logo

Terrible Business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

PriceLimbo.com, Yucaipa, California Complaints & Reviews - $8.51 UNAUTHORIZED MONTHLY CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD

PriceLimbo.com Contacts & Informations

PriceLimbo.com

Posted:    TERRY cOLLINS

$8.51 UNAUTHORIZED MONTHLY CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD

PRICELIMBO.COM
32790 KENTUCKY ST
Yucaipa, California
Phone: 909-528-8185
I purchased a product by phone. When I received the product they gave me a 30 day trial for pricelimbo and something else too. I immediately called and cancelled pricelimbo and the other. Now ever since July 2008, I have been being billed $8.51 a month on my capitol one credit card. I called the number on my bill for pricelimbo on October 9, 2008 and cancelled it again. The customer service woman named Desi said that she cancelled it and that they would reimberse me for only 2 months. I said ok it is better than nothing back. Then, today I got my credit card bill expecting to see the credit to my bill, but what I say was another $8.51 charge. I called and complained again. They said they would cancel it but I would have to go to this website to get reimbursed. I would like to be reimbursed $42.55 please, or give me the phone number of the customer service for pricelimbo. Thank you.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Nov, 2008 by   Cheryl 0 Votes
I also, was scammed I ended up closing my checkcard to stop the debits. Also, the phone numbers are not right anymore!!! If you figure something out let me know!
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   ajd 0 Votes
I have been being billed $8.51 on my NFCU credit card on 27 OCT 08. I called the number on my bill for pricelimbo on 14 Nov 08 and waited to long to speak to customer service. I will like for whom it concerns to cancel my subscription effective immediately. Thanks.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Frank Snow 0 Votes
They did the same to me these MF don't care. I signed up for the Grant Master CD and canceled my subscription right away with NWKAG and they still charged me
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   kffoggh 0 Votes
I never heard of PriceLimbo until I got a ATT credit card bill 2 months in a row!
I tried to contact customer service at PLimbo but you cannot get through unless you have an account set up, I checked if I had an account..guess what..I don't have an account!!! I knew there was something fishy, so I called ATT and told them about the mis-use of my card that Pricelimbo foisted on me, an investigation ensues the following business day and I also cancelled my credit card since it was compromised.
The weird thing is I never got any emails alerting my welcome to Pricelimbo if I had done so. Most companies do this as a courtesy that I have dealt with on the internet.
This may be the the wake up call to never use a credit card again or the internet for anything other than known emails!
The front page of Pricelimbo upon my investigation as to who they are looks slick, but if you cannot register an issue with them without an account, then you have to conclude they are corrupt to begin with and may be a 2'nd or 3'rd party billing process center or some sort of internet fraud system.
I think from now on:
1. You have to call a 1-800 number first to talk with a real person
before making any transaction.
2. Be wary!
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Holly Eastes 0 Votes
I never authorized these charges. stop them now!!
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Holly Eastes 0 Votes
I did not authorize any charges. do not charge me again
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   nadine Berry 0 Votes
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!! I have NEVER heard of this web site, NEVER been on it, NEVER ordered anything...HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET MY CREDIT CARD # and charge something that I NEVER AUTHORIZED??????
I was charged the $8.51 on my cc and I WANT THAT MONEY BACK!!! NOW!!! And why is there no contact information of this web site...ahhh this needs to be reported!
Get rid of my information and stop with this shit!!!
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Margo 0 Votes
I ordered a free trial of Extreme Acai Berry tablets and the next thing I knew, I had a charge on my debit card for $8.51 from PRICELIMBO.COM!! Who the hell are THEY, and what do they have to do with Acai Berry?? How did they get my debit card nbr, and who the hell authorized it without my knowledge!?? There was no mention whatsoever on the Acai Berry website to check or uncheck anything you want or don't want. Rachael Ray and Oprah need to be aware of what is happening on the website that they're endorsing and make you feel is a trustworthy website for a legitimate trial of a product. This whole PRICELIMBO.COM crap has GOT TO STOP!!! There has to be an online BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU equivalent that can investigate these rips and put an end to their little scam!!!
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   penny 0 Votes
i was also charged too i called my bank they said i have to contact them, yeahright they don't have contact no.s and the bank told me that they couldn't help what the hell is that all about i thought they where supposed to stop this kind of thing happening? and they cannot do anything well i can im shutting my account down today and going to a new bank sod them .. HALIFAX ARE USELESS DON'T USE THEM I HAVE KIDS I CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE BANK CHARGES ON TOP OF THESE IF THEY TRY TO TAKE MONEY OUT AND I HAVE AN EMPTY ACCOUNT, , WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP I HOPE THEY GET CAUGHT
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   AdvocateForSmarterConsumers 0 Votes
Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it.
 10th of Dec, 2008 by   molly shell 0 Votes
THE PHONE NUMBER I HAVE 1 877 350 8480 THEY SAY WHEN YOU CALL THEY DID NOT CHARGES MY ACCOUNT .THAT PRICELIMBO DOS NOT HAVE A PHONE I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO THERE WEBSIT AND THEY WANT YOUR CREDIT CARD JUST TO GET TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.HELP IF YOU HAVE NUMBER PLEASE PUT IT OUT THERE. HELP WE NEED TO TAKE THEM DOWN

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups