logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
2. (5 mins ago)
Tagged Team Annual Lottery Promo 2011
Rita Collins, William Li, Dr. George Hu, Mr. Ro Many, Barrister Sok Hung
3. (13 mins ago)
University of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group
Class Action Law Suit: Misuse of Title IV Funds and Accounting Practices: Unethical business practices : Scam and Fraud
4. (28 mins ago)
constant telemarketing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pre-Paid Vanilla Visa Cards, Toronto, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - Unable to activate purchased Vanilla Visa Cards

Pre-Paid Vanilla Visa Cards Contacts & Informations

Pre-Paid Vanilla Visa Cards

Posted: 2013-06-12 by    Leslielo

Unable to activate purchased Vanilla Visa Cards

Shoppers Drug Mart
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
I recently purchased 2- $150.00 Vanilla Visa Cards from Shoppers at Sherway Gardens. When the cashier rang them in, she advised me there was a problem with the cards and that the number on the package did not match the number on the actual cards. After much checking, I was advised that the cards would not work and I would have to call the 1-800 number. I told her I didn't want the cards and to refund my cc. She said she couldn't do that as this was a "third party" purchase and there was nothing Shoppers could do. Replacing these cards has been a nightmare - many calls - lost replacement cards, new cards issued. Finally I got the cards and sent them to my customer who had been patiently waiting only to find out he couldn't activate the cards. I had to call them again and found out that they put MY birthday in as the secret code to activate. This has been a nightmare. I will NEVER purchase a pre-paid card from Shoppers again and I would suggest that the buyer beware of any "third party product" sold through Shoppers because apparently they can't stand behind these products once sold.
Comments Canada Drug Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Another Duct Cleaning Scam