logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Pantothen website
Money has left my account but no product has arrived.
2. (46 mins ago)
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pressler And Pressler, Cedar Knolls, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Scam and cheating!

Pressler And Pressler Contacts & Informations

16 Wing Drive
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Phone: 973-753-5100
www.pressler-pressler.com
I went to check my account balance before writing my rent check and to my horror saw that my entire checking account was wiped out in addition to a growing list of overdrafts being tallied (I have lots of automatic deductions). I'm in a total state of shock, have been on the phone all day trying to figure out what to do. The situation: it appears that a while back my banking information was stolen from Wachovia (along with tens of thousands of other people) and sold to the Pressler & Pressler law firm... they also are debt collectors. This past week, without notifying me EVER about a CitiBank credit card bill from over 10 years ago , they obtained a bank levy and cleaned out my account.

They will not furnish a copy of the account information or if it was real, a receipt showing that they purchased the debt from CitiBank. They took all of the money available out of the account and stated that there is still over $2000 owed, which they will continue to seek without my permission. I stupidly told them where I worked and they advised that they will move to garnish my salary, which would have me fired from my city job. as an RN Director of Medicare for a Health and Hospital Corp. subsidiary as soon as they are contacted by P&P.

The bank informed me that they need only be showed a paper signed by a clerk in the court that a levy has been obtained (I don't think a clerk can sign this) to deduct the money without my knowledge.

I just received a summons from superior court (Monmouth County) for Verizon bill from 2002 (they did attach a copy of a bill) and when I checked my credit rating there are numerous issues, all stated by P&P or their related companies. When I was first notified by Wachovia of the account theft, they stated that they would supply a year of TransUnion reports. I could never obtain that from them, their links did not work, but i subscribed myself and was able to remove quite a few erroneous claims (all from P&P affiliates) that did not belong to me.

The summons states that any judgments obtained will be in effect for 20 years. I am terrified that my life has come to an end. I will be unemployable and they will continue to search and destroy. How can they be allowed to continue...

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2008 by   susan Okman 0 Votes
Can you give me any information on what to do when this happens my account has also been frozen?
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   A very unsatisified customer 0 Votes
Ok so Pressler and Pressler are taking advantage of us Tax Payers and ripping alot of people off...Well I got answers and I have ways for us to fight back!!! I got some great legal advice and they are now directing me into the right direction.

I also found out that these Levy's that they are putting against people's bank accounts are either being done 1 of 2 ways...They are either hacking into the government system or they are paying people (MOLES) that work in these Banks to look people's information up and supply them to Pressler and Pressler. There is absolutley NO WAY, they could get your bank information unless you had written them a check from that account!!! I know, cause I am going thru this myself and I work for a Major Bank.
Judgements are being placed against consumers without them knowing, they are levying accounts without any fair notice and its out of control. They are trying to garnish wages...the funny thing is, when you try to get information from them about the debt, where it's from...they give you no information. They are very rude and the only thing they say is, you owe money and we will get it from you. I have recorded conversations, and its truly amazing...so here it is...this is where we stand together:

1st sign this Petition against them:

2nd file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, do a search for your state and file a complaint.

3rd file a complaint with the FTC:

4th file a complaint with the BBB:
www.bbb.org

It's needs to stop and they need to practise fair. I am not saying if it is a legit debt owed not to pay it, but it needs to be fair and they need to work it out the right way, not illegally.

For your enjoyment reading, read:

This company needs to be stopped...I am sorry we all have to go through this, but we have rights too.
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   Haywood Jablowme 0 Votes
Pay your bills deadbeat!!! It never would have happened. Just because a debt is old doesn't mean it goes away.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   normajane 0 Votes
They did the same to me. I feel attorney gneral need to investigate pressler & pressler. I was inform from the bank
they took 125 from my account for pressler & pressler to put
a levy on my account. We need to fight and have legal system get after this firm for there unfair practice of law. But the judge are on the side of pressler & pressler. I don't owe this bill for 1, 581.89
that they say I owe. I have no money for rent and electric and even to get my medince. I got ill and I can't work. So I get my retirement. So they took evrything from me. I DON'T FEEL I SHOULD PAY LEGAL FEE OF 80.00 $8.00 FOR FILING FEE.
PRESSLER & PRESSLER AND COLLECTION COMPANY NEED TO PUT IN THERE PLACE
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   KMc 0 Votes
I agree they did the same thing to me, and I was actually paying them off. O called in to make a payment, I was a few days late. I paid the guy and asked them if everything was ok. He said yes no problems. The next day they levied my account for 7, 000 when I owed 1500. Then they tell me sorry it was his fault blah blah blah. Then they tell, e fax in my statements so that they know the balance before the levy so that they can have the bank reverse it. I have been gettign nothing but runaround from them since. They said I have no arrangement yet i have been paying them a fixed amount for more than a year now. People should file a class action law suit against them. Dont pay with credit debit or check or online. You should get a prepaid MC or visa and pay them that way this way there is no trail back to you.
 5th of Nov, 2008 by   Anonymous 0 Votes
They did the same exact thing to me. They are being complety paid off the end of this month and I am taking them to small claims court and suing them for all of the overdrafts, fees, time off from work, etc.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   dolly 0 Votes
Look Pressler & Pressler are NOT LEGAL at all. What they are doing is ILLEGAL. They don't buy your account from anyone and they never pay back the original credit card company. They keep all the money. This is how they work. They send me a bill and said they own my debt now. I am out of work and can't pay the bill so I ignore the letter. (worst thing you can do) What you should do is read the Federal Credit Act and the New Jersey Credit Act or whatever state you are in. Ask for proof of the debt. Not a piece of paper with your name account number and balance. You want the items you bought the whole list. Send it certified to them and make them sign for the letter. Then when you go to court you show the judge your certified letter and that they won't show proof. This crap happened to me but I educated myself and fought back. I got the judgement vacated but what I saw at court was very sad. This company who owns New Century and Midland Funding & Palasieds etc. is so corrupt. They were stealing money from the poor people who were on social security etc. They can't keep getting away with this. I am writing a letter to the District Attorney and so should everyone on here so we can put these people in jail where they belong. Call the Attorney General, the FBI, the Governor, and anyone else you can think of. WE HAVE TO UNITE & FIGHT. UNITE & FIGHT, UNITE & FIGHT. Thanks, dolly
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   dolly +1 Votes
Wow, since I wrote last time I have found out so much more about Pressler & Pressler and all their companies (New Century, Palisaides, Midland funding, . Read the Case of Eleanor & Ralph Schiano. Civil Action No: 05-CV-177 (JLL). Pressler & Pressler stole $30, 000 dollars from them and didn't pay MBNA (the original creditor). The case is unbelievable. It went all the way to the Supreme Court (Judge Suter). They should go to jail for this. Everyone that has Pressler & Pressler or any companies they own after them should CONTACT THE FBI and the Attorney General immediately so they can investigate them. The Schiano case has crossed their desk already. We all need to UNITE & FIGHT. Thanks, dolly
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   MONKEY19683 0 Votes
I WAS JUST SUMMONS FOR TWO DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS ONE WAS AN ASPIRE VISA AND THE OTHER IMAGINE CARD... THE SUMMONS SAYS MIDLAND FUNDING VS MICHELE SMITH WHAT SHOULD I DO
 9th of Dec, 2008 by   chuvaris 0 Votes
spoke to my congressman, gave advise, since what they are doing is mail fraud, write to US postal Inspecter Service, Newark NJ. P P are committing postal fraud. I hope this helps. Chris 12/9/08
 14th of Jan, 2009 by   lisa 0 Votes
ok, get THIS story. right after christmas my brothers bank acct was frozen. I had him call and see what was up- gave him permission to have them talk to me. Long story short, his bank account was frozen and the debt was our sisters!

They have no joint bank account or anything. We called her and she called P&P and told them what they did is illegal. She is married to a federal marshall. She got copies of the summons, and she wasnt even served, it said it was an african american male. Summons wasnt signed or notarized.

She paid the debt and they unfroze but they did charge my brother $50!!! He just filed papers with the AG. I cant believe this company. How are they getting away with this????
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   ann 0 Votes
the company i used to work for paid most of my dept out of my pay since p & p had a judgement against me. my new company, since receiving notices from p & p have also sent payments to p & p but checks were being sent back totaling $800.00. my company is holding that money waiting for a letter of satisfaction from the courts. i sent a letter to the camden county courts and clerk requesting an answer to why the checks were returned and the reply which was scribbled on my letter stated that the judgement had been paid. i contacted p & p and they stated i now owed them intrest on the judgement. i requested that a letter be sent to me stating that this is interest(intrest had already be calculated on the judgement)owed and when this total amount requested was paid that a letter of satisfaction will be sent. the answer on the other end of the phone stated i will only get the standard letter of, send payment directly to p & p, which i received. now my new company is receiving the same letter again, inwhich they want filled out stating, when was the last time you sent payment and what was the amount. i need to just pay these people(if you can call them that) off but i am afraid i will never get a letter of satisfaction from p&p or the courts, whoever is to issue it. i need to get rid of this dept and get p & p off my back. it has been 2 years of p & p and i have had enough. they have this judgement under my maiden name even. help...
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   carlened 0 Votes
I just went to Bank of America, and realize that they levy my saving account this is the second time. Three years ago, I had my baby in Morris Town Memorial Hospital, I had health insurance for my and I. I was never charge for my medical bills, but only for the baby. The clerk never entered the health insurance information.
A year ago, I received a letter and a lot of calls from Pressler an Pressler. I spoke to the opposite partner, but instead he told me to pay it because I owe it.
I had to contact the director for Morris town hospital and fax over my insurance information, yet Pressler and Pressler still went a head and took my money out. I was cleared by the hospital, a public record is on my credit report and still out of $100 for bank fee, Bank of America charges. I am asking for my money and still no answer.

Now they are levying my account again, for an account I never had. Can somebody STOP these guys. Life is too hard now for someone who can just go in your account and take your little saving, and only to wait for them to return your money and sometimes not all
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   kris 0 Votes
I am currently dealing with P&P but, unlike what seems to be the majority of experiences here, it is in my favor. This is because, I believe, I know the law and made it clear upfront that I am not ignorant of what they can and can not do. A few things everyone needs to know:

There is a list of exempt funds that they CAN NOT TOUCH. Do a search for exempt funds and debt collection. The US Code also has exemptions so make sure you check that as well. You will need to prove that the money they are trying to take is exempt (bank statements, transaction history, etc).

If your account has been frozen, you need to file an order to show cause (proof that you owe the debt) with whatever court the suit was filed in. This will be the first step towards lifting the levy. Usually the court clerk can help you fill out the papers.

Check the statue of limitations in your state on debts. I believe that if a debt is older than 7 years, you are not liable for it, but am not 100% certain.

If you prove that your income (or the money they are trying to levy) is exempt funds, you are under NO legal obligation to make ANY deals with them after they issue a release of your funds. Don't let them intimidate you or make you think otherwise.

Obviously the best thing to do would be to get your own lawyer, but I understand that that is not always possible, especially with the way the economy is today. There are lawyers who will give you free advice or representation so check with your state's legal aid. Other than that, educate yourselves. You DO have rights.

The best of luck to everyone.
 21st of Feb, 2009 by   cj myers 0 Votes
omg! i have been at a loss for 2 days reading all of this. even tough i have had no dealings with these terrible creatures i want to help in any way i can. i found this stuff on you tube then started digging. what i found is so shocking. what on earth are people in new jersey doing to stop this? i have sent e-mails upon e-mails to everyone. i did send an email to sj mills of www.caipnj.com and pledged my support. i would start calling that lee pressler at his job. all of this is on that website. i'm just so angry all of you have to go thru this. please email me on status of anything any of you find. i'm with you. thanks cj myers. cj_myers_7@hotmail.com
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   renni 0 Votes
These people are total assholes...I am on SSD..(due to bad bad car accident & breast cancer, to top it off) They do NOT care!! They sent me some kind of form to fill out, wanted to know the value of my household items!!! Wanted to know EVERYTHING I owned!! Threatened me with the county sheriff coming here and arresting me!!! They had the nerve to (try) to intimidate me and say they are going to garnish my SS check...I get 600 dollares a month, are they going to have me living on the streets, eating from trash cans?? Going in for chemo, carrying everything I own in a shopping cart?? They call me at all hours of the day AND night!! Weekends too!! I have stopped answering my phone!! *69 shows their number, I Googled the number and it says it's P&P..I just happened to click this link! OMG..I thought I was the ONLY person they did this crap to!!! I pray to God they don't freeze my bank account!! I can't afford an attorny, I called my county's Legal Aid..They TRIED to reassure me, I don't make enough from SS, for them to touch it...*From her lips, to God's ears!!* I have bookmarked this site..I want to keep tabs on them, like they try to do to me!! I am not including any personal info, for fear they read this site too! God help us all!!!
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   ann 0 Votes
Since I wrote 43 days ago I followed the advice of all the above. I sent a letter to the following asking for a letter of satisfaction of the wage execution.
Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General, Office Of The Governor, Court Officer(who was in charge of the money received by wage execution), Gloucester County Civil Part Court Clerk, Gloucester County Affaires, Better Business Bureau and Pressler & Pressler. I received a call from Consummer Affaires who wants to pursue it, the Better Business Bureau who opened a case number for the Pressler & Pressler complaint and the Gloucester County Civil Part issued a court hearing on the wage execution for a hearing which is scheduled for 3-26-09 by a judge. My company I work for also received a letter from Pressler & Pressler stating to stop all wage deductions and to return any monies due to me and that the Court Order has been satisfied. Do I pursue this farther? What would be my next step? I am to assume I still need this to be entered into the courts that it has been satisfied and cannot just assume this will be done. I had gotten in trouble years ago with credit cards and we thought we paid them all off. They have not even told me which credit card this is that I owe for, but a wage execution was granted. Can I get the Judgement reversed by asking for proof of the debt and to what credit card company? All answers all welcomed right about now.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   fatimah 0 Votes
Hi my name is Fatimah nelson and I been a victim of pressler and pressler sence 2004 they garnished my paycheck for yours then they went into my cd account and took $ 700 dollars from me and they say I still owe $ 800 dollard witch I pay $ 40 dollars a month yes I feel like they are robbing me I contact all the companies they say I owe and my name was not even in the systom this I because these depts are from when I was 18 years old I'm now 33 years old I wish that it was something we can do because they ar eripping a lot of people off timah33@gmail.com
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   Tammy Chapel 0 Votes
Pressler and Pressler are crooks. I had a garnishment against my pay check for a specified amount. That was paid in full on 3/27/09. Today I get some bogus letter again from the courts who I believe are in cohoots with these dirty fat pigs that I owe yet more money. Am I supossed to pay forever? Will they continue to make bogus claims just to keep bleeding me dry? Why don't the courts stop allowing this to happen. Rapest, drug dealers, theives etc are let go and the courts waste time and money fattening the wallets of companies like P&P and pretty much destroy average America. I had a debt, I paid it. It's this oh wait we need more money so lets just continue to bleed the fools dry that pisses me off.
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   jen 0 Votes
I experienced the same thing with this group just a few months ago . They had the courts put a levy on my the funds for my rent and then froze my account -- without warning. This was horrifying because it was all of the money that I had.

Now I never have large deposits in MY checking or savings account. I suggest that you consider opening an "alternate" account (i.e. joint account or children's savings). They are not allowed access to them (check with your bank). If you believe that you owe anyone money DO NOT PUT LARGE SUMS OF CASH IN YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNTS.

In the meantime, I'm trying to clean up my debts. It's not good to be in arrears.

Most Expensive Cities for Car Insurance