logo

Posted:    Ms. Smith

Overcharged

PriceRock.com
pricerock.com
I recently (01/09) bought a 1.4mm 14k yellow gold chain from PRICEROCK.COM, an online retailer. I felt comfortable purchasing from them based on the items description of "exquisite quality", terrific photo of chain and (most importantly) based upon thier offer of a 30 day refund policy listed on thier home page.

The day the chain arrived, I was immediately dissapointed. The chain was of poor quality ( you could see the little solder marks where each link was cheaply joined), it was of a pale gold color that looks fake (like plated), and it was lighter in weight than I expected. I had 2 local jewelers look at it, and they both confirmed that this chain is of low quality, and would likely break very easily. The chain is stamped 14k, and I did not pay to have it tested as I now knew I'd like to return it, and did not want to invest any more money in this shopping fiasco.

I went back to the PRICEROCK.COM website to read the details of how I should proceed with the chain's return and get my refund. That's when I realized for the first time that they charge an ABOVE AVERAGE "restocking fee" of 25%! WHOA...that's a red flag to me. I would NEVER have purchased here, had I seen this fact first. This tells me the company intends to make $ off of me, even when I return their low quality item.

I followed thier "rules" and have attempted to contact them 3 times via email to request an RMA# (get thier approval) to return the chain. I've NEVER received a response. Recently, I've began calling thier two listed numbers (732)765-8181 and (888)465-3810 and get NO ANSWER, no VOICEMAIL, no RECORDING. Do not purchase from a company you cannot reach.

At this point, I figure I have been scammed. Call it a $130 lesson learned. I hope folks will read my report and AVOID shopping here. Of course, you should feel comfortable shopping here is you'd like to pay good money for cheap looking items.

I will not go away quietly, I'm filing reports within the state of NJ with complaints against them. This company should be forced to be more honest on thier website! Next to their 30 refund policy should be an (*) that refers people to small print that states they will charge a 25% restocking fee and they reserve the right to deny your refund, and they reserve the right to NOT COMMUNICATE with you at all. That would have more people think twice before they shop here!
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Naplis 0 Votes
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I have a gold chain in a shopping cart at pricerock, com but thought I'd google "pricerock.com complaints" before I went through with the transaction. Your review came up. I will be emptying my cart at their site and buying somewhere else. I'm sorry you had a such a crappy experience, but it saved me from the same. Thanks again.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   vic3177 0 Votes
I'm in the same mix, I've ordered a chain, an its not here yet, I paid for two day air, after two days of trying to call I got in touch with some one who barely could speak English, they finally sent me a usps tracking number after countless emails, an they sent 30 numbers that was not even valid, this place is a scam an should be sued
 18th of Jan, 2014 by   Chris8131981 0 Votes
I also was RIPED OFF by PRICE ROCK.COM I had reacently bought a 14k white gold chain the delivery wasnt't the prob when I opened the package it didn't look at all like the picture and wasnt the propper length I immediately called the company I got lucky and talked to someone he was helpful "or so I thought" I did what he said and even sent it pryoity that was two weeks ago I haven't recevied a email or a call to let me know what's going on ?? I've called many many times I can never get ahold of anybody. There isn't a voice mail to leave a message Guess Iv'e been ROBBED. I didnt even know about the 25% restocking fee till i seen thies reviews its crazy that thay can charge me for there LIES! DO NOT USE PRICE ROCK.COM
 20th of Mar, 2014 by   bmc777 0 Votes
TOTALLY AGREE with the above reviews! Ordered a chain didn't like it, so I sent it back per their return policy requirements. checked the tracking I sent it with they got it back in Hackensack, NJ on March 12th after 7 days of hearing not a god damn thing from them as far as what was happening with the return and more importantly no refund back to my bank account I called and the story gets surreal from here...I called the toll free number get Michelle to inquire she cant help me though as I don't have my order number. I tell her I will get it and call back. I do in less than 10 minutes except now for some reason my call was suddenly in the perpetual "all agents are busy loop" I think they flagged my number to divert my calls or they just did'nt answer and as a matter of fact they never did again at that number when I called over the course of 3 days???? I again call but this time I hit option #1 and get a live guy named Sam who was the cust serv mgr so he claimed. I tell him what they problem is and I kinda get in his shit about it he assures me I will get a confirmation email later that day confirming the refund. I asked him why does it take 8 days of having the item they sold me BACK in their possession and yet they have started NO refund process that I am due

Itr seem they were going thru a transition and the girl Michelle was new so they are backed up...according to Sam.
I dont get any email...I call the next day get Sam he remembers apologizes and now it seems the ONLY person who can process refunds is the owner a "David" and guess what he is not in, he is at a funeral...I cant believe what im hearing. I tell Sam I talked to an agent from the NJ Atty Gen Office and I will file a formal complaint if I dont have a confirmation email of the refund in 3 hours.

I got that email...This company is structured to rip consumers off I think. stay away

Success University Fraud