about anything about it much less consider doing his own research. He is now even planning on an advertising campaign to get his Primerica's sales started. Needless to say, Primerica will not pay for any of it.

Basically going forward my fear is that:

a) Him and I will pour hundreds if not thousands of more dollars into this 'business venture' before he figures out who he's dealing with
b) Some new recruit and/or customer will either break his jaw when they realize they had been defrauded or sue him

I have said so many things to him but nothing seems to be working. We just end up getting into fights about it. He is not himself anymore and has been completely brainwashed. He would not listen to me or his parents and family. His aunt actually had the exact same experience with Primerica and told him not to do it. But Primerica's answer to it is that its not for everybody - it is hard work and only determined and hard working ones succeed. But lately I've been feeling that the following applies.

Stay away from Primerica and their pushy salesman with no knowledge in any financial area. They are posing as financial advisors looking to take your $199 and sell you anything they possibly can. After all as a member you better be buying all you are trying to sell.

Susan
Atlanta, Georgia
U.S.A.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Nov, 2008 by   KCampbell -1 Votes
Thank you for your information. I was contacted everyday for over a week my this company. I finally agreed to an interview because the guy was so nice and persitent. Wanted me back today. Not going! Thank you so much for sharing. It saved me a great deal of grief and time!
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Denise -1 Votes
Susan,
I feel so much empathy reading your thoughts toward Primerica. Listen to you heart, you are right on the money. My husband started Primerica close to 10 years ago. He's always had a good job that supported our family; however, he wanted more. I was apprehensive about Primerica from the beginning because of how pushy and condescending the man over the local operation was. My gut said ... RUN. My husband was a man of character, great father, husband. I knew he always dreamed of making money somehow besides his job and accepted this because we were paying the bills with his regular job. Once he got into their program he also changed. We attended a very large church where he was well known. To my horror, he started using the church roster as contacts for Primerica. Every person he came into contact with was a potential sales prospect. It's hard to articulate but it really changed him. He became disinterested in his family life, but whenever I would approach him about it we would have an argument. There is definitely an element of mind-control. He never made more than $5, 000 per year. It tore apart our family.

I pray your husband will find something else.

Denise
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   Dhanush 0 Votes
Thank you very much mam. Internet is both a curse and a blessing. The need of the hour is to think critically. Primerica is basically a commission based business. And its true that when you pass the Life licensing exam you don't get the Financial advisor designation, which is the starting point. I'm a student nearing graduation. I was approached by a Primerica representative in a career fair. When i went for a conversation face to face with the rep. i found out that this guy was working as a primerica rep for 9 yrs and is still a REPRESENTATIVE. Just this little twist gave me the indication that there's something wrong. And i was true when i searched on the internet after reaching home. Try to tell as many people as you can to avoid Primerica before they fall into trap.

I f your husband is so attracted to commission-based businesses to make big bucks, then tell him to appear for Stock Broker series level exams. Its harder than life licensing exam but there's a potential for earning something by the end of the day. God bless!

Dhanush
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   Lorena 0 Votes
My marriage was already on the rocks and we agreed to work on it after he retired from his civil service job. A friend of his introduced him to Primerca and the representative came out to our home to go through the term life insurance plan and FNA. Instantly my husband was hooked, but I was a little skeptical about it all. Needless to say, the hours he spent working for PFS didn't help our marriage and he told me at one point that if I wasn't on board with him in joining PFS, then I wasn't on his list of priorties. We are now getting a divorce and I'm looking forward to it.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   Susan 0 Votes
My Son was contacted by an Ex Boyfriend, so I did my research showed it to my Adult Son so he could make his own decision, I spoke with the X told him I am not interested and left it @ that... He recently contacted me again and I stupidly mentioned to him I had just been laid off from my job... I sent out another EMAIL and this is the response I just received on 3/2/09;

I don't care how much you think you know.Do you think I would get involved with something bad? Susan you really don't know me! I'm shocked how stubborn and negative you have become. Do you think going back to school is going to help you. Honey you need a reality check! Companies don't want to hire people our age! they can hire some kid out of school for half the salary. Susan I know this is harsh to write this way, but I think your not being realistic. Good luck and have a great life. I wish you all the best! this will be my last draft. I won't open your E-mail again so please don't respond. you will just be wasting your time.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   rookie +1 Votes
It's really too bad there are so many people that are putting down Primerica as they are. I have been a rep for about 2 yrs, and only started actually "working" in the last couple of months, and already, been promoted.

