logo

Priceline Contacts & Informations

Priceline

Posted: 2012-05-29 by

Priceline
I made resevation with Priceline for a rental car at Hilo Airport Hawaii. Requested that the reservation for the pick up be moved to Kona on the same island for the same date and time. National Car rental had no problems with change, but insisted that Priceline needed to change reservations. Priceline stated that they could not change the reservations and that the rental car company needed to change the pick up location. Priceline refused to change the pick up, give me a credit or cancel. BTW, I received a better rate going directly to another car rental website.

Now I know why Priceline will not change location pick up. National emailed me and told me that if I do not pick up car, they do not get any payment, which means Priceline keeps the entire amount !!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
On Sat Mar 8, 2015 I went to Priceline.com to book a trip. For the 1st part of my trip I needed a hotel in Carlsbad from Mar 24 to Mar 27. For the 2nd part I needed a hotel further South in San Diego from Mar 27–30. I needed two double beds so could not use the Express Deals or Name Your Own Price features…I had to pay the full published rate in the list view. Even though the rates were not discounted I still had to agree to the Priceline non refundable policy.

With the help of an agent (via the chat box) I booked the 1st part of the trip at the Sheraton Carlsbad without event. When I booked the 2nd part of my trip, the dates in the web form did not change—not sure why. Prior to hitting the “book room” button I did not notice that the dates were the same as the 1st part of my trip. Within seconds I got the confirmation for both hotels being booked on the same dates.
I asked the agent for help getting the dates for the 2nd hotel switched to the correct dates and he said it was up to the hotel so they would have to check with them. He told me I needed to call Priceline’s customer service line. I did and the agent said they would help me if they could but needed to get permission from the hotel. After 45 minutes on hold the agent got back on the line and told me that the hotel would not allow me to change the dates. They also told me that since it was my error there was nothing they would do—I was out the $800.94 and had to book and pay for another room.

I asked the agent whom they had spoken with at the Hilton and they would not give me a name. I then contacted Hilton’s customer care line and they told me they were sure that the hotel would agree to change the dates but they had to hear from the specific hotel. Later, I got a call from the Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel manager and he told me that NO ONE FROM PRICELINE.COM HAD CONTACTED HIM. Further he told me that if Priceline would allow him to, he would be very happy to change the dates of my stay.
I contacted Priceline and relayed this story and just got the same answer over and over: The rate was not refundable so we are within our rights to keep your money—whether or not we assisted me in booking the rooms.

I am in the process of disputing the charges through Paypal but I have to say I would never have expected this kind of behavior from a large, publicly traded US company. They are thieves and steal money from their customers without remorse…and will lie to keep the proceeds.

The icing on the cake? Minutes after Priceline’s escalated customer service informed me they would not allow me to move my dates and that I was out the entire $800.94 I received an email solicitation from Priceline titled: “Still Looking for a hotel in San Diego?”. LOL…as if I would EVER do business with them again!

The "No Credit Card" Diet