logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arizona Tea
Diet decaf green tea with ginseng
2. (1 mins ago)
Tidebuy
ordered items never gt delivered
3. (5 mins ago)

Price Shuffle

Posted:    Nurith

Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

Price Shuffle
I found this site through a supposed "news" article on the internet and was lured in by the potential to try the site out with 100 free bids. I signed up for the account and was directed to a page to enter my credit card information. The web page is so fractured in appearance, that many portions of the site appear to be ads. I reviewed the box requesting my credit card information multiple times before submission to make sure I would not be charged a fee. The next morning, I discovered a charge for $149.75 on my bank statement. I immediately contacted the company via email, as instructed by the company's voicemail system, and requested a refund. I received a prompt email stating that the terms and conditions were "clearly stated" on their web page and that bids are nonrefundable. Since there have been so many complaints listed against them on websites such as this one, I sent a follow-up email contesting that their website was "clearly" labeled and, again, asked for a refund.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Oct, 2010 by   eli smith -3 Votes
Nurith, we are always willing to work with our customers. We do want to help you resolve this issue. If you were told that the charge was due to the terms and conditions, that was simply our billing department notifying you of how our site works and how the information is available before you commit to purchasing those bids. The 100 bids are "bonus bids" upon an initial bid pack purchase. Again, we would like to resolve this in a matter you see fit. Please contact us via email or call in during business hours to speak with one of our customer support representatives so we can rectify this.