If all of you that have been putting this company down have lots of money to hand off to big companies to get help with your investments, great, and if you already know how money works, great.

It is true that most people in this company don't do anything. But here's the thing, if you go to your "job" and don't work, will your employer really keep you and pay you? Probably not.

We simply give a chance to people that want a chance. We are NOT promising results.

Same as joining a gym, just because you join the gym doesn't mean you get in shape. You actually have to watch you diet, go to the gym and work out.

I am guessing most people putting us down are either competitors that are losing sales to us, or people that signed up, but didn't do anything.

For anyone new looking at this opportunity, check your facts of this business, and do yourself a favor, don't check forums, check credible business references.

And I don't mean ripoffreport either. they will post anything bad on anyone.

Hope this was usefull.
 1st of May, 2009 by   mzpaid +1 Votes
Well im not suprised at how completely closed minded the great majority of people are. I used to work for quite a few huge mortgage companies, I know and have worked in investments and have always seen fit to do my homework in all other aspects of financial planning. I can say as someone who as seen both the inner workings of banks and various lenders and that of Primerica. For all you consumers out there Countrywide now extinct and one with B of A drove their business by doing what was best for the company ensuring Angelo Mozelo kept obsene amounts of money rolling into his pockets and shareholders. I was once a Loan Consultant for them and was daily instructed to offer the worst products to the most innocent customers who were truly dependent on me to do what was right as they knew nothing about mortgages and I got paid well for it. Their key words BE VAGUE, dont believe me call Bank of America today and tell me ow satisfied you are when you give them your money to refi and you never get a call back and end up in a loan with hidden points and fees that they will secretly sneak into your loan. Has anyone tried to call their morgage company and ask them to help you put together a plan to get out of debt where you can be helped with your mortgage, debt, investments, life insurance, home and auto insurance and if you have more month at the end of the money and cant achieve your goals will your mortgage company offer you a way to make the difference. The answer is HELL NO! Primerica even behind closed doors pushes the idea of helping the consumer 100% of the time if we can NOT help you then we dont do business with you period! This field is not for everyone just as everyone cant be a doctor or lawyer or architect or construction worker or any other occupation you can name; but it is a fantastic opportunity for the right people. I feel great about what I do and I make a great living doing it. The way you will always know when there is a crusade happening or when something that goes against everything and is right is happening is when you see things like this when people try to persecute what they know nothing about or better what they do not understand. Some agents go about things the wrong way I do not doubt that but I have never had to pressure anyone into anyting I chose this route and I make 10, 000 per month at 22 yrs old with 2 children. Do your research a little better if your husband hasnt done well its probably because he didnt have his star player ' YOU' to support him and help build the business behind every great man theres a great woman I guess we can all see why your mans greatness is falling short. For anyone considering the Primerica opportunity do all the research you can before hand develop a passion for what your doing and if you allow these dumb bloggers to stop you from seeing for yourself then your in for a world of trouble never trust anyones information but your own!
 23rd of May, 2009 by   copernicus2009 +1 Votes
It's sad to see how many people base their opinions off of a company simply because "someone else" said its bad or they didn't get instant money.
This is why we will be financially independent and you will have to punch a time clock everyday. Not trying to be mean, just being honest.
Thank you for your time.
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   appleipodsucks +1 Votes
Is there anyone here who is not a whole life/cash value insurance salesman?
I know you are all threatened by primerica because they're opening eyes as to how your insurance companies have been screwing the public.

Maybe we can get some honest feedback.
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   copernicus2009 -1 Votes
Appleipodsucks,

Agreed. It's quite sad, really.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   Just Me 0 Votes
I was once with Primerica. In my opinion I found a better opportunity with HBW Insurance & Financial Services. It wasn't an emotional decision to leave Primerica it was a business decision. When I bring people on my team I just give them the information and let them decide what's in their best interest.

Primerica is not a scam, they just have their way of doing business and people can just take it or leave it.
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   Crissie B. -2 Votes
DUE to this WONDERFUL business/joke I am going threw a divorce at age32 with four children 9, 7, 4 and 2 and living with my parents. My ex husband has a Masters degree but will NOT get a J.O.B because he is SOLD OUT on Primerica!! We lost our home and now it has split our family up. VERY VERY SAD!! RUN AWAY when you hear PFS.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   PFSSmokingGun -2 Votes
Sadly, you're right in all that you said. But there are some things you need to know.

