logo

Deceptive and Devious

Potty Patch
Connecticut
pottypatch.com
This is a scam company! I do NOT know how the AKC endorses them. I bought this as it was supposedly cheaper than the one my trainer recommended. I decided to get a large one, though nowhere did they list the price of the large one, then got two extras as part of the many pop-up offers that they actually have on their site (many have nothing to do with dogs even and are just affiliate marketers or subsidiary companies). I went to check out still no sign of a price for the larger one NOR was there any info on shipping time. As I have a trainer and am moving time is of the essence. I have 4 small dogs and living in an apartment it is not always easy to rush home for their tiny bladders and two of my dogs prefer pads but they are both expensive and ugly (they love their walks but only like to do their business on pads).

Anyway, I finally check out and find out far from the 39.99 price of the small one I was paying 80 dollars for each of the three large ones PLUS 13 S&H and there were no dates given for when I would receive them.

I called day after day and each day was told to call back. I was mortified to see all the complaints online and finally called back and was given the excuse that "the orders that particular day/weekend had all been slow to get processed because of some glitch". I then said, ok, well pull my order and rush my delivery, I have been waiting a week, and explained my situation. NOTHING. They claimed they would look into it, did not, they claimed they would do something, did not, did not get back to me, finally I demanded they deal with it and have been told they would flag my order and cancel it---problem is I could have had a competitors for less money a week earlier and am at square one. This company is a fraud and should be shut down.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jan, 2010 by   teddyjzlt 0 Votes

doesn't work - Potty Patch

Doesn't work like they advertise. We bought it in November and the dogs are using it for a bed.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Leanne Catoe 0 Votes
I ordered one back in Sept. of last year. Waited, waited, waited... I finally got a hold of someone who told me another company had taken over and had all the orders. I called them, they couldn't find my order at all. I was an idiot and placed another one. About a month later, I received the potty patch. My dogs did not take to it for a while, they just wanted to lay on it, or chew it up! A few months later, out of the blue, I get a shipment of pads. I knew I had subscribed to the pad service, but there was no warning at all. They just took the money out of my account, which i wasn't expecting, and caused an avalanche of bounced checks and fees. I was pissed! Tried to call them a million times, couldn't never get a live person. Those pads aren't worth $30.00. I can get them at WalMart for $5.00! I finally found a number to a live person and cancelled any future pad orders. The Potty Patch is ok, but if you haven't bought one yet, and are considering it, DON'T! Not worth the price, hassle, and aggravation. Here's the number if anyone else is having the same problem getting a live person, 866-518-2294 . Leanne Catoe, Charlotte, NC
 26th of Apr, 2010 by    jb 0 Votes
Save your money! All I got from this was green "grass" pieces all over my floor and my puppy's bed. The puppy choked on some of the loose pieces. Very poorly made and of course I cannot get a refund. Also, there is no address or phone provided on the box or the "instructions". This is probably the worst rip-off I have ever experienced. I strongly suspect the American Kennel Club has never tried this product or they would not endorse it. It is interesting that the marketing group is canadian and the manufacturer is in CHINA! Imagine that!?
 4th of May, 2010 by   JWT 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. The website is a SCAM and you will UNDOUBTEDLY have problems. Not only will you receive telemarketing calls from rude staff, you will also have to deal with possible non-delivery and, if you're like me, FRAUDULENT CREDIT CARD CHARGES. Just found out tonight I have a $320.00 charge that I DID NOT MAKE!!! Go to Amazon and get a grass mat - DO NOT BUY FROM POTTYPATCH.COM, WHATEVER YOU DO!
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   CWALSH08 0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FROM POTTYPATCH.COM I RESEARCHED IT FOR A WEEK AND IT LOOKED GOOD, HAD A LOCK ON THE WEBSITE AND ENDORSED BY THE AKA, YEA RIGHT!!! WHEN I FINISHED PUTTING IN MY CREDIT CARD NO. THEN ALL THESE SCREENS STARTED COMING UP WANTING ME TO BUY STUFF. OMG WHAT A MESS, THEN I NEVER GOT TO THE MAIN SCREEN THAT TOLD ME MY TOTAL ON THE POTTY PATCH. IT DID SAY $39.99, BUT GUESS WHAT I STARTED READING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ANOTHER PERSON AND IT WAS IDENTICAL TO WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. SO I CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD. THE NEXT DAY I FOUND THE INVOICE WITH THE AMOUNT ON IT, GUESS WHAT THE TOTAL AMOUNT WAS $185.88 AND THEY CHARGED (TWO) 2 SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES OF $12.95. WHAT A RIP OFF. SOMEONE NEEDS TO NOTIFY THE AKA ABOUT THIS ASAP. GO THROUGH AMAZON OR YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. FROM CWALSH - HERNDON, VA
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   Intookst 0 Votes
I agree totally here with everyone. What a rip off. I have a 5lb yorkie and the whole thing slipped off the pan and scared him to death. There is no way to lock the "grass" down on it. And the little pieces come off all over the floor. Luckily I didn't order mine online found it a Walgreen's for $40, but that was $39 too much. So now it sits on the porch for a shoe scraper...

What a horrible product, their web site says you can also purchase some spray that I guess smells like pee to make your dog use it, yea right I want that smell in a bottle anyway..

Moral: SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!NOT WORTH A CRAP!!!
 18th of Jul, 2010 by   Trish_ 0 Votes
After reading up on all the complaints logged regarding this product doggies.com blog last October, I decided to try making an indoor doggy potty of my own.

I call it my dog's Potty Pan. If you are interested in making your own... no artificial grass to clean either... then feel free to visit: trishparr.com/potty-pan-for-dogs/

Moral: Save money... do it yourself!
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   bernal895 0 Votes
We bought the Potty Patch because we seen the commercial and we decided to buy it.Well its no good .We took it home and set it down and guess what.Our dog went to it looked at it stood by it and urinated on the floor.Our dog does not use it at all.What a waste of money.Oh once he used it for a bed.I am very unhappy with it.And we have a small dog too.My e-mail address is navarro@tcaexpress.net.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   gooselover 0 Votes
I too ordered a potty patch before checking the product out. We have been bombarded with phone calls from a company called Quality Services at 727-712-0152 wanting to sell us "other things". This company calls at least 3-4 times a day. When we ordered the potty patch, we were shocked by the price of $92.94. We did order the large one, but nothing on their website states it will cost more. I don't mind paying more for a large one, but their website needs to inform the customer. Of course there was no way to "cancel" the order right then and there on the computer so we immediately called and a customer service representative said she would give us $20 off. We agreed to this, however, they did not give us the credit. I have tried numerous times to cancel this order thru customer service but they state that the order has already been shipped and they can't cancel it - funny, on their customerstatus.com website, it says "in process" and allow up to 4 weeks for delivery. Potty patch is telling me that the order has already shipped in less than a week! This place is a scam and we will definitely refuse shipment and dispute on our card. Buyer beware of potty patch.
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   BOBWSA 0 Votes
I wish I had taken the time to read this before ordering this garbage. Well we did make the mistake of ordering this piece of garbage - first they sent the wrong size - we ordered a small got a small base with a large fake grass cover - we called to return the whole order - sure send it back was the response - yea send it back at your own expense. I ask to speak to a supervisor - well they don't have phone extensions - WTF. I can understand the customer being responsible for return shipping if they simply decided to return the product, but in this case the wrong product and at that a mismatched product was shipped. If you make the mistake of ordering this crap - dispute the charge on your card - ASAP. It's a company that specializes in FRAUDULENT charges not pet products ... IMHO
 9th of May, 2011 by   Michelle Sternberg 0 Votes