Eli Smith
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by   helj67 +1 Votes
I too signed up for the 100 free bids, and stupidly put in my card because I thought you had to for when you actually bid on something, plus the article was misleading in portraying the reporter as trying out the site with their "free" bids. I immediately called ishuffle and requested a refund, but hey told me they would cancel my account, but I have to send an email to the billing department to request a refund. I hope they will do it right away! Asked my bank, but hey said they could not do anything about it! Very misleading!!!
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   mimismeow +1 Votes
Yep, me too...They took the $149.75 from my bank account via my debit card without notifying me and now I am so messed-up in my bank account where I paid bills not knowing that amount would be debited. I guess I'm not as attentive as I should have been, but I THOUGHT I read every word on the stupid site...My bad and theirs too for being such a deceptive racket ...I won't be caught up in this scheme by anyone else, you can rest assured on that!!!
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   KimGayle 0 Votes
Same exact thing just happened to me. It is completely misleading. You register by putting your name on the first page and then it takes you the the next page where you put in your shipping and billing info. Then you put in the Promo code to get 100 bonus bids. Then when you click to the next page you get a page that says you have 400 bids in your account and you are wondering how that happened. Why isnt there an intermediate page that says "you are about to purchase 300 bids - click here to confirm" like every other legitimate website out there? I too sent an email at the suggestion of the customer service person who took my phone call. Call me a skeptic, but I do not think I will get the answer I am looking for and will end up having to dispute with my CC company. Next step is the BBB. Put these guys out of business.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   jow peet +2 Votes
It seems like this is the only way this racket makes money. The same thing happened to me. They are still giving me the runnaround.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   addelinesmom +2 Votes
I signed up for this and was immediately notified by my bank through a text message that there was a charge of $149.75. I immediately called priceshuffle and asked for my account to be cancelled and the charge reversed and was instructed to send an email which I have done. It has been about 5 hours and still have not heard anything back. I have contacted my bank to dispute the charge and because it has not posted yet they can not do anything. I have found sooooo many people on the internet that this has happened. And I am sure like most people, can not afford to go 24 hrs without this $149.75. This charge has left me with $8. I have been scammed by an unethical company. I have already filed complaints with the BBB and FTC. They have to be stopped.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   slombardo101 +2 Votes
I too had a problem with these folks. I had to contact my bank and submit a copy of all the emails i sent price shuffle my bank sent copys of the emails to them then after all that they did refund me. Had i not made copys of all emails i would have to have done a charge back.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   BrianPed +1 Votes
I also signed up for this and was immediately notified by the company through an email that there was a charge of $149.75. I immediately called priceshuffle and asked for my account to be cancelled and the charge reversed and was instructed to send an email which I have done. It is sunday and I just want my account cancelled and money back. No where on the site during the registration process does it tell you about a cost of the registration. it does show on the page the bids are 50cents each but nowhere does it say you have to buy anything at this time. I checked my card and i do have a pending charge at this time. I just hope this company is willing to do what is right on monday and credit my account back the money that was taken and cancel my account. This will tell if this is truly a scam or a legitimate company. The bid system could be useful for some people but I am not willing to spend $147 dollars in the hopes of getting a deal.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   ScottJayhawk 0 Votes
I had exactly the same experience. Their definition of "clearly stated" is exceptionally generous. The sign up box is huge on the right and takes up most of the page, step 2 is the same way - but very small on the right is the drop down where you buy bids - VERY easy to miss. And I never got a pop up box reiterating I would be charged, I was very much under the impression the 100 free bids promotion was just that - as the news story I read stated.
When I contacted support they replied in about 5 hours and credited my credit card and sent a copy of the receipt. I suspect this is in large part because this happens a lot and they know they are in the wrong and will lose any fights over it.
It's ashame too because it's entirely possible they are legit and you can get a good deal on some merchandise but their misleading practices are crap.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   melwhine 0 Votes
I agree the same happen to me and now I am getting the run around. I want my money back. I do not have an extra $149 in hopes of getting a deal. We all should have a class action law suit. This is horrible, who can you trust anyone, this is a expensive mistake. They need to make it right. Has anyone gotton there money back?
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   melwhine +1 Votes
To file a complaint, go to attorney general for California, 800-952-5225 lets stop this.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   joeyc 0 Votes
I too have the same problem. nobody has contacted me back. i will start all my complaints now as I am waiting for my money back. I do not have $149 to spend. There site should be shutdown for misleading everybody. There should be a huge class action law suit against them. They should honor anybody who has been mislead!!!
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   I mean business +1 Votes
Do not do anything over the phone, DO NOT use any of the bids. Collect all the e-mails you interchange and make perfectly clear to them that you will follow through with all the legal options at your disposal. Don't hire a lawyer 'cause he's gonna be a bigger rip-off than what you are trying to get back. Here's some contacts you may threaten to use and SHOULD use if you don't get complete satisfaction (full refund like I did ). Your State's Attorney General Office- Cyber Fraud Task Force, Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3 (organization in partnership with the FBI) National White Collar Crime Center (NWC3). Complaints can be filed online at http://wwwic3.gov, Federal Trade Commision. Look up Priceshuffle Complaints (or whatever is the name of the thieves outfit) in Google and make copies of the posted pages (for your bank and the other entities ) make them aware of all the tools you have at your disposition and let them know without a doubt that you will use them, particularly the State Attorney's Office where they may be located. I gave them 24 hours to comply with my full refund request last night, and got a full refund this morning. Good luck, and God Bless you. Signed: Another Sucker
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   Cherokeeeagle +1 Votes
I never opened a account with Price Shuffle .com and have called and emailed and they tell me the same thing each time. My bank is telling me they will have to put a hold on mycard if Price Shuffle will npot refund my acccount. This company has to be stopped and shut down.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   brdpatch +1 Votes
I, too, am a victim. Same story. Once the charge was discovered on my credit card, I immediately complained via their online communication box, then I called the number provided and spoke with a very sassy woman who told me that everything had been disclosed at the time I signed up. (Oh, yeah???) She told me to e-mail my complaint, which I did, and have had several e-mail communications with them. They have offered me 100 additional 'free' bids and a $75.00 refund, which I feel is inadequate. I want a full refund. I used 35 'free' bids before finding the charge on my account. I told them to keep the 65 bids left of the original 100 'free' bids and refund my money in full. MSN must also be notified of our complaints, as they are advertising these guys. This has to come to an end.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   beaches112 +1 Votes
I to have been scammed. I was also led to believe that I was signing up for 100 free bids. I was just looking around the site. I never bid on anything because then I learned how it worked and believe that anyone (including the company) could just bid at the last second and then the auction time would increase again. I have contacted my CC company to dispute the charge. Not sure what will come about it. But if that does not work, then I will email them.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   G R Cunningham +1 Votes
I've had the same problem...I gave my credit card info for the 100 "free bids, ' and ended up charged $149.75. I was told too bad I should have read the disclaimers. I've been buying via internet since you could buy over the net and have never encountered a legitimate web site that didn't give you a FINAL OK over a purchase. I tried to bid on an I Pad and the bidding went on for several days. After you had add their handling and shipping charges along with the bid price you could have bought the Ipad from a retailer for about the same! What a ripoff! If contacting my Attorney General's consumer scam program and filing on these no goods!
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   jumperfling +1 Votes
Hello,
The company is a huge SCAM and I received nothing nor purchased nothing from them. Their deceptive practices TRICK people and then they keep the $149.75 and I'm now out of that money. PRICESHUFFLE is a SCAM and if they were a legitimate company they would refund money. I have turned them into the BBB and FTC, hopefully someone can stop them! Pieces of CRAP!!!
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   Stephen +1 Votes
File complaints with the FTC at:

Also with the Attorney General of your state.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   waterbabe +1 Votes
Add me to the list of those violated by this "company" Shame on them! And shame on me for being trusting of a good deal!
Had to cancel my CC card and all that entails. Can't get the support@priceshuffle.com to work, SURPRISE, surprise!
Not clear wording has scammed us all. BE CAREFUL!!!

Twitter Hack