1st - You need to know exactly what you are dealing with. PRIMERICA is the classic MLM. MLMs eventually evolve into a cult-like movement that brands everything else other than its own teaching as evil. MSNBC did a wonderful piece on Quixtar (Amway in disguise), and the similarities between a big Quixtar/Amway function and a big PFS rah-rah-rally are scary to say the least. So, systematically, if you get tied into this "system", it will slowly and ever-so-gently remove your God-given ability to think independently.

2nd- One of the most powerful weapons you have on your side is FACTS. If anyone is mixed up in this MLM, they will have what is known as POL-Online. Log on to it, and force your budding new Primerica agent to read the cashflow scoreboard which will tell in plain language what everyone is earning. Regardless where you go, there will be very few fat cats at the top of the pointy-point dangling the "passive-residule income" carrot in front of every other broke/starving agent. By having teams of loyal followers who are willing to work for the carrot, they make money. The problem with this is the same as any other MLM, the older the MLM gets, the fewer the people who will ever get to the top of the pyramid.

Another fun-fact about Primerica is this - externally they boast over 100, 000 agents, and internally they boast around 20, 000 new recruits each month. And when they brag to each other, it is almost ALWAYS about how many recruits they have for the month and never the INCOME that they earn. Where do the new recruits go? I mean think about it, the total number of agents hovers around 100, 000, yet recruiting is going up. And on top of that, for 2008, some reports suggest that the total number of recruits went up while the number of agents actually dropped slightly. Tell me then, where do an estimated 240, 000 new people every year go? Low incomes and potential drive them out, and you need 240, 000 heads every year to just keep the average number up. And that translates into a certain loss for the rank & file agent who is trying to get along in the world.

3rd - You have to love the family member who is getting tied up into cult thinking. You have to lovingly hit them with facts, and they have to be shown a little each day what is happening. And they have to be won out of the system a little bit at a time.

How do I know?
I was there.
And by God's grace I was freed from cult thinking.

One more thing...If Primerica survives 2009/2010, that is, it is not shut down rather than sold outright from the CitiHoldings portfolio, you need to be there to pick up the pieces and to prevent your PFS agent from getting sucked into whatever rushes in to fill the void.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   knar7 0 Votes
Hi I'm Evelyn (kanr7) I what to know what happen whit my complain that I made the last week I 'm still waiting for a answer from you about the problem whit Julio Salazar (0E05021) probably I need to look for another source of help I can't belive that you support what Julio salazar did to me first Rvp rafael mejia now you why you can answer my email and tell me what happen to you to you company whit people like Julio salazar represent a big company like Primerica this is a shame for primerica this a shame that someone use your name just for recruit people then steal the money from them like happen to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: julissajv@inbox.com
Sent: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 23:53:42 -0800
To: help_callatlantabilling@primerica.com
Subject: Re: kanr7
Hi I'm Evelyn Kanr7 - again I want to know if you really take care of my complain if you have trobles to talk whit Julio Salazar (0E05021) about my complain about all this try to reach him to this phone #(818) 361-6033 sorry if I bother you whit this but I need I want a solution to all this you can try to talk whit Julio salazar or Rafael Mejia RVP

thanks for your time

Primerica [http://www.yellowpages.com/info-10896893/Primerica]
1038 N Maclay Ave
San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 361-4700
> -----Original Message-----
> From: help_callatlantabilling@primerica.com
> Sent: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:03:47 -0400 (EDT)
> To: julissajv@inbox.com
> Subject: Re: kanr7
> Your complaint has been forwarded to the Office of General Counsel and
> you will receive a response within 7 business days.
> CallAtlanta Billing
> help_callatlantabilling@primerica.com
>> Hi my name is Evelyn Juarez (kanr7) I worked in
>> the office of Rafael Mejia 1038 N Maclay ave,
>> Suite A San Fernando CA, 91340 The reason for this
>> email is because I want to file a complaint with a
>> person working at this office located in
>> California was a recruit of Julio Cesar Salazar (
>> Insurance Lincese # 0E05021 ) I was working with
>> Julio Salazar group, He asked me for a favor to
>> make a loan of money which came to the sum of $
>> 2723.00, but also I made another thing, he need a
>> computer for work in the office so one more time
>> he ask me for another favor because he don't have
>> good credit to buy something to credit so I we
>> decide to buy a computer for work in Primerica
>> using my credit. I lend my credit to him to
>> purchase a computer on my name to assist in the
>> work in Primerica first and decide to help him
>> once more time with the agreement that he going to
>> take full responsibility for making all the
>> payments on the computer with the company Dell.
>> unfortunately he did not do his part and the
>> company where we bought the computer call me that
>> I was late with all the payments. I talk whit him
>> about this why he don't made the payments for the
>> computer when we made a agreement to lend my
>> credit but always make the payments, and several
>> time actually I see myself obliged to put money
>> for my pocket to pay some money for the computer
>> because the company Dell always told me that they
>> going to send me to collection, but I can't afford
>> more this situation I don't have the money to pay
>> this bill because is not my bill I know is my
>> credit but I just trying to help him whit this
>> favor to work in Primerica I was really upset whit
>> Julio Salazar asked him for my money That borrow
>> him before and also for the money that I put for
>> pay some months for the computer and the most
>> important thing to be serious whit that agreement
>> that we made whit all the payments for the
>> computer and my money back .He refused to do his
>> part whit our agreement, So I decide to put my
>> complain to the RVP Rafael Mejia Rafael he ignore
>> my complaint whit the problem of the money and the
>> agreement that we have whit the computer saying
>> that the problem was between Julio Salazar and
>> myself not from office I explain him why I decide
>> to all for Julio Salazar my purpose just want to
>> help him specially whit the purchase of the
>> computer that was good to work in Primerica for
>> the whole group Of Julio S ( Dragon's Team)that
>> the name of the group of Julio's, Rafael Mejia
>> understood all this problem but he still ignored
>> my complain because I decide not to be part of the
>> office after all embarrassment situation could not
>> continue in the company of Primerica, Julio S ruin
>> my credit send me to collection missing to his
>> oath whit the agreement that he made to take
>> responsibility to pay the computer and also to
>> return my money back that I borrow him, I feel bad
>> because Rafael Mejia decide practically support
>> him because I decide not work whit them and Julio
>> Salazar still whit him. Now you are only source
>> that I have for me because you cannot be possible
>> to allow people like Julio Salazar continue using
>> Primerica to recruit people to work whit him in
>> Primerica pretend to be a good person ask for help
>> and them ignore this favor swindling a recruit and
>> don't pay his debt, and also to allowing him to
>> use Primerica your name in court in front a judge
>> of his hypocrisy I have letters signed for him
>> that he would be responsible for paying all the
>> debt including the computer payments and the money
>> that I borrow him but he just ignored never pay me
>> I'm still waiting for my money back, he never made
>> the payments to dell company he ruin my credit and
>> send me to collection for lack of payments to
>> Dell. I feel desperate about this you as an
>> organization and big company have to do with this
>> person working in your company that you are
>> supposed to help those across it represents like
>> Julio Salazar give a bad representation to the
>> name of Primerica he use this name to the laws of
>> this country to lie saying to a judge that we
>> never made an agreement, because I don't have
>> another option to take all this problem to court
>> because RVP Rafael Mejia he decide do nothing with
>> Julio Salazar, and my friend that also work in
>> Primerica told me that I can put my complain whit
>> you the headquarter of the company my friend told
>> me that this is not allow the someone nobody can
>> ask for money to their recruits I didn't know
>> about this I just want to make a favor, and Julio
>> Salazar he knows about the rules that you have in
>> your company and also RVP Rafael Mejia. Please
>> don't ignore my complain too please help me whit
>> all this situation please tell me if I can trust
>> in you. is a shame for Primerica that people like
>> Julio Salazar represent your name in front to a
>> judge in court and pretend that nothing happen
>> that all this is nothing whit someone who worked
>> in Primerica that not only ruin my credit and
>> never pay me back my money he ruined my
>> perspective about the people the recruit people to
>> work whit him in Primerica and for the other
>> people that know about this problem whit his
>> irresponsibility of our agreement .here I send you
>> a example of the copy of the paper that he signed
>> to me and you can give you a idea about all.
>> Thanks for your time I hope that you can
>> understand my difficult situation thanks
>> ----
>> Example Letter
>> To whom it may concern :
>> This letter is to notified Mr. Julio Salazar to
>> take full responsibility for the payment for the
>> computer which he ask me as a favor to help him as
>> a
>> co. signer duo to his financial negligence my
>> personal credit is been affected there for Evelyn
>> Juarez demand of Mr. Julio Salazar full financial
>> responsibility of payment or I will take legal
>> action against him. I will also write a letter to
>> Primerica Financial Service head quarters letting
>> Julio Salazar Loan
>> This letter is to notified Mr. Julio Salazar that
>> I Evelyn Juarez demand to him full payment in the
>> amount of $ 2, 723.00 as a personal loan that I in
>> good faith lent him, which he gave his word to pay
>> me back by January 2007 which as of today it
>> hasn't been paid not even a single payment.
>> I Evelyn Juarez give to MR. Julio Salazar the
>> option to pay me in one lump sum or 3 equal
>> installments stating July 11th 2008, in case that
>> Mr. Julio Salazar refuse to agree to this terms, I
>> will take legal action to Primerica Financial
>> Service, the unprofetional behaviors of Mr. Julio
>> Salazar whit his recruits.
>> Salazar.
>> Att.
>> -------------------------------------------------
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: help_callatlantabilling@primerica.com
>> > Sent: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:58:29 -0400 (EDT)
>> > To: julissajv@inbox.com
>> > Subject: Re: kanr7
>> > We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you
>> please send your request in
>> > English. We currently do not have a translator.
>> If you have any questions
>> > or concerns please call 888-737-2255, press 1
>> for billing, and 0 to speak
>> > to a representative.
>> > KV, CallAtlanta Billing
>> > ---- Original message ----
>> > >Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:29:45 -0800
>> > >From: "JULISSA J. V"
>> > >Subject: kanr7
>> > >To: help_callatlantabilling@primerica.com
>> >> Hi my name is Evelyn Juarez ( kanr7 ) I worked
>> in
>> >> the office of Rafael Mejia 1038 N Maclay ve,
>> suit A
>> >> San Fernando CA, 91340 la razon de este email
>> es
>> >> porque quiero poner una queja con una persona
>> que
>> >> trabaja en esta officina localisada en
>> california
>> >> era una recluta de Julio cesar Salazar estabajo
>> con
>> >> el grupo de Salazar el me pidio un favor que le
>> >> hiciera un prestamo de dinero el cual llego a
>> la
>> >> suma de $2, 723.00, tambien le preste hice
>> presatmo
>> >> de mi credito credito comprando una computadora
>> a mi
>> >> nombre para ayudar en el trabajo de primerica
>> acepte
>> >> y decide ayudarlo un vez mas con el acuerdo que
>> el
>> >> iva a tomar toda la responsabilidad de hacer
>> los
>> >> pagos de la computadora quese le hizo a la
>> compania
>> >> Dell. lamentablemente el no cumplio con su
>> parte, le
>> >> pedi el dinero que se le havia prestado tambien
>> que
>> >> terminara de hacer los pagos se nego hacerlo,
>> por mi
>> >> parte me queje con Rafael Mejia el RVP Rafael
>> ignoro
>> >> mi queja diciendo que este problemas era entre
>> los
>> >> dos no de la compania Primerica cuando sabia
>> que se
>> >> havia hecho bajo un acuerdo que era para ayudar
>> >> el grupo de Julio Salazar por motivos que yo no
>> pude
>> >> seguir en la compania primerica por este
>> problema
>> >> con Julio Salazar rafael mejia decidio apoyar a
>> >> julio Salazar, ahora estamos llevando este caso
>> a
>> >> corte, decidi contactarlos ya que ustedes son
>> una
>> >> esperanza para mi porque no se puede ser
>> posible que
>> >> permitan que personas como Julio Salazar siga
>> ab
>> >> usando de su nombre de Primerica mitiendo ante
>> una
>> >> corte ante un Juez de su hipocrecia tengo
>> cartas
>> >> firmadas por el de se haria cargo de pagarme mi
>> >> denero mas haria los pagos a la compania Dell
>> de la
>> >> comtadora, no a pagado la deuda tambien aruino
>> mi
>> >> credito mandandome a colleccion por falta de
>> pagos a
>> >> DEll. me siento desesperada ante esto ustudes
>> como
>> >> una organisacion tienen que ver con las
>> personas que
>> >> trabajan en su compania se supone que ustedes
>> estan
>> >> para ayudar atravez de quienes lo representa
>> mas sin
>> >> embargo el Sr. Julio Salazar perdica su nombre
>> de
>> >> Primerica ante las leyes de este pais, por
>> favor
>> >> digamen si me pueden ayudarcon esto y hablar
>> >> Julio Salazar y con Rafael Mejia de como pueden
>> >> permitir que pase esto dentro de su compania de
>> >> Primerica es un verguenza que personas como
>> >> Salazar reclute personas solo para
>> >> estafarlas.gracias por su tiempo
>> >> loan. $2723.00
>> >> Email Notifier Preview
>> >> Receive Notifications of Incoming Messages
>> >> Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access
>> them
>> >> with a click. Visit www.inbox.com/notifier [http://www.inbox.com/notifier] and
>> check
>> >> it out!
>> > Thank You.
>> > CallAtlanta Billing.
>> > (Please include your solution number and this
>> email if you are going to
> Thank You.
> CallAtlanta Billing.
> (Please include your solution number and this email if you are going to
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   Done with it -1 Votes
My husband and I are probably going to get divorced soon. He has been with this company for several months, and I WAS all excited about it at first, especially since my husband got laid off at his previous job. Then I realized what it was going to take to actually make it with this company, (MLM) and started listening to the cult-like pavlov conditioning CD's of "motivational speakers" he was given, and boy was he sucked in. He doesn't have an education, and is the perfect candidate for someone to be sucked in by Primerica; he's a hard-worker, wants success, and is enamored by the stories of previous "drop-outs" who have made millions with Primerica. So far he hasn't made more than $1, 000 a month at it (6 months) and we are losing our house, we already had one car reposessed, and we are considering filing for bankruptcy.

If you want your marriage to survive if your spouse gets sucked into this company, either you need to join with your husband, and convince yourself that you don't mind the fact that it's an MLM and you don't mind moving into your parents' basement for 5 years, or not say a word as your friends and family start avoiding you because they are tired of hearing your spouse talk about it.

When my husband told me that other people on his team are in fact contemplating bankruptcy after being with the company longer than him, (they've been with the company 8 months) what does that say about the income?

Sure, some people make it big, but for how long? Then what? If you actually make enough to not lose your house/cars, do you have any friends left? i guess people who make it big don't have to worry about friends- because the newbies that they brain-wash instantly become their BFF's for however long they stick with the company.

It's like a legalized form of a gang/cult; they make you feel like you're bonded with ever other Primerican because of the "mission" and the "crusade" they teach you to all have someone in common to hate; everyone other insurance company. It's so stupid. And to also hate people that don't join, because they are "close-minded." Never mind that I have not gone on one date in the 6 months my husband has done this, and had numerous fights because he wants me to "create a list" for him to recruit/sell to people, and I've already given him every name of every person I can think of. He thinks I'm the one that needs to change my thinking, regardless of the fact that we're losing everything. It's nuts. Maybe he'll find some other Primerican girl to help raise him up to be the "Primerican Super-Couple" but me, no way. I'd rather keep making 2-3x as much as he is, have health insurance, and still have my dignity.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Bernie123 -1 Votes
Take heed to the warning. I wish I had. I was a desparate single mom trying get out of the rat race. I lost my job because I got hit by a car. The company I had worked for was mid-sized and did not want to take the hit on insurance by entering my claim. So I was fired. I had no insurance
and ended up on assistance to make ends meet while on recovery. While in physio, one of the clients came up to me and said she was from Primerica. I didn't know who they were, but little by little -she talked to me about what she did. I wanted to get into the insurance business, thinking I could make money there.

She invited me and I went to my first sit in. Nothing spectacular, just testimonials about people who were once in a hard financial position and are now pulling in $50K+. It took 3 meetings before I was convinced that I could be there too. Well, I plunked down $185+ on the table and signed the dotted line. Then, the following week I was informed that I had to pay $3 to every seminar that I attend hereon in. Then at the seminars, if I was interested in reading any of the materials or using any of them to captivate potential clients, then I have to pay for that to (cost range: $2 - $25 each). Not even a week and a half and I was enrolled into an intensive course to acquire the LLQP insurance. Come to find out that $165 from the $185 given to these people was to pay for the license. There were 2 weekends of intensive training. Out of a class 60 people, I was part of the 10 that passed the prelimenary exam. I was assigned to a supervisor. The supervisor hung around my like moth to clothes. it was a wonder that I could go to the bathroom by myself when he was around.

I still kept speaking with the woman who originally told me about Primerica. She still made nice with me and inquired how I was liking Primerica. I told her I liked it but did not agree with having to give my supervisor the leads I worked so hard for. My supervisor, would take me to local meetings every Sunday, where a group of 15-20 people would come to share there hopes and dreams. We'd watch inspirational clips about various people from various backgrounds. We'd read books together about Think and Grow Rich. We's share successes, eat together, talk together, cry together. It felt like a family. Until my 2nd month. I still didn't produce a sale. I spoke to friends, family, neighbours, strangers - you name it, I spoke to it!!!

I was told that I didn't try hard enough, I didn't believe enough, didn't say the right words, didn't wear the right clothes. I was told thatI should be working my good looks. I was told if I was smart, I'd of gotten at least one by now. I left dejected, My supervisor saw how visibly upset I was and trie d his sexual advances. The guy was a rat! He was married. I refused him. And rejected them. Primerica is a cult. They throw lovebomb celebrations using residual income that those who make insurance sales should be receiving.

By the time I left Primerica, and it wasn't even 6 months - I was more poor then when I went in. If you read the fine print, you'll find that if you have another business on the side you have to choose between Primerica or the other business. If you choose the other business, Primerica has the right to take your leads and business away. They charge you for everything and fill you with pipe dreams. They try to make it so easy when it is not and dehumanize you for not producing. You can't even get your own business cards without your supervisor's name on it!!! Whatever you work for, your supervisor gets a huge chunk of the profits - while you are left with little. Guess those people who made $50K+ did so off of those who produced leads and left just like me. Save yourself the time, money and grief. If Primerica comes knocking, run like ***!!!
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   ougner +1 Votes
Primerica Financial Services is a multi-level marketing company that is heavily regualted by the Securties and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as FINRA and the State Commissioner in all 50 states. Funny how all these governmental entities missed the fact that it was a scam, but congrats you found Primerica out! You were the one to see through all their lies.

Fact: 50% of all small businesses fail in the first 5 years. (Check it out on this government website: http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/plan/getready/SERV_SBPLANNER_ISENTFORU.html)

Fact: When you start a Primerica business, you fill out an IBA (Independent Business Application) that costs $99 + $25 for POL (online data storage service/tracking service) OR $199 and no POL. The IRS views you as a business owner (hence Form 1040 at tax season).

Fact: Most people who begin work in Primerica are not coachable, willing to work hard, or prepared to not have a boss telling them what to do (meaning these people discover the harsh reality that they have to develop self-discipline and drive), hence they fall out and post on http://www.complaintsboard.com that it is a "scam".

Facts are objective. Emotions are subjective. Looking at this post from a logical standpoint I see very few facts.

As to the 5 points listed in the original post, let's look at these logically:

"What they don't tell their recruits is that:

Again readers, look at the facts for yourself first-hand. Don't make decisions based off second-hand knowledge.

Hope this gives you some additional food for thought.

I'll leave you with a quote from Pat Riley: "Look for your choices, pick the best one, then go with it."
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   GPAG 0 Votes
Litigation&sort=rank

Primerica is not and has not been the focus as stated of investigations outside of ordinary review of those agencies. No different then the largest of traditional investment firms. Get you propaganda straight. For a company of their size, the amount of complaints they recieve (all of which Primerica resolves if notified directoly 770 381 1000) are far less then the industry numbers. Please Read the retraction printed by RIP OFF REPORT.
/URL removed/
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   Canadian Primerica Rep 0 Votes
Primerica is GOING PUBLIC!

AND we all know, that this was written by someone either

A) does not understand what's going on
B) is an agent from an other company
C) is just plain stupid...

It's gotta one of those or a combination of A+C or B+C..
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   youcandoit 0 Votes
well i am a divion leader with primerica & im sorry that not every body here is happy with pfs. you got to understand that this is a business opt. & not a job so just like any business there are no guarantees only just a shot at doing somthing great. & whats so bad about protecting your family with life insurance are saving up an emergeny fund for your family its to bad that people would bash primerica for just offering them a shot at changing thier sitiuation. then they try to blame pfs for thier broken home please thats no where near fair the real fact of the matter is it takes gutts to do this business & maybe if those women would have suported their husbands maybe things would have been better but maybee thats to much to ask so now what go back to the rat race & pretend like every thing is fine in corp. america LOL... i love primerica & the people in pfs & i love jesus to whats wrong with that this is america lets not forget & is primerica perfect no do we do whats right well lets see im now 30 debt free & see my famiy more than ever all because of a shot offerd by primerica. by the way as of april first 2010 you can find us on the new york stock exchange under PRI doing very well

Grandparent Scams